Something About Nothing............ #14

Sweet of your mum to gift you funds to find something nice, Schumi. Glad your weather is good enough to enjoy time in the garden. And yep, I always enjoy my Friday feeling. So happy it’s the end of this week day routine. Particularly means next two will be a different week day routine, so very happy about that.

Keisha, did you hear, limiting to two bottles of liquor in our state stores? Shortages of bubbly, what? Eh, if it was more around the holidays, I can see people wanting to send several others to buy 2 bottles for them, LOL. Safe travels. And dinner sounded great. Yeah, my one brother said his very hot pepper plants are bursting with big enough to pick peppers. I’m sure he will give us a good handful. And yep, milk at the ready. Though most will be eaten by my DH. I swear, he has no taste buds. I do like spicy hot, nose clearing fine, but not so hot I have to get milk. As we had chinese last night, that hot mustard does a good job of that nose clearing. I like to put some of that mustard on my egg roll.

And a nice day for us. 80 degrees the high, with those pesky scattered showers predicted later in the day. But warm enough now, I hear the AC going. I guess. Says it’s 70 out, cloud covering sky, and oh so humid. Air quality is good, so hoping some of that early day humidity will burn off. Weather lady said partly sunny day. I hope that sunny part is when I do my lunchtime walk.

Fabulous Friday feeling homies. Yay! A Friday it is.:dance3:

And yeah, no comment on that turning 50. That was umm, in my past. Shh. :poop:

When do you leave Lynne for your trip, is it the 19th? I`m sure you`ll have the best time...and you have the RIP tour with Patster.......hope you enjoy that too ::yes::

Why did I think you didn`t eat spicy stuff ever?

"Gift you funds" is the funniest way to describe birthday money ever.......never heard anyone use that expression for a present before. But, yes, will buy something rather lovely with it.

Thoroughly enjoyed our walk as well this morning, did 6 miles, home and showered then out to pick up a few bits and pieces........going to do Janet`s Bourbon chicken recipe she gave me tonight, so I needed cider vinegar and soy sauce, had run out of both. Hope it turns out ok.......

This afternoon has been a lazy one, laundry on the line and will dried in no time, and done some baking for the weekend and a church event tomorrow that they asked for baking donations to be handed in, plus make a few things for us while I`m at it.

Another sunny, hot day here......Tom was snoozing on one of the sofa`s by the windows in the kitchen earlier, sun was beating down on him lol.......they`re floor to ceiling bifold doors, so lots of sunshine through them, he was like a cat on that sofa.

3rd batch of baking ready to come out........

It's Friday :banana:

I was sitting in my chair...and I honestly thought it was Friday night last night. I was like....ugh...one more day. Only 6 more hours (give or take) until the weekend. Gosh...it seems like it was a long week. Not sure what's on the agenda for the weekend. One thing I will do is to sort the clothes we decided to sell from our closet. We cleaned out our closet last weekend of all the clothing we no longer fit or was just old and out of style. I have a good lot of clothing to sort into smaller groups to sell. So that will take up a good portion of my weekend. It felt good to get that chore done. Now, I can focus on reorganizing the closet with some sort of closet organizer to maximize how we use it. We actually have a decent size closet...but just need to reconfigure it.

@Charade 67 great t-shirt for your trip. Also, it's great your boss is great for time off. I have to say our branch manager is the same. I'm extremely lucky he is so flexible. It was great when the kids were younger and I was always running them to appointments, sicks days ...and now when we decide last minute to leave early and head to the city to see the kids. I definitely will miss that flexibility if I ever find a different job.

@Sue M enjoy your chicken soup. I LOVE a good bowl of soup - especially chicken! It sounds like a perfect day for soup!!!!!!!

@Lynne G limiting alcohol. wow...there must be shortages somewhere. Have a great weekend. What is your countdown at now?

@schumigirl enjoy the $$$ your mom sent you. Those are the best gifts. I hope your trip into town goes great and you find something special to buy. I'm sure you had your eye on something special.

@soniam I am turning 50 too in the new year. It definitely is a right of passage, and like you, we haven't told many people. Many of dh's work didn't know he was turning 50 until I posted on FB of his birthday surprise. It's just one of those things. I do love it when people tell me that I don't look old enough to be a Grammie lol I love being the young fun grammie who takes her down water slides and will get onto the playground to play with her

@J'aime Paris I too and turning 50 in the new year. With covid and travel restrictions who knows what or when we will actually get to do what we had planned to celebrate our birthdays.

Well...I should probably shuffle some papers. That is why they actually pay me a wage.

Have a great day everyone. Stay safe!!!!

Oh I do like spicy Schumi, just not burn my mouth enough to run for a glass of milk. Yep, Sunday it is. And yes, looking forward to that RIP night, as little one is joining us.

Lunchtime walk was overcast, but still wore my shades. Though did not think rain was in morning forecast, but clearly looked like it had rained.

Painters are here working. Can’t wait to see the finished product.

Had an interesting dermatologist appointment today. I have what I thought was a blood blister on my leg, but it’s not healing. The doctor decided that a biopsy was in order. Hope it isn’t anything too serious.

that’s still early in my book
I originally had an 11:00 flight. If I had known it would be moved up 2 hours I would have paid a little more and flown out of the airport close to home.

Nice tee shirt.......I like that one a lot.
Thank you. If I remember correctly you are a Scooby fan too.

Keisha, did you hear, limiting to two bottles of liquor in our state stores? Shortages of bubbly, what?
An alcohol shortage now? There seems to be a shortage of so many things right now.

Good tee find! I saw that one in Walmart but unfortunately they only had one, and it was an xs. I may go to the larger store and have anoth
I found mine in Kohl’s. Do you have those there?

Now, I can focus on reorganizing the closet with some sort of closet organizer to maximize how we use it. We actually have a decent size closet...but just need to reconfigure it.
I would love to find a good way to organize our closets . Ours are too small.

I need to go find something to do. I am literally watching paint, actually primer, dry.

Pumpkin, your flight changes stink. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do for time away. I just wish they’d not changed the flights I pick, and have the lowest price, as now I have funds to use by June of next year. Good and bad, as even if flight cheap, it’s all the other stuff that costs with it. Though I am thinking May be the next year we get to the parks during that Mardi Gras time. Food and floats look great.

But spooky it is, as it’s also a fun time. Though kids are also saying January. So we will see.

And for those that have those platinum passes for SW parks, the water park near BGT is now open year round. When we had those passes, and used them for our holiday day trip a few years ago, they we closed, even though Aquadica stayed open.

Spent a few hours bringing beginnings of halloween decorations up from basement storage area.

Some unseen creepy crawly (Boris? Is that you) took a chimp on my thumb near the joint. Now, have ice on it as nearly doubled in size. May take a Benadryl sooner vs later but, they make me drowsy and it’s Friday Night Lights

Contemplating staying at daughters house. She’s a lot closer to airport.
I’m sure she’d be thrilled to have you. I insisted my DS spend the night before we leave. That way I can shake the bed in the dawn’s early light lol
We have several tall trees around our property. I hate wind.
Always afraid our power will go out. Never got round to buying a generator
When do you leave Lynne for your trip, is it the 19th? I`m sure you`ll have the best time...and you have the RIP tour with Patster.......hope you enjoy that too ::yes::
Pat & family are such lovely people! Always enjoyed being on tour with them. His Mom was a real fire cracker. Not sure if she’s still along for the trip. Say hey for me
he was like a cat on that sofa.
Exactly what I thot as you started to describe it. You are quite the wordsmith.
Had an interesting dermatologist appointment today. I have what I thought was a blood blister on my leg, but it’s not healing. The doctor decided that a biopsy was in order. Hope it isn’t anything too serious.
Best wishes. No many how many I have processed, always a relief to get that report back no matter what the outcome
An alcohol shortage now? There seems to be a shortage of so many things right now.
Hadnt heard that at our PA state stores. Not a surprise as I’m lucky to visit twice a year. Tend to buy by the case or in bulk if possible there
I need to go find something to do. I am literally watching paint, actually primer, dry.
Lol
And for those that have those platinum passes for SW parks, the water park near BGT is now open year round
Busch Gardens, across the street? Never tried it out. I do detest that congested drive down I4 Have seen one too many serious wrecks. Haven’t made that drive in at least 5 years.

IMO it’s not speed being the main factor, just aggressive/reckless drivers. Have seen it worse than DC beltway traffic

Of course, I drive out of my way to always avoid I4. No issue with either bee-line or greenway from airport Could just be ima ‘a chicken’ lol.

Todd’s our resident expert here on the roads :thumbsup2 …curious to his input

Eh, we never had an issue commuting to BGT from SW area. Though one time coming back, we were not the only ones pulled over under the overpass, as it was raining so hard, your fast wipers were of no help. It’s not a bad drive, but then again, I’m used to driving with those who think they are more important than all the other drivers. They were in rare form on the short drive we went on to get that chicken place meal. Little one was in the mood for it as was the first meal of the day.

Eh, almost time I’m going to do some bill paying and errands. Though I hate ending my day when school’s out.

Tomorrow, will get the luggage out, I guess. At least little one has offered to drop me off. Yay!

Lynne - just saw, I’m safe lol don’t drink any of that fancy stuffs

The PLCB cited “sustained supply chain disruptions and product shortages” as the primary cause of restrictions on some 43 items.

PLCB spokesman Shawn Kelly told the Associated Press that bars, restaurants and other customers were informed of the purchase restrictions and he blamed them on the pandemic.

“If you take a look at stories that have come out from around the country because of covid-19, supply chains have been disrupted, production had been disrupted,” said Kelly. “In some cases there have been shortages of cans and bottles.”

The list of items to be rationed includes specific brands of bourbon, champagne, cognac, tequila and whiskey. Among them: Dom Perignon Champagne, several varieties of Moet & Chandon and Veuve Clicquot Champagne, Hennessy Cognac, Jack Daniel’s Old No. 7 Black Label Tennessee Whiskey and Sazerac Straight Rye Whiskey.

Lynne give Patrick (patster) a big hi from me when you see him.
Think it was maybe close to 3 weeks ago he told me you were the last one to contact him to fill his private hhn tour in September

I’m glad he was able to get 12 in his group!
He was in many of myprivate tours but our dates at the parks over the years, have not matched up

Just now got back on the Dis
Had issues with the 2 step sign in last 4 days
Not a fan of having to do the 2 step set up to sign in every 30 th day

I could read but not post.
But that’s all behind me for the next 26 days

Dinner tonight is shrimp!
Come on over if you are hungry.

If you are shrimp sensitive, I’ll make you a PB&J

Lynne give Patrick (patster) a big hi from me when you see him.
Think it was maybe close to 3 weeks ago he told me you were the last one to contact him to fill his private hhn tour in September

I’m glad he was able to get 12 in his group!
He was in many of myprivate tours but our dates at the parks over the years, have not matched up

I could read but not post.
But that’s all behind me for the next 26 days

Yay....you`re back!!!!

Fantastic.....it`s not the same without you........

Shrimp......even though I`m full with Janet`s bourbon chicken dish......there`s always room for shrimp!!!

Hi everybody :wave2:

It's almost go time...got my hair cut, eyebrows waxed and pedicure done. Instacart order placed and checked into our SW flight.

Still have a few last minute things to pack and a load of laundry to do.

I'm getting more excited by the minute...I know I'm forgetting something...

keisha...oh no, a Jack Daniels shortage :scared1:

Lynne, looks like we're going on the same tour with Pat :cool1:

Carole, save some Bourbon Chicken for me...sounds delicious.

Have a great rest of your day ...I'm off to pack :flower1:

It's Friday :banana:

I was sitting in my chair...and I honestly thought it was Friday night last night. I was like....ugh...one more day. Only 6 more hours (give or take) until the weekend. Gosh...it seems like it was a long week. Not sure what's on the agenda for the weekend. One thing I will do is to sort the clothes we decided to sell from our closet. We cleaned out our closet last weekend of all the clothing we no longer fit or was just old and out of style. I have a good lot of clothing to sort into smaller groups to sell. So that will take up a good portion of my weekend. It felt good to get that chore done. Now, I can focus on reorganizing the closet with some sort of closet organizer to maximize how we use it. We actually have a decent size closet...but just need to reconfigure it.

@Charade 67 great t-shirt for your trip. Also, it's great your boss is great for time off. I have to say our branch manager is the same. I'm extremely lucky he is so flexible. It was great when the kids were younger and I was always running them to appointments, sicks days ...and now when we decide last minute to leave early and head to the city to see the kids. I definitely will miss that flexibility if I ever find a different job.

@Sue M enjoy your chicken soup. I LOVE a good bowl of soup - especially chicken! It sounds like a perfect day for soup!!!!!!!

@Lynne G limiting alcohol. wow...there must be shortages somewhere. Have a great weekend. What is your countdown at now?

@schumigirl enjoy the $$$ your mom sent you. Those are the best gifts. I hope your trip into town goes great and you find something special to buy. I'm sure you had your eye on something special.

@soniam I am turning 50 too in the new year. It definitely is a right of passage, and like you, we haven't told many people. Many of dh's work didn't know he was turning 50 until I posted on FB of his birthday surprise. It's just one of those things. I do love it when people tell me that I don't look old enough to be a Grammie lol I love being the young fun grammie who takes her down water slides and will get onto the playground to play with her

@J'aime Paris I too and turning 50 in the new year. With covid and travel restrictions who knows what or when we will actually get to do what we had planned to celebrate our birthdays.

Well...I should probably shuffle some papers. That is why they actually pay me a wage.

Have a great day everyone. Stay safe!!!!

I love a good clear out of closets and drawers.....makes room for more new stuff....lol....

Didn`t get anything with birthday money mum gave me, but I`m sure I will....

Have a great weekend.......

Painters are here working. Can’t wait to see the finished product.

I originally had an 11:00 flight. If I had known it would be moved up 2 hours I would have paid a little more and flown out of the airport close to home.

Thank you. If I remember correctly you are a Scooby fan too.

I found mine in Kohl’s. Do you have those there?

I would love to find a good way to organize our closets . Ours are too small.

Hope you`re happy with the paintwork when it`s done, it`s lovely to see home improvements.

yep, I love scooby doo.....it is the earliest cartoon I remember watching as a child......

Spent a few hours bringing beginnings of halloween decorations up from basement storage area.

Some unseen creepy crawly (Boris? Is that you) took a chimp on my thumb near the joint. Now, have ice on it as nearly doubled in size. May take a Benadryl sooner vs later but, they make me drowsy and it’s Friday Night Lights

I’m sure she’d be thrilled to have you. I insisted my DS spend the night before we leave. That way I can shake the bed in the dawn’s early light lol

Always afraid our power will go out. Never got round to buying a generator

Pat & family are such lovely people! Always enjoyed being on tour with them. His Mom was a real fire cracker. Not sure if she’s still along for the trip. Say hey for me

Exactly what I thot as you started to describe it. You are quite the wordsmith.

Best wishes. No many how many I have processed, always a relief to get that report back no matter what the outcome

Hadnt heard that at our PA state stores. Not a surprise as I’m lucky to visit twice a year. Tend to buy by the case or in bulk if possible there

Lol

Busch Gardens, across the street? Never tried it out. I do detest that congested drive down I4 Have seen one too many serious wrecks. Haven’t made that drive in at least 5 years.

IMO it’s not speed being the main factor, just aggressive/reckless drivers. Have seen it worse than DC beltway traffic

Of course, I drive out of my way to always avoid I4. No issue with either bee-line or greenway from airport Could just be ima ‘a chicken’ lol.

Todd’s our resident expert here on the roads :thumbsup2 …curious to his input

lol...thank you......he still looks a little sunblushed from the sun today as he slept......lol......

I don`t mind that drive on that road, I agree though it is a complete madhouse at times. In all the roads we`ve driven on in Florida, that is one of the worst areas for crazy drivers.

The list of items to be rationed includes specific brands of bourbon, champagne, cognac, tequila and whiskey. Among them: Dom Perignon Champagne, several varieties of Moet & Chandon and Veuve Clicquot Champagne, Hennessy Cognac, Jack Daniel’s Old No. 7 Black Label Tennessee Whiskey and Sazerac Straight Rye Whiskey.

Did someone mention Champagne........😉

Hi everybody :wave2:

It's almost go time...got my hair cut, eyebrows waxed and pedicure done. Instacart order placed and checked into our SW flight.

Still have a few last minute things to pack and a load of laundry to do.

I'm getting more excited by the minute...I know I'm forgetting something...

keisha...oh no, a Jack Daniels shortage :scared1:

Lynne, looks like we're going on the same tour with Pat :cool1:

Carole, save some Bourbon Chicken for me...sounds delicious.

Have a great rest of your day ...I'm off to pack :flower1:

Vicki.....have a wonderful time......don`t worry about last minute items.....you can get anything you need when you`re there.....and enjoy your tour with Patster......one of these days I`ll get to say a big hello to him.........

oops....bourbon chicken is finished.......we were supposed to leave some for lunch tommorrow....didn`t happen, it was delicious!

Have a blast and safe travels........

Still full from dinner, so no snashters or snacks tonight......having iced water right now......

But, bacon in the morning for sure.......farmer dropped off 2 dozen of his freshest eggs earlier.....so breakfast and baking in the weekend ahead........

2 pics from the beach this morning.....first one, the sun was barely up, it`s very pretty.

z17%20%282%29-X2.jpg

This was 2 hours later.......

z15%20%282%29-X2.jpg

Have a good Friday evening.......

Yep, safe travels Tink. Will be so nice to see ya this time.

Yeah, when I was told we are at 12, I say, the more, the more fun we should have. Patty did send me how much the tour cost was, oh my. But still the best way to do HHN. Though now I’m paying for two. Sigh, but I think she will have fun, and even as me a bit of a wimp, I still have fun. Sorry to miss Mac and Robo this year. But the hotel prices much better in September, so I can see me doing these last two weeks instead of first two weeks of October next year.

Wish I was at the parks this afternoon. They were handing out old buttons and magnets and other swag to APs in the parks and in the AP lounge.

And Schumi, beautiful beach pictures.

Dinner? Not sure. There may be leftover dinner from last night. Maybe not. And older one’s friend works at WaWa. The gobbler is back. Yes! I love their gobbler bowls. Fall is coming soon!

I hope it's nothing serious. I have to get a biopsy-like procedure on Tuesday. It will be the second time my obgyn has gotten flesh from me in about a month.

Lynne - just saw, I’m safe lol don’t drink any of that fancy stuffs

The PLCB cited “sustained supply chain disruptions and product shortages” as the primary cause of restrictions on some 43 items.

PLCB spokesman Shawn Kelly told the Associated Press that bars, restaurants and other customers were informed of the purchase restrictions and he blamed them on the pandemic.

“If you take a look at stories that have come out from around the country because of covid-19, supply chains have been disrupted, production had been disrupted,” said Kelly. “In some cases there have been shortages of cans and bottles.”

Yikes :scared1: Champagne and Cognac shortages!

Good evening everyone. Quiet night here. Dh is watching college football. Last night I fell asleep while he was watching NFL - NY Giants and the Washington football team. This afternoon I took a nap. Woke up around 5:00, turned the TV on and the same game was on. A replay of course, but it looked to be about the same time in the game from when I fell asleep.

I hate 2 step sign ins. We have to use those on some of the websites we use at work. My boss uses her phone for the second step, so if she forgets to leave me her phone I can't get into the site.

I'll take the PB&J. I'm not shrimp sensitive. I just don't like them.

Have a great trip. I'm sorry I will miss you.

Everyone is pulling the luggage out, flight information downloaded, packing is next.....yay...travel day is close for a few of you!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm looking forward to getting the luggage out, but it is still too early for me to start packing.

I don`t mind that drive on that road, I agree though it is a complete madhouse at times. In all the roads we`ve driven on in Florida, that is one of the worst areas for crazy drivers.
Have you driven in Miami? Some of the worst drivers I have seen.

2 pics from the beach this morning.....first one, the sun was barely up, it`s very pretty.
Gorgeous. Looks so peaceful.

Wish I was at the parks this afternoon. They were handing out old buttons and magnets and other swag to APs in the parks and in the AP lounge.
I would have loved to be there today too. I heard that the day crowds were very low.

I hope it's nothing serious. I have to get a biopsy-like procedure on Tuesday. It will be the second time my obgyn has gotten flesh from me in about a month.
You have my sympathies. I hope nothing serious for you too.

I think tomorrow we will be making a trip to Home Depot. We have an electrician coming next week to do some small jobs. One is replacing the light fixtures on our front porch. We need to go purchase the fixtures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter