Something About Nothing............ #14

Maybe we should officially make thirsty Thursday a holiday…

All work jobs stops at noon and we toast to the day up to midnight

How would we know the difference mac.......lol........:rotfl:

I don`t usually do much in the afternoon anyway regarding housework.....that`s what mornings are for.......

Oops. Hit send before I added quotes.

I have has an entire week like that. Thankfully I can sleep in a little tomorrow.

Cute!

Will we get to meet in September? I’ll be there from the 20th to the 24th.

Nice that you got a refund. This is the first year in a very long time that we have owed.

Faffy - that’s a great word. I don’t think I’ve ever heard it before.

I need to get back to work and see if I can find someone to fill a 4:30 appointment today.

Happy anniversary to Mac and Mr. Mac.

Faffing around.....it`s a faff......faffy job.......a good Scottish word.....

Sun made a very brief appearance about an hour ago, then swiftly disappeared........not expecting to see it again today or maybe even tomorrow.

Salmon is cooked and going cold, having it with spicy couscous and a salad with honey mustard dressing for dinner tonight. Going to whip up a lemon syllabub for a light dessert, I have a glut of lemons laying around so might as well use them for something, they are huge.

Having a nice pot of tea right now.

The house is clean - for now. Dh is outside trying to clean off the grill. The cover blew away months ago and he never bothered to replace it. He says he wants to eat outside on the deck tonight. On the one side of us the neighbor’s kids are playing and being typical kids (loud), and on the other side the neighbor’s dogs are barking and going crazy like they’ve never seen anyone else in the backyard before. I just want to go someplace quiet.

I have no idea how many people are coming over. This is dh’s exam time, but he is not giving an exam for this class. The university requires that the class meet even if there isn’t an exam, so tonight’s dinner is the exam so to speak. Dh also discovered today that another professor is giving an exam tonight at the same time and some of the students are in both classes. I’m not sure what they would do if Dh was actually giving an exam. The students can’t be in both places at the same time.

Dh just discovered an empty bird nest in the grill. Can this day get any weirder? I think I should have the pizza delivery number on hand just in case.

I think I should have the pizza delivery number on hand just in case.
It might be a good idea :upsidedow

I hope the dinner goes well.

I have zero idea what to make tonight. I have decided that tomorrow night is order in or we go out - I don't care which...but I'm done cooking for a night or two. I have some ground (mince) moose thawing, but I am unsure what I'm going to make with it yet. Sigh...I really don't want to cook tonight...but alas, I will figure something out. Sigh...the joys of being the main chef in the house, and always having to decide what the family eats.

Schlotskys Togo for us. I got a salad. Had my hair bleached today, so I am dyeing it blue right now. Trying to eat my salad while waiting for the dye to set. Eating on the bathroom counter while standing in a towel, because I don’t want to get this blue anywhere.

Hello All,

Thought I'd check in to say hello. It has been waaay to long. Hope everyone is doing well.

Lots of events from the last few months but thankfully we are all happy and healthy.

SANs has been on my mind lately. I am glad to see everyone still posting. I did scan today's posts...Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. Mac. I hope you've had a great day.

We are planning a quick escape to Florida this weekend. We haven't been since last May and our passes expire at the end of the week, so of course I planned a last minute trip. We are taking our DS out of school for 3 days so he is happy about that. We are changing things up a bit and staying at the Hard Rock. This will be our first stay there. I booked club level for 3 nights and 1 night Garden View. Hoping we can add Club to the first night but if not that is okay too.

Just finished dinner...a salad with buffalo chicken tenders, no breading. Tenders done in the air fryer...which I have just been introduced to. Yes, I am late to the game but catching up quick. Love that thing. Game changer for sure.

Well, I hope everyone has a nice night. Time to go pull the suitcases and summer clothes out of the attic.

party:Happy Belated Anniversary to Mac and Mr Mac!

Everything is blooming and allergies are yuck. Sometimes I start coughing and everyone gives me the look of horror! Still cold here. Way colder than usual but at least the sun is out. But a cold wind. I wouldn’t mind a little heat but don’t want the heat of last summer with triple digits. Was awful.

Was glad to see PB added 2 queen rooms for AP rate. Texted TA this morning to change me. Was waiting for that.
Lynne any change with your rate? I remember you arrive just after we leave :-(

This morning was the day I volunteered to help with kitchen clean up at church. Having had the building closed 2 yrs, everything needed a refresh. My oldest came to help. Was great, she could get back into lower cupboards easily! Thin I took her out to lunch. She was a good sport.

Tomorrow will be busy. Going out to brunch with old work friends. We were all in our 20’s (imagine) when we started working together. And we’ve maintained our friendship.
then tomorrow night going out with the neighbourhood ladies, 6 of us. Going for Greek dinner then seeing Andrew Lloyd Webbers Music of the Night show.

Hello All,

Thought I'd check in to say hello. It has been waaay to long. Hope everyone is doing well.

Lots of events from the last few months but thankfully we are all happy and healthy.

SANs has been on my mind lately. I am glad to see everyone still posting. I did scan today's posts...Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. Mac. I hope you've had a great day.

We are planning a quick escape to Florida this weekend. We haven't been since last May and our passes expire at the end of the week, so of course I planned a last minute trip. We are taking our DS out of school for 3 days so he is happy about that. We are changing things up a bit and staying at the Hard Rock. This will be our first stay there. I booked club level for 3 nights and 1 night Garden View. Hoping we can add Club to the first night but if not that is okay too.

Just finished dinner...a salad with buffalo chicken tenders, no breading. Tenders done in the air fryer...which I have just been introduced to. Yes, I am late to the game but catching up quick. Love that thing. Game changer for sure.

Well, I hope everyone has a nice night. Time to go pull the suitcases and summer clothes out of the attic.
Hi Cam. Were you from passporter by chance? I just got an air fryer too. And made Buffalo wings last night!

Have fun this weekend, Cam. Great to use passes one more time. I have to renew mine this month. Was waiting until the end to do it though. By phone, as I usually do. Little one’s expires in August, so we are trying to keep that August trip we have scheduled. We enjoy the HR, so we try to get in there or Porto every time we stay.

Soup and salad dinner. Easy and good enough.

Was weird. By 7 pm was asking who was hungry. Was so bright out, seemed more like 5pm. But all are fed, and made enough for older one to have some when he comes home soon.

No Sue, but I keep checking. No AP rates for me then or in September yet either. I will hope to get lower rates.

Welcome back home cam!!

You have been missed…I am
so glad to see you here !

Thanks for the anniversary wishes!

I think you will really like Hard Rock, it’s lively and has a great staff, and so close to the park in case you want to walk to it
They have a very good club staff and club food is quite good

It’s gonna be a fun weekend for you and the family.
It’s your last hoorah for your ap’s

Schlotskys Togo for us. I got a salad. Had my hair bleached today, so I am dyeing it blue right now. Trying to eat my salad while waiting for the dye to set. Eating on the bathroom counter while standing in a towel, because I don’t want to get this blue anywhere.

lol.....that`s quite the image.....hope you`re happy with the result.

Hello All,

cam......it`s so good to see you post!!

Glad things are good with you and hope you have a lovely weekend in Orlando, nice idea to use up your passes before the expire......have a blast and don`t be a stranger...... :wave2:

cv3012-S.jpg

Yep, happy Friday is here......and hair time this morning. First appointment of the day for me so that`ll be me till just before lunchtime.

Then need to have a look at what clothes I`m taking or not taking......yep, if it fits....it goes!!!

Sun is out, but again not the warmest of days......but we should at least climb to very low 50`s if we`re lucky....not as cold as pumpkin!!! Shrimp with salad for lunch and doing spicy chicken stir fry tonight for us, tomorrow night is take out night this weekend, thinking pizza or Chinese, will decide tomorrow.

And some more housework today......the pre trip blitz has started...... ::yes::

i-PZdRnDc-S.jpg

fat4-S.jpg

fun37-S.jpg

Happy Friday :sunny:

52EFC073-E370-45B4-B538-66839FF30216.gif

Oh I have it. Never so glad the week day routine is almost done.

Hope your hair appointment went well Schumi. So nice to have hair styled, with first taken this morning.

Ah, that cool high weather system is still here. Blowing that Northern air, leaving 35 degrees out again this morning. And you can bet I will be in the same outfit for my lunchtime walk. To be 55 degrees at lunchtime. Oh my. This is ever that close to the month of May. And 62 the high. Sigh. I’ll be so ready for those 70’s and 80’s degree days. At least I’ll be rocking those shades though. Another full day of ☀️. And it’s just after sunrise, so should have sunshine pouring into the windows soon. Our home is faced SE, so the front of the house gets sun most of the day.

And so, hope Son is having that gorgeous blue hair, and will be enjoying a great weekend.

Yay, Mac is now into another year of married life.

So, as ever that week day routine, it’s an early start and what was a very full teapot.

Homies, a Friday is here. Wahoo!!
Have that most fabulous Friday. ::yes::

And a very good morning to you too. :wave2:

:coffee:

Happy Friday everyone. I survived the night with the students. Dh has more coming for lunch today, but since I didn't know about this until yesterday morning I will not be home. I have a doctor appointment at 12:30 and then will go pick up another load of stuff from B's dorm.

Sigh...the joys of being the main chef in the house, and always having to decide what the family eats.
Agreed. It doesn't help that we can rarely agree on the same thing, and it gets worse when B is home.

Schlotskys Togo for us.
I have not eaten Schlotskys in ages. I loved their original sandwich minus the olives. I don't even know if there is one anywhere near us.

Good to see you Cam. Don't be a stranger.

Going for Greek dinner then seeing Andrew Lloyd Webbers Music of the Night show.
That sounds like fun. My favorite musical is Phantom of the Opera.

I have been feeling lazy all morning. I guess I should get up and start getting ready for my doctor visit. I have been having a weird, unexplainable soreness in one of my toes. It has been going on for a few weeks, so I guess I should have it looked at.

TGIF stop in. I'm a happy gal it's the weekend :cheer2:

Not much to report here. I did get to the gym last night to put in some steps. It's always hard to get up and out the door after working all day, whipping up a meal, but I did it. I may not have tried to beat a previous workout, but I put in some steps to get this old heart rate up a little bit.

Tonight is take out night. I informed dh while he was pestering me while I was making dinner last night. I told him whatever that little plastic credit card would pay for, is what we are having to eat tonight. He laughed and agreed with me. This momma needs a night or two off of cooking.

I am not too sure what is on the agenda for this weekend. I know dh and boys will be busy doing a few repairs/maintenance on some of our summer play toys (boat, quads, trailers to haul these boys etc) to get ready for some summer fun! I am hoping to go see a movie sometime over the weekend. I need to do something different for an evening.

Hello All,
:wave2: It was great to see you stop in!!!! Enjoy your trip to Universal!!!!
Everything is blooming and allergies are yuck. Sometimes I start coughing and everyone gives me the look of horror! Still cold here. Way colder than usual but at least the sun is out. But a cold wind. I wouldn’t mind a little heat but don’t want the heat of last summer with triple digits. Was awful.
UGH...I wish. I woke up to a light dusting of snow/ice crust on my car this morning. This crud that is falling is supposed to quit today, and warmer weather is in the forecast for Sunday. BUT we are far from blooming and allergy season here yet. Enjoy that it's not cold!!!!
Going out to brunch with old work friends. We were all in our 20’s (imagine) when we started working together. And we’ve maintained our friendship.
then tomorrow night going out with the neighbourhood ladies, 6 of us. Going for Greek dinner then seeing Andrew Lloyd Webbers Music of the Night show.
That sounds like it will be a great time. I am not a big fan of musicals, but a good production like that is always great to see.
Then need to have a look at what clothes I`m taking or not taking......yep, if it fits....it goes!!!
:banana: and the packing has started!!!! I am soooooooooooo excited for you lol. Weird I know, but I also know what it's like to live so far away, and not be a hop skip or jump away.

I was going to say, you may not be as cold as we are here, but cold is cold if you don't like that cold. If you don't like the cold - it just screws with your mindset, and can cause people to struggle. It's very common here in winter to have more mental health issues.
Homies, a Friday is here. Wahoo!!
Have that most fabulous Friday. ::yes::
LOVED the picture of the dancing storm trooper :rotfl:That is almost my identical Friday Dance. Have a great weekend Lynne

Well, I should go track down some papers to shuffle.

Have a great day everyone!

I have not eaten Schlotskys in ages. I loved their original sandwich minus the olives. I don't even know if there is one anywhere near us.

The original ws in Austin, so there are a decent amount of them around here. They sell Cinnabon too, which is sometimes way too tempting. My son keeps me honest and won't agree to share the cinnabon with me, so I end up not getting them.

Not much to report here. I did get to the gym last night to put in some steps. It's always hard to get up and out the door after working all day, whipping up a meal, but I did it. I may not have tried to beat a previous workout, but I put in some steps to get this old heart rate up a little bit.

As they say, showing up is half the battle. When I was working, I would head to the gym right after work. I would have a snack before leaving work and have my clothes and water bottle with me. If I went home, I would never go back out.

Lynne love the dancing Storm Trooper. I think that’s what I’ll name my new car if I ever get it. The Rav4 in the Pearl white I think looks just like one! Nice pic of the blossom.

Pumpkin hang in there. It really is a colder spring all over I think.

Schumi packing time? Yay. I’m looking forward to returning to SF in Aug for first part of our trip. And get to explore more of the resort.

Soniam I havent heard of Schlotskys? Is it just in Texas? Or is there one in Orlando too?

Time for me to get going. Morning get together was so nice as always. Sadly one friend wasn’t feeling well enough to join us, battling with cancer.

Now time to pick up 3 of our neighbourhood group and head out to dinner. I hope the show is good. Hard to mess up Andrew Lloyds music, really hope they do a good job. He has an amazing playbook.

Happy Friday everyone. I survived the night with the students. Dh has more coming for lunch today, but since I didn't know about this until yesterday morning I will not be home. I have a doctor appointment at 12:30 and then will go pick up another load of stuff from B's dorm.

Agreed. It doesn't help that we can rarely agree on the same thing, and it gets worse when B is home.

Good to see you Cam. Don't be a stranger.

That sounds like fun. My favorite musical is Phantom of the Opera.

I have been feeling lazy all morning. I guess I should get up and start getting ready for my doctor visit. I have been having a weird, unexplainable soreness in one of my toes. It has been going on for a few weeks, so I guess I should have it looked at.

Hope it`s not an ingrown toenail....very painful thing to have.

Wicked for me, trumps any Lloyd Webber musical....but they are something special. I think the first one I enjoyed was Phantom, around 1986, we went down to London at Christmas time that year and fell in love with that show.

Hope your appointment went well......

TGIF stop in. I'm a happy gal it's the weekend :cheer2:

Tonight is take out night. I informed dh while he was pestering me while I was making dinner last night. I told him whatever that little plastic credit card would pay for, is what we are having to eat tonight. He laughed and agreed with me. This momma needs a night or two off of cooking.

I am not too sure what is on the agenda for this weekend. I know dh and boys will be busy doing a few repairs/maintenance on some of our summer play toys (boat, quads, trailers to haul these boys etc) to get ready for some summer fun! I am hoping to go see a movie sometime over the weekend. I need to do something different for an evening.

:wave2: It was great to see you stop in!!!! Enjoy your trip to Universal!!!!

UGH...I wish. I woke up to a light dusting of snow/ice crust on my car this morning. This crud that is falling is supposed to quit today, and warmer weather is in the forecast for Sunday. BUT we are far from blooming and allergy season here yet. Enjoy that it's not cold!!!!

That sounds like it will be a great time. I am not a big fan of musicals, but a good production like that is always great to see.

:banana: and the packing has started!!!! I am soooooooooooo excited for you lol. Weird I know, but I also know what it's like to live so far away, and not be a hop skip or jump away.

I was going to say, you may not be as cold as we are here, but cold is cold if you don't like that cold. If you don't like the cold - it just screws with your mindset, and can cause people to struggle. It's very common here in winter to have more mental health issues.

Yes, if we lived a 2 -3 hour flight away, we`d be there every month.....10 hour flights plus the 4 hours check in before our flight is a long day.....but worth it.

Yes, cold can be so depressing and it does catch up with us...I detest the cold so much, I was born to live in warmer climes!!! Glad you don`t have allergy season yet......

Had a Pirates of the Caribbean night tonight.....along with some nice red wine that we hadn`t tried before. Will watch the next set of PotC movies tomorrow night. Our little support of Johnny Depp.

Heading to bed soon as it`s almost midnight here, bacon up in the morning with brioche buns......and copious amounts of tea......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter