Something About Nothing............ #14

View attachment 639584

View attachment 639585
fascinating to see it, makes you wonder if there is any square inch of earth not under satellite observance lol

Soniam’s dish sounds interesting, lest you wouldn’t have to worry about the meat getting chewy. might be something to explore during dental work. Anything but that hamburger helper Had a friend who had it on the table twice a week.

same, he had a bit today. Glad i portioned it out into 4 freezer containers. Can stash them & pull back out as mood strikes him.

yum, now I’m hungry. Wings up next next as is our wont during football game day. Not sure what I’m making as a side tho other than celery sticks. Cheese plate later,

absolutely, February is a horror. good luck to ur eagles, they need a burst of energy right now. I’m sure I’ll turn off our steeler game by 9 pm :rolleyes1

specifically, went to Sams to do the online scan & go. Easy Please since the mr was there to do the heavy lifting. Cats were quite happy to see me :)

quite odd. Sounds as tho you were 30 days past your actual renewal date. set up a note in your phone calendar as reminder For next year, 30 days prior tho. That’s when u should start to receive the reminders

i can’t remember the last time we sat down anywhere to eat here. just not comfy with how my fellow diners appear to be rolling. Did enjoy our takeout yesterday, juicy hoagie for the mr & loaded Stromboli for me (anchovies and nobody whining about it as when i get some on pizza when I share with my kids). Ooooh, it’s touching my pepperoni, it smells, boohoo

no power is far worse than shoveling. We were just bumped up to forecast of13 inches. Supposedly, going to start soon. let the madness begin

lol.....many a true word spoken in jest!!

We sometimes do a quicker stroganoff, but we use filet for that, seems to be just as tasty but usually we prefer to slow cook dishes like that.

And can`t quite get the fever for anchovies as a topping......lol.....now I do use them as an ingredient, but they`re completely disintegrated by the time they`ve cooked down..........I do have one friend who eats mushrooms, but put them on a pizza and she freaks out for some reason........even she`s not sure why!!

I said the same thing, everything we do is being watched....everything. Yes, we all have our comfort levels on eating out or not eating out.......I feel ok about it and even in Florida I never gave it a thought.....my poor mum was hearing horror stories on the news and was convinced we`d be coming home in a box...... :rotfl:

Hamburger helper makes me shudder!!!

feel ok about it and even in Florida I never gave it a thought....
oh, i had absolutely no issues at all in the tourist-centric areas in FL Or when flying. Believe those in the Orlando area, being so heavily dependent on the industry, are smart enough to take recommended precautions so as not to bite the hand that feeds

Here, well, things I’m observing when out are a bit too loosey-goosey for my comfort level…especially, after Davey got sick. Tongue, semi in cheek, at times it seems I live in the last bastion of reason :rolleyes1 heading east until you hit Lynne’s area.

We all gotta do, what we gotta do to sleep through the night;) Me, I’m going to pour a nice, Bloody Mary and light a candle for an early spring :flower1:

oh, i had absolutely no issues at all in the tourist-centric areas in FL Or when flying. Believe those in the Orlando area, being so heavily dependent on the industry, are smart enough to take recommended precautions so as not to bite the hand that feeds

Here, well, things I’m observing when out are a bit too loosey-goosey for my comfort level…especially, after Davey got sick. Tongue, semi in cheek, at times it seems I live in the last bastion of reason :rolleyes1 heading east until you hit Lynne’s area.

We all gotta do, what we gotta do to sleep through the night;) Me, I’m going to pour a nice, Bloody Mary and light a candle for an early spring :flower1:

Yes, you do right to avoid areas at home like that....where you have a lack of reason in other folks, well yes, best avoided.

I feel lucky here that most folks are vaxxed and restaurants are doing as much as they can, you do get a feeling most are on the same page here, which helps!!

I`m liking the sound of that bloody mary!!! Tonic water for me tonight.......after a weekend of treats, good food and fine wines.....payback time now.......lol.......

Well, our snow stopped
Think it is south of us now

which is a good thing

Streets look a bit wet but temps are still above freezing
Came back to edit snow started up again at 4:45 and it’s now a 90% of snow to midnight

Good thing I’m not a gambler
I would lose my shirt betting on a snow storm for my area

Last edited:

Our snow then freezing rain is to be this evening, then changing to just rain as temps rise overnight for a change. Stay safe Charade. That goes for Mac too. Seems all East are in a cold spell. Saw VB closed today, Monday and Tuesday as cool weather there as well. But at least the more South ya go, those cooler temps don’t stay around.

Boo birds is all I can say, Keisha. Yeah, we were almost comfortable eating our, but then, nope. Still see restaurants packed. No thank you. We do order out, though. Hope DS is feeling better.

As so cool out, thinking a pasta dinner is what all want. Fine with me. Can’t believe it’s late afternoon already. Did a BJ’s run at lunchtime, as older one wanted to go grocery shopping. Compared to yesterday, other than a huge line for gas, though part of it is because they don’t have many pumps, no line, no bare shelves, and no line to checkout. Even better, as was checking out, saw my reward money available. Yes, so less than I was expecting to pay. Score. We are more then fully stocked now. But that’s a good thing. With two men in our home, we can go through a decent amount of food in a week. Did buy fresh chicken, as such a easy meat to make lots of different meals. But after that potato brunch, I’m still full. Did make more tea, as house almost feels a bit cool. And getting dark out already too. Sigh. Spring should be here soon enough, at least that’s what I’m hoping. Warm weather? Yes, please.

I am hopeful for an early spring !

it snows here and stops
Then it starts snowing again
I would be a lousy meteorologist..

lol......I tend to just wake up and look out to see what the weather will be that day, best weather system there is......

So much for an early night.

It`s another cold one, but no frost so that`s something.........at least your snow looks pretty mac......

Hey Everybody :wave2:

It's been snowing off and on all day here...still no accumulation. It's pretty to look at but I'm glad I don't have to drive anywhere. I have a fire going in the fireplace and it's nice and cozy here.

Feeling quite lazy so I called Danielle and asked her to bring me a Philly cheesesteak for dinner...one of the advantages to having a restaurant owner in the family.

Hope mac doesn't get snowed in tonight...it's starting back up here too..

Have a great night everyone.

Hey Everybody :wave2:

It's been snowing off and on all day here...still no accumulation. It's pretty to look at but I'm glad I don't have to drive anywhere. I have a fire going in the fireplace and it's nice and cozy here.

Feeling quite lazy so I called Danielle and asked her to bring me a Philly cheesesteak for dinner...one of the advantages to having a restaurant owner in the family.

Hope mac doesn't get snowed in tonight...it's starting back up here too..

Have a great night everyone.

Hey Vicki.......always good to see you post!!

Isn`t a real fire the best!! Anything cosy, I`m there.......and yes, it`s ideal having Danielle in that industry, she`s done so well for herself. I hope we can get to meet up with ther again one day, it`s been a while. I think she had a bad leg the time we met her, a few years ago now.

Yes, snow is pretty to look at.....not so much to go out in. Hope you have a good week ahead and say hi to those lovely kids of yours from us...... :wave2:

Tink, have her bring two of those sandwiches and I’ll be at your place in an hour…..

(that is if I can get out of my drive way)

:car:

Might take me a bit longer but I`ll be there too......::yes::

It felt chilly through the night here, but looks like we are above freezing which will be ok as it`s not windy. But listening to the radio right now it`s saying it feels much colder than you think......will be wrapping up warm for sure when we head out for our walk. Think it`ll be the heavier jacket.

Watched two quite depressing youtube videos last night. One was the half homeless in Orlando, and another Streets of Philadelphia, Kensington Avenue.......jeez that was quite a hard watch, don`t recommend it. Then watched something cheerful though as didn`t want to go to bed thnking about that! One of my relatives in America sent me the links....but an interesting watch.

Got a few things to be picking up today, some fresh produce to buy and will drop in to see one of our friends as it`s her birthday, well not till Wednesday but they fly off somewhere exotic tomorrow as it`s their 30th wedding anniversary on Saturday too.......lucky them, they`ll be roasty toasty for the next 3 weeks.

And Monday again........

i-hkL5hSB-M.jpg

cv48-S.jpg

cv81-S.jpg

:rotfl:

Have a lovely Monday​

Yay, a not have to get moving fast Monday. Sleeting right now, as 29 out. Quite the windy dump of freezing and just cold rain throughout the night. That wind was howling as the rain pelted the house. But this morning, even with some sleet falling, traffic sounds like travel is not an issue. Saw the plow and salt truck go by in the early evening last night.

Haven’t taken a peak, but the wintery mix total is 7 inches of wet so far. DH came home in that icky last night. His truck has 4 wheel drive, but he said the roads were not good. Sigh. He could have stayed there, as a day to relax is his today too. I think he’ll go back soon. I told him, at least wait until daylight, which should be around now. Made him a hot breakfast, and gave him a large cup of coffee to go. He’s not a tea drinker at all. And so, it will be a quiet house again. I have no idea when the kids went to bed. Woke up a few times as heard the weather, but feel like I got a good enough sleep. Will be an earlier bedtime tonight. And a get the trash out day for us. Will be glad to roll the cans to the curb. An once a week pickup has some weeks, when we have very full cans. This is one of those weeks. Hope we will be doing it in dry conditions later today. This wet we are still having should be done soon. Then at least a 46 degree high. So any travel I feel like doing will be in the afternoon.

Most Marvelous Monday homies.

Sent out a txt to ALL my friends, well UK friends in England.........

Give me back my Neil Diamond CD and no one gets coal on their birthday!!!

Wanted to add some songs from our CD`s to the chip in the car....had a few we hadn`t thought of for a while and Neil Diamond was one of them......looked in the room where all our CD`s are stacked.....3 times.....and it`s not there.

Tom remembers "someone" borrowing it late last year but has no idea who......I will find out....... ::yes::

Very deceiving day. Doesn`t look cold, but my goodness it`s chilly and a half. Walked all the same but haven`t warmed up all day, although I am warmer now......sitting closer to the Aga than normal!! It`s cosy in here.

Full moon tonight, should be a cool one to see......we saw the tail end of the almost full one this morning, but when we could have got a good picture of it, the sun came up and ruined up.....very pretty.

Hope to catch the rocket launch tonight live.......SpaceX launching more Starlink Satellites.

Time to start dinner........new type of sausage from our butcher.....he promises we`ll like it........

Nice, fluffy snow here. Will be a day before I can form a proper snow ball. Appears to be 10-11 inches on ground. The mr Already plowed this am before 6 am. Yes, everyone is out blaring noise pre dawn during storms here lol. He’d have never been able to get down to street otherwise

so, pic of new accumulation since 6 am. Put my grand dog I’m babysitting out in it. Who knew a dog could bawl like a baby? Oops.:o Thot it Sweet my guy ran back up from yard to comfort him

10EFB6F6-9BCF-4089-8142-673912D83A7C.jpeg
Busted, Yes, I do dress my dogs

youngest DSs fever is gone hooray!

Steelers down in flames. That’s ok, just getting into the dance was a shocker

today going to whip up a basic beef veggie soup, not my regular version. If Middle DS can make it up mountain in his sporty car, supposed to run the snow blower again. Will surprise him & whip up a sweet Italian sausage/pasta dish he enjoys.

otherwise, I’m hunkering down and enjoying viewing the beauty of the first snow fall of season. Easy enough to say when you actually don’t have to go out & deal with it lol.

Nice, fluffy snow here. Will be a day before I can form a proper snow ball. Appears to be 10-11 inches on ground. The mr Already plowed this am before 6 am. Yes, everyone is out blaring noise pre dawn during storms here lol. He’d have never been able to get down to street otherwise

so, pic of new accumulation since 6 am. Put my grand dog I’m babysitting out in it. Who knew a dog could bawl like a baby? Oops.:o Thot it Sweet my guy ran back up from yard to comfort him

View attachment 639868

youngest DSs fever is gone hooray!

Steelers down in flames. That’s ok, just getting into the dance was a shocker

today going to whip up a basic beef veggie soup, not my regular version. If Middle DS can make it up mountain in his sporty car, supposed to run the snow blower again. Will surprise him & whip up a sweet Italian sausage/pasta dish he enjoys.

otherwise, I’m hunkering down and enjoying viewing the beauty of the first snow fall of season. Easy enough to say when you actually don’t have to go out & deal with it lol.

And a big wooohooo for DS fever gone!!!

I tease my friends for dressing their dogs......but they are cute and do need a coat in that snow!!! I wouldn`t want to go out without a jacket!!

How cute though your puppy went to comfort him........ 💜

Yes, snow is nice to look at when you don`t have to drive especially. I never ever have made a beef soup of any kind......sounds lovely though. Been simmering a stock all day, plan to make a chicken veg soup for lunch tomorrow.....decided to do a change from noodle soup......everyone has come into tonight and asked when are we having soup.....it smells gorgeous, it won`t hang around! Kyle was annoyed he`ll miss it as he`s at work.......oh dear!

Sausages were decent, but weirdly not fatty enough, missed a little flavour. Healthy is all well and good, but we do need a little fat. Darn these health fiends......

Still haven`t had anyone admit to borrowing my disc.........hope it`s not the friend that`s just left for exotic climes......

Time for tea and a scone........

Last edited:
:wave2: A quick procrastinating Mondau morning stop in lol

I blinked and the weekend was over. Even though we didn't get to the city to see the kids, it was a good weekend. No rushing to get onto the next thing we had to do. I got caught up on some cleaning and tidying, groceries were purchased and some baking and other things made. Even a trip to the gym and took advantage of a hydro massage after.

Seems like weird weather is happening all over North America this weekend. Today Ontario (east) is currently getting heavily dumped on. We are another advisory and had about 2 inches of fresh powder fall and it is not pouring rain on top of all of that :eek: and our temps are supposed to drop into the -20's again...so this should make for some lovely roads. Hopefully the forecast is correct and we will be back to warmer temps again by Thursday.

The kids tested positive for covid on Friday night. They are on the mend now. A few more days, ,then they can be out in public again lol. They were luckily not too sick. It is just soo weird how it affects other differently. Hoping to video chat with gd tonight for her birthday. Not that she really knows what it is...but she definitely loves her Grammie and Pappa.

Checked on our flights. Seems they have made some changes...and now to wait and see if they change yet again. The change on the way down ( the one we were worried about has been cancelled) and we now have a very narrow window to catch our connecting flight in Toronto. Going to sit tight and watch flights. I would really hate to add another day onto our trip so that we know we will make the connection :rotfl:

My youngest DS, you’ve met (who mac can vouche for as being very conscious, especially as to mask wearing) & having both Pfizer vaxx; is struggling right now.
It is so weird how it affects everyone so differently. I hope your ds starts to feel better soon.
The snow has stopped and now we are getting freezing rain. Yay.
Yikes....stay safe!!!!!
I said the same thing, everything we do is being watched....everything. Yes, we all have our comfort levels on eating out or not eating out.......I feel ok about it and even in Florida I never gave it a thought.....my poor mum was hearing horror stories on the news and was convinced we`d be coming home in a box...... :rotfl:
We have experienced the same thing. My sister and fil's wife (and NO she is not a step-mom) have both voiced over and over again we are crazy for traveling now. In the capacity that we work daily - and have since day 1 of this whole thing, our perception of this is different from others. It kind of falls and deaf ears :scratchin
Our snow then freezing rain is to be this evening, then changing to just rain as temps rise overnight for a change. Stay safe Charade. That goes for Mac too. Seems all East are in a cold spell. Saw VB closed today, Monday and Tuesday as cool weather there as well. But at least the more South ya go, those cooler temps don’t stay around.
Yikes....stay safe! I seen you posting about your dh driving on less than great roads. I hope it turns around fast and that your roads and sidewalks return to non-icy state.
Those are the best days!!! I still miss the woodstove that was in the " cottage/cabin " at the family lake lot. It made going out there in the winter worth while
Sooooo cute!!!!! DD puts sweaters on the granddogs as well. Especially the smaller one...he HATES the cold. He runs out, does his business as quick as possible and back in.

Well, I should probably get started and shuffle some papers.

Have a great day everyone!

Evening check in. It has been a lazy snow day. The only thing remotely interesting I did today was add another ADR to my Disney trip. We now have Raglan Road scheduled for the night we arrive.

Haven’t taken a peak, but the wintery mix total is 7 inches of wet so far.
Yuck. I haven't measured either, but I am guessing around 4 inches here.

Give me back my Neil Diamond CD and no one gets coal on their birthday!!!
Hope it gets returned soon.

Nice, fluffy snow here. Will be a day before I can form a proper snow ball. Appears to be 10-11 inches on ground.
Wow. Any ice or were you lucky enough to just get snow?

I think dogs look cute in sweaters. One of our former clients had a raincoat for her yorkie.

The kids tested positive for covid on Friday night. They are on the mend now. A few more days, ,then they can be out in public again lol. They were luckily not too sick
Glad to hear it is not to severe for them.

Here is my driveway and street tonight. My driveway is solid ice and the street has not been scraped. Looks like I am staying home again tomorrow.

Charade all fluffy stuff but enough of it my middle DS said did feel heavy. Snowblower did it thing :)
I tease my friends for dressing their dogs......but they are cute and do need a coat in that snow!!! I wouldn`t want to go out without a jacket!!
so true although my earlier pooch pets would never stand for it.
took advantage of a hydro massage after.
not sure what that is but, sounds divine. Oh google
The kids tested positive for covid on Friday night. They are on the mend now
aw, glad to hear they are soldiering thru it well
I would really hate to add another day onto our trip so that we know we will make the connection :rotfl:
hehe love the way u think
It is so weird how it affects everyone so differently. I hope your ds starts to feel better soon.
that is so true. What’s weird is I know of several muscle bound male weightlifters who didn’t survive it. Unvaxxed but they looked so healthy. You just never know.
DD puts sweaters on the granddogs as well
it seems the little ones do tend to lose body temp quicker

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter