Something About Nothing............ #14

Pumpkin…….I’m so happy to hear your surprises went well…..he’ll love your gifts I’m sure…..

Charade hope you feel better soon…..pain is never fun. Las Vegas would be a fun trip for your husband and his special birthday.

Not a fan of pumpkin anything……tried pumpkin pie thinking I’d like it a few years ago…….nah, not for me. Except……I’m with Robbie…..love the pumpkin marshmallow latte products from Bath & Body……gorgeous.

Soniam, must be hard for your docs finding you good pain relief……sounds nasty for you with ibuprofen! I feel so lucky I can take anything.

Not long home from our birthday meal out for Tom’s birthday.,…..beautiful evening with lovely fresh oysters to start, perfect steaks, nice wine and desserts and exceptional service. Can’t ask for more.

We did book for my birthday next month while we were in……it’s perfection, everything is cooked as it should be and staff make the evening…….he did get Happy Birthday sung to him too. We do still make a little fuss over birthdays here.

I think we may sleep late tomorrow as I enjoyed a couple of cocktails we shared a lovely bottle of red wine, and now on our 2nd bottle of red wine at home……

E1B9A528-84B9-485D-90BD-CC2B6EB16161.jpeg

Sipping last glass of wine for tonight…….it has been a lovely evening.

Hope everyone is doing good tonight……..it’s the weekend and a Bank Holiday weekend in the UK.

Bacon up in the morning Mac………:thumbsup2

Hope you get a restful nap, Robo.

Yeah, sun is shining, thunder heard and phone has three times flashed lightning in the area. No rain we have had. From the weather radar, all seemed to be North of us. Did some errands and a Target run, and it was lots of traffic and very hot feeling out. The day that has flash flood warnings, also has excessive heat warnings. Oh so muggy out, so it’s no wonder rain clouds form. At least today, last day of the 5th heat wave we’ve had this Summer. 85 the high tomorrow, with more chances of storms, and still that oh so humid air. Sunday, still saying will be stormy, but at beast the humidity will be lower, and still around 84 the high predicted. So sunshine will still be enjoyed this weekend.

Friday night, alright, alright. And yeah,
BE68C40C-EA89-4B5F-B4BF-B91ED3C6243B.jpeg

Indeed, indeed.
::yes::

Not long home from our birthday meal out for Tom’s birthday.,…..beautiful evening with lovely fresh oysters to start, perfect steaks, nice wine and desserts and exceptional service. Can’t ask for more.

We did book for my birthday next month while we were in……it’s perfection, everything is cooked as it should be and staff make the evening…….he did get Happy Birthday sung to him too. We do still make a little fuss over birthdays here.

I think we may sleep late tomorrow as I enjoyed a couple of cocktails we shared a lovely bottle of red wine, and now on our 2nd bottle of red wine at home……

View attachment 600353

Sipping last glass of wine for tonight…….it has been a lovely evening.

Hope everyone is doing good tonight……..it’s the weekend and a Bank Holiday weekend in the UK.

Bacon up in the morning Mac………:thumbsup2
Look at you two! You look like you are having a ball! :teeth:

Tonight was interesting. Dh and I decided to go to a university volleyball game (one of B's good friends is on the team) while we could. The school is going to be increasing Covid protocols starting Monday. We got there and found out the game had been cancelled due to some of the opposing team testing positive. So we watched half of the school volleyball team play the other half for a couple of matches.

I am allergic to codeine, so they are always reluctant to give me painkillers. I guess the next step up is strong. I also have issues with ibuprofen causing stomach upset/vomiting. The only time I have ever needed any good pain killers or muscle relaxers was when I was having really bad neck/back problems due to carpal tunnel (shooting pain from my neck down to my hands) and when I had diverticulitis. Felt like someone had hit me in the lower abdomen for like 2 weeks. They gave me something that helped take the edge off, some sort of anti-cramping medicine. The 3 antibiotics probably helped too. Hope you get to feeling better.
That sounds like a nightmare. Thankfully I am not allergic to any pain medication, but there is an antibiotic I am allergic to.

My bil and his gf went between Christmas and New Years, and they said it was somewhat crowded, but it wasn't bad...but they also said they wouldn't do New Years there.
We would definitely leave before New Years. DH's birthday is Christmas Eve.

Have you been able to pass your kidney stones in the past on your own?
The last 2 yes, but the first one was a nightmare. Long story short- the stone was stuck and kept getting infected. I had 2 stints before they were finally able to remove the stone.

Las Vegas would be a fun trip for your husband and his special birthday.
He absolutely loves Vegas. Me, I can tolerate it. I have only been there once and I was expecting B at the time.

More preseason football tonight. Ugh.

Why more than one screen at home, Charade. Hope you are not in pain now.

Ah so happy it’s a Friday night, not a Saturday one. Little one felt like pizza. So pizza it was. And enough left for older one, when he comes home in another hour or so. He’s always hungry, as I think he does not eat much for dinner while at work.

Morning all! Terrible day here in Orlando...lots of rain, thunder and some lightening. I wouldn't want to be headed to the parks today. Supposed to be raining most of the weekend which is great for sleeping. :umbrella:

Look at you two! You look like you are having a ball! :teeth:

lol.....we certainly did Todd!

Just saw you post.....I forgot you are always up so early.....it`s nice to have such friendly company this time of the morning! Good Morning to you 😁

Shame your weather is sucky, but as you say.....it makes for a relaxing weekend when you don`t have to do anything! Have a good one......

Tonight was interesting. Dh and I decided to go to a university volleyball game (one of B's good friends is on the team) while we could. The school is going to be increasing Covid protocols starting Monday. We got there and found out the game had been cancelled due to some of the opposing team testing positive. So we watched half of the school volleyball team play the other half for a couple of matches.

That sounds like a nightmare. Thankfully I am not allergic to any pain medication, but there is an antibiotic I am allergic to.

We would definitely leave before New Years. DH's birthday is Christmas Eve.

The last 2 yes, but the first one was a nightmare. Long story short- the stone was stuck and kept getting infected. I had 2 stints before they were finally able to remove the stone.

He absolutely loves Vegas. Me, I can tolerate it. I have only been there once and I was expecting B at the time.

More preseason football tonight. Ugh.

I think people underestimate how painful these things can be. Hopefully it`s not that this time, but also hope it`s something and nothing making you feel bad.

We go between adding in a few days in Vegas either in the middle or the end of some of our trips. We have a friend at the hotel that loves Vegas and has given us many tips.....we`ll make it one day. I have no clue if we`ll be like your husband and love it or be ambivalent about it.

We slept like rocks last night, and had the best sleep in this morning, I think it was around 8am before we woke up, can`t remember the last time we slept for so long and so late.

Last night was so much fun. We did witness a little mini scene when a family tried to come in and one of the teen boys was wearing a sleeveless baggy tank top style tee shirt which is not allowed as part of the dress code, I think that`s one of their few rules along with trainers (tennis shoes) but they weren`t happy although eventually they did leave. The Steakhouse is in a rather lovely hotel, but it`s not stuffy, just nice.

Today, the sun is shining and it`s warm outside. Definitely a day for doing the bedding. How exciting........

Lunch is bacon with more bacon, pancakes and a poached egg on top. mac......you`ll smell the aroma when he starts cooking it........ ::yes::

Friends coming over for Chinese food tonight, not sure if we`re doing game night or not.....one of the guys is the competitive one who just has to top everyone else with every darn thing.......lol.....guess we all know someone like that in real life.....and no one wants to play if he`s there.....even his wife!! So we may just have some food and a drink......diet starts again tomorrow.......:rolleyes1

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.........Bank Holiday here Monday, so a long weekend for a lot of folks........

i-t59SgwR-S.gif

i-pZ3vs6d-Th.gif

cv29-S.png

Happy Saturday :wave2:

Excited for bacon morning topped with a pancake
Made by schumi

Well, Tom is cooking right now....I did make up the pancake batter....I helped 😁

Sitting outside in the sun, I can smell it cooking from here.....might be time to wander in and see if he needs anything doing, knowing the answer is no.....lol......

Yep, time to eat........

Ooh bacon? Ooh the smell of pancakes. I’d be there.

Thinking maybe I’ll do bacon sandwiches today. Still warm overnight, as 75 out, but no streaming sun through windows. Cloudy morning. With rain chances all the day. Not much scheduled on our Saturday. Older one works later today, into the late night, I have a return I want to do, and that’s it. And oops, I left a bag of chocolate pieces I had bought yesterday, in the car, and almost forgot it. Quickly put it in the refrigerator. Still tastes good, though oddly shaped smooshed pieces now.

Oh no, Metro, rainy park time is not as fun. But agree rain can make it a lazy weekend. And since we too get a rainy weekend, I am planning to be lazy this weekend.

Hey Vicki......good to see you! Hope you`re getting excited for your trip soon.....hope you`re all doing well.

Lunch was so nice......mac ate most of the bacon........:rotfl:

Just been down to the fruit trees......they are filling up nicely. Lots of plums again this year, but some have been ruined by the birds, wish we could educate them to pick one and stick to it, instead of attacking them all......pears are in abundance too this year.

Stood on a ladder to get the top of one of the apple trees.

fruit3%20%282%29-M.jpg

fruit2%20%282%29-S.jpg

Such a gorgeous day here today......although I think after today summer may be over.

The storm from this morning moved on out and now we have sunny and sauna-like weather. More storms coming this PM.

:wave2:quick early weekend check in!

It was a beautiful evening, we went to go visit friends that were out camping. Had some burgers, beverages and a smore with a fire roasted marshmallow.

We were going to go fishing, but she's brother was coming I to town late last night. Haven't heard from him yet. So fishing might still be in the plans for today.
think we may sleep late tomorrow as I enjoyed a couple of cocktails we shared a lovely bottle of red wine, and now on our 2nd bottle of red wine at home……
That was a great picture of you too. Have a great day today
Did some errands and a Target run, and it was lots of traffic and very hot feeling out. The day that has flash flood warnings, also has excessive heat warnings. Oh so muggy out, so it’s no wonder rain clouds form. At least today, la
[/QUOTE
I miss target. I hope your super humid weather subsides soon

Morning all! Terrible day here in Orlando...lots of rain, thunder and some lightening. I wouldn't want to be headed to the parks today. Supposed to be raining most of the weekend which is great for sleeping. :umbrella:
Enjoy the cooler sleeping. Hopefully the clearer skies stay for the daytime for those who are in the parks! Enjoy your day today
Well...I see the coffee is ready. Going to enjoy some coffee with Bailey's and see what this Saturday holds
Have a great day everyone

Upset stomach i thot from Ham BBQ appeared to be a bug that Jr wound up with too. Didn’t keep me from keeping that 3rd vaccine appointment. The mr was amused to finally get a ‘cute’ bandaid with a heart on it lol. It truly is the simple things in life.

right now, arm sore & getting achey. Would be nice to not get the same side effects we had with prior two. :wizard:

Tonight the words night light made me think of Lite-Brite (Now I have the old commercial jingle stuck in my head.)
don’t remember the song, vividly do the pain of stepping on them. Still have one out in the game cupboard, hasn’t seen the light of day in years.
Must have missed Armageddon???? Murder House and Asylum for me were the best ones so far. I do like Sarah Paulson but not sure if she`s still in them now.
not sure if autocorrect or foggy brain…Apocalypse. I did watch another 20 minutes of first ‘double feature’. going to give it another shot :)
Trying to organise our book group`s next meet.....this should be easy, but there`s always one or two. A new lady wants to join, but last time we took someone new it didn`t work out and she didn`t stay so we`re all hesitant to take her on.
how do u fire a person from book club, would be awkward I’m sure
My Mr Mac had build up of uriric ( sp) before and had an issue with a second kidney stone years later

very painful for him
He acted like he was passing a baby.
i gotta agree with him sounds awful
I think I have had 3 kidney stones in the past 5 years
yikes. A repeat offender. Do they still offer that sitting in vat of water thing/ultrasound? (medical name escapes me) to break them up?
I an now required to go for jury duty. Of course it's the day we would be flying home. I'm just not going to get any sort of getaway this fall anymore.
oh boy, what are the odds? Sorry
Well can’t top how you celebrate birthdays!
You put a lot of time and effort into it and I’m sure your husband enjoys it

we just exchange a card and that’s about the extent of it

lol
We are low key peeps on celebrations but it was how I was raised once I started school
my parents would do the cake for immediate family, favorite home-cooked meal and a gift. We were thrilled And looked forward to it, simpler times. yet, one of the reasons I roll differently lol. Life is short, seize the day :banana:
He’s the first person we know to have tested positive recently so that was sad to hear
you are very fortunate there! Better now than if he came by and exposed you to it unknowingly. Most I know here have lost at least one (usually elderly or immuno comprimised) family member. :sad1: Not to mention so many who did recover are still suffering with long haul symptoms, including my one DS.

My bil and his gf went between Christmas and New Years, and they said it was somewhat crowded, but it wasn't bad...but they also said they wouldn't do New Years there. It would be too insane busy with people. This was 2019
i’ve heard it’s off the chain as to crowds then. Was rather shocked how crowded super bowl weekend was until it dawned on me the sports betting & the huge watch parties they have.
I always called my kids pumpkin
:thumbsup2I’d give anything to hear my Dad call me pumpkin again.
I do like the Pumpkin Marshmallow Latte shower gel, lotion and candles at ”Bath and Body Works”. Pumpkin scent reminds me of Halloween.
tried pumpkin pie thinking I’d like it a few years ago…….
you must’ve had the ‘wrong’ pumpkin pie lol. One of my most requested desserts, year round. That & a pumpkin roll is all i’ll touch. Do enjoy sweet potatoes prepared both savory & sweet
The storm from this morning moved on out and now we have sunny and sauna-like weather. More storms coming this PM.
my GD there for 3 days to celebrate her BD. Pulled up the weather earlier to confirm IDA won’t impact them. Surprised to not even see the normal afternoon showers I’ve come to expect in the summer there. Personally, much prefer those evening ones, well, except for HHN

Second cup of coffee and bailey's. Dh went over to his sister's house to visit with his siblings. I should probably get myself presentable soon...but I'm just enjoying my lazy morning.

No bacon here this morning. but I did have a toasted tomato sammie with fresh garden tomatoes we bought at the Farmer's Market. Sooooooo yummy!!!!!!

I've only been away since around Thursday afternoon, as pages of chatter has been added, lol! Sounds as if most everyone is enjoying their weekend. :car: :thumbsup2

Anyone who is in the path of Ida, please stay safe!

Just wanted to give Charade healing wishes! I hope you're much more comfortable with the meds, and the doctors can help figure it out.
(I've dealt with kidney stones too, and they are the worst!)

Pumpkin, AWESOME job on DH's surprise!!! Your hard work paid off and he loves it!!!

Yesterday was one of the happiest and most joyful days!!! :cool1: :flower1::love:
These young adults (100 exactly), deserve to be celebrated, especially for everything they've missed and had to endure during the last year and a half.

The girls heading to the ceremony. Power walk in heels!!

Officially recognized as members of the professional dental community! Mom may have shed a few tears of pride...

Assigned work stations. DD and one of the roommates ended up across from each other. Uh oh!! This could be trouble, lol!!

We went out for dinner with the girls families after the many phots and reception at the Dental School. It was a very late night, but I'm sure I slept with a smile on my face!

my GD there for 3 days to celebrate her BD. Pulled up the weather earlier to confirm IDA won’t impact them. Surprised to not even see the normal afternoon showers I’ve come to expect in the summer there. Personally, much prefer those evening ones, well, except for HHN
Yeah...the typical daily showers have been hit or miss this year. It could storm like crazy at the office which is about 10 minutes from Universal and nothing at the house which is near Ocoee. We always have wacky weather down here. As my neighbor likes to say...I you don't like the weather go across the street it will be different. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter