Something About Nothing............ #14

The original ws in Austin, so there are a decent amount of them around here. They sell Cinnabon too, which is sometimes way too tempting. My son keeps me honest and won't agree to share the cinnabon with me, so I end up not getting them.
I liked it up and the closest Schlotskys to me is in North Carolina. Bummer. I would share a Cinnabon with you.
Hope it`s not an ingrown toenail....very painful thing to have.

Wicked for me, trumps any Lloyd Webber musical....but they are something special. I think the first one I enjoyed was Phantom, around 1986, we went down to London at Christmas time that year and fell in love with that show.

Hope your appointment went well......
Possible stress fracture. I’m having an x-ray on Monday.
I loved Wicked too. Peter Scolari was the wizard in the show I saw.

Today another person in my college online group asked for hotel recommendations for next weekend. He was surprised that everything is sold out. It’s graduation weekend. Everything was sold out ages ago.

Dh has been dealing with a student who really has some nerve. She turned in late assignments earlier in the semester and turned in her final project today which was 5 days late. According to university policy he can give her a zero. She emailed him begging for grace because if she fails the class she can’t graduate. He emailed her back and said he would give her 80% credit. So she thanked him for that right? Wrong! She emailed him back and said that she was only 8 points from an A in the class and asked if he could give her an A. Can you believe it? She needs to take her B and be grateful she isn’t repeating the class.

Dh is watching the NFL draft. It’s about as exciting as watching paint dry. I’m ready for dinner.

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome back.

Been a long day sorting through summer clothes, packing and a doing a little last minute shopping. Bless DH, he cut our yard and my mom's then came home and cleaned the house. I ran up to Papa Johns for pizza as a thank you...and so I didn't have to cook.

Flight leaves at 7 am so early morning for us tomorrow. Two hr nonstop flight so we will be there by 9 am. Looks like rain is in the forecast so we may hit the outlets before going to the resort.

Hi Cam. Were you from passporter by chance? I just got an air fryer too. And made Buffalo wings last night!
No, not me. I had to look up Passporter to see what it was, lol. Love Buffalo Wings in the air fryer. Made them a few nights ago.
Welcome back home cam!!

You have been missed…I am
so glad to see you here !

Thanks for the anniversary wishes!

I think you will really like Hard Rock, it’s lively and has a great staff, and so close to the park in case you want to walk to it
They have a very good club staff and club food is quite good

It’s gonna be a fun weekend for you and the family.
It’s your last hoorah for your ap’s
Aww, thanks! I may end up renewing since we have a month's grace period to think about it. We are exited to check out Hard Rock. We have pool hopped there before but never have been in the hotel so that is exciting.
lol.....that`s quite the image.....hope you`re happy with the result.

cam......it`s so good to see you post!!

Glad things are good with you and hope you have a lovely weekend in Orlando, nice idea to use up your passes before the expire......have a blast and don`t be a stranger...... :wave2:

Thanks! Definitely going to try to stick around this time.

I see you have a trip coming up soon too. Maybe we will see you in the parks. Have safe travels and I hope you and Tom have a wonderful time.

Dh has been dealing with a student who really has some nerve. She turned in late assignments earlier in the semester and turned in her final project today which was 5 days late. According to university policy he can give her a zero. She emailed him begging for grace because if she fails the class she can’t graduate. He emailed her back and said he would give her 80% credit. So she thanked him for that right? Wrong! She emailed him back and said that she was. Ow inky 8 points from an A in the class and asked if he could give her an A. Can you believe it? She needs to take her B and be grateful she isn’t repeating the class.
That is crazy. I have a friend who is a college professor and he deals with the same nonsense. One student had the nerve to file a complaint against him because he wouldn't increase his grade. It is just absurd.

Soniam I havent heard of Schlotskys? Is it just in Texas? Or is there one in Orlando too?

I think they are in various parts of the US, but they started in Austin, TX. The majority of them are in Texas and then Oklahoma. None in Florida though. They have unique bread and put olives/olive salad on a lot of their sandwiches. Their bread is actually pretty amazing. It's sort of like a soft, spongy focaccia with lots of airy holes and very buttery. It absorbs the olive oil from the olive salad very well. Their Original sandwich is influenced by a famous Cajun sandwich called a muffaletta.

Soniam
We had schlotsky when we lived in northern Illinois
Many of that chain kind of started closing down some years back

But we do have that restaurant near us in Georgia.

They went through a restructuring in the early 2000s and closed many stores.

Schumi go to bed…. You need to start your packing Saturday!

You hit the road for the airport over night stay real soon!

I have my fingers crossed it will be rain free when you reach Orlando.

It will be all sunshine and lollipops for you and Tom !

Safe travels this morning Cam. You should be in the air too. Hope rain is not in your forecast this weekend. Most fun times for you and family.

Yay, Schumi’s countdown is getting to zero very soon. Hope you have a fabulous time as well, on your longer stay.

Ah another day of wall to wall sun, with a warmer day. 68 the high, which means, the winds are a changing more to from the South,. So by tomorrow morning, the cloudy and chances of rain is our Sunday. Yep, our start of the new first week of May will be the same, as the rest of next week, is predicted to be a full week of cloudy every day, with chances of rain and highs in the 60’s. Good enough start of May, I’d say.

And so, the weekend is here. Wahoo.

Charade, my DH teaches too, and he has had that type of student. He has to get his grades in next week. I’m sure there will be at least one email or a call from a student next week. Lots of class of 2022 stuff around now. As schools are mostly back to in person, there will be in person graduations. Little one has her finals next week. Seems all the colleges and Universities in my area are not all on the exact same schedule, but all will finish this Spring semester in the next three weeks. I think we will have a graduation in December. No hotel stay needed. One nice thing that as even with little one wanting to stay away from home, she ended up at a University in our City. Traffic though, will be crazy.

Ah, nothing like a quiet morning and a pot of tea. Plans? Not sure, as older one works, and DH and I have already enjoyed a breakfast, before he left to mow lawns and be gone for the day. Thus, after my bedtime around half past midnight, I still heard little one chatting away with her online friends. Which means, any start of what little one and I will do, will be closer to lunchtime.

Ah, that glorious sunshine pouring though the windows. A most perfect Spring morning.

Super happy Saturday homies. Enjoy this last day of April. Hehe, as 30 days hath September, April, June and November. The rest of the months have 31, except short February, 28 or 29 days. And a yay too. Meaning next month starts that just about every month, there’s a holiday in it. Ah no yay, more like a woot, for those little happy for day off holiday thoughts. And, means a trip or two coming along as we turn those month pages. Yay for that.

Schumi I do lots of faffing around. Lol I think I have too many UK friends here! Thru the years I’ve picked up that expression! I loved Wicked too. And Phantom was amazing. We saw it for our 10th Anniversary! That was awhile ago!
Is today go time or is it next Saturday?

Charade I hope your toe is ok and not too painful. May have to dig out those open toe shoes or sandals.

Cam, I wondered because there was a poster, Cam on the old Passporter board. Some like me moved on to Dis.

Soniam I love olive tapanade on sandwiches. So I’d probably love that place. Too bad there aren’t any here!

Last nights dinner didn’t disappoint! Was as good as I remember. Haven’t been there since my in-laws passed. It was near their house. So I thought since it’s also near the theatre it would be convenient.
The show was good, I love Andrew Lloyd Webber’s music. 4 singers, one from Julliard. But I was expecting it to be a bit more polished? No sets. No costumes. I wasn’t expecting them to come out in cat suits lol, but maybe a few changes appropriate to the shows? And a backdrop? Even a screen projection. The voices were good though, and did enjoy the music. Plus a nice night out with friends.

This weekend for Mother’s Day doing the usual with my daughters, going to Harrison Hot Springs Resort for the weekend. Hope the weather is nice.

Tonight, in 30 min actually, brother-in-law & girlfriend are coming to dinner also an old mutual friend is joining us. DH is outside by the bbq tending his ribs!

I think I’ll go enjoy a quick cup of tea before they arrive. I boiled the kettle then forgot! Sheesh.

Sue, sad the show was not as good as thought, but at least some good enough singing. We have lunch or dinner and a musical show places in my area. My mom liked to go those places with a group. I like musicals too, and saw Cats in London when it was first showing there. Ribs on grill? Yum.

Ack, Charade, hope will find out if stress fracture or not. Hoping the not finding tomorrow.

Cam, hope you arrived safely and ready for a full day of park fun. Partly cloudy and 86 degrees the high there today. Sounds perfect weather to me.

Well, we will have that cloudy day today too, but 71 degrees is our high. You will certainly see shorts on little one today. Felt warmer yesterday, so she rocked the red pair of shorts she got the other day. Looked great on her. With 71 the high, I probably won’t be in shorts. But do have lightweight pants, so with a T shirt, that will be my outfit. No jacket, though may throw in car if we go anywhere. But as 39 degrees out now, DH had a jacket on as he left a few minutes ago.

Hehe, with DH and I the early risers, early breakfast. We had eggs and some home fries. No bacon left from yesterday, so today, is the fill the pantry up day. Thus, bacon on the list of what we need to pick up. But today is also get the trash out. Told little one, last I looked at the refrigerator, it needs a cleaning out. So hoping she helps with the save or toss.

Typical Sunday for us. Older one does not work today, so he will also be on that relaxing day that a Sunday should be.

And a hehe, by noon yesterday, asked little one if she was ready to do some errands. By 1pm we were on the road. So today, unless older one gets up by around 10 am, I guess we will do those needed grocery stops much later with little one. Either kid will kindly go with me. So nice to have a runner, making two getting what we need a quicker trip, and anything of weight, nice to have a carrier bring those items in and out of the car.

But as the house feels that almost too cool, have my tea mug warming my hands, and a throw over my lap. But largest screen watching the mostly crap you get in these earlier weekend times. Infomercials galore for your choosing. Eh, I do like the one travel channel, even with shows from the decade before made.

Lastly, a hehe, told little one she has to go look outside. She swears she hears an owl hooting around 3:30 am every day, waking her up.

So as the early homie post, wishing everyone a most relaxing Sunday. First day of May. How nice is that.

Oooh, clouds are not quite here. Glorious sunshine pouring through the windows, and hearing the freight train whistle, on tracks about a mile and a half miles away. Peaceful. So it is. Most happy homie here. Though alarm already set. Highly thinking of making the mom’s day next Sunday, having it be a three day weekend, and a shorter week. And yeah, don’t let that 71 degrees say we are getting warmer high degree days. Yeah, in 7 day forecast, high degree days have 50’s in there. Why I keep turning up the thermostat. Lizard here. But with a I like it cool family member. Sigh. Think I need to do that bump up the inside temp now.

Good Sunday morning to every one !

Hope all have a warm fun day!

No schumi sighting yet but assume she is at the airport hotel
Hope we hear from her when she gets into Orlando

Our temps are decent and have windows open this morning for fresh air
Always nice to get that break and have a cool morning

Grocery shopping for me today
It will be low crowds for it if I get to it before noon

Good Sunday morning Sans family :wave:

B0CCA93C-EE46-4523-8B67-77107E554171.jpeg

880DA45C-4F7D-4587-8F42-40F60A9B0141.jpeg

I always enjoy when Robo starts her posts out with the parade of the minions !

They make me feel all happy inside …

It’s like finding a $20 bill on the sidewalk
Lol

Those minions are my “ people “

Lol

So glad you enjoy the Minions Mac they do have a way of bringing a smile to your face for sure.

Sweet, so nice to enjoy time with J, Robo. And happy to hear coffee was enjoyed in your HHN mug, and yay, for your HHN planning.

Thanks Lynne. Hope your tea is delicious this morning.

As the "original lizard" Robbie.....I look forward to that heat!!! It`s so cold here.

Sounds like you have a lovely morning planned with the little guy......such fun for you both! They are delightful to be around at any age, but that is a wonderful playful age for sure, so easy to amuse.

Yes, our fruit trees are flowering like crazy, so beautiful but yes, on an evening when the pollen settles, it`s not fun. That season is over soon......

Have a lovely day and enjoy the plans you are making, always fun too!!

Yes, little J is a joy to be around. It is so special to see him exploring the world around him.

Pollen is terrible here now, but is part of Spring.

Carole you will be in your lizard weather soon. Have a wonderful trip.
1277FC18-4B5C-4B8A-B71C-C21FEA679A4F.jpeg

Enjoy some pool time
84DD61C4-C1CB-4D90-B4E9-6799B6497666.gif

Say hi to Donkey for me

7F9C8FE3-2F65-40D0-9DC7-0A0F91D85702.jpeg

Happy belated Anniversary to you and your hubby Mac

83EAD6E7-62A9-4E72-A540-F1679EDA1327.gif

Rain has arrived. I had to go home over lunch and change shoes and put some socks on. My feet were freezing today. The weatherperson is calling for rain/snow mix overnight into late tomorrow. It's cool/cold again.

Pumpkin hope your weather starts warming up soon.

Will we get to meet in September? I’ll be there from the 20th to the 24th.
It would be so nice to meet up with you Charade, but if everything goes as planned thus far I will not be there at the same time as you will. Son and daughter in law might be coming in for HHN so that might alter my time a bit.

We are planning a quick escape to Florida this weekend.

Have a great trip this weekend Cam.

I have not eaten Schlotskys in ages. I loved their original sandwich minus the olives. I don't even know if there is one anywhere near us.

Our Schlotskys deli closed here.

Have a good shopping trip Mac. Early morning shopping is much easier not having to deal with to many folks in the stores.

Sonaim is it required for you to have your hair bleached before you dye your hair blue?

Sitting in my favorite spot having my morning coffee. Sun is peaking through. Supposed to be 73 high today. I will take that.

Grandson from Kentucky came for a visit yesterday. I grilled some steaks for lunch. We had a nice visit. It was so nice to see him and catch up.

Not much planned for today. Going to see if hubby wants to take a walk down by the river today.

Shout out to Tink, Keisha and all our Sans family who have not posted. Hope everyone is doing well.

Have A wonderful relaxing Sunday everyone.

My buddy Dobby
018A3391-3736-417D-9C03-515FFADD994D.gif

Good Sunday morning to every one !

Hope all have a warm fun day!

No schumi sighting yet but assume she is at the airport hotel
Hope we hear from her when she gets into Orlando

Our temps are decent and have windows open this morning for fresh air
Always nice to get that break and have a cool morning

Hey mac……you should have the email by now…… sent to you Janet and Maria……:cheer2:

Yep, in executive lounge enjoying a little celebratory drink!!

Hope your shopping trip is easy and no crowds……

Good Sunday morning Sans family :wave:

View attachment 666014

View attachment 666018

So glad you enjoy the Minions Mac they do have a way of bringing a smile to your face for sure.

Sweet, so nice to enjoy time with J, Robo. And happy to hear coffee was enjoyed in your HHN mug, and yay, for your HHN planning.

Thanks Lynne. Hope your tea is delicious this morning.

Yes, little J is a joy to be around. It is so special to see him exploring the world around him.

Pollen is terrible here now, but is part of Spring.

Carole you will be in your lizard weather soon. Have a wonderful trip.
View attachment 666024

Enjoy some pool time
View attachment 666023

Say hi to Donkey for me

View attachment 666025

Happy belated Anniversary to you and your hubby Mac

View attachment 666026

Pumpkin hope your weather starts warming up soon.

It would be so nice to meet up with you Charade, but if everything goes as planned thus far I will not be there at the same time as you will. Son and daughter in law might be coming in for HHN so that might alter my time a bit.

Have a great trip this weekend Cam.

Our Schlotskys deli closed here.

Have a good shopping trip Mac. Early morning shopping is much easier not having to deal with to many folks in the stores.

Sonaim is it required for you to have your hair bleached before you dye your hair blue?

Sitting in my favorite spot having my morning coffee. Sun is peaking through. Supposed to be 73 high today. I will take that.

Grandson from Kentucky came for a visit yesterday. I grilled some steaks for lunch. We had a nice visit. It was so nice to see him and catch up.

Not much planned for today. Going to see if hubby wants to take a walk down by the river today.

Shout out to Tink, Keisha and all our Sans family who have not posted. Hope everyone is doing well.

Have A wonderful relaxing Sunday everyone.

My buddy Dobby
View attachment 666013

Thank you Robbie for the good wishes, appreciate it. I will most certainly say hi to Donkey from you……

And glad you had some nice family time…..

Well, we got our Covid tests almost 2 hours ago now and thankfully both negative!! Such a relief…….sent Kyle a txt first as we knew he’d be on pins waiting to hear, then mum and then emailed everyone else…….

Now we are all checked in for our flight tomorrow with all our relevant documentation showing proof of vaccination and negative Antigen test….I think we’re all set.

Hope everyone is well…….

Safe travels tomorrow Schumi. Nice to be relaxing with news of negative tests. To be 90 degrees high to greet you tomorrow, when you land.

Must be grocery day, Mac. Have not seen either kid, so no early shopping for me.

Robo, good to hear from you, and nice to have a grandson visit. If weather is warm, a walk along the river sounds like a perfect way to spend some time today. Hope you are feeling good, and hope to cross paths with you this Fall.

The minions always make me smile. I kind of think of myself as one. Well, when I had blonde hair, because I was yellow, short, and wear glasses:rotfl2:

The blue won't grab well or stay long if your hair isn't light enough. My natural color is blonde, but it's a darker shade now that I am older. I get it bleached to a platinum blonde, almost white. The light blue I am sporting now still only hangs around for a couple of weeks before it fades too much and I have to redye it. It's much lighter now than in my avatar pic. It's more work than I had initially thought it would be, but I enjoy it.

@schumigirl Yeah for vacation!!!! Have an amazing trip!!!

Happy lazy Sunday. I've had an afternoon nap and now am trying to watch the race, but they are in a rain delay.

Flight leaves at 7 am so early morning for us tomorrow. Two hr nonstop flight so we will be there by 9 am. Looks like rain is in the forecast so we may hit the outlets before going to the resort.
Hope you have a good trip. I envy your non stop flight. I have to stop in Charlotte before I can go anywhere.

Charade, my DH teaches too, and he has had that type of student. He has to get his grades in next week. I’m sure there will be at least one email or a call from a student next week. Lots of class of 2022 stuff around now. As schools are mostly back to in person, there will be in person graduations. Little one has her finals next week. Seems all the colleges and Universities in my area are not all on the exact same schedule, but all will finish this Spring semester in the next three weeks. I think we will have a graduation in December. No hotel stay needed. One nice thing that as even with little one wanting to stay away from home, she ended up at a University in our City. Traffic though, will be crazy.
I am very grateful that we don't have to worry about hotel stays too. It's going to be bad for the next several weeks. For a small area we have several colleges and universities nearby.

Charade I hope your toe is ok and not too painful. May have to dig out those open toe shoes or sandals.
I'm currently wearing my "Baby Yoda" Crocs I bought at WDW last year. Lots of room in the toe area.

The show was good, I love Andrew Lloyd Webber’s music. 4 singers, one from Julliard. But I was expecting it to be a bit more polished? No sets. No costumes. I wasn’t expecting them to come out in cat suits lol, but maybe a few changes appropriate to the shows? And a backdrop? Even a screen projection. The voices were good though, and did enjoy the music. Plus a nice night out with friends.
That is surprising. I would have expected a little more too.

I am sorry we will miss each other.

Now we are all checked in for our flight tomorrow with all our relevant documentation showing proof of vaccination and negative Antigen test….I think we’re all set.
Hope you have a nice flight and great trip.

Still in a rain delay. Maybe i'll watch another episode of Monk.

Great photo Lynne. Our trash day is Monday too but we aren’t allowed to put bins out the night before, bears mostly and other wildlife. Can put them out no earlier than 5:30am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter