Something About Nothing............ #14

Confession time - I have the Xanadu soundtrack on my phone.

Ah......you`re one of us.......lol..

Didn't mean to lose you...just stating some of the soundtracks I had as well as my dance collection. I'm not a Beatles fan either but remember...the movie had the Bee Gees and Peter Frampton so it wasn't a Beatles movie. :)

Make sure when you clean out that attic don't throw away or sell any of those records.

Xanadu is such a bad movie but the soundtrack is good with ELO and Olivia providing the songs.

Never seen the movie, wouldn`t have a clue who was in it to be honest. Oh goodness no, I`d never throw away anything like that, they`re precious....not valuable for the most part, but priceless to me.

Love ELO!! Listening to Supertramp right now.....

Beautiful day here now, sun came out bright after the mist disappeared, nice to see such blue skies after some dull and miserable days.

We had lots of charcuterie meats unopened from last night, so that`s lunch today.....with some nice olives.......

Never seen the movie, wouldn`t have a clue who was in it to be honest. Oh goodness no, I`d never throw away anything like that, they`re precious....not valuable for the most part, but priceless to me.

Supertramp really only had one LP "Breakfast in America" that I remember...wasn't a huge fan but liked some of their stuff.

Have you seen any recent pictures of ABBA?! They don't look all that different and who didn't like them back in the 70s? They kicked butt just like the Bee Gees!

It’s too early for me to be awake, but here I am.

Xanadu is such a bad movie but the soundtrack is good with ELO and Olivia providing the songs.
Ah......you`re one of us.......lol..
Xanadu is a guilty pleasure. I loved it when I was a kid, but watched it again as an adult and realized how incredibly bad the “plot” was. The music is great though, and it had Gene Kelly, so it wasn’t all bad.

Love ELO!!
My favorite song of all time is Mr. Blue Sky.

Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band is another guilty pleasure/bad plot/great music movie. It’s because of this movie that I started listening to other Beatles music. I like most, but not all of the Beatles.

Another confession - I am a huge fan of The Monkees and have been since I was a kid.

Xanadu is a guilty pleasure. I loved it when I was a kid, but watched it again as an adult and realized how incredibly bad the “plot” was. The music is great though, and it had Gene Kelly, so it wasn’t all bad.

Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band is another guilty pleasure/bad plot/great music movie. It’s because of this movie that I started listening to other Beatles music. I like most, but not all of the Beatles.

Another confession - I am a huge fan of The Monkees and have been since I was a kid.
I liked the Monkees too...I even got their "Monkees Greatest Hits" album one year for Easter. The show was campy and pure kitsch and I still enjoy watching it from time to time.

I think my favorite ELO song is "Turn To Stone" but "Don't Bring Me Down" was big too.

Supertramp really only had one LP "Breakfast in America" that I remember...wasn't a huge fan but liked some of their stuff.

Have you seen any recent pictures of ABBA?! They don't look all that different and who didn't like them back in the 70s? They kicked butt just like the Bee Gees!

That`s the one!! Love the Logical Song and of course Breakfast in America.....

Yes, the guys look amazing, the ladies have had a few filters to help them a little, I was shocked how little Anni-Frid looked, she did look more her age than the others. Don`t get me wrong still good for their age......they sound ok too.

I still have most of Abba`s songs on our 80`s chip in the car.......always sing along to all of them.....especially Dancing Queen.......classic!

Tom is a huge Monkees fan.....poor guy never gets to listen to them as I`m not a fan.......

Xanadu is a fab song, been many years since I`ve watched it......

That`s the one!! Love the Logical Song and of course Breakfast in America.....

Yes, the guys look amazing, the ladies have had a few filters to help them a little, I was shocked how little Anni-Frid looked, she did look more her age than the others. Don`t get me wrong still good for their age......they sound ok too.

I still have most of Abba`s songs on our 80`s chip in the car.......always sing along to all of them.....especially Dancing Queen.......classic!

Tom is a huge Monkees fan.....poor guy never gets to listen to them as I`m not a fan.......

Xanadu is a fab song, been many years since I`ve watched it......
I'm pretty sure I still have that album and two of ABBA's..."Greatest Hits" and "Voulez Vous". Those are both pretty good.

I didn't get a lot of albums until Columbia House came out with their get 12 or 13 records for a penny deal...when I loaded up. Unfortunately I didn't take care of some as I should have and were lost. :(

Good morning homies!

Afternoon mac......:sunny:

Tell me you have some glorious weather ahead for you......I can dream of the heat and sunshine you get there.....

Our sunshine was short lived, well, it`ll be dark in a couple of hours anyway, actually less than that now. This day has just disappeared so quickly.

Beef is slowly roasting away for dinner tonight, Prime Rib is always a hit with all the trimmings on a Sunday.

Having hot chocolate this afternoon with all the trimmings too, but sweet this time.......might put the tv on and watch a dvd........

A quick vacation stop in!

Christmas celebrations and decorations are in full swing at the parks! I heard holiday music playing all over the place, so nice!

I went to IOA for early entry since I was awake. Not really worth it for me....Velocicoaster was down and Hagrids was 120 minute wait by 8:20. And much of the park is blocked off until 9am anyway.

The international visitors are back!!! I feel like the parks are going to be quite busy from this point forward.

Random: (The small Halloween store in IAO just outside of the HP area is still open....may pop in later to see what deals may be had.)

Carole had let me know that HRH is undergoing renovations. I hadn't heard, and the hotel never sent me notice. Carole was surely correct!

Part of the pool area is blocked off. You cannot take the shortcut from the pool onto the walking path. You need to go all the way to the Woodstock Lawn area. It does add a few extra minutes to the walk....and I rarely take the boat.

Scaffolding is on a large part of the building. A section of scaffolding begins right next to my room. Haven't heard or seen any workers yet, so it's not an intrusion. Just an eye sore.

Just next to my room the scaffolding begins

Just got a text from DH, his flight landed 10 minutes early, yay!!
He's being picked up from the airport by Tony Hinds service, so he should be heading to the hotel soon!!

More later!!!

Christmas celebrations and decorations are in full swing at the parks! I heard holiday music playing all over the place, so nice!

I went to IOA for early entry since I was awake. Not really worth it for me....Velocicoaster was down and Hagrids was 120 minute wait by 8:20. And much of the park is blocked off until 9am anyway.

The international visitors are back!!! I feel like the parks are going to be quite busy from this point forward.

Random: (The small Halloween store in IAO just outside of the HP area is still open....may pop in later to see what deals may be had.)

Carole had let me know that HRH is undergoing renovations. I hadn't heard, and the hotel never sent me notice. Carole was surely correct!

Part of the pool area is blocked off. You cannot take the shortcut from the pool onto the walking path. You need to go all the way to the Woodstock Lawn area. It does add a few extra minutes to the walk....and I rarely take the boat.

Scaffolding is on a large part of the building. A section of scaffolding begins right next to my room. Haven't heard or seen any workers yet, so it's not an intrusion. Just an eye sore.
View attachment 622662

View attachment 622663

He's being picked up from the airport by Tony Hinds service, so he should be heading to the hotel soon!!

More later!!!

Thanks for the update Lori.....I`ve been waiting to update the HRH thread.....do you mind if I copy your pictures and put them on the thread, or you can if you like......I was told, as I told you they would try and limit disruption of course, but yes, it`s certainly an eye sore.

One person told me works would be complete by May, another said it would be longer.....who knows.

Glad you landed safely and are all settled in....and it sounds lovely with all the Christmas music and atmosphere.....have an absolute blast and welcome to your DH.......

Yay, live reporting from Paris. Love to hear the holiday music and decor. Yep, may be more crowds now the borders are open.

Well neither kid is in movement mode. Told little one, if she does not go, can’t complain of the grocery choices made. Have been accused that when older one and I shop, we got nothing she wanted to eat. The are you ready alarm going off again soon. Though I know if little one will come with me, it will be that we don’t get moving until much closer to lunchtime. As then the grocery stop will include a lunch out stop too. Oh and a coffee stop in there too. Hmmm. Off I go. Gotta see who will move first for me.

Good morning Mac. Hope all is well with you.

Yay for Metro chilling today, and helping out a neighbor.

Winnie the Pooh day. With the blustery wind, will feel even colder than that 41 degrees shown on the thermometer. Sigh. But the sun is still shining enough, sunglasses alert.

Aaaaaaaand........you lost me! I detest the Beatles :duck:and I know , I know......you`re supposed to love them, I however don`t. My favourite niece who was born in 83 is a massive fan of them, and also led to her being an Oasis fan I believe, but she`s always amazed I can`t abide them....nor The Who......lol....but I did introduce her to Madonna when she was a baba and I take credit for her being a huge Madonna fan too.

But I do love Xanandu and most other similar ilks.

Not a huge Beatles fan either. I like some of their stuff but don't own any of it. However, I love Lennon, and I actually like some of the Wings stuff.

Now I have Xanadu stuff in my head :rotfl2:

ELO was my first album as a kid. It was one of the little singles, 45, and it was translucent blue. Still love them though.

Oh, Supertramp! Another soundtrack of my youth.

View attachment 622662

View attachment 622663

More later!!!

Glad you made it in and are having a good time. Ugh! about the renovations. Is the scaffolding on the pool side rooms? We have a pool view room. Well, at least I paid for one. It might be a scaffolding view now:( If we are on a high floor, which we usually are, we just take the elevator to the lobby, cut down the outside stairs near the Palm, and cut through the parking lot. I know they say you are not supposed to, but no one has ever said anything. Plus, we always have a car parked there, so I feel I have plausible deniability about going that route.

Got most of my packing and son's done. Need to get my vitamins/medicines together, fold shirts, and put last stuff into suitcase. I need to weigh the suitcase. I have an electric tea kettle, a stainless tea thermos, and a tripod in it. It weighed about 43lbs for my 4 night HHN trip. Although, I think I had coins for pressed pennies in there then. I have more clothes this time though. I might be able to put the thermos or tea kettle into DH or DS suitcase, but I would have to use the coffee pot for tea for 1 morning, assuming their flight is not canceled.

I decided to bring a plastic theme park shopping bag. Last time, I had my little Loungefly backpack, camera backpack, and a small bag with the big lens. They announced that absolutely only 2 carry-on items. I kind of hid the big lens behind me when I gave them my boarding pass. I never put anything above; it all goes under the seat. However, I decided to bring the plastic bag, because my Loungefly and the lens bag would fit into and meet the letter of the law:sad2:

Yay, Son in packing mode! Hehe, little one seemed to have all in her carry on bag, as I put all her cosmetic stuff in my check in bag, as she was only staying a few days while I was there. Well, I seem to have had to take back some of the clothes she didn’t take back. Safe travels!

Ack, it’s a Monday. As soon as I logged in, stupid laptop said needs to upgrade connection and you may be disconnected for a few minutes. Think it ended with me signed in? Nope. Twice it is then. Yeah, a Monday.

And so, even with that updated connection, that up well before the sun, and enjoying a cup of tea. Yep, a routine week day.

Thus, with a holiday one the week after, I surely need a shorter week this week. Highly thinking to do so. As next week will be a even shorter one. Yay, getting to be that holiday time.

Marvelous Monday homies. And bring a jacket and an umbrella. Temp is 40, and it’s raining.

:umbrella: Good Morning all. Hoping this finds you having perfect weather, and feeling happy.

Monday again. DH woke me up too early this morning. He would not be a good ninja.
Last night we took B to a hibachi restaurant (similar to Benihana) for her birthday. A couple of young guys were sat at out table and one of them was someone she knew from high school. He just had his 21st birthday the day before B. They attend the same university, but never see each other since he is a music major.

Awesome. I wish I could be there.

A bit of a bummer, but I guess it has to be done sometime.

Got most of my packing and son's done
Have a great trip.

I'm up too early and now I have time to kill before work. Guess I could unload the dishwasher.

Good Monday morning everyone :wave2:
A5940707-386D-40FC-90C4-6883A4342D90.jpeg

Can you come over and decorate for me? I actually don't know when or if we will be able to put up Christmas decorations. It all depends on when we can get the new floor installed

I hope you are able to get your floor done soon.

I wish that pattern came in the little Hipster. I'm afraid the bag might be a little bigger than what B wants.

I went online to Vera Bradley and I did not see a lot in those new Potter patterns. Did you see the two blankets. One was a thinner blanket in the design I bought and the other was the Hedwig blanket that had the soft warmer lining. I saw both of them at Dillard’s and they are both nice.

I'm just under 45 pounds.....I still have 5 to go!!
Maybe I should save the 5 pounds for souvenirs....

Yep, keep some room for souvenirs.

So, B's birthday is on Sunday. I ordered her a cupcake bouquet to be delivered

Happy birthday to B. Those cupcakes are beautiful. She will be surprised.

1A0BE400-525F-46E2-9E49-417B45110F39.gif

621C8861-4AE6-4D72-BB44-694A26F437CA.jpeg

hey all! my LR is fully decorated, let GD have at it. Liking the look, quite cheery.

Great to hear your Christmas decorations are up. I bet it looks great.

oh, my guy was really dragging those feet this week. surprised to hear him admit how festive everything looked when it was all said & done :).

Yep, once things are decorated they usually come around.

Did another Taeget run, and decided should pick up a bag of gingerbread cookie mix, as one is enough for as many small gingerbread men we do. Just as I was picking it up out of the box, some lady reached in front of me and grabbed the last two. She remarked she was looking all over for them. Yeah, but at least let me get my hand out of the box that had a bag in it. And so, was glad I guess I bought it. We won’t be baking for another month, but the bag won’t go bad. Plus, one more thing I don’t need to buy later.

So sad people have to be so aggressive and rude when shopping. There always seems to be that one person.

This week, we get to see the light show at the large zoo. Opening night we have a reservation for. Will have a hot chocolate bar and cookies to partake as we stroll around. I’m hoping the weather holds, as predicted.

Sounds like a fun evening Lynne. Enjoy

Sounds magical

So sorry to hear they are doing construction while you are there hopefully it will not be an issue for you.

Enjoy yourself and have the best time.

The pool area was in serious need of a refurb.

Say hi to the Minions for me.

6960323C-C7E3-4A44-AA91-A9F7114486E8.jpeg

Happy packing Soniam you will be on your way before you know it.

It’s a little gloomy this morning. The temp was 36 when I woke up. The high today is supposed to be 52. We will be in the 70’s on Wednesday...weather is a bit all over the place.

I watched little J on Friday. We went to the Mall and walked around a little. The Mall here is never busy. I take bleach wipes with me and wipe down the little rides inside and he really enjoys riding them especially the Carousel.

It was a pretty quiet weekend here. So restful weekend.

Meeting granddaughter for lunch today. She is pretty busy so always glad to visit with her.

Shout out to Tink, MAC, Carole, Metro, Pumpkin and all the Sans family. Have a wonderful Monday.

Aw, Sweet you enjoyed the mall with little J. Bet he’s getting much bigger, Robo. And enjoy lunch with your granddaughter. Nice she can make time with you. Yeah, our weather has been all over too, with rain in the forecasts. But we should also be warmer for a few days before going back to that much cooler temps.

Hope your work is not so busy today, Charade. Dinner at those places are always nice, as good pick B made for her birthday meal.

Trash day indeed. Heard two of the 4, as 4 this time, due to the trash truck that came to suck all the leaves off the curbs. That truck will make it 4 for the next 2 pick up times, than back to the 3 normal trash trucks.

Bought some supplies for our baking and picked up cranberries, as all like it with our turkey dinner. They will surely keep in the refrigerator. Hoping the kids will make a drop off run to my sister this week. The less I have to tote on Thanksgiving, is nice. I can have a bad forgot to bring that feeling sometimes. So, a short list it should be. I will go up in the mid morning though, to help.

Monday, ugh. But at least no umbrella needed, and hoping true when I do my lunchtime walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter