Something About Nothing............ #14

View attachment 621811
starting to think it’s waaay too early but, the LR Xmas tree is going up momentarily so that GD can decorate it later

Her requested potato/cheese soup (not a fav here of cream soups in general) is in crockpot Added sautéed celery, carrots & onions. inspiration struck. Added a couple of TBsp of hidden valley dry ranch mix this go round to kick it up, we shall see. Either quick stirfry or burger will be tossed at the mr

my dad was a decorated battleship’s gunner in WWII. the mr enlisted out of high school during viet nam, served on a carrier Have surely appreciated the VA benefits over the years!

Pants on is usually a good thing :p

Maybe but, had it hammered in my head growing up not to eat anything u find in wild jik ala ‘shrooms. Rarely use mint, a little goes a very long way
PS liking that
Funny Meme!

Sounds like a nice time planned with GD!! And soup sounds yummy!

Happy Veterans Day to all that served. Thinking of our friend. I guess he’s not in Afghanistan anymore.

Love 80s music. I love all kinds of music, except some country and some rap. Might need to listen to some Yaz later or the new wave radio station. Listening to the strangest mix of music at the hair salon right now, Beatles, Steve Miller, 90s. Geez and now Rolling Stones from the 60s.
I think your birthday is today/near??

Have a super birthday Sonia!!!!

Good Thursday afternoon Sans family :wave2:

View attachment 621812

I

Not sure if I remember reading your birthday is this week or not, but wanted to make sure to wish you a happy birthday.

View attachment 621821

What a thoughtful gift. I looked up Pentatonix. I had never heard of them. I watched your video of them.

Carole so glad to hear you mum is doing well and is sparky for a 87 year old. I think when people reach their 80’s and are physically active and mentally sharp they do very well.

It’s coming along. You know how it is. It’s just disrupts things for a while. Hope your foot is continuing to get better.

I will take a few photos with my phone and add them in here. I do like getting the decorations up early. It just make the house so cheerful.

You go girl.......every year is a milestone worth celebrating.

I had my both my knees replaced a few years ago. The right knees hardware has been clicking a bit on and off. It’s a bit swollen. Left foot is an issue too. Will just rest them a bit. If don’t improve will see the Orthopedic doc who did the surgery to check things out. The doc who put in my knee joints used the ones that were being used in athletes at the time of my surgery. He said I should get 25 to 30 years out of them.

Yes, celebrating and being comfortable in our skin is something to celebrate as women for sure.

Congratulations to your granddaughter. She is adorable and a champion.

A grand picture of a female grocery store huntress who found her turkeys.......LOL.....Great score.

I did get a 23 pounder a couple of weeks ago. Right now the stores here have plenty of Turkeys and Ham.

My younger sister is helping with dinner and I’am going to have a couple family members do desserts. So I will have plenty of help this year for cooking and clean up.

I think the cold wet weather does do a number on the joints at times.

My hubby kinda of threw up his hands many moons ago on the Halloween and Christmas decoration schedules. I usually have Halloween up by first week of September and Christmas first week November. He is really sweet. After I get decorations up he will go around and look at them and tell me he likes them.

Sounds yummy.

I did not put corn out for a few days and a large Doe came to our kitchen window while we were having dinner and looked in at us. This is the one who will let me walk right past her. So after dinner I put out corn and fresh water.

Since they cleared the land behind us I have not been seeing her as often.

That will be nice for you to have your family to visit.

Lori what a nice birthday dinner surprise.

These Grippo barbecue chips are addictive and hot. I don’t eat them very often.

View attachment 621844

Yes, I do clean the house and do meal prep for hubby before I go on vacation to Universal.

Can’t remeber if I shared this with you are not before, but there is a cocktail sauce that is served with their famous shrimp cocktail at St. Elmo’s steak house in downtown Indianapolis that is nuclear hot. They now sell it locally here at Costco.

Nice to hear you are getting things settled with your car. The whole insurance thing is a nightmare at times.

Sorry to hear you didn’t get the job, but maybe it just means your dream job is waiting around the corner.

It does look like a dog swimming. Awesome it was so close for you to get a picture.

Christmas music is always good. I always play the Nutcracker CD I have when decorating for Christmas.

I like to play Bach’s Toccata and Fugue In D Minor when decorating for Halloween.....LOL....It’s scary pipe organ music reminds me of Phantom of the Opera and The Ghost and Mr Chicken with Don Knots.

Sounds yummy.

I went to the Mall yesterday to meet my sister, niece and great-nephew for lunch and came through the door at Dillard’s right by the purse department. I saw the new Vera Bradley Potter purses. There were two prints the one with just Hedwig like you purchased and the one with Hogwarts, Hedwig, Fluffy and Buckbeak on it. Both prints are beautiful. I bought the Hipster with Hogwarts on it and the Hedwig change purse.

View attachment 621845

Your daughter will love her purse.

It’s rainy and gloomy out today. Just enjoying a quiet day at home.

I have all the tree lights on so Christmas cheer is here. Thinking of making a cup of hot chocolate soon.

I have a couple more Christmas presents to wrap. Will do that later.

I need to get online and book hotel up near my dads. My younger sister and I go up for a early Christmas visit first week of December. I also have a cousin I’am very close to who is not doing very well and I want to spend some time with her.

While dad was here we took him up to Santa Claus Indiana. We visited the Candy Castle that carries a lot of the older candy brands.

We visited Santa’s post office were they receive over 100,00 letters to Santa every year. We spoke to one of Santa’s female Elf’s who helps answer those letters. She was lovely to talk to.

I need to get moving to my office. Will post some pics.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
I had never heard of The Ghost and Mr Chicken....looked it up. Don Knots was a funny guy!!

Your purse and change purse are beautiful!!

Hope you enjoy your visit with your dad!!

We have neighbors that have Christmas lights and decorations put up outside already..

Mr Mac asked last night, am I going to put our fake tree up this year since I have not done so in the past 3 years.

Told him I’ll think about it if one of our boys makes plans to come see us in December.
And if they do, we won’t do Burger King for food Christmas Day
I’ll cook that day

They / BG King, is the only place open the past three years for the 25th.
Drive thru only

We don’t send out gifts to the sons and family but do a card with a check for Christmas in early December so they can buy what they want for their Christmas present.

Our sons have family and friends up north so they stay in their area
It’s a long drive for them to come south

We might see one son sometime this December but it depends if they can get the days off work and it won’t be at Christmas but either before or after.
Where they work does not close down for holidays
It’s a 24/7 type of job for 3 of them

We won’t know their schedule until much later but hopefully will know their schedule early in December
and I’ll know what size of bird I need to buy
I don’t buy frozen, only fresh

it does not matter to us the date if any of the sons can come visit
We are open to whatever few days they have available

If December does not work for them, I’m good with this month or January to see them!
Can put the tree up any of those 3 months
Can celebrate the holidays when they can come !
I love this!!!!!!
Sometimes parents can put big demands on grown children for the holidays.
Your boys will come see you because you have an open door policy, and don't pressure them.

OH. MY. HEAVENS!!!
What's your address Robo? I'm jumping in the car!

So if I get in my car now and drive north, will there be any food left by the time I get there

lol
Ha! You beat me to it!!

Treated myself to one of the Starbucks new holiday drinks. I got the hot version of the sugar cookie with almond milk. It was a little bland to be honest. And I could taste the chalkiness of the almond milk...
The creme brulee drink is a thousand times nicer!!

The rain has passed, but the wind is picking up....the temperature is beginning to tumble. Brrr!
Think I'll stay inside for the afternoon. I can change DDs bedsheets to her flannel set for when she's home for Thanksgiving. And maybe wrap a couple more gifts to stay ahead of the holiday push.

I picked up a luggage scale at Target this morning. I have a feeling Spirit will be a stickler for weight restrictions.... Almost time to put some clothes in the suitcase, and see if I can actually lift it, LOL!!

Christmas decorations

Nutcracker tree in kitchen
View attachment 621864

Elf tree dining room
View attachment 621865

Potter Tree formal living room
View attachment 621866

Angel tree formal living room
View attachment 621867

View attachment 621868

Entry Hall
View attachment 621869

Dining room buffet
View attachment 621870

Dining room
View attachment 621871

Living room
View attachment 621872

I love this mouse
View attachment 621873
Your decorations should be featured on a show!!

Really beautiful!!

Love the sound of that chicken recipe...and 'faffy' is my new favorite word, lol!! Love it!

Rainy Thursday, but should clear out by mid afternoon. Bringing in much colder weather, with highs only in the 30s until sometime next week. Good thing I'll miss most of it!

Weather in Orlando is going to be a bit cooler than average for the first few days, and then around average for the rest of my trip. I feel like I will need shorts and pants, tshirts and sweatshirts. This suitcase is gonna be heavy, lol!

Have a great Thursday!
Going for that second cup of coffee this morning....
Reminds me of a bday gift I'm currently using!
View attachment 621805

I love that word! I use it too often apparently......lol.....

Also...might need to be a copycat.....love that mug!! Yes, we pack for all kinds of weather....and the reason we are glad to have 4 x 50lb luggage allowance lol....

Did I hear Creme Brulee???? Lush!!!

View attachment 621811
starting to think it’s waaay too early but, the LR Xmas tree is going up momentarily so that GD can decorate it later

Her requested potato/cheese soup (not a fav here of cream soups in general) is in crockpot Added sautéed celery, carrots & onions. inspiration struck. Added a couple of TBsp of hidden valley dry ranch mix this go round to kick it up, we shall see. Either quick stirfry or burger will be tossed at the mr

my dad was a decorated battleship’s gunner in WWII. the mr enlisted out of high school during viet nam, served on a carrier Have surely appreciated the VA benefits over the years!

Pants on is usually a good thing :p

Maybe but, had it hammered in my head growing up not to eat anything u find in wild jik ala ‘shrooms. Rarely use mint, a little goes a very long way
PS liking that

LOVE that meme!!! Ain`t it the truth.......

Nobody likes mint in this house in any shape or form......not even in a cocktail......always ask for no mint, same with cilantro......bleurgh......

Think I told you earlier, I admire your DH more and more....... ::yes::

We have neighbors that have Christmas lights and decorations put up outside already..

Mr Mac asked last night, am I going to put our fake tree up this year since I have not done so in the past 3 years.

Told him I’ll think about it if one of our boys makes plans to come see us in December.
And if they do, we won’t do Burger King for food Christmas Day
I’ll cook that day

They / BG King, is the only place open the past three years for the 25th.
Drive thru only

We don’t send out gifts to the sons and family but do a card with a check for Christmas in early December so they can buy what they want for their Christmas present.

We might see one son sometime this December but it depends if they can get the days off work and it won’t be at Christmas but either before or after.
Where they work does not close down for holidays
It’s a 24/7 type of job for 3 of them

We won’t know their schedule until much later but hopefully will know their schedule early in December
and I’ll know what size of bird I need to buy
I don’t buy frozen, only fresh

it does not matter to us the date if any of the sons can come visit
We are open to whatever few days they have available

If December does not work for them, I’m good with this month or January to see them!
Can put the tree up any of those 3 months
Can celebrate the holidays when they can come !

Oh I know you`ll love to see them anytime they visit mac.......it`s difficult when work invades family time. When we first left the country, we came back and celebrated it when we could.....usually early December or January....didn`t matter as long as we celebrated.

Yep, tree can stay up long as you need it!

Thank you Robbie, yes the foot is back to normal now, as always these things take time, but I was lucky and healed quickly. Hope you get some relief soon, time to take it easy after all the decorating....your pictures are lovely as always, food looks amazing and no doubt all went down very well, and interesting visit to the Santa Claus place, beautiful and some fascinating candy......lol......love me some Michael Myers!!!

Those potato chips sound divine!!

I adore The Nutcracker.....an old classic and so enchanting.

Keep well.......

Very full after dinner now. I got that recipe years ago, adapted it and omitted most of the original ingredients, especially potatoes......I think mine is better.......lol......

Got some more parcels coming tomorrow and I may or may not have ordered some more...enjoying this online shopping. But, plan to do some real shopping tomorrow for bits and pieces, I even have a list which is a start.

Rain forecast tomorrow, but no plans to walk. Then hopefully get the bulk of my purchases wrapped.

Lazy night ahead for us......

So if I get in my car now and drive north, will there be any food left by the time I get there

lol

Absolutely

OH. MY. HEAVENS!!!
What's your address Robo? I'm jumping in the car!

There is always room at my table for the Sans family. Come on.

I picked up a luggage scale at Target this morning. I have a feeling Spirit will be a stickler for weight restrictions.... Almost time to put some clothes in the suitcase, and see if I can actually lift it, LOL!!

You would be surprised at how heavy the bag feels to pick up then when put on the scale you have a bit more poundage to pack.

I try to edit (sometimes works sometimes not) when I pack and still have plenty in the suitcase.

I marvel at people who walk in the Resort lobby with a very small rolling suitcase for a week.

Guilty as charged!!!

cv22-S.jpg

My wallet would take a huge beating from a place like this!!! So cool!!!

Mine kinda of did.....LOL

Your decorations should be featured on a show!!

Thank You

Thank you Robbie, yes the foot is back to normal now, as always these things take time, but I was lucky and healed quickly. Hope you get some relief soon, time to take it easy after all the decorating....your pictures are lovely as always, food looks amazing and no doubt all went down very well, and interesting visit to the Santa Claus place, beautiful and some fascinating candy......lol......love me some Michael Myers!!!

Thank you Carole. Glad to hear your foot is better. Halloween Party was nice and everyone enjoyed the food.

I know Mikey is your guy. Thought of you when I saw that at the Candy Castle. Couldn’t believe they had special Halloween themed candy.

They are delicious. It’s one of those heat building taste experiences. They are addictive.

Guilty as charged!!!

Me too especially when packing my luggage and all my shopping when I leave. Most of the shopping is for Christmas....well most of it :ssst:

Not sure if I remember reading your birthday is this week or not, but wanted to make sure to wish you a happy birthday.

View attachment 621821

I had my both my knees replaced a few years ago. The right knees hardware has been clicking a bit on and off. It’s a bit swollen. Left foot is an issue too. Will just rest them a bit. If don’t improve will see the Orthopedic doc who did the surgery to check things out. The doc who put in my knee joints used the ones that were being used in athletes at the time of my surgery. He said I should get 25 to 30 years out of them.

Yes, celebrating and being comfortable in our skin is something to celebrate as women for sure.

These Grippo barbecue chips are addictive and hot. I don’t eat them very often.

View attachment 621844

Thank you. It was Tuesday.

Oh gosh. Knee replacement sounds so scary. Knees are so important. I hope they get to feeling better without having to visit the doctor.

I have never had/heard of Grippos.

Your Halloween spread and xmas decorations look amazing! That town you visited is so cute.

Have a super birthday Sonia!!!!
View attachment 621880

Belated happy birthday Soniam

My memory is shot so can’t remember if I sent you birthday wishes or not

I’m covering my butt there …….

I never want to overlook if I missed a bd greeting to any of the homies here!

We almost have front steps. Yay!! I think he will probably finish them tomorrow.

I am looking forward to a quiet weekend. Dh will spend most of Saturday in a theater rehearsal, so I don't have to put up with college football for most of the day. I have no plans for the weekend with the exception of taking B to dinner on Sunday.

Hope work goes fast and not bored.
I started working on the therapists schedules for next year. Not bored, but it does get frustrating at times.

Oh, love that purse! I'm sure B will too!!
I think it's perfect for her. It's her favorite color and HP, but not overtly HP.

My hubby kinda of threw up his hands many moons ago on the Halloween and Christmas decoration schedules. I usually have Halloween up by first week of September and Christmas first week November. He is really sweet. After I get decorations up he will go around and look at them and tell me he likes them.
Can you come over and decorate for me? I actually don't know when or if we will be able to put up Christmas decorations. It all depends on when we can get the new floor installed

I bought the Hipster with Hogwarts on it and the Hedwig change purse.
I wish that pattern came in the little Hipster. I'm afraid the bag might be a little bigger than what B wants.

I hope they are all able to come visit soon.

Here’s Halloween spread.
That is awesome.

Christmas decorations
They are all so beautiful. I wish I had your decorating skills.

I picked up a luggage scale at Target this morning.
That was one of the best little investments we made.

Happy belated birthday to Soniam.

I love that word! I use it too often apparently......lol.....

Also...might need to be a copycat.....love that mug!! Yes, we pack for all kinds of weather....and the reason we are glad to have 4 x 50lb luggage allowance lol....

Did I hear Creme Brulee???? Lush!!!

LOVE that meme!!! Ain`t it the truth.......

Nobody likes mint in this house in any shape or form......not even in a cocktail......always ask for no mint, same with cilantro......bleurgh......

Think I told you earlier, I admire your DH more and more....... ::yes::

Oh I know you`ll love to see them anytime they visit mac.......it`s difficult when work invades family time. When we first left the country, we came back and celebrated it when we could.....usually early December or January....didn`t matter as long as we celebrated.

Yep, tree can stay up long as you need it!

I adore The Nutcracker.....an old classic and so enchanting.

Keep well.......

Very full after dinner now. I got that recipe years ago, adapted it and omitted most of the original ingredients, especially potatoes......I think mine is better.......lol......

Got some more parcels coming tomorrow and I may or may not have ordered some more...enjoying this online shopping. But, plan to do some real shopping tomorrow for bits and pieces, I even have a list which is a start.

Rain forecast tomorrow, but no plans to walk. Then hopefully get the bulk of my purchases wrapped.

Lazy night ahead for us......
No mint, not even in a fresh mojito?? Lol!

Absolutely

There is always room at my table for the Sans family. Come on.

You would be surprised at how heavy the bag feels to pick up then when put on the scale you have a bit more poundage to pack.

I try to edit (sometimes works sometimes not) when I pack and still have plenty in the suitcase.

I marvel at people who walk in the Resort lobby with a very small rolling suitcase for a week.
I'm just under 45 pounds.....I still have 5 to go!!
Maybe I should save the 5 pounds for souvenirs....

Yes, I could never make do with a carryon size for vacation.
Maybe at the beach, if all I needed was swimsuits and flip flops.... maybe.

Oh gosh. Knee replacement sounds so scary. Knees are so important. I hope they get to feeling better without having to visit the doctor.

I have never had/heard of Grippos.

Your Halloween spread and xmas decorations look amazing! That town you visited is so cute.

I hope you had a really nice birthday and did something nice with family :flower3:

No mint, not even in a fresh mojito?? Lol!
View attachment 621922

I'm just under 45 pounds.....I still have 5 to go!!
Maybe I should save the 5 pounds for souvenirs....

Yes, I could never make do with a carryon size for vacation.
Maybe at the beach, if all I needed was swimsuits and flip flops.... maybe.

I hope you had a really nice birthday and did something nice with family :flower3:
Thanks. It was pretty low key since it was a weekday. We just went to dinner at a nice restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter