Something About Nothing............ #14

Another slow day today. I would love to go home and nap, but I would rather get paid.

I found out yesterday that the instructor for my digital editing class is one of dh’s former students. I think I will keep quiet about that and hope he doesn’t remember my name.

Beautiful view. You can keep the 91 degrees though.

Yay! Spring is finally arriving.

Hopefully I don’t need orthotics yet. My boss keeps telling me things I should do. I think I will continue to listen to the people who actually went to medical school.

Congrats on the weight loss.

It’s commencement weekend here too. I’m just going to stay away from that side of town until Monday.
B has 13 hours left, but will be splitting them over 2 semesters. Two of her classes look to be pretty intensive, so those will be taken in separate semesters. We don’t have a December commencement. Everyone has to wait until May.

I have an hour to kill until lunch. I need to find something to do.

Our car showed 101F yesterday, I think averaging 97 around the parks……we were loving it…….but, yes, it’s not for everyone.

:wave2: a quick morning stop in

The sun is finally shinning today. I came out late yesterday evening, and I watched a beautiful sunset last night from my chair.

Not much happening in our part of the world. Not sure what the weekend has in store. Probably not much - a lazy relaxing weekend of doing nothing, maybe go to the theater to watch a movie or two. the weather forecast is for rain :crazy2: again. The rain is good for the farmers...just hard to have it happen on those days off.

Enjoy. I am as green as a jellybean right now for anyone enjoying the Florida heat and in holiday mode ;)

That is AWESOME!!!! Way to go!!! Love that quote, it's going on a stick it for a motto!!!!! I am starting to notice a difference in the clothes again. Not much swing on the scale...but gotta take those non-scale victories!

Exactly!!!! I am/wasn't the perfect momma, but we all do our best at the time.

That was me yesterday. Took my sweet old time with shredding. I will be shredding again later today. I also have a blue box of magazines/ordering catalogues that need to be taken to the recycle depot again.

Well, I should shuffle a few more papers.
Have a great day everyone...especially those who may be reading along, and don't post or someone who hasn't stopped in for awhile.

You’ll be back soon enough pumpkin, but it is fabulous!!

Nothing wrong with taking the scenic route as long as they eventually do get there

I nearly fainted when youngest decided to attend Pitt for a semester as a jr 🤬. Basically, blew a semester there. he had to scramble taking summer & winter break classes to graduate on time back at original U. I look upon that as a learning experience…for him and us lol

Lol did he get a pass from ur mr?

One nice thing re the RX ones, they have metal interior. I’m told they can last fir a decade or longer

I bet yours is thick and beautiful shade of green. Ours just awakening from winter dormancy. Only cut once so far. It appears to be a large portion of mint at this point. Smells good, looks awful Idiotic neighbor planted so much of it several years ago on property line & it just took off like an invasive species

It’s one thing about the UK……we have the greenest of grass due to our rainfall. Looks so good though. Weirdly our lawns, particularly at the back of house have Scottish heather growing in them……no one else’s in this are has that……looks pretty but the gardener moans it affects the look,,….we quite like that purple tinge in it.

I baked a Perdue hen last night and “ recycled it” for tonight’s dinner

Deboned the cooked hen and shredded it up to make chicken salad.
Very flavorful!

Every once in a while we do a basic dinner of recycled meats.

Mr Mac loves chicken while my favorite is red meats.
He can eat chicken 5 nights a week and still want it on day 6

Oh chicken or steak…….tough choices! Love a good chicken salad, but then there’s not many meat dishes I don’t like!

Rain has not started here yet and can’t decide if I should do my errands now or wait until Saturday to get them taken care of

Someone flip a coin for me..

Curious minds wondering if you did the errands or not…………:)

I actually put my phone in airplane mode and silent, so that I am not awakened by it. It's on the table next to the bed though. If DH is out of town, I will leave it on though. I like to keep the phone near me in case of emergency though. I know someone who lives alone. She fell in the shower and broke her femur badly. Her phone was in the kitchen, so she had to crawl and drag herself into the kitchen. The counter was high, but she couldn't stand or reach it well. She had to grab a towel and try to pull it off the counter from the floor. This whole ordeal took her hours:eek: So, I try to keep mine within reach.

@Pumpkin1172 Congrats on the tickets!

@Lynne G Mmmm, cupcakes for breakfast

@schumigirl Not hearing much. Good sign. You must be having a good time!

Having a blast soniam…….thanks for asking…….:)

Like you I have notifications on silent during the night if I do take my phone upstairs, but if there was an emergency my family would call with the landline, so I don’t have to have it on during the night. Very rarely if ever take it to bed, but some folks have to I guess.

Hope you’re doing good…….

For Robo, take a bow! Happy nurses‘ day/weekend! :)
View attachment 667455

Done :). still pouring I’m also going to just cook tonight’s burgers in a cast iron skillet vs holding umbrella over grill

It is, to me lol. I’ve got a growing pile on my DR table that hasn’t magically disappeared, darn it.

Oh, that’s stressful Stuff, glad you snagged such great seats. I’m on some sort of VR waiting list they have to possibly be picked to buy Harry Styles tix a Madison garden end of august. Not for me mind you lol, the GD is doing a girl’s BD trip with her mom then.

As someone who has a sister who quite recently retired after being a nurse all her days, love the tee! Yes, nurses are a special breed.

Inside cooking works well Keisha……..not worth getting soaked for…..

Thanks for sharing that about nurses day keisha .

Hope Robbie has a great day

I think she knows more than some doctors I have seen..

She certainly does, and it is very much appreciated……..:-)

Having a wonderful time here……yes, it is beautifully hot and there hasn’t been one single drop of rain yet, heat and sunshine all the way.

Yesterday was boiling hot, so spent some time in the parks which are busy but lines weren’t too bad, Velocicoaster was only around a 35 minute wait and Hagrids I think we were lucky with and waited 25 minutes. But folks were saying they waited longer at other times.

EP lines are all less than 10, mostly walk ons.

Enjoyed Ocean Prime last night then some Strong Water time…….again!! Night before Chef Carlos invited us to a tasting, with some dishes they’re bringing back and some new dishes for the menu, it was wonderful and a late night too for us!!!

No plans yet for today but think we’ll be driving somewhere and might go into the park tonight for a couple of hours.

But after getting showered we’ll head over for breakfast and then decide where to go……..another hot one ahead! :sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny:

Good morning. It's going to be another cool, rainy day here today, but hopefully not as bad as yesterday. Dh is at his school's degree presentation ceremony right now, but that should be over soon. We have no plans for the day. Next week I promised B we could go to the tea room. This weekend we are avoiding all places close to the university. Most of the graduates and families should be gone by tomorrow or Monday.

Got some tickets :jumping1: Not the best seats...but in a our CFL - Canadian football league area...not many seats will be "great". with 101,000 people in the building it's not about getting best seats. It sure would be nice though. But I'll take what we got.

We seen him 5 yrs ago and it was fantastic. It's Garth. If you love country music - then he is usually a fan favorite. For us - he is!!!! And it's even on a weekend! It will be a good weekend!
Congrats! And bonus that it is on a weekend. Hope you have a great time.
I actually put my phone in airplane mode and silent, so that I am not awakened by it. It's on the table next to the bed though.
I never thought about setting it to airplane mode, but I would probably forget to take it off airplane mode.

Heck, they keep trying to discount sell baseball games’ tickets. In years past we’d jump on those, but with the crimes every day on the trains and in the city, we are not wanting to use public transportation nor drive our car into the city.
I miss being near a city with a major league baseball team. We have a minor league team. The games can be fun, but it's just not the same.
Oh, that’s stressful Stuff, glad you snagged such great seats. I’m on some sort of VR waiting list they have to possibly be picked to buy Harry Styles tix a Madison garden end of august. Not for me mind you lol, the GD is doing a girl’s BD trip with her mom then.
He was B's favorite. I took her to a One Direction concert several years ago. Ear plugs were my best friend that night.

I'm a little envious of Schumi's park time, but not of the heat. I'm a little over 4 months away from my trip. I am eagerly awaiting the release of AP rates. Last year it was around the last week of May for my October 1 trip, so I am hoping to see the rates for my September 20 trip soon.

:wave2: Quick weekend stop in

Not much is happening here this weekend. I am enjoying some quiet time alone in the house right now. Watching Bridgerton as I don't have to listen to complaints about what is on the tv when I am alone watching. It is currently not sure if it should rain or snow. It's cold and windy. They are forecasting a lovely rain/snow mix again :crazy2: which honestly makes me want to puke.

I have been watching (and making notes) of wait times, and this week at both Disney and Universal the wait times have been very low. Great availability of LL and genie+ at the mouse house as well. @schumigirl definitely hit the perfect time to visit it seems.

Supper out last night was alright. Not a place I would go to if I had a choice. but it was good. Went out to fil's for birthday cake and to play with their new puppy they got.

I am going to head out to hit sephora and a few other places I have been wanting to make a quick stop at. I don't get enough time to go out shopping during the week over my lunch breaks. And then finish off my outing at the gym. That would make 4 session this week.

Well, I should probably get a start on my day.

Have a great day everyone!!!! Happy nurse's day to our @Robo56 Nurses are the real heros and are the ones who actually make the hospitals run

But after getting showered we’ll head over for breakfast and then decide where to go……..another hot one ahead!
A novel way to roll in the parks, commando’ing is a tuff habit to break for me. was thinking you may have hit more out of the box places that most locals there Lol
This weekend we are avoiding all places close to the university. Most of the graduates and families should be gone by tomorrow or Monday.
Smart move!
Great availability of LL and genie+ at the mouse house as well
I’m thinking partially to do with that last month of school/no excused absences for trips for kiddos in most places here & fact most decided to delay trips until guardians of galaxy opens.

Had to laugh, Epcot is absolutely not my fav park. Found myself booking res there for majority of trip over 4th of July to increase odds of jumping thru the 7 am virtual Hoop Attempt. Not looking forward to that ordeal again. Was worse to have to tromp into MGM and do it in person tho. baby steps
I am going to head out to hit sephora
I went to WM & sams & dodged the Mother’s Day shoppers, living the glamorous life Today. Don’t have sephora or Ulta nearby if i wanted to stop. Did order my olaplaex #3 i swear by, found a $15 off coupon on 2 yesterday. Have been out of it for months, abuse my hair so much, it’s a need For me.

did grab myself one of the sams pizzas, one day special thing. Going to eat 1/3 of it, then freeze enough for me to pull it out of freezer & have twice again. can’t say it’s amazing but, better than most offered in pizza shops here. Least it has a crisp crust.

also, put down our bets on the derby. My oldest DS texted me from ATL, letting me now he put some $ in my paypal for us to bet…half for him, half for us. He is now sitting on the top of the son mountain top :).

Our car showed 101F yesterday, I think averaging 97 around the parks……we were loving it…….but, yes, it’s not for everyone.

You’ll be back soon enough pumpkin, but it is fabulous!!

It’s one thing about the UK……we have the greenest of grass due to our rainfall. Looks so good though. Weirdly our lawns, particularly at the back of house have Scottish heather growing in them……no one else’s in this are has that……looks pretty but the gardener moans it affects the look,,….we quite like that purple tinge in it.

Oh chicken or steak…….tough choices! Love a good chicken salad, but then there’s not many meat dishes I don’t like!

Curious minds wondering if you did the errands or not…………:)

Having a blast soniam…….thanks for asking…….:)

Like you I have notifications on silent during the night if I do take my phone upstairs, but if there was an emergency my family would call with the landline, so I don’t have to have it on during the night. Very rarely if ever take it to bed, but some folks have to I guess.

Hope you’re doing good…….

As someone who has a sister who quite recently retired after being a nurse all her days, love the tee! Yes, nurses are a special breed.

Inside cooking works well Keisha……..not worth getting soaked for…..

She certainly does, and it is very much appreciated……..:-)

Having a wonderful time here……yes, it is beautifully hot and there hasn’t been one single drop of rain yet, heat and sunshine all the way.

Yesterday was boiling hot, so spent some time in the parks which are busy but lines weren’t too bad, Velocicoaster was only around a 35 minute wait and Hagrids I think we were lucky with and waited 25 minutes. But folks were saying they waited longer at other times.

EP lines are all less than 10, mostly walk ons.

Enjoyed Ocean Prime last night then some Strong Water time…….again!! Night before Chef Carlos invited us to a tasting, with some dishes they’re bringing back and some new dishes for the menu, it was wonderful and a late night too for us!!!

No plans yet for today but think we’ll be driving somewhere and might go into the park tonight for a couple of hours.

But after getting showered we’ll head over for breakfast and then decide where to go……..another hot one ahead! :sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny:
Glad the parks are manageable, and I’ve been monitoring wait times for our upcoming trip. Any insight on today’s times? They seemed a bit higher on the app than previous days, but I already assumed Saturday would be busier.

We’ll be there next Saturday without EP and I’m trying to plan. We will have EP for Sunday, but as I wasn’t interested in blowing my whole vacation budget on a suite in a premier hotel, Friday and Saturday nights will be off site. I assume crowd levels should be roughly similar.

Well, guess you file that into you can indeed hear a tree falling. Well, when it is a huge tree and it takes down a metal street light and electric wires as it ends fallen across the main street our street empties and you enter into. Our neighbors are still without power, and street is blocked, so we have to go around the little town and drive though the corner church’s parking lot to get into our cul de sac. At least no traffic on that road for now.

Still raining and cool feeling. Little one bought me a hanging plant, it’s so pretty, then we went to Whole Foods and got a cut bunch of tulips. We picked dark purple ones. So, both are outside, getting watered well.

And so, quiet and screen watching. Glad to hear Schumi is enjoying the hot weather, and lower crowds. And hope Clap will have lots of park fun next week.

We’ll be there next Saturday without EP and I’m trying to plan. We will have EP for Sunday, but as I wasn’t interested in blowing my whole vacation budget on a suite in a premier hotel, Friday and Saturday nights will be off site. I assume crowd levels should be roughly similar
Enjoy your park time!!! I hope your able to ride everything you are wanting to. I hope that you will stop back in and report how your trip went.
Well, guess you file that into you can indeed hear a tree falling. Well, when it is a huge tree and it takes down a metal street light and electric wires as it ends fallen across the main street our street empties and you enter into. Our neighbors are still without power, and street is blocked, so we have to go around the little town and drive though the corner church’s parking lot to get into our cul de sac. At least no traffic on that road for now.
Yikes, I hope that everything gets cleared quickly and that your neighbors get power back soon.

I did get Sephora and a few other places. I did find a few items of clothing at a new to us store that recently opened here. i haven't tried on yet to see if they actually fit. Saving that for another day. I did spoil myself with a new eyeshadow pallet from Sephora. I typically wouldn't pay that much for a small little thing, but I have been eyeing it for awhile now. I will say, not all eyeshadow is not made the same. Our dd tells me that I am now a makeup snob lol. I am learning it is the one thing I will pay more money for ::yes::

Still waiting for dh and our one ds to get home. They are fixing on some of the toys to get ready for when spring actually arrives and our 2 weeks of summer we get. Until they get home, I will enjoy another beverage. I actually stopped at the beverage store and picked up a couple things to try. Not sure what is for dinner yet, but it will be whatever dh's cc will buy :rolleyes1

Just thought of something ClapYourHands, Saturday will be a lot more crowded that day than Sunday.

Pull up the park map and decide which major rides you really want to do
Hit those first when you first start your park day
The minor rides will be decent wait times later in the day

If you are a Harry Potter fan, it is easier to shop in the stores well before noon
Less crowded then as most hit the rides first.

Anything you buy in the shops, have your packages sent to the front store and pick them up before you leave the park

Makes it easy for you not having to deal with the bags.
Don’t lose your claim number
Take a picture of the name tags/ receipt they put on your bags so if you lose your merch slip, you can still claim your bagged items.

Your second day in the park you will find it easier to navigate and you will have your ep to use.

If you need any help or have questions while in the park,
Come to this thread and someone will help and guide you
Quite a few of us drop in during the day so you most likely can get help from any of us quickly

Try to take in some of the shows
Especially it the weather is hot

Bourne show is worth the time to see it
You don’t have to have seen the movie to figure it out
One great show is horror make up show.
Sit up front middle for it if you can.
If animal actors on parade is open, it’s a fun show!

I never thought about setting it to airplane mode, but I would probably forget to take it off airplane mode.

It's habit now. After I wake up and use the restroom/wash hands, I immediately disable airplane mode and look for any texts or notifications.

That reminds me. I had completely forgotten that DH's car got hit by a piece of tree/log while he was driving. I haven't seen it in person, because he left it at our metal building/shop outside of town and drove another car home. Luckily, he was fine. He was driving down the road and saw what he thought was a big bird flying toward the car. It turned out to be a big, thick piece of tree. He said it was log size. It broke the sunroof on the car into a bunch of shards of glass and dented the roof very heavily. It will be driveable to the body shop, but that's it. He had the sunroof cover closed, so not too much glass got into the car. He also had taken the shop vac back to the garage, so he was able to use that to vacuum out the glass. We have to wait for a couple of weeks to get it into the body shop. They are really good and always have a long wait.

All I can say to you soniam is ……WOW
That is scary!

( how could you have forgotten to tell us about that as it’s big time OMG stuff!!)

I’m glad to read he was not injured and he had to been freaked out when it happened !

It is easier to get a car fixed than your husband

A very happy Mother’s Day to you Robo, and thank you for being a nurse. Great reasons to be reminded of those that take care of us.

Well, I said I’d like to take advantage of the early our. Asked that we leave in about 1/2 hour. I have yet to see little one.

Oh my, I am so glad your DH was okay, Son. So scary. Cars can be repaired. Nice you have a spare he can drive while car goes into the shop. Yeah, when those thieves broke the glass of older one’s car, we used our big shop vac to try to get the glass up. It was everywhere.

Yep, Mac, glad it was not a tree next to our home, and even more glad that tree decided to block the road and not destroy my neighbor’s home. We walked down to see it last lay afternoon, it was huge. Older one said he saw trucks there last night, as road was still blocked when he came home last night. I’m sure it will be cleared soon.

It’s still raining. But at least both of us have nice raincoats and there is an umbrella in the car. Early news said rain should be clearing by lunchtime. And then some glorious sunny days before more rain for the next weekend in the 7 day forecast. But yay, seeing 70’s degrees highs in that forecast.

Ooh, May take a peak, and see if anywhere near our expected time to leave is correct.

3007BDF0-C8B4-470B-A11B-97275C4F299A.jpeg
For the brothers (& sisters) from ’nuther mothers

FA01C317-D432-40E8-A727-7C55F7B320DB.jpeg
Going to surely miss my two elder boys today still working out of town, makes me appreciate they do live so close.

DiL invited us to dinner, I declined, said just bring down that pulled pork you were going to make & I’ll add it to the spread I’m cooking. Old habits die hard, prefer not to eat out on the holidays, just too much fussing going on & food usually suffers.

said spread=grilled chicken, pepperoni rolls, corn on cob, baked taters, tossed salad, some sort of pasta salad TBD & a banana split dessert I make rarely as so sugar laden. Ok, now I’m hungry, need to make some bacon pronto lol

have a wonderful day ladies :)

Well, when it is a huge tree and it takes down a metal street light and electric wires as it ends fallen across the main street our street empties and you enter into.
in our area we have the state’s largest stand of giant elms on a quiet street, up the next ridge top. up-river, around the next bend, have had same storm issues as us. Really, got it worse this time. one of those trees wound up going Root up. Lucky for them it landed in between the houses this time!

04BA46A2-374D-4B42-8308-EFBB397B727C.jpeg
I typically wouldn't pay that much for a small little thing, but I have been eyeing it for awhile now. I will say, not all eyeshadow is not made the same. Our dd tells me that I am now a makeup snob lol. I am learning it is the one thing I will pay more money for
Same, but certain makeup brands are truly worth the tiny splurge as to performance. Only thing is it makes me hesitate to toss out eye makeup as recommended every month or so lol
Anything you buy in the shops, have your packages sent to the front store and pick them up before you leave the park
They still do that? Wish WDW would bring it back, more so the resort delivery feature. they tried to blame it on covid when i asked last trip, um yea, sure lol…just don’t have the employees to maintain the service.

Good morning Sans family
77AE03FA-875D-45AB-84A3-B1F9CB5C95E1.jpeg

5C7D8094-2A8F-4AB3-9A77-DBA23697C17B.jpeg

41E366DF-4766-4CA8-9F0D-8BCC8E6D0638.jpeg

Robo, good to hear from you, and nice to have a grandson visit. If weather is warm, a walk along the river sounds like a perfect way to spend some time today. Hope you are feeling good, and hope to cross paths with you this Fall

Thanks Lynne. Hope your tea is yummy this morning and you are enjoying your Mother’s Day.

The blue won't grab well or stay long if your hair isn't light enough. My natural color is blonde, but it's a darker shade now that I am older. I get it bleached to a platinum blonde, almost white. The light blue I am sporting now still only hangs around for a couple of weeks before it fades too much and I have to redye it. It's much lighter now than in my avatar pic. It's more work than I had initially thought it would be, but I enjoy it.

So glad to hear you get the results you want. Looks cool.

I am sorry we will miss each other.

Me too. Hopefully next year.

I dug up garden plot approx 12 X 20 feet Today. Figure i will sleep like TWD. soil heavy & wet, will let it dry out a bit before i attack it with hoe & rake. rewarding myself with a piece of ghiradelli

You need a chocolate sundae after that dig.

What else do you plant in your garden besides tomatoes?

Crossing my fingers, as I had an in-person interview with our health authority. I almost didn't apply to this job posting, as it is higher level of admin work, but I have lots of customer service based experience and cash handling experience (which was some of the preferred qualifications) It is not a permanent position, but it is also not just a term position either. Hours are what I already am working and would honestly prefer. But I would work different hours if it meant getting my foot in the door.

Sending you good wishes thst you get the position you area applying for.

Good flight, hotel is perfect again and we just enjoyed some good food, cocktails and banter in Strong Water…….:-)

Schumi so glad to hear you made it safely to Orlando and you all are enjoying the warm weather, good food and fellowship with your friends.

I have been wearing my crocs everywhere lately. The are the most comfortable shoes I have right now.

Hope your toe feels better soon.

Is it your big toe? If you have ever had issues with kidney stones and Doc has ruled out stress fracture or arthritis flare up have them rule out gout.

I won't be following my keto diet no matter what though while on vacation. I will just eat less cookie, right:thumbsup2 Plus, alcohol is liquid and doesn't really matter:rotfl2:

Sounds like you have a plan to enjoy your vacation.

You will be hiking off what ever you eat and drink anyway so enjoy what ever you want.

We all need to look in the mirror on Sunday and smile, knowing we’ve done our best by our kiddos!

Amen. Wise words.

I found out yesterday that the instructor for my digital editing class is one of dh’s former students. I think I will keep quiet about that and hope he doesn’t remember my name.

interesting. I’am sure it won’t matter. I bet you will breeze the through the class.

Eagerly sitting in the virtual waiting room at ticketmaster. Garth Brooks has only ONE Canadian stop and luckily it is where the kids live. So I'm trying to snag some tickets. And of course, now more family members are reaching out and hoping I can snag some for them too. I seem to have good luck getting tickets. Sooooooooooooooooooooo hopefully in about 45 minutes I'll have tickets in-hand

Got some tickets :jumping1: Not the best seats...but in a our CFL - Canadian football league area...not many seats will be "great". with 101,000 people in the building it's not about getting best seats. It sure would be nice though. But I'll take what we got.

Congratulations on scoring your Garth Brooks tickets. He is not only an incredible performer he is an all around good guy.

For Robo, take a bow! Happy nurses‘ day/weekend! :)

Thank you Keisha. Awesome minion tee.

Thanks for sharing that about nurses day keisha .

Hope Robbie has a great day

I think she knows more than some doctors I have seen..

Thank you Mac.

I hope your sis is enjoying her retirement.

My older sister and myself are retired and our younger sister K is still working. She is a awesome Nurse.

That reminds me. I had completely forgotten that DH's car got hit by a piece of tree/log while he was driving. I haven't seen it in person, because he left it at our metal building/shop outside of town and drove another car home. Luckily, he was fine. He was driving down the road and saw what he thought was a big bird flying toward the car. It turned out to be a big, thick piece of tree. He said it was log size. It broke the sunroof on the car into a bunch of shards of glass and dented the roof very heavily. It will be driveable to the body shop, but that's it. He had the sunroof cover closed, so not too much glass got into the car. He also had taken the shop vac back to the garage, so he was able to use that to vacuum out the glass. We have to wait for a couple of weeks to get it into the body shop. They are really good and always have a long wait.

Wow.......so glad to hear he was not injured, but scary experience for sure.

Up early this morning having a big mug of coffee. The sun is just starting to peek through. It’s 52 now and will warm up to 72. Temps are going to climb this week.

Planning on going to church this morning. I will have to do something with my broomhilda hair......LOL. I washed it yesterday evening and let it air dry. I have been losing hair post Covid. Hope it stops soon or there won’t to be much left. My hair dresser suggested I use Nioxin shampoo. I have been using it for about a month.

I have been busy in the yard. Weather has been really nice here for enjoying time in the garden.

I have also been working on our big master closet. I took a large load of clothes, shoes and purses to a local charity place. I will finish up tomorrow hopefully.

We are meeting up for lunch with our family today. Granddaughter made reservations at a local restaurant. It will be nice to see everyone and enjoy a good meal.

Enjoy Mother’s Day everyone. I hope your family celebrates you today. You all deserve it.

58F639A1-41E2-4939-81D7-773A3BC96B52.gif

Last edited:
@Charade67 yep, enjoying our time and the heat too……hope you enjoy the tearoom next week, always a rather lovely thing to do.

@Pumpkin1172 yes, it’s perfect right now for us, we love to visit in May and I love Sephora, still to visit them this time.

@keishashadow I admire your park commando style! I couldn’t do it, I think I’d fail miserably even trying……lol……

That is one heck of a picture you posted!!! Those folks were so lucky…..and enjoy your Mothers Day feast, it sounds amazing as your food always does!

@soniam I‘m glad your husband was ok and unhurt, yes metal is far easier to fix!

@ClapYourHands Welcome to the thread…….:)

We don‘t tend to visit the parks on weekends, far too busy for us usually especially with this being Mother’s Day weekend, so can’t help with wait times I’m afraid. But hopefully you’ll be ok and not too bad next weekend……you’re so close to your trip!

@macraven….some good advice above as always……hope you’re having a lovely day and enjoying some lovely weather too!

@Robo56 Hope you have a wonderful day today and good luck with the hair. I was losing hair last summer and it was all down to stress……..as soon as we could travel again, it was fine……lol…….

Have a lovely day with your family…….

Lazy morning today, got some laundry in at the moment, then we have the Mother’s Day brunch this afternoon, looking forward to that a lot!!!

We were so lucky last night to meet up with Raeven who does fabulous trip reports on here, she is so lovely in person as is her boyfriend Josh. We were sitting beside each other last night in Strong Water bar…….I was so glad she said hello and we managed to meet up finally……

Very late night for us again and one or two cocktails more than we should have……although they did keep giving us samples to try……(always blame someone else lol) fun night though!

Off to put washing in dryer……..Have a lovely day :sunny::sunny::sunny:

Happy Mother's Day!

Back from a lovely trip to UOR. It was nice to be back. Our first stop was Teak for lunch...they have the best hamburgers. We enjoyed our first stay at HRH. The staff was wonderful. We really enjoyed Club level. It was a nice surprise having a choice of specialty cocktails in addition to beer and wine. The room was nice but it could do with a little more lightening in the bathroom area. We didn't spend a lot of time at the pool but we did enjoy a delicious lunch at the Beach Club. It was an enjoyable stay but I think our preference is RPR. It just seems a bit more relaxing there. The parks were great as usual. We went to at least one park every day. We rode all our usuals. Hagrids is just the best. We rode it twice and waited about 45 minutes the first time and 25 the second time. We rode Velocioaster once. That one is a bit much for me. I don't like it when I come out of my seat. I liked to be firmly planted. Lol. When we were in line I swear I saw the sunglasses I lost last May. There is a spot in line right beside the water where the line switchbacks towards the building, we were looking in the water and there must be 20 pairs of glasses in that spot and Im pretty sure I saw mine in the water...lol.

The flight there was great, even landed 15 minutes early. The flight home was delayed due to plane issues so our plans to be in our driveway at 530pm turned into 130am. It was a looong day. It made for an even longer day at work just a few hours later. DS was not happy he had to go to school but he pushed through as well. Dh was the smart one and took the whole week off.

Had a nice day scrapbooking with friends yesterday. First time since November. I didn't get a lot done but never really do. Just enjoy catching up with old friends.

Getting ready to head out for an early seafood dinner for Mother's Day. Too tired to cook. If the wait is too long we will come up with something else. Hope everyone has a great day.

Cam…. That was 8 hours wait to get on the plane !!
I can feel your pain on that long delay for returning home

You beat my record by hours when my flight was once delayed

Enjoy your Mother’s Day dinner out for today!
A person can never go wrong with sea food
( unless they have allergies)

Zoo fun, then a too filling lunch at a
Mad Mex, a Target run with sone iced coffee, and a great Mothers Day so far.

Ooh I think I can get it:
B9E68B61-B589-435C-BA5A-D0635C3F0DBA.jpeg

Was feeding time for many, so was fun to see them eat.

You looking at me?
79F0DA5E-0D86-4CB4-A25E-E0652CEDD942.jpeg

Funny monkey. They were active, so were hard to get a picture.

First time we saw the red panda out, so cuddly looking one:
76C07B49-AAD0-4D88-8709-81ADF3387695.jpeg

And yeah, don’t blame this guy:
B277996F-1925-4D33-877A-423C5D9CE78D.jpeg

If ever a day if relaxing, it’s a Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter