Something About Nothing............ #14

Robbie all I have is an iPhone and do you know how hard it is to enlarge your picture to find the mouse house items?

I’ll find them or I will die trying
Lol

One of the items you picked up for my sister and myself from the Magic Kingdom a few years ago. It’s under the tree and it glows in the dark.

Afternoon check in and nothing to report. I did manage a 2.5 hour nap this morning and a couple of short naps this afternoon. Right now I will take sleep whenever I can get it.

Waiting for donuts store. Only letting a few in at a time. No cooking for me.
I want a donut when I can taste again. I have Voodoo Donuts on my list of things to do at Universal.

yep that’s a nice snake all curled up but the nesting boxes
Yikes! I don't think I would have reacted well to that discovery.

Charade no wonder you don’t feel like eatting! Hope taste & smell return soon. Remember to stay hydrated. Glad to hear family is ok. I can’t imagine what those therapists at work are doing without you! Maybe they’ll realize how much you do and give you a big fat raise!
The therapists are going to have a bit of a challenge. I left them a problem that I had just started working on. I haven't had a raise in several years. Hmm......

Have you watched See? I think it’s on Apple TV. Jason Momoa- need I say more? Lol. It’s been awhile since I watched season 1, think it had some strange parts but Jason M makes up for it lol!
I have not seen See. I don't have an Apple TV subscription.

Off to the movies with oldest daughter, going to see Legend of the 10 rings!
We plan to go see that as soon as I am out of quarantine.

And a cute pic of baby Yoda sending a get well force.
He's always adorable.

I did get my Witchy Poo Tree up
Awesome!

I'm starting to get hungry, but have no idea what to eat. I guess it really doesn't matter right now.

Just a quick fly by today...
Hoping I catch Carole, and her DH Tom, before it's bedtime in the UK!!!

Who wishes you a happy anniversary?? THIS GUY! :love:

Facts...

Hope you both have a very special day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 0

Hi everybody :wave2:

Wow, I have missed alot...had to read 12 pages before I caught up.

Robo...I'm so sorry about your daughter's eye...praying for a good outcome. It's scary because both my daughter and I had the Moderna shot.

Charade...my condolences on the loss of your friend. So sorry you have Covid and hope you feel better soon. I started feeling bad on Thursday with the same symptoms as you. I took a home test and thankfully it was negative. I guess it's just a bad cold as I haven't lost my sense of taste and smell. Glad I had the weekend off as it knocked me for a loop.

I wanted to wish two of my favorite people a happy anniversary. Carole and Tom...hope the next 29 is as wonderful as the last.
happy-anniversary-to-us-TzcaO2-clipart.gif
Hi to mac, keisha, Lynne, monyk, pumpkin, Bobbie, Sue, Metro, buckeev, Paris, RFF, soniam and anyone else I missed.

Have a great labor day tomorrow and good night tonight :goodvibes

Maybe they’ll realize how much you do and give you a big fat raise!
Have you watched See? I think it’s on Apple TV. Jason Momoa- need I say more?
Hmm sounds promising! Gifted Apple TV when I bought new iPad this summer. Only series I watched was ‘home before dark’ trying to get tween GD into mysteries. Held her interest

he’s in a movie just released on Netflix, sweet girl, filmed in my burg. Supposed to be a stinker but scenery likely :love:

let’s hope charade doesn’t return to work & find a mountain of paperwork

Hi Tink!

Schumi & Tom Happy Anniversary :flower1:
I’m sorry to hear about god daughters postponed wedding. My daughter postponed theirs a few months ago from this Oct to October 2022. It was too hard to speculate when things will open up.
A couple of weeks ago we started dress shopping again and she found one so it’s on order. Fingers crossed we aren’t heading for another lock down.

Robo great tree! We used to decorate our courtyard, when the kids were young. But because the only kids that came trick or treating were their friends due to the fact our house is on a dark lane, no street lights and most of the driveways are dark & steep, we stopped doing that when they got older and we no longer got trick or treaters!

Meatloaf in the oven, making zoodles sautéed in olive oil & garlic, and garden salad with feta.

woohoo new ep of Walking Dead tonight! That’s where I’ll be!

Good Sunday Afternoon Sans family :wave2:

View attachment 602381

Happy Anniversary to Schumi and hubby.

View attachment 602387X

I have read recently someone on the neighborhood site posted that they saw a coyote around here. Who knows.

Thank you Feeling a lot better, but still have a lingering cough. I had that when I last had bronchitis. Hope it resolves soon.

LOL......Good thing your cat can’t get out or it would be bringing you presents too.

So sorry to hear that. Granddaughter lost her sense of taste and when she had Covid.

Sending prayers for you and get well wishes that it does not last long.

View attachment 602380

So sorry to hear your goddaughter had to put her wedding on hold. This Covid has really played havoc with folks wedding plans.

That’s a big snake.

Happy to hear you had a nice brunch and visit with your friends for your anniversary.

View attachment 602383

View attachment 602384

View attachment 602385

There are a couple things from the Mouse House on and around the tree. Can you spot them? I need to add some things from Universal on the Tree.

We got a good rain storm yesterday. Cooled things to the lower 70’s, but humidity is still high.

I need to get out for a walk. I will use this sign. As my motivator.......LOL
View attachment 602379

Need to get scootin before I talk myself out of it. Which would not be hard to do today.......LOL.....I suddenly feel the need for a good nap.

Thank you Robbie.....it has been a lovely anniversary........last night was both of us on a sofa watching a movie.....doesn`t get much better than that!

Love the trees as always, they are beautiful and you decorate them so well.......I wish we celebrated Halloween over here the same way Americans do.

Afternoon check in and nothing to report. I did manage a 2.5 hour nap this morning and a couple of short naps this afternoon. Right now I will take sleep whenever I can get it.

I want a donut when I can taste again. I have Voodoo Donuts on my list of things to do at Universal.

Yikes! I don't think I would have reacted well to that discovery.

The therapists are going to have a bit of a challenge. I left them a problem that I had just started working on. I haven't had a raise in several years. Hmm......

I have not seen See. I don't have an Apple TV subscription.

We plan to go see that as soon as I am out of quarantine.

He's always adorable.

Awesome!

I'm starting to get hungry, but have no idea what to eat. I guess it really doesn't matter right now.

Voodoo donuts are lovely! Haven`t had a bad one yet.

Glad you got some sleep, yes doesn`t matter when as long as you do sleep. You`ll get back into a regular pattern soon enough.

I lost taste and smell for around 10/14 days, so I hope yours come back a little faster.

Just a quick fly by today...
Hoping I catch Carole, and her DH Tom, before it's bedtime in the UK!!!

View attachment 602433View attachment 602434

Who wishes you a happy anniversary?? THIS GUY! :love:
View attachment 602435View attachment 602436

Facts...

View attachment 602438

View attachment 602439View attachment 602440

Hope you both have a very special day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE them Lori.......especially Freddie of course!!!

They are so cute....and the one with all the facts is scary!!! 348 months sounds no time at all......lol......

Thank you Lori....they are wonderful! And hope you are having a wonderful weekend......

Robo...I'm so sorry about your daughter's eye...praying for a good outcome. It's scary because both my daughter and I had the Moderna shot.

Charade...my condolences on the loss of your friend. So sorry you have Covid and hope you feel better soon. I started feeling bad on Thursday with the same symptoms as you. I took a home test and thankfully it was negative. I guess it's just a bad cold as I haven't lost my sense of taste and smell. Glad I had the weekend off as it knocked me for a loop.

I wanted to wish two of my favorite people a happy anniversary. Carole and Tom...hope the next 29 is as wonderful as the last.
View attachment 602462
Hi to mac, keisha, Lynne, monyk, pumpkin, Bobbie, Sue, Metro, buckeev, Paris, RFF, soniam and anyone else I missed.

Oh thank you Vicki.......I appreciate that and always good to see you!!

Hope you feel much better soon......and bad as it may be, I`m glad it`s just a regular cold you ahve and not Covid. Although colds can be just as miserable, but hope you feel much better soon....and you have your trip coming soon, I`ll bet you cannot wait for this one!! I hope it`s a blast, you deserve a wonderful vacation......

Hmm sounds promising! Gifted Apple TV when I bought new iPad this summer. Only series I watched was ‘home before dark’ trying to get tween GD into mysteries. Held her interest

he’s in a movie just released on Netflix, sweet girl, filmed in my burg. Supposed to be a stinker but scenery likely :love:

We could never find anything on it we wanted to watch, although might look for that show.

The Conjuring The Devil made me do it is released on DVD today here, so will pop out later and buy it. Watched Insidious 3 last night........although it was a prequel and nothing to do with 1 or 2, it was good for "jump scares" I think me getting frights was worse for Tom lol.......not sure if we`ve seen the 4th but will give it a whirl too.

Hope yesterday was a lovely day........

Hi Tink!

I’m sorry to hear about god daughters postponed wedding. My daughter postponed theirs a few months ago from this Oct to October 2022. It was too hard to speculate when things will open up.
A couple of weeks ago we started dress shopping again and she found one so it’s on order. Fingers crossed we aren’t heading for another lock down.

Thanks Sue......we didn`t do an awful lot, but what we did was lovely.

Yes, these things happen, not a lot to be done about it really. Glad your daughter has the dress she wants, and yes no more lockdowns would be nice. Although folks over here seem to be militant about no plans to adhere to another one....most just want to begin to actually live with this virus instead of shying away from contact. Have to agree with that sentiment.

Well looks to be a lovely sunny morning....I think we may well be having a mini heatwave that they promised us.......for us in the UK this time of year certainly, not what Georgia would consider a heatwave.......lol......

Hoing my cousins have a wonderful pool party in LI today........it`s a big one with lots of guests so hope they have the weather for it too.

Plan to head out walking early as it will get warm and think the rest of the week will be the same, so I believe we`ll be cooking on the grill most nights if we can. Tonight I have some flavoured chicken, one is Jamaican jerk the other is a fruity sweet coconut concoction of caribbean flavours but not as spicy as jerk......couple of steaks and we`re good to go with several sides. No idea for lunch but breakfast today is good old rice krispies.......took a notion for them today.

Still doing the phone calls to people, not as many though, but there are still some who want them, and always passes an hour or two each time.

But, hope you all have a very happy Labour Day........

i-4nHFf4L-S.gif

i-SWdrNP8-S.jpg

cv100-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Monday :flower:

Yay! A Monday and a holiday one too. And what do I do? Yeah. Still up early. Oh well.

Tink, hope you are feeling better soon. Mummy dust well wishes that cold symptoms end quick.

Robo, enjoyed seeing the next tree decorated. So colorfully done, and some fun finds to see in it too.

Schumi, hope you have been enjoying the sunny weather this morning. We are having another cloudy and good chance of rain this early morning.

But by lunchtime the clouds will blow away, and a glorious sunshine will make this more like late Summer temps, with mid 80’s the high. As older one said, done with the dreary 70’s and rainy day we had yesterday.

But yesterday was still nice, as fun and good times with family and a food coma, with left over food in our refrigerator. Thought my niece was so good with youngest. Got to hold my not quite two weeks old great niece. She is so cute, I think her blue eyes will stay blue, and just a bit of hair, and wearing a headband. Sweet little girl. And she was the happiest when ever anyone held her. And while the pool was not as warm as it could be, was so fun to see the 7 year old niece, 6 year old great nephew and 4 year old great niece enjoy pool time.

Ah yes as a holiday for us, that routine of weekend ending day, is today. And older one works some today. So while we get the trash out, not sure what else we are doing. I was tired, as did not sleep as well as I could the night before. So was in bed well before the kids. Hence, not sure what little one wants to do, while older one works this afternoon.

So, with my early start on the Labor Day Monday, tea for me, and a wish all have a Marvelous Monday.

Good morning all! I recently freed my old pictures from Photobucket and will start posting some.

This picture was from an unofficial DIS meet with several posters. The only two people I remember in the picture are Janet and Barb or Brab as she sometimes called herself. I remember the couple across from Barb were from Nashville but have no idea who the people beside me are. I don't remember the year but it had to have been 2005 or 2006 and I don't remember if this was Finnegan's or Margaritaville.

Last edited:
Nope, race is tomorrow, qualifying is today........

Yes, we have an amazing son, I get prouder of him every day that passes.

lol...love your DD passing by to do laundry.....we never stop being mums 💞 thankfully.........but how sad for your DH`s grandma.....I hope she has a peaceful time whatever is remaining for her. DH dad will be struggling for sure, at least you are close by Lori for support, that`ll mean a lot.

Dinner sounds lovely!!! All that seafood is bliss to me, I don`t know what walleye tastes like, never tried it or even heard of it till you mentioned it previously.......we mentioned you twice today actually....my friend popped round...will tell you about that in a minute.....but she mentioned octopus is on the menu for our brunch tomorrow....Tom laughed and said he never saw anyone enjoy octopus like you and I.....we did enjoy it!

Second comment was from me......Felicity spotted we had oranges when she came round earlier, the only time we buy oranges is for sangria......we planned sangria for tonight....sooooooooo.....we had to make it up while she was here. She thinks it funny we use very nice brandy instead of run of the mill stuff, but appreciates it.......anyway, I said Lori will appreciate this......

How to spend a Saturday afternoon.......😉 sipping sangria with Tom and two of our best friends.......

Good red wine, good brandy, fresh orange juice, fizzy lemonade and cherries, lemon, limes and oranges.......lots of ice.

Thankfully her husband was driving, so she could indulge.......

Hope you have a lovely evening tonight too Lori, sounds idylic.

sangria%20%282%29-S.jpg

sangria1%20%282%29-S.jpg

Enjoyed the qualifying for the GP.....track has changed so much since I was a child, but it`s a good one, very traditional old style which we prefer.

Few hours till we eat, so having a little snack to keep us going.......sun is shining and it`s beautiful, so hopefully this is the start of our mini heatwave........:sunny:
Thank you for your continued words of encouragement....

Hey, my name was said across the pond!! Love that! Oh yes, octopus was very good! And I always buy the high quality liquor too. Gave up the cheap stuff shortly after the college days!! That sangria looks very nice!!

Oh Paris, yes, good to have family around to support when your DH’s grandma starting that very sad passing away. I hope your DH’s family gets some comfort in knowing family support is there. Hugs. Knowing the inevitable it is still never easy to loose an beloved grandma. I’m so sorry. And yay, for a DD visit. Yeah, when little one was at the dorms, any weekend she came home, included with a bag of clothes to wash.

Ah yes, still sunny and ten degrees higher. I guess little one will be home soon and have iced coffee with her, I’m a betting.

Ah, got ya. Schumi, just qualifying laps. My dad was a stock car fan, and liked Indy car races. I’m just not a car race fan, even as a kid. But glad you enjoy watching.

Quiet Saturday, nice. I do have to do an errand to still do, and little one and I were hungry, so from our breakfast, only left one strip of bacon this morning. Made her french toast, and I made some pancakes, which were left for older one too. Ooh I think he has awaken. At least some food ready for him.

Woot!! The weekend is here. And ooh, first two nights of HHN are sold out. But I am glad to see, as good for Universal.
Thank you again for thinking of me and my family!

Good Saturday morning Sans family :wave2:

View attachment 602108

View attachment 602107

Charade I’am So sorry to hear you are sick with Covid. Sending prayers your way that you get well soon. Sorry to hear of your friends passing also. It does seem that things sometimes heap up on you all at once.

One silver lining is that you should have powerful antibodies on board to protect you for your trip.

View attachment 602106

Anyone else that is ailing sending prayers and get well wishes your way too.

I have watched a few Vloggers like Tim Tracker, Ordinary Adventures, Sir James and Pagging Mr. Marrow and PCDEV. They each have their own unique way of sharing information about the parks.

I learned a lot about Galaxy’s Edge from Ordinary Adventures and Sir James. They are big Star Wars fans. It helped me come up with some ideas for gifts for the Disney fans in the family.

I never new about the Vloggers on Youtube until my younger sister told me about them a few months ago.

I do not subscribe to their channels as I only have a look every once in awhile.

I didn’t realize people made a living off of vlogging.

I learn something new everyday.

Schumi a weekend of celebrations is in order for sure. Is wedding anniversary today or tomorrow ? We will celebrate it today and tomorrow. May you have many more happy years together.

View attachment 602114

J’ Paris sending lots of prayers and hugs as you all say goodbye to your hubby’s sweet grandmother.

Lynne have a nice time with your family celebrating all the birthdays. Hope the weather holds out for your pool day and celebrations.

Realfoodfans hope you and Kev find a nice spot for your caravan when you get it. My younger sister and her husband have one and they have it parked in a beautiful area near a lake. They enjoy going there a lot.

Metro did you get your HHN AP shirt and if so is it light weight cotton. A lot of the shirts have the heavy cotton blend and are pretty hot to wear in the heat. How’s the water situation in your area of Orlando? I know they were asking people to conserve water do to liquid oxygen shortage issues.

Pumpkin I remember you had had all the cups for your hubby to open slowly for his big birthday reveal is he still opening things?

Here is a picture of the next door neighbors cat Autumn. This is the one who likes to leave me presents (dead mice) by my front door in the Fall to show me what a good little hunter she is.
View attachment 602109

The little stinker is setting under the bird feeder. There were a couple little Turtle Doves there earlier. She belongs to my little menagerie of animal friends too. I gave her a saucer of milk once and she has been my pal every since. ......LOL

9 days till
View attachment 602118

Hey to Mac, Keisha, Tink, soniam and All of the other family I have missed.
Thank you again for your kind words to our family!

Your pictures always make me smile!

9 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So awesome!!

Lori very hard on the family but good you are all close enough to visit. It really helps to know others care. Sounds like you have a lovely evening ahead.

We are planning a bit of both with the caravan. Shorter trips early and late and hopefully site it on the coast for summer school break. I had one many years ago and had it on the island of Anglesey in the summer and amazed to find out that site is still there run by the same family so we will go and view that in the autumn. Our favourite location is Devon but certainly next year wouldn’t want Em rushing up and down the country for L and J going back to their father but will definitely head there at some point. We are lucky to live near a lot of lovely areas.

Thank you Robo. It will be nice when it arrives as we do love walking and visiting places in the National Trust etc which often have caravan sites nearby. Also give Em and the children some time without Nanna and Grandpa around!

Lovely to see the Sangria Schumi. Disappointing I can no longer drink alcohol although sometimes risk an odd glass of sparkling wine or Prosecco. Asked Kev if he wanted a drink this evening but not the same to drink alone.

Hope Charade is resting and doing ok.

Keto fish pie was absolutely lovely. I bagged a bargain buy of small cod pieces at the fishmonger so just added some salmon and prawns.
Thank you for caring too!!

' Charade I’m so sorry for your loss. It makes it even worse when it could have been prevented.
I hope your symptoms clear up soon, rest is always helpful. Enjoy those mindless shows!
How’s the rest of the family?

Schumi, your bacon looks like our Canadian bacon. But we have both varieties and yes, can’t overcook that variety! We had the strip kind this morning, thick sliced. Your bacon sandwich sounds yummy but a hard no for sunnyside up!
The sangria is luscious! Yum.

Lynne I don’t understand why people don’t like black cats either. I’ve had 2 and both were lovely. Daughter has one now and she’s adorable. Such a sweetie. I’ve also had a black & white kitty. But no more kitties for me because my 2 dogs don’t like cats ugh. I think small dogs are the worst when it comes to co existing with cats!

Real- yes sadly I think I’ll be lucky to get the vehicle by 6mos. Doesn’t help that the RAV4 hybrid is the highest demand. Fortunately there’s nothing wrong with current car and we are a 2 car family So I’m not without transportation. My friends son’s car just died and she asked if I wanted to sell it to her son. Wish I could but who knows when new SUV will arrive. Too long to be without My own ride!

Paris- the seafood dinner sounds good! But I’ve never had Wall-eye. My brother in law came back from a fishing trip and brought over some halibut and ling cod, yummy.
So sorry to hear about DH’s grandma. I still miss mine almost every day, and she’s been gone 30 yrs.
My dd doesn’t bring the laundry home anymore, she has a laundry in her suite, but she still rummages in the fridge and cupboards and does a little shopping if she see’s stuff she wants lol.

Mac hope things are well your way. And you weren’t woken up early!

Robo cute kitty but what an opportunist lol! Hanging out under the bird feeder! No outdoor kitties in my neck of the woods. If there are, they don’t last long. Too many coyotes here.

Dreary day here. Rain will arrive sometime today so no bbqing tonight. The usual suspects coming for dinner. Brother in law and an old family friend the boys have known since school days. He recently was seperate from wife a few months ago. Now he’s joined our Saturday night dinner.
Grandmas are special and cherished always, thank you!

Had sea scallops with browned butter and roasted, buttered dill carrots last night. I cheated a little, since carrots are a little carby. I cooked the scallops but bought the carrots from the grocery store. Hubby made steaks for himself and son. I don't really like steak. I am too German and prefer my meat to be ground up
Your dinner sounds absolutely amazing!!

Just checking in. I am bored out of my mind. I won't have much to post about for the next several days. Today I have watched 3 Disney movies from the 60's and 70's and taken a short nap.

Thanks Mac.

Sounds wonderful. I ventured outside for about a minute today to get an Amazon package off the porch.

Thanks Lynne. I am trying to nap, but have not had much success. Any other time I would easily be able to take a 2 hour afternoon nap.

I am very sorry to hear this, Prayers for you husband and family.

Thanks Paris.

Thanks Robo.

I certainly hope so. I would hate to get sick again and have to cancel this trip after all this planning and anticipation.

Mine likes to sit in front of the window and watch the birds. Unfortunately sometimes he tries to attack the birds. That's why we had to get new blinds a few months ago.

So far, so good.

Thanks Sue. The rest of the family is good. B is in her dorm and dh has moved into a hotel room while I am isolating.

Speaking as a person who deals with insurance on a daily basis - thank you for being proactive. Too many people don't bother informing their providers when their insurance changes, and that makes extra work for us.

Thanks Buckeev.

Almost dinner time, but I am really not hungry. I don't seem to have much of an appetite lately. Maybe I will lose a few more pounds.
Thank you for the prayers Charade!

Ridiculous that instead of a civil ‘get well soon’, in some quarters it’s considered ok to berate a person over being sick. Not cool or kind IMO.
Agree 100%....civility is lost on too many...

@soniam my son is Alexander too. Still one of my favourite names it is running through our family as a second name - I like to think because he’s such a lovely man. Always funny stories from DIL of all friends saying how lucky she is with her husband. She says even the dog and new baby (Xander) prefer his company!

Charade do you have Netflix? Watched an excellent mini series last night called “Mrs Wilson”. Based on a true story and as often the case truth is stranger than fiction.

Hello Buckeev hope you are all doing well.

Beautiful morning here. I took Louie out on my own yesterday but hoping Kev will join me today before he returns to the garden!

I’ll join the gang and say it will be bacon here for brunch. As Schumi says our butcher/farm shop bacon is totally different to most of our supermarket bacon. However on Keto I eat the “streaky” end of the rasher for more fats and do like it well cooked.

How is everyone’s weather doing now?
Nephew is Alexander, great name!

I certainly did LG.....that and the cough were nasty together......

lol.....it was the strangest thing. With a general cold you still usually have some sense of smell, but zilch. I was spraying perfume like crazy but couldn`t smell a thing.....still managed to eat though.......

I`ve never had an egg mcmuffin. But, haven`t been in a McDonalds for over 20 years, maybe longer.

Yes, always smoked bacon here for us, locally produced or from select places we can order from. Not sure what grocery store stuff is like in America, but here, it`s filled with water and some nasty stuff exudes from it when cooked......not appetising at all. I did try Canadian bacon once, wasn`t really a fan, but would try it again.

Yep, ongoing celebrations......the "Keisha" factor in play there.......lol......

I had heard a few aspersions against the Trackers, but generally don`t pay vloggers any attention.

Have a nice day today........

Gutted to hear my Goddughters wedding is cancelled next weekend, not as gutted as them. 4 of the wedding party are positive for Covid and the Groom is showing symptoms, then we heard the hotel they were planning to get married in have had a "small" outbreak.

She is very much her mothers daughter and is taking it all in her stride and already reorganising for next year. Her fiancee works abroad so looks like it might be April or May next year. We were only going up for the wedding and leaving next day as we couldn`t get the hotel any longer. But, now it`s cancelled anyway. Just spoke to her and she`s very pragmatic about the whole thing in her usual way.

Slept late this morning and had some toast to keep us going till we arrive at friends house for the brunch. I will be starving by the time we get there, Tom`s the opposite as he can go all day without food.

Lovely sunny day, so already have all the bedding out on the line and it`ll be dry by time we get home today.

i-bZtdhLr-S.gif

cv98-S.jpg

cv85-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Sunday :flower3:
Very sorry to hear about your goddaughters wedding being postponed.....
Sounds like an A+ young lady to be taking it so well!! May it be bigger and better next year!!

Good morning. I'm up early again because I am still not sleeping well. Today will probably be another day spent on the sofa in front of the TV.

I don't have Netflix anymore, just Amazon and DIsney+. I do need to find something new to watch.

That's exactly how it is with me. I can't smell anything. I keep going to the kitchen to decide what to eat, but what does it matter when you can't taste it.?

That's awful. Hoping for quick recoveries for all involved. Glad to hear that she isn't letting it get her too down.

I'm going to try to get some more sleep.
Take as many naps as your body needs Charade!!
It would be quite strange to not be able to smell or taste...

Happy Anniversary Schumi. Hope you enjoy that champagne, as so perfect a celebration of love to have it. And oh no, to hear of the virus news causing a wedding cancellation. But with the times, it does make sense to delay, once again, and hope the groom feels well soon.

Julie, we have a cloudy day, but a little warmer start, as with a cloudy overnight, the heat from the sunny day yesterday, doesn’t leave like it does with a clear sky. But rain chances are to hold off until the wee hours of tomorrow. So nice enough day, in low 70’s, and all are looking forward to enjoying some family time. I hope your walk with Louie included Kev joining you. And bacon? Yum.

Oh Charade, I hope you get more sleep, and find something interesting to watch. Sending more mummy dust well wishes you get well very soon.

And so, a Super serenely happy Sunday.

Our Sunday will be a but different routine than our usual Sunday. With the holiday Monday, our Sunday routines will happen tomorrow. Yep, that get the trash out, and ready for week day routine a day later. So, relaxing, enjoying extended family time, and food coma will be today. Yep, a most excellent agenda this Sunday. Woot!

Good Morning homies.

🌥 :wave2: from this cloudy starting morning having homie.
Yes, trash pick up always set back a day for the entire week when a holiday interrupts the routine.

Morning all. Just sitting here listening to 1970s radio songs which brings back great memories.

I hope everyone has a great day and Charade I will probably do the same thing today...hanging out on the couch watching television.
Any Favorites?

:wave2: :car:

Have a great day everyone. Stay safe
Hi Pumpkin!!

:wave2:
Got stuff to do and need to stop the procrastination.
Lots of get well wishes to give out! Hope those ailing do feel better soon.
and a happy anniversary and probably some birthdays too-hope those special days were fabulous!
Got to get the fall coop cleaning done today- gorgeous day, no humidity and sunny. Get it fixed up for winter. Especially as I came home to close chickens up one night and found thisView attachment 602308yep that’s a nice snake all curled up but the nesting boxes. Wouldn’t even had known he was there but had to pull the broody hen out of box. She refused to sit on bar so she sat inside with me until hubs got rid of snake! Dog RAN when I screamed. I thought it was a feather in the dark (before I turned my light in) and tried to brush it out and the thing moved. Then a couple days ago a small young fox was in backyard. Chickens screeching up a storm from high perches on all sides. The thing was crouched in middle of yard terrified. My birds aren’t easy meals! Dog chased him round and round the yard.Think dog wanted to play as fox turned at one point and hissed/growled-dog wagged his tail and tried to get him to play. Some watchdog. Not sure how the thing even got into yard as fenced all around.
3 day (or more) weekend for us in States-

Be well and looking forward to seeing many in a couple weeks!
Yikes and no way!!!!! I'd be screaming too!

Thank you for the anniversary wishes......appreciate them.....Todd and Janet.....LOVE the memes....... :flower3:

Charade.......hope you`re doing better today and keep improving, it`s so hard when you cannot sleep. I always think you can deal with most things if you are sleeping well..... yes, I hope they are all doing ok from the wedding party. Got a txt from goddaughter while we were out, seems they are all having relatively mild symptoms, but all feeling miserable of course.

And yes, it`s miserable eating when nothing tastes good.

Lynne, yes, it absolutely makes sense to change the dates, well, they don`t really have a choice, but she is more upbeat about it than I thought she would be.

mac....I might drag the wedding DVD out sometime this week......😁

Janet....hope the weather improves and your get together is fabulous, I`m sure it will be and enjoy that food! Do love that meme!

Had a wonderful day with a group of friends today. Brunch was amazing and we definitely ate our body weight in food! Our friend who hosted it for us made a cake and I was glad to see it wasn`t chocolate.....it was delicious. And they got us some lovely gifts. Not major gifts as none of us really do anniversary presents unless it`s a special one, but nice all the same.

Day lasted longer than planned as our get togethers usually do, but so much fun, everyone had such a good time and nice to have groups back together again.

It was nice enough to sit outside for most of the day, but some of us did go in to watch the Grand Prix, which was fun too.

Going to watch Inisdious 2 tonight. Doubt we`ll have any alcohol as we enjoyed some bubbly all day.

Hope your Sunday is a good one and thank you again for the wishes........
Sounds like a perfect anniversary celebration with some very nice friends!!!!!

Charade no wonder you don’t feel like eatting! Hope taste & smell return soon. Remember to stay hydrated. Glad to hear family is ok. I can’t imagine what those therapists at work are doing without you! Maybe they’ll realize how much you do and give you a big fat raise!
Have you watched See? I think it’s on Apple TV. Jason Momoa- need I say more? Lol. It’s been awhile since I watched season 1, think it had some strange parts but Jason M makes up for it lol!

Buckeev :wave2:

Soniam I adore sea scallops yum! I’d have those over a steak any day.

Schumi our Canadian bacon has a light cornmeal coating usually. Don’t know why. And def not what’s in egg mc muffin! Lol.

Metro- ooooo I used to love those garlic knots at US Italian restaurants. It’s not a thing here.

Monica o_O you’d be able to hear my scream from there!

Well fam dinner last night was interesting. Husband made a shepherds pie cause it’s his brothers fav and our friends too. When he took it out of the oven pot holder slipper and everything went splat over the floor. Brother phoned for Chinese! As the saying goes, **** happens.

Off to the movies with oldest daughter, going to see Legend of the 10 rings!
Oh no! Those accidents always have perfect timing it seems...
Chinese is good too!!!

Good Sunday Afternoon Sans family :wave2:

View attachment 602381

Happy Anniversary to Schumi and hubby.

View attachment 602387X

I have read recently someone on the neighborhood site posted that they saw a coyote around here. Who knows.

Thank you Feeling a lot better, but still have a lingering cough. I had that when I last had bronchitis. Hope it resolves soon.

LOL......Good thing your cat can’t get out or it would be bringing you presents too.

So sorry to hear that. Granddaughter lost her sense of taste and when she had Covid.

Sending prayers for you and get well wishes that it does not last long.

View attachment 602380

So sorry to hear your goddaughter had to put her wedding on hold. This Covid has really played havoc with folks wedding plans.

That’s a big snake.

Happy to hear you had a nice brunch and visit with your friends for your anniversary.

View attachment 602383

View attachment 602384

View attachment 602385

There are a couple things from the Mouse House on and around the tree. Can you spot them? I need to add some things from Universal on the Tree.

We got a good rain storm yesterday. Cooled things to the lower 70’s, but humidity is still high.

I need to get out for a walk. I will use this sign. As my motivator.......LOL
View attachment 602379

Need to get scootin before I talk myself out of it. Which would not be hard to do today.......LOL.....I suddenly feel the need for a good nap.
WOW WOW WOW!!!!
This is fantastic! You are so creative Robo!!

View attachment 602462

Hi Tink!!!! Hope you're good!!

Hi Tink!

Robo great tree! We used to decorate our courtyard, when the kids were young. But because the only kids that came trick or treating were their friends due to the fact our house is on a dark lane, no street lights and most of the driveways are dark & steep, we stopped doing that when they got older and we no longer got trick or treaters!

Meatloaf in the oven, making zoodles sautéed in olive oil & garlic, and garden salad with feta.

woohoo new ep of Walking Dead tonight! That’s where I’ll be!
Sounds like a super meal!!! I'm a feta cheese fan!

Thank you Robbie.....it has been a lovely anniversary........last night was both of us on a sofa watching a movie.....doesn`t get much better than that!

Love the trees as always, they are beautiful and you decorate them so well.......I wish we celebrated Halloween over here the same way Americans do.

Glad you got some sleep, yes doesn`t matter when as long as you do sleep. You`ll get back into a regular pattern soon enough.

I lost taste and smell for around 10/14 days, so I hope yours come back a little faster.

LOVE them Lori.......especially Freddie of course!!!

They are so cute....and the one with all the facts is scary!!! 348 months sounds no time at all......lol......

Thank you Lori....they are wonderful! And hope you are having a wonderful weekend......

Oh thank you Vicki.......I appreciate that and always good to see you!!

Hope you feel much better soon......and bad as it may be, I`m glad it`s just a regular cold you ahve and not Covid. Although colds can be just as miserable, but hope you feel much better soon....and you have your trip coming soon, I`ll bet you cannot wait for this one!! I hope it`s a blast, you deserve a wonderful vacation......

We could never find anything on it we wanted to watch, although might look for that show.

The Conjuring The Devil made me do it is released on DVD today here, so will pop out later and buy it. Watched Insidious 3 last night........although it was a prequel and nothing to do with 1 or 2, it was good for "jump scares" I think me getting frights was worse for Tom lol.......not sure if we`ve seen the 4th but will give it a whirl too.

Hope yesterday was a lovely day........

Thanks Sue......we didn`t do an awful lot, but what we did was lovely.

Yes, these things happen, not a lot to be done about it really. Glad your daughter has the dress she wants, and yes no more lockdowns would be nice. Although folks over here seem to be militant about no plans to adhere to another one....most just want to begin to actually live with this virus instead of shying away from contact. Have to agree with that sentiment.

Well looks to be a lovely sunny morning....I think we may well be having a mini heatwave that they promised us.......for us in the UK this time of year certainly, not what Georgia would consider a heatwave.......lol......

Hoing my cousins have a wonderful pool party in LI today........it`s a big one with lots of guests so hope they have the weather for it too.

Plan to head out walking early as it will get warm and think the rest of the week will be the same, so I believe we`ll be cooking on the grill most nights if we can. Tonight I have some flavoured chicken, one is Jamaican jerk the other is a fruity sweet coconut concoction of caribbean flavours but not as spicy as jerk......couple of steaks and we`re good to go with several sides. No idea for lunch but breakfast today is good old rice krispies.......took a notion for them today.

Still doing the phone calls to people, not as many though, but there are still some who want them, and always passes an hour or two each time.

But, hope you all have a very happy Labour Day........

i-4nHFf4L-S.gif

i-SWdrNP8-S.jpg

cv100-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Monday :flower:
It's always a morale boost to have a week of nice weather ahead! And you have some lovely food to be grilled, YUM!!

I read rice krispies too quickly....I thought you were having rice krispie treats (the dessert bar) for breakfast!! LOL! That could happen...sounds kinda good actually!!

Yay! A Monday and a holiday one too. And what do I do? Yeah. Still up early. Oh well.

Tink, hope you are feeling better soon. Mummy dust well wishes that cold symptoms end quick.

Robo, enjoyed seeing the next tree decorated. So colorfully done, and some fun finds to see in it too.

Schumi, hope you have been enjoying the sunny weather this morning. We are having another cloudy and good chance of rain this early morning.

But by lunchtime the clouds will blow away, and a glorious sunshine will make this more like late Summer temps, with mid 80’s the high. As older one said, done with the dreary 70’s and rainy day we had yesterday.

But yesterday was still nice, as fun and good times with family and a food coma, with left over food in our refrigerator. Thought my niece was so good with youngest. Got to hold my not quite two weeks old great niece. She is so cute, I think her blue eyes will stay blue, and just a bit of hair, and wearing a headband. Sweet little girl. And she was the happiest when ever anyone held her. And while the pool was not as warm as it could be, was so fun to see the 7 year old niece, 6 year old great nephew and 4 year old great niece enjoy pool time.

Ah yes as a holiday for us, that routine of weekend ending day, is today. And older one works some today. So while we get the trash out, not sure what else we are doing. I was tired, as did not sleep as well as I could the night before. So was in bed well before the kids. Hence, not sure what little one wants to do, while older one works this afternoon.

So, with my early start on the Labor Day Monday, tea for me, and a wish all have a Marvelous Monday.
A great day celebrating with family, how wonderful!! Your newest great niece is surely a keeper!!!

Happy Labor Day!!
DH did not take the day off....weather was too windy for boating, so I guess he's gonna pick a different day when the weather is cooperative...

DD came home yesterday afternoon and spent the night! We had grilled kebabs for supper, and she can take the leftovers back with her today. It was nice having a meal with the 3 of us together!
She's enjoying sleeping in this morning, since she's off for the holiday.

The pets had their breakfast and morning run around the yard....and now they are all snoozing contentedly. Funny how they wake me up each morning to eat and go directly back to sleep!!!!

Sounds like a nice Labor Day for ya Paris. Hope the weather improves and yeah, older one is working today, but at least not the whole day. Glad to hear had DD time, and always good for a sleep late, as my little one is on sleep mode too, with her not having classes today either. Safe travels to get back for your DD, and ooh, I think I hear mine. Enjoy your almost full sleeping house on this Monday.

Good morning. I'm feeling a bit better today. I got a little more sleep last night.

Thanks Tink. I am very glad you have a cold and not Covid. The loss of taste and smell is really annoying.

Probably not paperwork, but I may have a lot of phone messages. i have repeatedly asked my boss to delete messages once she has taken care of them, but she won't do it. When I get back I will have to wade through the messages and see which ones need to be addressed.

Thank you. I would hate to have this linger too long.

Take as many naps as your body needs Charade!!
It would be quite strange to not be able to smell or taste...
It is very strange.

I need to find something to do other than watch TV. Maybe I should find a book.

9CD14F15-1421-4435-8C9B-40FA0BEAD289.jpeg
I’m still in a food coma. No idea if I’m going to cook or just point to leftovers in fridge today when that inevitable question pops up
Robbie does do up the trees with such care. did we have the WDW item reveal? Hocus pocus book is very cool.
I wish we celebrated Halloween over here the same way Americans do.
you need to start a movement there :)
IDK, that grape jelly in the voodoo dude is a big miss for me. :crazy2:Why not strawberry, if anything?

Lol to the cat meme
The Conjuring The Devil made me do it is released on DVD today here
still kicking myself for not watching it the month it was included on HBO Max.
Good morning all! I recently freed my old pictures from Photobucket and will start posting some.

This picture was from an unofficial DIS meet with several posters. The only two people I remember in the picture are Janet and Barb or Brab as she sometimes called herself. I remember the couple across from Barb were from Nashville but have no idea who the people beside me are. I don't remember the year but it had to have been 2005 or 2006 and I don't remember if this was Finnegan's or Margaritaville.

View attachment 602557
good times

Late Lunch at M. summer? Circa, well, pretty sure it was the year of the BOGO free APs, long before HP came to town :).

Nashville Trio & her DH who posts now & again, the other couple was lovely, can’t recall their names.
DD came home yesterday afternoon and spent the night! We had grilled kebabs for supper, and she can take the leftovers back with her today. It was nice having a meal with the 3 of us together!
She's enjoying sleeping in this morning, since she's off for the holiday.
sounds so nice
Probably not paperwork, but I may have a lot of phone messages. i have repeatedly asked my boss to delete messages once she has taken care of them, but she won't do it. When I get back I will have to wade through the messages and see which ones need to be addressed.
geez, sounds like some sort of phobia there…do you know the name of any good therapists? LOL. In all seriousness, rather strange
Thank you. I would hate to have this linger too long.
I’ve heard that phenom referred to as ”the covid diet”. Figure I’d still keep stuffing my face.

Happy Labour Day! It’s a holiday here too 🇨🇦 3 day weekends are lost on the retired lol, but my daughters are happy to get a 3 day weekend. No plans today. Should get out for a walk. Maybe around the inlet trail, but then being a holiday everyone will be there!

Charade glad to hear you’re starting to feel better.

Paris love the dog meme, that’s sorta how I feel today. Woke up tired! Didn’t get a good sleep and phone rang at 6:30am. People forget or don’t realize I’m on a different time zone. In this case it was WDW and they didn’t realize. But impressed they phoned. I had emailed, disappointed in lack of alternatives for diabetics with dining options. They have a mile long allergy/gluten free menu.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend!

Sue, glad hear you had a longer weekend too. Yeah, not all are in the EDT zone. I wait until noon to say hello to my niece in CA.

Out and about, and crowds are here. But got what little one was looking for, and even Starbucks has a long line in the car ordering line. Yep. Not the only ones not working today. But happy, it’s warm out and blue as blue sky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter