Something About Nothing............ #14

It was a dark and stormy night.......
We had some serious thunderstorms come through a couple of hours ago. Some of the people in the neighboring county are without power.

Do you remember a holiday show with Nester the donkey? His donkey momma died during a snow storm sheltering him.
Apparently I cried and cried after watching it....so inconsolable that my babysitter had to call my parents home!
I vaguely remember that one. Did he have abnormally long ears?

This is probably not the norm, and some will be shocked.....I've never watched a Hallmark or Lifetime movie ever! in my life! No interest on my part...
I've seen exactly one Hallmark Christmas movie. Some of the Lifetime movies are really weird looking. They seem to be doing a lot of movies about mentally disturbed people.

Good reminder to check if I have any Kohls cash. I sometimes forget to use them...
I had $50. Certainly didn't want to forget that.

DH is doing really well on his new health journey. He lost 10 pounds already! Gotta admit I'm a bit jealous...I have been mostly eating the same as him, and I've only lost 1, maybe 2 pounds.
Dang hormones and metabolism!!
Congrats to him. It seems so unfair that men seem to be able to lose more and faster.

I have to admit, much as though I adore anything Christmassy, I cannot get into those type of movies. I have tried, but maybe too sugary. Yes, even now is far too early even for me.
They all seem to be about the same anyway.

I`ve been asked to read at the library on Friday morning......Spooky Tales is the theme......it`s half term here so the littler ones will be there and dressed up in their Halloween costumes if they wish, should be fun as there are several of us reading throughout the day. Will be nice.
That will be cool. I like seeing the little kids dressed up.

Not sure what else my evening has in store...probably not much, since it's a Monday night
Monday Night Football here. Two teams I care nothing about.

I have a couple more Christmas gifts ordered. I'm still stuck on what kind of purse to get B. I wish she would give me some ideas.

:wave2: everyone I just wanted to pop in and say hope all is well with everyone. I hope everyone is getting ready with their plans for Halloween, we have started too. The temperatures have cooled a bit and the pool temp, so we use the spa more. I am sure there are trips being planned and taken so I hope everyone has a great time with it. Enjoy and stay safe.

Will you get many trick and treaters?

We get a lot in our HOA but this year not participating.
Most that trick and treat are not living in our area but come in by the car loads from outside of our section

The families in my area have children in high school and very few families have youngsters

Hope you are doing well Bobbie

Most that trick and treat are not living in our area but come in by the car loads from outside of our section

The families in my area have children in high school and very few families have youngsters

Hope you are doing well Bobbie

Hi Mac
I am doing okay thank you for asking. I hope you are well too. Thanks again for going to the shows with us it was so much fun. Enjoyed meeting up with you. I want to take the kids soon to see them.
I have been told we will get quite a few trick or treaters, we have about 300 houses in my community and quite a few with kids. The youngest is going to sit outside and hand out candy, so that is cool. We did some light decorating this year outside, I never have for Halloween but it was requested. It is cute.
My old house in CT was the same way. We had a lot of kids from other areas and older ones too. A lot of times they were rude. We really didn't participate much. I totally undersatand about skipping it.
Curl up with a blanket and watch some halloween movies, after TWD, that is what we are going to do :) .

08A1306C-33A7-4902-B201-36C51251E8FD.gif

Yay! The day Mac may want to enjoy some Taco Bell dinner.

Woot, Keisha may be passing that taco truck too. Tacos for you?

A good morning to Schumi, Julie, Mac, and Metro. Maybe even Charade too, as up this early hour with me, Mac, Metro and Charade. Almost lunchtime for Schumi and Julie.

Yay, Bobbie post. Hope you are feeling good today, and was nice to enjoy some meals with you and your DH. We average anywhere from 10 to 20 kids on Halloween. I like sitting out on our stoop handing out the candy. We also carve our pumpkins when I’m done work. That can take us enough time, we are barely back inside before the young kids start to come. But I enjoy seeing the carved pumpkins all lighted up.

And so, those thunderstorms did a quick loss of power, and it’s still raining now. Just a lighter rain as this rainy weather radar cell moves to the Northeast. But we’re not done with the rain, Weather guy said not clearing until the afternoon, then a cloud covered after that and more rain to fall throughout the evening and overnight. But waking up tomorrow, it should be dry, with partly cloudy day predicted for our Wednesday. But hope, as Thursday to be a gloriously sunny day. But this time of year, it doesn’t make it feel as warm. Thursday’s high is 62. Yeah pants and sunglasses. But today, pants and an umbrella ☔️.

A most terrific Taco Tuesday homies. Hope this finds you happy, healthy and enjoying this Tuesday.

Ooh more tea. Why yes. 😊

Waiting for the better half to ride & shine. We did the four houses Sunday but the weather really took a turn. When the warnings blare landspouts sighted in immediate area, time to
Call it a night. Looks like Thursday may be bit of washout too. those living here will appreciate the cold front I’m sure! Enjoy

Lovely day at MK yesterday

9BB83DBA-F324-4685-9BD1-7032232DD10C.jpegAin’t I special

another Carole recommendation for our multi day forays of nearby U offsite dining bing
Toojays, great little Jewish style deli. Rare as hens teeth in my area, no idea they had any in Orlando. Will be back, quite the extensive menu
0B79A5F2-60AF-41E7-AE1B-1E3CED4ED41B.jpegOne of the better French onion soups I’ve had
E49F3DC9-1224-4226-807D-59DA90D96F8A.jpegmr Enjoyed his roast beef on brioche, Shepard’s pie was good, not as I prefer. It’s a subjective sort

E51A0B91-A901-4928-B7A4-F6F33E108E98.jpegthe killer chocolate cake was just that, mr loved. He couldn’t plow thru it so rich & dense. Turns out they fly in their cakes from their own bakery in NYC area. The cheesecake used ricotta, it suffered from the flash freezing, was a bit crumbly/drier than most but, still hit the spot
those fries look 👀 good. Like a burger place, so have to put that place on my list, as little one particularly likes a good burger and fries.
I’m so picky re burgers, either basic mcd double cheeseburger or ‘a good one’. Five guys closest to what I make at home. Think these ones beat theirs. Just not all in on the fries
wasn't feeling well after lunch today
Maybe lunch. Hope ok now
PBR is DHs favorite beer!! He was drinking it on tap Saturday night at the 50th bday party.
Lol when I met the mr he was drinking Milwaukee’s best o_O As he put it, after a few they all taste the same. 😐. He grabbed the beer at grocery store & snuck in Coors. Told him it’s all his
DH and ds got their moose.
Not squirrel. Congrats. Inquiring minds wonder how one goes about cooking it gamey tasting like deer?
I've seen exactly one Hallmark Christmas movie. Some of the Lifetime movies are really weird looking. They seem to be doing a lot of movies about mentally disturbed people.
Will file it under something for everyone, have at it. I’ve never gotten thru a single one of either of their offerings. Reminded me of those harlequin romance books, not meant as a compliment

I understand that sentiment. not sure I’d want to answer the door if home alone either, even tho our town has been starting it in daylight at 5 pm last few years

the majority of kids that show up at our house aren’t local. I bought enough for 300 kids this year with mr’s stash on standby.

Many of the parents when chatting do mention where they live (various nearby towns) :car:

We now have parents with little ones who comment they came as kids. fondly remember our outdoor display & look forward to seeing how we switch it up every year :goodvibes
And so, those thunderstorms did a quick loss of power, and it’s still raining now. Just a lighter rain as this rainy weather radar cell moves to the Northeast.
Losing power is dreadful, especially in winter :cold: Those freezing, wet snows play such havoc Please let it be an easy winter!

Hi everybody :wave2:

Well...I had a long post written out with pics and it wouldn't let me post for some reason...then it went poof and disappeared.

I can't believe how far behind I was...so I'm back and playing catchup.

We had a great time at HHN and have been permanently spoiled by doing a private RIP tour so now we plan to do it every year...better start saving now.

We're giving each other a Christmas and New Year's trip for Christmas and since it's so expensive to stay onsite we decided to stay at a friend's 3 bedroom condo for a fraction of the price and lots more room. It's close enough to WDW to watch fireworks from the balcony so it's all good. It will be the same cast of characters as our last trip, me, Danielle, Trey and our friend Tammy. Here's a pic of us at MK.
755424083_MEDIUM.jpeg

Sorry we weren't able to meet up with anyone this trip but maybe next time for sure. I think this was the last time we will stay at 3 different resorts. There's just too much moving involved.

So happy my Braves made it to the World Series and looking forward to seeing the game tonight. The kids gave me a night at the Omni Hotel at the Battery for Mother's Day this year which checked off an item on my bucket list. We stayed in a balcony room overlooking the ballpark and it was awesome to watch the game from our room.
20211026_082524.jpg
oops, work just called for the second time this week and wanted me to work on my day off...nope, not going to happen.

I know I had other quotes and stuff but I guess I'll skip it and shout out to Carole, so glad you're finally getting to go back to your happy place, mac, keisha, Lynne, Robo, Charade, Bobbie, disxuni. monyk, Metro, pumpkin, RFF, Paris, buckeev, and anyone else I missed.

Hope you have a wonderful day and take care.

Yay, Keisha with that score! And yep, we ate a Toojays, as that type of deli we have two near us. I’m a huge fan of Jewish corn beef and pastrami. A shame the cheesecake was not as good. I like both, a Jewish style one and Italian one. We tend to buy the cheesecakes only at the one Jewish deli and the one Italian bakery. None better, we’ve found.

Yay, a Tink post! Yay for having HHN fun and baseball fun, Yep, I’m spoiled too. Always want to tour HHN with a private RIP tour. No better way.

And so, back to routine for me too.

Finally getting a chance to stop in :wave2:

Had a quiet day at home. Puttering around and just relaxing. DH and ds got their moose...so they were busy all day. It is now off getting processed for us. It was easier to take it to someone to do it for us. I told dh we may need to purchase another freezer just for that. I am hoping I can find somewhere that has what I'm looking for in stock already :scared:

It seems we have another mild day weather wise here. It's not extremely warm and it's overcast. But there is no wind. I think when I get home from work, I'll head out for a walk, while it's light, then cook some dinner. I'm sure ds's can wait until a little later to eat. Dinner will be spaghetti ( spaghetti squash for me) and turkey meatballs with sauce and salad. Dh is on the road again today. So it's just myself and the boys all week. He's off to a trade show in the beautiful city of Victoria (lucky duck) in British Columbia.

Not sure what else my evening has in store...probably not much, since it's a Monday night

Have a great evening everyone...stay safe!!!!
Yay!! Congrats to the hunters! I cannot even imagine how many pounds of meat that will be..

:wave2: everyone I just wanted to pop in and say hope all is well with everyone. I hope everyone is getting ready with their plans for Halloween, we have started too. The temperatures have cooled a bit and the pool temp, so we use the spa more. I am sure there are trips being planned and taken so I hope everyone has a great time with it. Enjoy and stay safe.
Hi Bobbie! Glad you're well!

Hi Mac
I am doing okay thank you for asking. I hope you are well too. Thanks again for going to the shows with us it was so much fun. Enjoyed meeting up with you. I want to take the kids soon to see them.
I have been told we will get quite a few trick or treaters, we have about 300 houses in my community and quite a few with kids. The youngest is going to sit outside and hand out candy, so that is cool. We did some light decorating this year outside, I never have for Halloween but it was requested. It is cute.
My old house in CT was the same way. We had a lot of kids from other areas and older ones too. A lot of times they were rude. We really didn't participate much. I totally undersatand about skipping it.
Curl up with a blanket and watch some halloween movies, after TWD, that is what we are going to do :) .
We stopped a few years ago as well. Our entire subdivision is about 26 houses. And one year we had over a hundred kids, brought by the car load, and many fairly old for t-o-t. Wasn't prepared with enough candy and had to turn the light out.

View attachment 616475

Yay! The day Mac may want to enjoy some Taco Bell dinner.

Woot, Keisha may be passing that taco truck too. Tacos for you?

A good morning to Schumi, Julie, Mac, and Metro. Maybe even Charade too, as up this early hour with me, Mac, Metro and Charade. Almost lunchtime for Schumi and Julie.

Yay, Bobbie post. Hope you are feeling good today, and was nice to enjoy some meals with you and your DH. We average anywhere from 10 to 20 kids on Halloween. I like sitting out on our stoop handing out the candy. We also carve our pumpkins when I’m done work. That can take us enough time, we are barely back inside before the young kids start to come. But I enjoy seeing the carved pumpkins all lighted up.

And so, those thunderstorms did a quick loss of power, and it’s still raining now. Just a lighter rain as this rainy weather radar cell moves to the Northeast. But we’re not done with the rain, Weather guy said not clearing until the afternoon, then a cloud covered after that and more rain to fall throughout the evening and overnight. But waking up tomorrow, it should be dry, with partly cloudy day predicted for our Wednesday. But hope, as Thursday to be a gloriously sunny day. But this time of year, it doesn’t make it feel as warm. Thursday’s high is 62. Yeah pants and sunglasses. But today, pants and an umbrella ☔.

A most terrific Taco Tuesday homies. Hope this finds you happy, healthy and enjoying this Tuesday.

Ooh more tea. Why yes. 😊
Yes, those storms were nasty! Even when they passed, we still had so much wind. It was a very blustery walk with the dogs.
The sun is out today, but the cooler temps remain...Fall is here to stay

Waiting for the better half to ride & shine. We did the four houses Sunday but the weather really took a turn. When the warnings blare landspouts sighted in immediate area, time to
Call it a night. Looks like Thursday may be bit of washout too. those living here will appreciate the cold front I’m sure! Enjoy

View attachment 616493Ain’t I special

another Carole recommendation for our multi day forays of nearby U offsite dining bing
Toojays, great little Jewish style deli. Rare as hens teeth in my area, no idea they had any in Orlando. Will be back, quite the extensive menu
View attachment 616494One of the better French onion soups I’ve had
View attachment 616495mr Enjoyed his roast beef on brioche, Shepard’s pie was good, not as I prefer. It’s a subjective sort

View attachment 616496the killer chocolate cake was just that, mr loved. He couldn’t plow thru it so rich & dense. Turns out they fly in their cakes from their own bakery in NYC area. The cheesecake used ricotta, it suffered from the flash freezing, was a bit crumbly/drier than most but, still hit the spot

I’m so picky re burgers, either basic mcd double cheeseburger or ‘a good one’. Five guys closest to what I make at home. Think these ones beat theirs. Just not all in on the fries

Maybe lunch. Hope ok now

Lol when I met the mr he was drinking Milwaukee’s best o_O As he put it, after a few they all taste the same. 😐. He grabbed the beer at grocery store & snuck in Coors. Told him it’s all his

Not squirrel. Congrats. Inquiring minds wonder how one goes about cooking it gamey tasting like deer?

Will file it under something for everyone, have at it. I’ve never gotten thru a single one of either of their offerings. Reminded me of those harlequin romance books, not meant as a compliment

I understand that sentiment. not sure I’d want to answer the door if home alone either, even tho our town has been starting it in daylight at 5 pm last few years

the majority of kids that show up at our house aren’t local. I bought enough for 300 kids this year with mr’s stash on standby.

Many of the parents when chatting do mention where they live (various nearby towns) :car:

We now have parents with little ones who comment they came as kids. fondly remember our outdoor display & look forward to seeing how we switch it up every year :goodvibes

Losing power is dreadful, especially in winter :cold: Those freezing, wet snows play such havoc Please let it be an easy winter!
Congrats on the 999,999!

Oh yes, Milwaukee's Best is still around! When DH can't find PBR, "cold and yellow" will do, lol!

I will second that....Please let it be an easy winter!

Enjoy your time in Orlando!!!!! Loving the photos/updates!

We had some serious thunderstorms come through a couple of hours ago. Some of the people in the neighboring county are without power.

I vaguely remember that one. Did he have abnormally long ears?

I had $50. Certainly didn't want to forget that.

Congrats to him. It seems so unfair that men seem to be able to lose more and faster.

They all seem to be about the same anyway.

View attachment 616401

That will be cool. I like seeing the little kids dressed up.

Monday Night Football here. Two teams I care nothing about.

I have a couple more Christmas gifts ordered. I'm still stuck on what kind of purse to get B. I wish she would give me some ideas.
Ha!! That plot generator is really funny! I should forward it to my Hallmark movie loving friend, lol!!!

Enjoying some coffee in my PJs. Soon I'll change for my Pilates class. Thinking of going to a second class this week, we will see.

Did some online Xmas shopping last night. Not nearly as fun as actual shopping, for me. But convenience of staying home on a cold evening won out.

Chicken again tonight....this is a reoccurring theme in this 'healthy household'. Think I'm gonna grow feathers and cluck soon.... At least I have some really wonderful veggies to roast on the side. I keep switching those around.
Weird thing, DH doesn't seem the least bit phased about eating the same stuff over and over....

Well...I had a long post written out with pics and it wouldn't let me post for some reason...then it went poof and disappeared.

We had a great time at HHN and have been permanently spoiled by doing a private RIP tour so now we plan to do it every year...better start saving now.

We're giving each other a Christmas and New Year's trip for Christmas and since it's so expensive to stay onsite we decided to stay at a friend's 3 bedroom condo for a fraction of the price and lots more room. It's close enough to WDW to watch fireworks from the balcony so it's all good. It will be the same cast of characters as our last trip, me, Danielle, Trey and our friend Tammy. Here's a pic of us at MK.
View attachment 616504

Sorry we weren't able to meet up with anyone this trip but maybe next time for sure. I think this was the last time we will stay at 3 different resorts. There's just too much moving involved.

So happy my Braves made it to the World Series and looking forward to seeing the game tonight. The kids gave me a night at the Omni Hotel at the Battery for Mother's Day this year which checked off an item on my bucket list. We stayed in a balcony room overlooking the ballpark and it was awesome to watch the game from our room.
View attachment 616508
oops, work just called for the second time this week and wanted me to work on my day off...nope, not going to happen.

I know I had other quotes and stuff but I guess I'll skip it and shout out to Carole, so glad you're finally getting to go back to your happy place, mac, keisha, Lynne, Robo, Charade, Bobbie, disxuni. monyk, Metro, pumpkin, RFF, Paris, buckeev, and anyone else I missed.

I think we were posting at the same time...

That is the neatest photo overlooking the ball park!!! You really cannot get any closer!

Also a very nice group picture too! Always nice when another trip is on the horizon!!

View attachment 616493Ain’t I special

View attachment 616494One of the better French onion soups I’ve had
View attachment 616495mr Enjoyed his roast beef on brioche, Shepard’s pie was good, not as I prefer. It’s a subjective sort

View attachment 616496the killer chocolate cake was just that, mr loved. He couldn’t plow thru it so rich & dense. Turns out they fly in their cakes from their own bakery in NYC area. The cheesecake used ricotta, it suffered from the flash freezing, was a bit crumbly/drier than most but, still hit the spot

Maybe lunch. Hope ok now

Happy to hear you enjoyed Toojays......we`ve been going there for many years and have banged on about it a lot.....food is so good and service is always friendly. I didn`t know that about the bakery items though, interesting to know. I haven`t had the cheesecake as I hate ricotta, but, yes, Tom had the chocolate cake and couldn`t finish it. Such a lovely selection though.

I`m always happy to recommend somewhere on the Dis........

I think Coors is one of the few beers I`ll drink :duck:I`ll get my coat!

Enjoy your pool time and tonight.......

View attachment 616504

View attachment 616508

Lovely picture of you all Vicki....and glad the trip was such a success.

I`m being tempted by the RIP tour next year.....never fancied it, as we prefer to go many nights for less time....but if my dates match up, we may just be doing one.

That was a lovely Mother`s Day gift....you have lovely kids!! And yes, what a view.....

Good to see you Vicki, and enjoy that day off.......

Yay!! Congrats to the hunters! I cannot even imagine how many pounds of meat that will be..

We stopped a few years ago as well. Our entire subdivision is about 26 houses. And one year we had over a hundred kids, brought by the car load, and many fairly old for t-o-t. Wasn't prepared with enough candy and had to turn the light out.

Yes, those storms were nasty! Even when they passed, we still had so much wind. It was a very blustery walk with the dogs.
The sun is out today, but the cooler temps remain...Fall is here to stay

Congrats on the 999,999!

Oh yes, Milwaukee's Best is still around! When DH can't find PBR, "cold and yellow" will do, lol!

I will second that....Please let it be an easy winter!

Enjoy your time in Orlando!!!!! Loving the photos/updates!

Ha!! That plot generator is really funny! I should forward it to my Hallmark movie loving friend, lol!!!

View attachment 616517

Enjoying some coffee in my PJs. Soon I'll change for my Pilates class. Thinking of going to a second class this week, we will see.

Did some online Xmas shopping last night. Not nearly as fun as actual shopping, for me. But convenience of staying home on a cold evening won out.

Chicken again tonight....this is a reoccurring theme in this 'healthy household'. Think I'm gonna grow feathers and cluck soon.... At least I have some really wonderful veggies to roast on the side. I keep switching those around.
Weird thing, DH doesn't seem the least bit phased about eating the same stuff over and over....

lol......I can hear you clucking from here......we love chicken as long as it`s not a chicken nugget dish.......so many options to do with it. Enjoy the challenge.....

Yes, I`ve done some more online shopping this year than usual......ideal really, but I know what you mean.

Have fun at the pilates class......

Charade.....I lost your quote......that meme was so accurate!!! And described them to a tee!!

We`re having beef short ribs tonight, I cooked them overnight last night after marinading all day yesterday, the aroma was delicious coming downstairs this morning, can`t wait to shread and reheat them later, cooked them in Old Peculiar Ale, bits and pieces and home made beef stock.....lush!

Busy day today, but it`s so cold. Heating is on and a winter warming dish with creamy mashed potatoes will go down well tonight. I do like wearing new winter coats and boots though.......only upside of cold weather.......

Picked up a couple of duck breasts at a butcher we visited to stock up this morning, quite a journey to this one, but their produce is fabulous. Will have that tomorrow in either a Chinese dish or good old 1970`s dish with cherry sauce.......love it!! Long as it`s pink to rare we don`t really care what flavour it has.

cv135-S.png

Good Tuesday morning Sans family :wave2:

5E1EA897-B694-40BF-BFA8-0955DA85D3BF.jpeg

DC2F43FB-2321-4F30-8D09-6B0AFC2D5710.jpeg

That sucks your water heater broke. At least you were able to replace it easily. I know that supply is low for those items. Dh is struggling to find certain items when estimating/completing jobs due to a lack of many things like water heaters, furnaces, toilets, air conditioners and many other items. The supply chain is definitely struggling to keep up with demand.

Thankfully the plumbing business we use is local and they had enough water heaters in stock to come out and replace it.

I have to push all the buttons too :rotfl: That is the best part of looking at them!!!! I'm glad your ds and family were safe. It is scary when things like that happen in your backyard. We always think it won't happen close to us...and then boom.

I always push the buttons on the Halloween animatronic displays. i love to see how the animatronics work.....LOL

DDs night out with friends was 'a blast', according to her! They started with axe throwing, and then bar hopped all around the downtown.
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this picture...
Back on the dreaded Bull!! The same bull where DD ended up with a broken finger on graduation week....
Thankfully, the night ended without incident....

Looks like she had a great time with friends celebrating her birthday.

Lovely time with family today. This is my new grandson. He’s a quiet little chap so far. Only 5 months old. Does get a chuckle on occasionally!

What a cute little fella. I’am so glad you have been able to get together with family again.

This is my granddaughter L with my nephews little one. Six months old today. She’s a little sweetheart.

Looks like L is enjoying holding her baby cousin.

Charade I hope you are able to get the money issue settled with your aunt. It is so sad when family members abuse their position with other family members when money is involved.

Pumpkin glad to hear the borders are open to our Canadian friends to travel.

Schumi your charcuterie board looked yummy.

That was so nice of you to pull together a Halloween celebration for the local Children this coming weekend. I’am sure they will be thrilled.

Tink so good to see you post. What a nice photo. So glad to hear you all had a nice trip. Wow......that’s a nice view from your hotel of the ballgame. Happy to hear you have a trip back to Orlando for Christmas celebration.

Charade I like the new porch lights. Sounds like you are nearing the end of your remodel.

Bobbie68 good to hear from you. I enjoyed our meet up and dinner. I hope you and the family are doing well.

Lynne hope the tea is warm and Tasty this morning.

Keisha glad to hear you and your Mr made it safely to O town. Hope the weather cooperates better for the rest of your trip. Enjoy yourselves.

Mac it is hit or miss here for Trick or Treaters. Sometimes there are more. Just depends. I always have plenty of candy to hand out.......LOL...now that I said that I will get slammed this year with Trick or Treaters......LOL

The heat is on here. High today will only be 61 and the low will be 41 tonight.

Grandson came by to help put the banana trees in the garage and roll up the garden hoses yesterday evening. I made him a nice meatloaf dinner. He likes meatloaf. I also made him some Chocolate chip cookies to take home. He is so sweet. He comes by to help us with some of the heavy outdoor things. It helps us and it’s a way for him to make some money and for us to spend some precious time with him.

I went to see his football game this past Friday. His high school is in the sectional playoffs. They won their game Friday. Their next game is this Friday in Brazil Indiana. It’s about 3 hours North of here. Not sure If I will make that game or not. Will see.

Going to do a little window cleaning today.

I have been working on granddaughters wedding album.

My Halloween party is Sunday so trying to finalize menu. I did order some Halloween desserts from a local bakery to help with the food.

I see the massage therapist this afternoon. So that will be welcome after a few outdoor projects I have this morning.

The trees are turning red, orange and yellow. The weather is cool and the wind mildly brisk. A beautiful Fall day. Halloween weather for sure.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

3480CAEC-4772-4481-979D-C252D0CD9834.gif

:wave2: A quick Tuesday morning stop in!

My pile of papers is smaller today, so I will stretch it out a bit. Not sure what I will find to keep me busy today. I always seem to find something.

Went for my walk last night as soon as I got home. It was a little chilly. Soon I will need to add gloves and my headband to keep my ears warm :sad: Honestly, we are doing good that it's Oct 26 and we have no snow yet. The forecast is calling for freezing rain tomorrow :worried: But then a little nicer again for the rest of the week.

Yikes...that sounds like some pretty serious storms. I'm glad your still have power. I hope you have a good day at work today.
everyone I just wanted to pop in and say hope all is well with everyone. I hope everyone is getting ready with their plans for Halloween, we have started too. The temperatures have cooled a bit and the pool temp, so we use the spa more. I am sure there are trips being planned and taken so I hope everyone has a great time with it. Enjoy and stay safe.
:wave2: Enjoy that beautiful Florida weather!!!!
I don't blame you for not participating. There are a few here that don't either.
But we’re not done with the rain, Weather guy said not clearing until the afternoon, then a cloud covered after that and more rain to fall throughout the evening and overnight. But waking up tomorrow, it should be dry, with partly cloudy day predicted for our Wednesday. But hope, as Thursday to be a gloriously sunny day. But this time of year, it doesn’t make it feel as warm. Thursday’s high is 62. Yeah pants and sunglasses. But today, pants and an umbrella ☔.
It must be that time of year.
Have fun!!!!!
LOL...not squirrel lol. We are a little redneck :blush: I will have to work on that a bit. It's been a few years again since we had been lucky enough to get a big animal. They were done " rutting" which makes them taste less gamey. We also hang it, which helps and makes it super tender. - kind of like a good cut of steak. I have a few ideas in mind to hide the gameyness of it. Sauces, casseroles ( @ss in a pan as we call it lol) stews, and I'll be experimenting with the roasts. I'm not a big roast fan...so those will be the hardest for me to cook.
What an amazing gift!!!!!
We have come to embrace our feathered friend lol for meals. You will find more ways to prepare it ::yes::
Picked up a couple of duck breasts at a butcher we visited to stock up this morning, quite a journey to this one, but their produce is fabulous. Will have that tomorrow in either a Chinese dish or good old 1970`s dish with cherry sauce.......love it!! Long as it`s pink to rare we don`t really care what flavour it has.
I have only had duck once...and I didn't make it. What I did have, I liked, but I'm too scared to try to make it on my own.
Grandson came by to help put the banana trees in the garage and roll up the garden hoses yesterday evening. I made him a nice meatloaf dinner. He likes meatloaf. I also made him some Chocolate chip cookies to take home. He is so sweet. He comes by to help us with some of the heavy outdoor things. It helps us and it’s a way for him to make some money and for us to spend some precious time with him.
You are an awesome Grammie!!!!! Of course he will help you if you pay him with COOKIES!!!!!!! It's great you are such an involved grandparent. That doesn't always happen. It is the one thing that both dh and I are striving to do - and want to do! We have experienced first hand at grandparents who don't do that - and everyone looses out. It was the one thing that we don't want our grandkids to experience.

Well, I should get shuffling some papers.

Have a great day everyone...stay safe!

Hi Lynne thank you, it's a busy day but okay. We enjoyed having a few meals with you too, got to eat at some of my favorite and new favorite places. Look forward to the next meet up. Wow you don't get a lot of kids, I used to like giving it out but I am also good with one of the kids taking over. We used to carve pumpkins every year, last year was the first time we didn't. It looks like this year is a miss too. Usually the kids will ask but it was crickets this year. They were more concerned with decorating.
Glad your thunderstorms are over. Enjoy those cups of tea.

Hi Tink, sorry I missed you this time, I hope to visit with you next time around. Glad that you had a nice trip and that you are doing good. Nice pic you posted!!

Hi Lori thank you and I hope you are too. When you come down you can send me a pm if you have time would love to meet up. I am a little nervous about how many kids will come and I don't want to run out of candy, but also don't want a lot left over. I figure we will see how it is this year then decide on the next. It's hard because my street has about 15 houses and eveyone gives out candy, and I don't want to be the new "grinch" on the street. Before the pandemic the families on this street did a lot of get togethers outside, and are very close. We will see if at some point in the future it comes back. The car loads of older kids make me a little nervous.

Bobbie68 good to hear from you. I enjoyed our meet up and dinner. I hope you and the family are doing well.
Hi Robbie and thank you, I enjoyed our dinner and chatting afterwards with Lynne. Sapphire was such a nice place to do it. We are going good thank you and I wish all the best to yours and are doing well. I look forward to meeting up again in the future.

:wave2: Enjoy that beautiful Florida weather!!!!
Hi Pumpkin and thank you I will. It's funny I keep saying to Brian it is getting a little cool for me, LOL!! I enjoy the heat, shorts, flip flops and swimming so trying to find ways to still do it. The one thing the cooler weather is good for is our walking time. I hope all is well with you and your family.

:wave2: to the rest of the SANS, I hope everyone has a great day!

Thank you Robbie...we do enjoy plates of meats and seafood.

The Halloween Scavenger Hunt is coming along nicely, I think we have about 35 kids coming now, all credit to the other ladies though who have done most of it.

Good luck to your Grandson with the game next week, hope they win!

Pumpkin, we have gloves now and my new heat holders hat is exceptionally warm, but so cosy. Hope you get some milder weather before winter hits properly.

Ducks are easy.....they really are, you just have to render the fat down well. With breasts you sometimes end up with a much smaller portion than you think as once you take the fat off it doesn`t look a lot, but so delicious. Whole ducks we cook above the tray so the grease falls under, and there really are a load of ways to cook them. We do like to make duck spring rolls for get togethers with friends.....they always disappear fast!!

Bobbie....glad to see you`re doing ok and hope the community comes back together soon, it`s always lovely when you can spend time with folks who live close.

Hope Keisha is enjoying her time in Orlando........looks lovely there right now......

Very full after dinner, ate a little too much, that was a large portion and I didn`t eat as much as I thought as it was incredibly filling. Still full up.

Very mild night tonight.......and quiet, hardly a breath outside, I think the breeze will come back tomorrow though.

Tired though tonight, doubt we`ll be late in bed........

So happy my Braves
Good luck & enjoy that Xmas trip. Great idea there in lieu of gifts
Lololol I found $3 Coronas at lunch, happy camper va the $9 Heineken sitting in front of us now waiting for hill house to start off the night It’s dry & we are sitting in the shade, I’m a happy camper tonight
Happy to hear you enjoyed Toojays......we`ve been going there for many years and have banged on about it a lot.....food is so good and service is always friendly. I didn`t know that about the bakery items though,
Nice idea on the hunt!
Guess where we ate lunch
37233E91-71E7-45B9-B6FA-B743547316FE.jpeg
My Halloween party is Sunday so trying to finalize menu. I did order some Halloween desserts from a local bakery to help with the food.
I can’t wait to see pics!
have a few ideas in mind to hide the gameyness of it. Sauces, casseroles ( @ss in a pan as we call it lol) stews, and I'll be experimenting with the roasts. I'm not a big roast fan...so those will be the hardest for me to cook.
You must share. I’ve been mulling over that huge amount of meet. Has to be close to a whole cow

Good luck & enjoy that Xmas trip. Great idea there in lieu of gifts

Lololol I found $3 Coronas at lunch, happy camper va the $9 Heineken sitting in front of us now waiting for hill house to start off the night It’s dry & we are sitting in the shade, I’m a happy camper tonight

Guess where we ate lunch
View attachment 616623

I can’t wait to see pics!

You must share. I’ve been mulling over that huge amount of meet. Has to be close to a whole cow

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I recognise that burger!!!! And I`m not jealous at all.......lol......

Hope you really enjoyed it.........::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter