Something About Nothing............ #14

Rub it in Mac. LoL But I totally enjoy my Friday off day.

Ended up with soup and a salad. Neither of us knew what we wanted to eat. But chicken noodle and a green salad is always good. That, and we decided to bake some chocolate chip cookies. Hey, house has to smell good.

Blast from the past Charade. But do like the colors all lighted up. Seems B made out well on your shopping trip.

Nice night light Charade.

We went to a local BBQ joint. It was delicious. I came home with half my smoked.chicken carbonara. Sooo yummy.

No walk tonight. Too full...and it's super smoky here tonight. There is actual ash falling. I guess there is another out of control Forrest fire about 50 km away from here. Sunset is pretty...but only from all the smoke.

Enjoying having the remote control and watching " behind the attraction " on Disney+.

Oh and our dryer broke today 🙄. Both boys had it tore apart by the time we got home...and DH ordered the part we need. It should be here Monday. I will probably have to go do one load of laundry at the laundromat. Easy fix. One roller to turn the belt that turns the drum broke. These are the boys I'm surrounded by boys/men who can fix things.

Well...I should go open so e windows and turn off the air conditioner.

Have a great night hommies....save me a lite.bacon tomorrow morning for a tomato bacon sandwich 😋

Bacon ..... you bet I will be there
Set another plate on the table for me!

Always!!! Plenty of room round our tables........

Selfishly, I'm sad she's leaving....we really function like 2 peas in a pod!
But she's so ready to begin her journey at dental school, and I'm quite happy for her!!

Yes, hoping the apartment isn't a disaster area...

Dark and Stormy, is that one of the choices at StrongWater bar??

Enjoy your burger and your "me" time tonight!!!

WELCOME!!!! It's always nice to see new folks posting!! And congrats on that retirement!!

Didn't even realize it was Friday the 13th....need to look at my calendar more, lol!

Your DD is probably one happy camper....nice shopping haul!! And a fresh haircut is always nice too!

Sorry you're dealing with a difficult one....never a way to wrap up a Friday afternoon...

DH would easily eat a bacon cheeseburger for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I say, go for it!!

The zucchini ravioli became zucchini lasagna noodles, lol! I had never tried to make zucchini into noodles before, and they turned out wacky. Lasagna will hide that. It's in the oven currently, and smells quite nice!

I think it's time for a cocktail! I have some lonely limes that would love to take a swim in a drink...what to make, what to make??

View attachment 596979

TGIF!!

Of course you`ll miss her, and you know she`ll love what she`s doing, so that`ll make you happy too.

I tried courgettes instead of lasagne sheets once......notice I said once......lol.....actually it was ok, but not as nice or filling! Hope you enjoyed it though....and yes, cocktails on Fridays.....always good.

We had Dark and Stormy`s last night.......that used up some limes for us. Very much a cheers night.......

I am glad when peeps mention what day it is ...
Every day for me is Saturday

Yep, we`re the same mac.....sometimes I have no clue what day it is when we wake up.......retirement is the best job ever!!

We went to a local BBQ joint. It was delicious. I came home with half my smoked.chicken carbonara. Sooo yummy.

No walk tonight. Too full...and it's super smoky here tonight. There is actual ash falling. I guess there is another out of control Forrest fire about 50 km away from here. Sunset is pretty...but only from all the smoke.

Enjoying having the remote control and watching " behind the attraction " on Disney+.

Oh and our dryer broke today 🙄. Both boys had it tore apart by the time we got home...and DH ordered the part we need. It should be here Monday. I will probably have to go do one load of laundry at the laundromat. Easy fix. One roller to turn the belt that turns the drum broke. These are the boys I'm surrounded by boys/men who can fix things.

Have a great night hommies....save me a lite.bacon tomorrow morning for a tomato bacon sandwich 😋

Some bacon left over for you and Lynne.....although it may not be around for long!!

Hope the smoke starts to clear soon, it looks dreadful on screen....

You are very fortunate your husband has a mechanical mind and can do repairs

Mr Mac is a dud and we always have to hire someone for the jobs when it comes to repair work

Yep, we get the guy too for most jobs. Three Engineers in our house but we prefer to get folks to do jobs that aren`t fun........

No walk this morning, had an extra snuggly lay in this morning and feel better for it today. Bacon was delicious and nice to have a relaxing breakfast altogether as it`s Saturday.

Tom has booked a table at one of our favourite restaurants tonight for dinner, lovely place that is very romantic and lovely low lighting. And very good steaks!! Early though as he could only get a 6.30pm reservation or the next one was 9.45. So, no cooking tonight either. Light lunch of soup I made yesterday, and I have some bread rising right now waiting to go in the oven in about half an hour.

Plan some housework too and not much else....it`s another relaxing day ahead.

i-gtKMvf9-S.jpg

cv2254-S.jpg

cv2-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Saturday​

Good morning. Today will be an exciting day of doing laundry. I don't know what else I will do.

Oh and our dryer broke today
Sorry to hear that. Hope your guys will be able to repair it on Monday. I hate laundromats. We had to use one our first 2 years in Florida.

Mr Mac is a dud and we always have to hire someone for the jobs when it comes to repair work
Same here.

Yep, we get the guy too for most jobs. Three Engineers in our house but we prefer to get folks to do jobs that aren`t fun........
Many years ago I had several friends who attended Georgia Tech. Four of my guy friends decided to rent an apartment together. They went to install their washer and dryer and discovered that they didn't have the necessary tools to do it. Four male engineers and not one of them had the proper tools. I ended up loaning them mine.

Early though as he could only get a 6.30pm reservation or the next one was 9.45
What is normal dinner time for you? 6:30 is about average for us.

Time for breakfast and then more laundry.

Yay, short wait to get my new head shot, as did little one. 5 years later, we both will be doing it again. But as did some errands, lunch was late, and since men again are working tonight, it’s a little one and me night. Hmm, Pumpkin has a good idea, burgers. Will see what a very relaxed little one wants when and what for dinner.

Welcome Soniam. Stay awhile as now being that person of leisure time now.

Bacon? Ah Schumi will be eating her breakfast hours before mine. Hmm, bacon may be later in my morning too. Little one likes a dry BLT. Does not like mayonnaise.

Ah, I will make some more tea. Seems little one is not hungry yet, and may say burgers, though we had burgers last night. Pizza? Seems right for a Friday night later dinner time dinner. I’d be up for it. Family does not usually leave leftover pizza stay in the refrigerator long.

Hope all are relaxing, as the weekend will be after tonight. Woot! Ooh, as I suspected, tomorrow, as will be a wash and packing day, little one is not sure where her luggage is. Guess she better look before we leave the day after tomorrow. Though not much to pack. A week’s worth of warm weather clothes, and a long pant and lightweight jacket, just in case. And an umbrella and a handful of those cheap ponchos that fit in my waist bag or small cross body bag. Getting excited.
Suitcases and packing!! It's getting real!!

Actual ash falling? That would be so bizarre...stay safe!!

Smoked chicken carbonara sounds divine!

Glad you'll get that dryer fixed soon!

My DH is pretty handy. But he works so many hours, I usually hire someone rather than wait until he has the time.

Always!!! Plenty of room round our tables........

Of course you`ll miss her, and you know she`ll love what she`s doing, so that`ll make you happy too.

I tried courgettes instead of lasagne sheets once......notice I said once......lol.....actually it was ok, but not as nice or filling! Hope you enjoyed it though....and yes, cocktails on Fridays.....always good.

We had Dark and Stormy`s last night.......that used up some limes for us. Very much a cheers night.......

Yep, we`re the same mac.....sometimes I have no clue what day it is when we wake up.......retirement is the best job ever!!

Some bacon left over for you and Lynne.....although it may not be around for long!!

Hope the smoke starts to clear soon, it looks dreadful on screen....

No walk this morning, had an extra snuggly lay in this morning and feel better for it today. Bacon was delicious and nice to have a relaxing breakfast altogether as it`s Saturday.

Tom has booked a table at one of our favourite restaurants tonight for dinner, lovely place that is very romantic and lovely low lighting. And very good steaks!! Early though as he could only get a 6.30pm reservation or the next one was 9.45. So, no cooking tonight either. Light lunch of soup I made yesterday, and I have some bread rising right now waiting to go in the oven in about half an hour.

Plan some housework too and not much else....it`s another relaxing day ahead.

i-gtKMvf9-S.jpg

cv2254-S.jpg

cv2-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Saturday​
The lasagna was pretty good, clean plates all around! I did season a bit heavier than usual, since zucchini has no real flavor. The lasagna was a bit runny, since the zucchini gave off water. It definitely won't replace my usual recipe!

Ooooh, a night out for steaks!! Wonderful!!!!

Good morning. Today will be an exciting day of doing laundry. I don't know what else I will do.

Sorry to hear that. Hope your guys will be able to repair it on Monday. I hate laundromats. We had to use one our first 2 years in Florida.

Same here.

Many years ago I had several friends who attended Georgia Tech. Four of my guy friends decided to rent an apartment together. They went to install their washer and dryer and discovered that they didn't have the necessary tools to do it. Four male engineers and not one of them had the proper tools. I ended up loaning them mine.

I'm not a fan of laundromats either. Had to use one recently for my huge comforter. May end up getting a different comforter that I can wash at home...

We will be leaving in about 45 minutes to head to DDs apartment. I'm nervous of the condition it will be in...
But we will deal with however it is.

Her apartment building is in the most ideal location, and is known to house mostly dental students. She will be able to meet so many more people, and have a 20 second walking commute to her building.

Wish us luck!!

Same here.

At home dinner is around 6/6.30ish, but if we go out whether it be a romantic dinner for two or with friends we usually book tables for around 8pm.

Oh my husband has plenty of tools....taking up space in his manshed now of course, but just prefers not to utilise them......unless it`s a fun project of course like building the wine making kits! Think all that was needed there was an Allen key.

Suitcases and packing!! It's getting real!!

My DH is pretty handy. But he works so many hours, I usually hire someone rather than wait until he has the time.

The lasagna was pretty good, clean plates all around! I did season a bit heavier than usual, since zucchini has no real flavor. The lasagna was a bit runny, since the zucchini gave off water. It definitely won't replace my usual recipe!

Ooooh, a night out for steaks!! Wonderful!!!!

I'm not a fan of laundromats either. Had to use one recently for my huge comforter. May end up getting a different comforter that I can wash at home...

We will be leaving in about 45 minutes to head to DDs apartment. I'm nervous of the condition it will be in...

Her apartment building is in the most ideal location, and is known to house mostly dental students. She will be able to meet so many more people, and have a 20 second walking commute to her building.

Wish us luck!!

View attachment 597075

Yes, courgettes are so watery, I only roast them now, but find them similarly tasteless however you cook them. Glad you had clean plates though.

Good luck with the apartment today, hope it`s not a big job. Yes, I think with jobs around the house, it`s just easier to get someone in if you`re working....or even if you don`t lol......we have a long list of reliable tradesmen who we call upon.

Yes, looking forward to dinner tonight, haven`t been to this place for a long time, it`s within a rather nice hotel with lovely views, but trying to get a table so close is usually impossible. We got lucky.

Housework and laundry we wanted out of the way is now done. Lunch was nice although soup was missing something, realised I didn`t put in some spicy sweet balsamic in it this time. It was still very nice. Bread has disappeared somehow.....lol...

Looking forward to getting dressed up later......going out for lunch is never usually a fussy occasion, so this is nice.

Strawberry lemonade for now.

I am glad when peeps mention what day it is ...
Every day for me is Saturday

Len Testa from Touring Plans calls everyday Schmursday :rotfl2:

Rub it in Mac. LoL But I totally enjoy my Friday off day.

Ended up with soup and a salad. Neither of us knew what we wanted to eat. But chicken noodle and a green salad is always good. That, and we decided to bake some chocolate chip cookies. Hey, house has to smell good.
Baking Jack Jack Cookie Num Nums with my teen son today. It's a big chocolate chip cookie named after the Incredibles animated movie. They sell them at Disneyland and Disneyworld. Here's the recipe.
https://www.wdwinfo.com/entertainme...acks-comeback-jack-jacks-num-num-cookies-2-0/
Our son loves the pizza we make at home and is starting school this week. So, we will make dough in the bread machine and bake pizza tomorrow.

Good evening every one. Productive day today. I got all of my laundry done. Yay! DH and I made a trip to Home Depot. We are now the happy owners of a kitchen sink faucet and a new front door.
This evening we painted 3 boards. One with our wall color and the other two with potential cabinet colors. Wednesday we are going to take the boards, and a flooring sample to the granite place and see how they look together and hopefully pick a cabinet color.

Paris - Hope everything went well with the apartment.

Soniam - Cookie Num Nums sound really good. I am craving something sweet, but trying to be good.

Dh is watching more pre season football, I need to find something to do.

Had a busy/lazy day, if that makes sense :wave2:
Dh and the boys left early this morning. I think this was the first Saturday all summer that I slept in lol. I finally dragged my butt out of bed, sat around, and cruised fb and had breakfast. I was still tired, so I went back to bed for a nap lol.

I finally got my butt moving this afternoon, and had some luck shopping for dh's birthday presents. I picked up a few things. I will need the boys to help pick out a few more. Picked up some supper for myself, instead of cooking for one.

Not much planned for tonight. Just going to enjoy having the remote...maybe take those "sparkles" out of my hair tonight.

It seems the fire near here is 50% under control now. Still super windy and very smoky yet. But the area that Dh does his winter fun on his snow machine...is destroyed by the fire. It will take many years to get that back now. So sad.

That is my brother-in-law. There are many who are not mechanically inclined. That's why people hire others to fix things!!!! I am extremely luck that DH is great at it...and has passed it onto the boys. He has saved us lots of money over the years...and for that I am thankful.
Sounds like a perfect Saturday!!! I hope your dinner out was great.

The ash was not something we have experienced yet. We have been close to fires before, but have never had that. It was definitely weird and eerie. The chicken was delicious even as left overs for lunch today.
Our son loves the pizza we make at home and is starting school this week. So, we will make dough in the bread machine and bake pizza tomorrow.
Pizza...YUM!!!! I used to use our bread maker all the time. I haven't pulled it out much in the past couple of years. They certainly are handy!!!!

Well, I should get started on a small project that I need for dh's birthday, while he is gone. That way, I can have it in the trunk of the car before he gets home.

Have a great evening everyone!!!!

Charade....sounds as though you are getting organised with your kitchen......nice when a plan comes together!
Pumpkin.......busy/lazy day.....yep, had them, know what you mean. Glad to hear the fires are under control now, hope you get back out to walk soon.

We`re big fans of hiring others to do jobs more out of convenience than lack of skill.......every man to his trade is an ideal way to live.....and keeps folks in jobs too.

Lynne......safe travels and have a wonderful trip!

cv114-S.jpg

Yes, I went to bed without taking off the war paint! oops.

Dinner was indeed lovely. Tom was going to drive but we decided to get a cab instead. Tables are still well apart so no one was too close. It was very nice and food was exceptional. We both had seafood appetisers, perfectly cooked steaks with a shared pavlova for dessert. Yes, wine was enjoyed too.

We do love enjoying nights out with friends, but always nice when it`s just the two of us.

But, up early as we do plan to walk this morning, there is a little smirry rain in the air, but it`ll pass by time we head out. Certainly not cold.

Roasting a chicken in the Aga for dinner tonight and BLT`s for lunch......and maybe a lazy afternoon planned after having a late night.......a nap might be in there too.

i-THGQvKW-S.gif

cv42-S.jpg

cv5-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Sunday :wave2:

Thanks Schumi. Woke up to hear a bit of rain, and couldn’t get back to sleep. The joys of being an early riser. Made some tea, and should hear alarms go off around 1/2 hour from now. Phone saying rain chances again for the next couple of hours, but quiet and not raining now. Still warm though, as 72 degrees out, even this early. And how lovely your night out. Couples dining is quite nice when you get the chance.

Charade, sounds like all kitchen choices getting made.

Oh and see I might be early enough for some bacon. LoL

Ah a Sunday. Have a most enjoyable, sunny and relaxing Sunday.

Good Morning homies. And yep. This countdown is zero. Yay!

Good Morning All,

Lazy morning today. Nice cup of coffee and watching The Hobbit- Desolation of Smaug.

Did some back to school shopping yesterday. DS hates trying on clothes so that was fun :) I have to go back to Dillards sometime next week because I accidentally bought 2 pairs of the same shorts. DS was trying them on and I forgot to put the wrong sized pair up before I handed everything over to the sales person. Uggh.

Had some windy rain storms last night and my huge snake plant that I just moved outside yesterday took a tumble so I need to run to TJ Maxx to find another pot to put it in. Probably will do a little grocery shopping as well.

Where have you been Cam!! You were missed......glad things are doing well for you and yes, hope your trip is uneventful weather wise. Sounds a lovely trip you have planned.

Thanks, I have missed you guys. I got busy in June with our elections and just got out of the routine of checking the Dis Boards.

DH was raised a meat and potatoes guy.....as long as meat is available, he's content. Sometimes he even skips the side dishes.

Sounds like my DH. He is the same way.

Best of luck to your DD!

That is my brother-in-law. There are many who are not mechanically inclined. That's why people hire others to fix things!!!! I am extremely luck that DH is great at it...and has passed it onto the boys. He has saved us lots of money over the years...and for that I am thankful.

Mine too! DH probably would have made a great engineer. He has a wonderful mechanical aptitude just like his dad and grandad. This summer was the summer of breakdown at our house. DH was able to order parts for my suv, our fridge and our boat and fix them all. Saved us a ton of time and money. Just give him the internet and you tube and he can teach himself how to fix anything. Not me...I would have to hire someone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter