Something About Nothing............ #14

hehe
we could talk about how GA bulldog pulled off a huge upset last night for the national championship. Stunning Alabama, a powerhouse…hasn’t happened since I believe 1980. Toss in that the winning coach was an assistant for the other. I could go on :)

yummo i was happy with my strawberry oatmeal, now I feel downright cheated. Having that killer left over cheese soup today. Made a beef roast for the mr to pick at today & tomorrow. Turkey soup for youngest down with a bit of a bug. So nice to find broth & some leftover turkey in the freezer to help speed that along This am.

i think? Lol. Won’t know for sure until next week or earlier once an approval has been issued. No idea it was a such a mess for many.

three miles nothing to sneeze at IMO! it was two degrees when i woke up today. Wah. Much warmer now, 22 woooooo; a heat wave.

i like to listen to music in the kitchen. We eat in the DR or LR

LR, two of the BRs, Den & Game Room here. Really only use LR & one BR Sets daily. Mr has a computer monitor that is a tv in disguise in his man cave. Don’t think he uses it for that tho, have to mirror a phone’s access for content, far too much trouble

Hope your boy feels better soon :hug:.....your soup will do the trick! I still have some of the broth I made last weekend in the freezer, will make up some more chicken soup this weekend, you can really taste the difference when it`s taken time to make.

That is cold......love the sound of your heatwave........lol.....we`ll have 48f tomorrow morning, that will feel tropical, so will get back out walking again as there`s no wind, plan to do more than 3 miles though, although yes, good enough for a second walk this year.

We vary between the dining room and kitchen for eating.....breakfast tends to be the kitchen always unless we`re having folks over for brunch, which isn`t an every week event.

Muffins were delicious I have to say....and I think calorie free..... :p Betcha that beef is delicious!!

:wave2: Tuesday afternoon stop in!

I blinked and the weekend was finished and Monday rolled in, and I was busy with - well, I really can't remember, but I was busy all day lol

Weekend was great. As great as it could be- given my surprise was a weekend with my mom and sisters - who didn't make it as their flight was cancelled due to flight crews coming down with covid :confused3 Go figure!!! Oh well, it was as good as it could have been given to circumstances beyond anyone's control. We are planning a different weekend when we can all do it again in March.

We did a paint night on Friday night. Saturday was shopping followed by an amazing supper at a local fancy shmancy place. It's kind of like "The Grizwalds" go to a fancy restaurant lol. It was great. Dh's brother and his family were in the city for our neice's ringette again. So they joined us for supper. Then home early on Sunday as it was snowing.blowing. So it was a nail biting, griping the dashboard/seat drive home. I was the extra eyes to watch out for vehicles and wildlife.

But we made it home!!!!

Shopping was a beautiful necklace with pendant for my birthday present. With my birthday being after xmas, ( and ds's is next week, other ds is in February etc etc etc) and having many other birthdays in Jan/Feb and tired from spending money at xmas, I usually don't get much. But dh has spoiled me this year. I also received a bouquet of roses today as well. Dinner out tonight at our favorite local steak house = The 50th birthday polooza will end in the morning!!!!

At least we are coming out of our cold snap. We are at more tolerable around 32F weather. Honestly, I feel like breaking out the flip flops it feels soo much warmer than what we had. At least we will be warmer for the next 2 weeks according to the forecast. But that could change at a moments notice.

B is safely back in the dorm tonight. Classes start tomorrow.
I hope the return to classes and dorms goes well. It is a hard balance of finding some normalcy again and staying safe.
hen not much ahead, this is such a quiet time of the year.....everyone hibernates and some are doing Dry January.......nope, not doing that again.....miserable. February isn`t much better to be honest, but before too long it`ll be starting to get brighter and lighter again and folks will be back to normal.
I was just talking to dh about that last night. We can notice that when we leave work now, it's not nearly soooo dark. I love it when mid Feb hits and we really start to notice the increase of daylight.
Got a few things to do this morning so will be heading inland a little where it can be like a different world at times. The town we`re going to has it`s own little micro climate, we can have no snow on the coast and they can be a foot deep, and they`re not too far away from us, about 15-20 minutes by car.
I can relate. We are in the foothills of the Rockie Mountains. We seem to have our own little climate world. If we drive a half hour out of the city, the weather changes - Go figure!!!!
ust back from a long snowmobiling weekend - very cold a few nights....low of -12. But we had nice warm gear on and then a nice fire back at the cabin when we returned so it was still fun. Busy week at work ahead after being out Thursday and Friday. Still quite cold - it is 0 degrees but -16 with wind chill - so I'm glad to be staying inside for work!
That sounds like fun. As much as I hate the cold. I don't mind riding around on groomed trails. I know dh thinks they are boring. But then again, he and ds ride in the Mountains. I sit on pins and needles until I get the text from his satellite phone that they are back at camp. I hate that they do that. Every year there are a few deaths from avalaches. Sigh...I hate that they love it so much. It scares the ever living cr@p out of me.

Well, I should go catch up on @schumigirl 's trip report. That was my plan to do on our road trip, but with the weather as it was, that was not happening.

Have a great day everyone!!! Stay safe!!!!

Aw, Pumpkin, sounds like a great birthday weekend, beautiful flowers and beautiful necklace. Sad flight was cancelled, but I think that’s going to happen more frequently for awhile. Yeah, after that so busy and nice weekend, I can see why Monday just passed ya by, and already Tuesday.

I’m not complaining. Shorter weeks for me. Yay! And even though Schumi thought it was a Wednesday, that camel said he’s been vacationing, but won’t miss his day reminder. So I’m glad the week is just sailing by quickly.

Ah if ever a meal of easy, and on our coldest day in some time, pasta it is. I rarely own make it, but we found a bag of frozen cheese ravioli in the freezer, that we all enjoy. Plus, since frozen fresh, a 5 minute heat up in a boiling pot of water. Zap red gravy I made the other day, shredded parmigiana, and yay, a warm dinner was had. Good things come from the depths of the feeezer, Keisha. LoL Sending get well wishes to your youngest. Mom’s soup should do wonders.

Ooh teapot ready. Like that our stove boils water pretty quickly. So, yay tea for me. You’d think that coldest night would have me baking. Nope. We actually don’t have any flour. I toss what I don’t use after our baking weekend. And just bake from a box or from premade dough. Have not thought about baking sweet lately. Most nights, we don’t have dessert. I think we still have some chocolate around, and darn family finished my tandycakes without telling me, and left the empty box. Darn, would have been a nice sweet with my tea. Sigh. Not feeling chocolate either. And so, will be sipping my tea, and seeing what to view on this cold night. Tired of watching the news, as not much new news different from the early morning news I always listen to in the wee hour I get up, and that news channel gives the news in repeated about 20 minute segments, with traffic on the two’s. Hehe, whenever I’m rocking to the music in my car, I turn to that news channel right around a two time, to hear what the traffic report is. Then may change my plans or know why the traffic is so heavy, before going back to music a few minutes later. So still that time of year, many repeats are shown, including those as early as 2015. Eh, sometimes even if I remember the show, I still may keep it on.

But it is getting longer sunlight days. Sunset is now very close to 5 pm. Not that long ago, we were seeing sunset around 4:30pm. And like Schumi, a gorgeous clear night. And yes, it’s 16 degrees out. Saw the sky for a few minutes on our front stoop, then back inside to warm up. But nice to see the stars and other in the sky. Yep, some very high and not so high, planes. But where I am, there’s a lot of other light to make it not as dark as it could be. But still dark out. Already.

And so, it’s a evening time for me too, thus wishing all a very quiet night and a good nights sleep. That good night sleep wish includes my DH. He was quite the restless sleeper last night. I may have taken a little nap after work. Most of the time I can go back to sleep quick after he wakes me up, but last night took me awhile to. Sigh. But I’ve been with him more then half my life, including being married 30 years next month. If ever time flies, I can’t believe how long it’s been, 30 years in the blink of the eye.

Good night homies.

Shout out to Tink! I see she’s been bopping in with likes:). Hope all is wel in your world.

As great as it could be- given my surprise was a weekend with my mom and sisters - who didn't make it as their flight was cancelled due to flight crews coming down with covid :confused3 Go figure!!! Oh well, it was as good as it could have been given to circumstances beyond anyone's control. We are planning a different weekend when we can all do it again in March.
oh dear, not the best start, keep up that positive attitude!
It's kind of like "The Grizwalds" go to a fancy restaurant lol. It was great.
nwahahaha I’ve been out with family/friends and said a silent prayer beforehand they behave.
But dh has spoiled me this year. I also received a bouquet of roses today as well. Dinner out tonight at our favorite local steak house = The 50th birthday polooza will end in the morning!!!!
aw that is so sweet, you have a real keeper there!
Good things come from the depths of the feeezer, Keisha. LoL Sending get well wishes to your youngest. Mom’s soup should do wonders.
with the supply issues, it’s like finding gold in there lately
Like that our stove boils water pretty quickly
i have one burner on stove that is amped Up. Looks like the others but, a really high heat. Beyond me why they just didn’t make them all that way lol.
I can’t believe how long it’s been, 30 years in the blink of the eye.
that’s when you know you’ve made a good marriage. sympathies as to the tossing & turning. when i do finally fall into a deep sleep, find I wake up in exactly the same position. Sleep like the dead as my mom would put it lol

Good evening everyone. Another fairly quiet day today. The only "excitement" is we have a new house problem. The tree in our backyard and the shrubs in the front have both been damaged by the recent snow. I am now getting quotes to have the tree pruned and possibly replacing the shrubs in the front. The arborist I spoke to today said that the shrubs are difficult to prune and the 2 I have are really too large for the space they are in. I am going to see what the other professionals say before I make a decision.

Oh you should have another tv!
We are good with just the one. Only once in awhile dh and I want to watch different things at the same time.

Weather. Winter. Yes, cold air is here.
We may be getting more snow this weekend. Right now the forecast is saying 3-5 inches on Sunday. Sunday sounds like a day for chili.

We have tv’s in the bedroom, living room and kitchen
None in the bathroom
I can't imagine having one in the bathroom unless someone wants to watch TV while talking a long soak in the tub.

we could talk about how GA bulldog pulled off a huge upset last night for the national championship. Stunning Alabama, a powerhouse…hasn’t happened since I believe 1980. Toss in that the winning coach was an assistant for the other.
Would you believe I fell asleep before the game was over? I briefly attended Georgia Tech, so I didn't want UGA to win, but don't care anything about Alabama either. Oh well, several of my friends are happy.

Shopping was a beautiful necklace with pendant for my birthday present. With my birthday being after xmas, ( and ds's is next week, other ds is in February etc etc etc) and having many other birthdays in Jan/Feb and tired from spending money at xmas, I usually don't get much. But dh has spoiled me this year. I also received a bouquet of roses today as well. Dinner out tonight at our favorite local steak house = The 50th birthday polooza will end in the morning!!!!
Sounds like you had a really awesome 50th. Those roses are beautiful.

I am going to try to get to sleep a little early tonight. I have to get up early in the morning. It's ADR day.

:wave2: Tuesday afternoon stop in!

I blinked and the weekend was finished and Monday rolled in, and I was busy with - well, I really can't remember, but I was busy all day lol

Weekend was great. As great as it could be- given my surprise was a weekend with my mom and sisters - who didn't make it as their flight was cancelled due to flight crews coming down with covid :confused3 Go figure!!! Oh well, it was as good as it could have been given to circumstances beyond anyone's control. We are planning a different weekend when we can all do it again in March.

We did a paint night on Friday night. Saturday was shopping followed by an amazing supper at a local fancy shmancy place. It's kind of like "The Grizwalds" go to a fancy restaurant lol. It was great. Dh's brother and his family were in the city for our neice's ringette again. So they joined us for supper. Then home early on Sunday as it was snowing.blowing. So it was a nail biting, griping the dashboard/seat drive home. I was the extra eyes to watch out for vehicles and wildlife.

But we made it home!!!!

At least we are coming out of our cold snap. We are at more tolerable around 32F weather. Honestly, I feel like breaking out the flip flops it feels soo much warmer than what we had. At least we will be warmer for the next 2 weeks according to the forecast. But that could change at a moments notice.

I hope the return to classes and dorms goes well. It is a hard balance of finding some normalcy again and staying safe.

I was just talking to dh about that last night. We can notice that when we leave work now, it's not nearly soooo dark. I love it when mid Feb hits and we really start to notice the increase of daylight.

I can relate. We are in the foothills of the Rockie Mountains. We seem to have our own little climate world. If we drive a half hour out of the city, the weather changes - Go figure!!!!

That sounds like fun. As much as I hate the cold. I don't mind riding around on groomed trails. I know dh thinks they are boring. But then again, he and ds ride in the Mountains. I sit on pins and needles until I get the text from his satellite phone that they are back at camp. I hate that they do that. Every year there are a few deaths from avalaches. Sigh...I hate that they love it so much. It scares the ever living cr@p out of me.

Well, I should go catch up on @schumigirl 's trip report. That was my plan to do on our road trip, but with the weather as it was, that was not happening.

Have a great day everyone!!! Stay safe!!!!
View attachment 638070

Sounds like a lovely weekend pumpkin, but it`s a shame your mum and sisters couldn`t make it.......and you have another weekend ahead in March which will be lovely. I`m laughing at your Griswolds description......lol......

Glad your weather is on the up, although still sounds so cold! Yes, it`s not too long till we start to see those slight changes ahead in the mornings too.

Flowers are beautiful, it`s so lovely to be spoiled like that and you deserve it, especially as it was your 50th.......glad you got back home safely with no incidents.

Shout out to Tink! I see she’s been bopping in with likes:). Hope all is wel in your world.

oh dear, not the best start, keep up that positive attitude!

nwahahaha I’ve been out with family/friends and said a silent prayer beforehand they behave.

aw that is so sweet, you have a real keeper there!

with the supply issues, it’s like finding gold in there lately

i have one burner on stove that is amped Up. Looks like the others but, a really high heat. Beyond me why they just didn’t make them all that way lol.

that’s when you know you’ve made a good marriage. sympathies as to the tossing & turning. when i do finally fall into a deep sleep, find I wake up in exactly the same position. Sleep like the dead as my mom would put it lol

Yes, I see tink has been popping in......... :wave2:

Oh I can do that too.....wake up in the same position I fell asleep in......Tom very rarely disturbs me.......last night I was shattered, but did hear Kyle come in ever so briefly. Straight back to sleep.

Good evening everyone. Another fairly quiet day today. The only "excitement" is we have a new house problem. The tree in our backyard and the shrubs in the front have both been damaged by the recent snow. I am now getting quotes to have the tree pruned and possibly replacing the shrubs in the front. The arborist I spoke to today said that the shrubs are difficult to prune and the 2 I have are really too large for the space they are in. I am going to see what the other professionals say before I make a decision.

We are good with just the one. Only once in awhile dh and I want to watch different things at the same time.

We may be getting more snow this weekend. Right now the forecast is saying 3-5 inches on Sunday. Sunday sounds like a day for chili.

I can't imagine having one in the bathroom unless someone wants to watch TV while talking a long soak in the tub.

Would you believe I fell asleep before the game was over? I briefly attended Georgia Tech, so I didn't want UGA to win, but don't care anything about Alabama either. Oh well, several of my friends are happy.

Sounds like you had a really awesome 50th. Those roses are beautiful.

I am going to try to get to sleep a little early tonight. I have to get up early in the morning. It's ADR day.

Ah I thought the way you were speaking you were complaining about only having one tv.......

Yes, get the professionals in, they tend to know best. We have a local firm or arborists who do a very good job, we trust them so don`t need the faff of getting other quotes, but hope you get a firm that`s decent.

Good luck with your ADR`s.

Yep, slept like the preverbial rock last night and woke to a not as cold morning again. At 6am we have 44f, but will only go as high as 46, but for this time of year it`s almost tropical.

So, plan to walk properly this morning, back to 6 miles as it is going to be mild with no breeze which will be ideal for walking. The shorefront was busier than expected yesterday for the time of year, but not surprising as the sun was shining.

Another quiet day ahead.......I can`t wait till January and February are over and we all start to meet up more often. Some folks want the book group to start up this month, but think I`ll leave it till March as not many want to be leaving their homes in these dark and dreary nights, although we could stick to days for now as we had been doing. We`ll see.

No ideas for dinner yet, will decide later......might be fish.

Time for tea.......and it is definitely Wednesday today I`m assured.

i-mkRxvXj-S.jpg

cv58-M.jpg

cv65-S.jpg

Happy Wednesday 😊

536A2735-C712-4090-B8D4-857027C12BCA.jpeg

Ah yes, posing for the camera, camel. Yeah, almost jealous, as I’m sure it may be much warmer, so it looks like vacation has been good. And yay, just in time to never miss that wonderful Wednesday reminder of if ever that hump of a day feeling. That mid week ahh we can do this, with a hope that Friday feeling is quicker than the two days away it is.

And so, it’s that usual routine day, with yay, our home heater is working well, as 19 degrees out. But a warmer day it will be, as the clouds will cover the skies, making a reasonable high of 42 degrees. But as wind still giving chiller temps, now the wind chill temp is 13 degrees. A wee bit cool start to the day. Eh, even with that 20 degree warm up, winter jacket still the choice. Not my heaviest one, but the low loft jacket I have, is good until a single digit is the high. And tea. Yep, after my morning get up routine, teapot is the next, as booting up for the work hours. And yay, tomorrows Is my last day of the week day routine. Then even more happy, as a bonus Monday holiday.

That most wonderful Wednesday homies.

Good morning. ADR day went fairly well. I was able to get 2 of the dinner reservations we wanted. Had to pick a lunch reservation for another restaurant, but I will keep checking and see if a dinner reservation opens. We prefer to do dinner for full service restaurants. The only thing I wasn't able to get was the Rose and Crown fireworks package, but I'm not really surprised. I just chose another restaurant we like for that day.

Our forecast has changed and now they are calling for 5-8 inches of snow on Sunday. I need to make a grocery run because we don't have much food in the house right now.

Good to read you did get two dinner reservations set up
I have read adr’s are different to get for some of them

Late night for me so late start here today

hugs to all jik I miss not posting to you right now

You did have a late night for sure!

Hugs right back at you mac......it`s not the same when you`re busy and not posting......

Well, I do ache a little between back walking 6 miles and the new orthotics all worked together to test the old muscles!

Lovely day though, not too cold but breezier than promised. The sea was lovely though and it was a lovely walk.

Did get fish for dinner, will roast it for about 12 minutes with some lemon and seasoning, thick cod loin and some roasted veg. I discovered recently I liked artichokes after all, so got some of them too to have. Tom isn`t as keen as I am.

Time for afternoon cuppa and slice of cake.......

:wave2: quick morning stop in

My morning tea is tasting great great today and hitting the spot. Maybe it's an age thing, but I really enjoy my morning tea and catching up on what's new in the world and on the DIS boards before starting my day whether it is at home or work.

Weather is mild and beautiful. Hoping to see that yellow orb in the sky today. It has been missing for the last 3 weeks, and I'm needing some vitamin d.

It is time to start up the healthy eating now that birthday palooza and everything else is done. I think tonight will be a chicken stir fry. It's an easy and everyone eat meal. Hoping to hit the gym and get some walking in on the dreadmill. No outdoor walking here even with the mild temps. Too much snow and icy sidewalks to be safe.

Ooh teapot ready. Like that our stove boils water pretty quickly. So, yay tea for me. You’d think that coldest night would have me baking. Nope. We actually don’t have any flour. I toss what I don’t use after our baking weekend. And just bake from a box or from premade dough. Have not thought about baking sweet lately. Most nights, we don’t have dessert. I think we still have some chocolate around, and darn family finished my tandycakes without telling me, and left the empty box. Darn, would have been a nice sweet with my tea. Sigh. Not feeling chocolate either. And so, will be sipping my tea, and seeing what to view on this cold night.
I like to do both types of baking. There are some things that taste great from a box...and others taste great from scratch. We do LOVE those Ghirardelli brownie mix from a box. It is fabulous warm from the oven with a scoop of ice cream over the top. That is a requested one with our Sunday night family meal. And I love me a good cup of tea almost anytime!!!!
So, plan to walk properly this morning, back to 6 miles as it is going to be mild with no breeze which will be ideal for walking. The shorefront was busier than expected yesterday for the time of year, but not surprising as the sun was shining.
It's great your able to get out walking again. I know I have missed it the last 2 months. It made me realize how much better I felt when I was out walking regularly. Enjoy your walk and the sunshine.
Good morning. ADR day went fairly well. I was able to get 2 of the dinner reservations we wanted. Had to pick a lunch reservation for another restaurant, but I will keep checking and see if a dinner reservation opens. We prefer to do dinner for full service restaurants. The only thing I wasn't able to get was the Rose and Crown fireworks package, but I'm not really surprised. I just chose another restaurant we like for that day.
That's great!!!! I know it can be hard to find some of those reservations at times.
Dh has said he would like to do one park one day on our trip. Sigh...we are 38 ish days out. I'm going to see what I can find for Hollywood Studios for the one day! Not sure if I will buy park hopper tickets, that way we could see 2 parks. But the price of those park hopper tickets :scared1: for just one day is high!!!!!!!!!! But this is a special trip...but I'm still on the fence about it.

Well, my tea is now empty and I should get to shuffling some papers and filling out some spreadsheets.

Have a great day everyone...stay safe!!!!

:wave2: quick morning stop in

My morning tea is tasting great great today and hitting the spot. Maybe it's an age thing, but I really enjoy my morning tea and catching up on what's new in the world and on the DIS boards before starting my day whether it is at home or work.

Weather is mild and beautiful. Hoping to see that yellow orb in the sky today. It has been missing for the last 3 weeks, and I'm needing some vitamin d.

It is time to start up the healthy eating now that birthday palooza and everything else is done. I think tonight will be a chicken stir fry. It's an easy and everyone eat meal. Hoping to hit the gym and get some walking in on the dreadmill. No outdoor walking here even with the mild temps. Too much snow and icy sidewalks to be safe.

I like to do both types of baking. There are some things that taste great from a box...and others taste great from scratch. We do LOVE those Ghirardelli brownie mix from a box. It is fabulous warm from the oven with a scoop of ice cream over the top. That is a requested one with our Sunday night family meal. And I love me a good cup of tea almost anytime!!!!

It's great your able to get out walking again. I know I have missed it the last 2 months. It made me realize how much better I felt when I was out walking regularly. Enjoy your walk and the sunshine.

That's great!!!! I know it can be hard to find some of those reservations at times.
Dh has said he would like to do one park one day on our trip. Sigh...we are 38 ish days out. I'm going to see what I can find for Hollywood Studios for the one day! Not sure if I will buy park hopper tickets, that way we could see 2 parks. But the price of those park hopper tickets :scared1: for just one day is high!!!!!!!!!! But this is a special trip...but I'm still on the fence about it.

Well, my tea is now empty and I should get to shuffling some papers and filling out some spreadsheets.

Have a great day everyone...stay safe!!!!

Oh some vitamin D does us all the world of good! And yes, after all the festivities we are paying the piper now with walking again and cutting back somewhat, but still having treats. We have enjoyed some sunshine last few days and it has been lovely. Yes, we have missed it too, it`s nice to be back to normal-ish again.

I never, ever use boxes for baking.....I tried them once many years ago, and they`re a big no from me. One of my nieces who does use boxes thinks she "bakes".

I remind her that`s not "real baking" at all......lol....she laughs but she`s a lazy cook and is the type to slop everything in a pan and call it cooking.....er, no. But, she`s lovely otherwise!

Good luck with the park tickets.......

Hi everybody :wave2:

Popping in to wish everyone a belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

We had a wonderful trip...here's our crew at Garden Grill with Chip.
Have a great day everyone...time to go back to work View attachment 638320

Hey Vicki.......so good to see you post!!!

Nice picture.....although I did wonder who Chip was as I could only see the four of you.......lol......I should look closer next time!!!

Hope you`re all doing good........ :wave2:

Fish is ready to pop in the oven in about half an hour or so, smells of the sea as it should......very fresh.

Then dessert is a slice of ginger cake I made yesterday with a huge mug of tea.

And it is starting to get slightly lighter as pumpkin mentioned the other day.....around 4.30 it`s not just as pitch black as it has been. Like it.

I never, ever use boxes for baking.....I tried them once many years ago, and they`re a big no from me. One of my nieces who does use boxes thinks she "bakes".

I remind her that`s not "real baking" at all......lol....she laughs but she`s a lazy cook and is the type to slop everything in a pan and call it cooking.....er, no. But, she`s lovely otherwise!

The only mixes I ever use are for ebelskiver (danish pancakes), pancakes/waffles (it's too early in the morning to be worrying about recipes), and brownies. I only use a mix for one type of brownies. It's the Ghirardelli triple chocolate brownies. I can't find a recipe to mimic it. They are fabulous. Soft, moist, and chewy on the inside and a little crunchy on the outside. I guess we do sometimes buy the Red Lobster cheddar biscuit mix, but that's mostly because my son is the one who makes them.

The only mixes I ever use are for ebelskiver (danish pancakes), pancakes/waffles (it's too early in the morning to be worrying about recipes), and brownies. I only use a mix for one type of brownies. It's the Ghirardelli triple chocolate brownies. I can't find a recipe to mimic it. They are fabulous. Soft, moist, and chewy on the inside and a little crunchy on the outside. I guess we do sometimes buy the Red Lobster cheddar biscuit mix, but that's mostly because my son is the one who makes them.

Never used anything like that, as I find it just so easy to mix up pancake batter or whatever we`re having. I don`t tend to use recipes though as I know what to put in.

I don`t like chocolate brownies or anything chocolatey but weirdly I make an amazing brownie and flourless chocolate cake according to everyone, but don`t follow a recipe, again, haven`t for years. But, if you like them, all good.

I did ask for the recipe for the cheddar biscuits and the waitress told me just buy the box as they were so good and they only had a ready mix in their restaurant.......lol......

cv21-Th.png

I shouldn`t have had the second slice of ginger cake :blush:

However, I was chatting to one of my friends on facetime at the same time and didn`t realise I had another slice.....I`ll blame Tom for cutting me two slices in the first place! I`m completely full.

That settee is looking incredibly comfy right about now.

Lazy night ahead for sure......::yes::

About the only sweets I make are toll house chocolate cookies
If I want desserts for dinner, I buy the one slice cakes, or cobblers at Publix

It works well for me

We love Publix Dutch Apple Pie......first time I tasted it was in NY, my aunt bought it for us, never had one before that. We have bought them in Orlando too.......lush!!

They do have very good desserts in Publix.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter