Something About Nothing............ #14

Happy Mother’s Day everyone!!!!!!! I hope everyone has a great day.

@cam757 Plane issues are just so crazy lately. I constantly think about it now when it comes time to travel. Glad you made it home OK though.
Thanks! We flew to MCO on SW with no problems but our flight home was through Delta. The plane was completely boarded but they found a hydraulic leak when doing their inspection before take off. On the bright side, at least they discovered it before we took off. Just took a ridiculous amount of time to get rebooked.

Belated happy mother's day. I had my typical lazy Sunday. This may be my last lazy day for awhile. Classes start tomorrow.

Well, guess you file that into you can indeed hear a tree falling. Well, when it is a huge tree and it takes down a metal street light and electric wires as it ends fallen across the main street our street empties and you enter into. Our neighbors are still without power, and street is blocked, so we have to go around the little town and drive though the corner church’s parking lot to get into our cul de sac. At least no traffic on that road for now.
Yikes! Hope the neighbors weren't without power too long and didn't get much damage.
That reminds me. I had completely forgotten that DH's car got hit by a piece of tree/log while he was driving. I haven't seen it in person, because he left it at our metal building/shop outside of town and drove another car home. Luckily, he was fine. He was driving down the road and saw what he thought was a big bird flying toward the car. It turned out to be a big, thick piece of tree. He said it was log size. It broke the sunroof on the car into a bunch of shards of glass and dented the roof very heavily. It will be driveable to the body shop, but that's it. He had the sunroof cover closed, so not too much glass got into the car. He also had taken the shop vac back to the garage, so he was able to use that to vacuum out the glass. We have to wait for a couple of weeks to get it into the body shop. They are really good and always have a long wait.
Wow, that is very scary. So glad your dh is okay.
Is it your big toe? If you have ever had issues with kidney stones and Doc has ruled out stress fracture or arthritis flare up have them rule out gout.
It's the little toe. She did mention gout, but ruled it out. She said that gout would be very painful.
Back from a lovely trip to UOR.

The flight there was great, even landed 15 minutes early. The flight home was delayed due to plane issues so our plans to be in our driveway at 530pm turned into 130am. It was a looong day. It made for an even longer day at work just a few hours later. DS was not happy he had to go to school but he pushed through as well. Dh was the smart one and took the whole week off.
Glad you had a good trip. Bummer about the flight delay, but glad you made it home safely.

First time we saw the red panda out, so cuddly looking one:
So cute! I love red pandas, but they can be so elusive.

10:00 already. I should try to get some sleep. Not looking forward to going into work tomorrow.

Ah a Monday is here after a longer weekend. And yay, that sunrise was clear, so a most glorious sunny day. And another yay, as more seasonal 68 degrees the high today. 45 degrees out now, so jacket would still be needed. Will be commuting tomorrow, so I can see me having a jacket, then trying not to forget to bring it home, as doubt will need it with coming home tomorrow, and even Wednesday, is the same weather as today. But thankful, back to telecommuting the rest of the week and today.

Oh my, it’s the back to routine week day for me. Early riser with quicker getting up, and tea and screen.

So, ugh Cam, I hate a travel plane delay, I’ve been delayed where we should have gotten in at 8pm, we got in at 4am, and had a reservation with friends for breakfast a half hour away, at 8 am. We did make that breakfast, though a few minutes late, and were all tired the rest of the day. Thankfully, those delays are not the norm. Though over the years, we have had delays of just an hour or so, or one’s like that early hour arriving, where we got gift cards for future travel, and had to rebook when flights were cancelled. Glad you had a good trip. Should be plotting for more fun.

Thus, hope all had a good weekend, and thought of mom and thanked a nurse. A most Marvelous Monday all.

Safe travels Son, and find some yum to eat and drink.

Yay for B! Nice accomplishment, making dean’s list. Right to be a proud mom, Charade.

Well, what for lunch? Snap Pizza. We like Blaze better, but only one I know of for now is at Disney Springs, when we are there awhile ago. So, Snap will do. Traffic, though was nasty, why everyone out at lunch today?

Glorious blue, deep blue skies, with not a cloud in sight. Little one bought flower seeds to plant, so suggested we do that after I sign off. And I might have to go find a pair of dress pants for tomorrow. Sigh.

Quick mid-paper shuffle stop in :wave2:

It seems we all blinked and the weekend was done - even with it being Mother's Day!

Had a quiet great day yesterday. We did some of our regular routine - grocery shopping. That is the best day to go out. Everyone else is too busy trying to do mother's day stuff. So we were in and out quicker than usual. We usually go early to avoid the crowds anyways - but it was pretty quiet in the stores. We did go out for supper. Dh and boys took me out to the local steak house with dessert at Dairy Queen :mickeybarfor a hot fudge sunday. I was surprisingly spoiled with a giftcard for a day in a spa here in town and flowers as well. I guess since I didn't get anything last year (as per our health authority they were still in quarantine from me contracting the thing that shall not be named) so they spoiled me this year.

I hope everyone had a wonderful mother's day - no matter what category of motherhood you fall into.

That reminds me. I had completely forgotten that DH's car got hit by a piece of tree/log while he was driving.
WOW :scared1: Your dh's guardian angels were protecting him that day! I hope that the repairs are completed quickly
said spread=grilled chicken, pepperoni rolls, corn on cob, baked taters, tossed salad, some sort of pasta salad TBD & a banana split dessert I make rarely as so sugar laden. Ok, now I’m hungry, need to make some bacon pronto lol
Yum...let me clean up the Hommer Simpson pool of drool that seems to have formed on my desk and paperwork. Sounds like it was a tasty spread!
I washed it yesterday evening and let it air dry. I have been losing hair post Covid. Hope it stops soon or there won’t to be much left. My hair dresser suggested I use Nioxin shampoo. I have been using it for about a month.
I have been battling the same thing since I had covid! My hair not NOT the same. It is dry and seems to break easily. It has never been like that before. I have always had extremely healthy hair and even to the point, I try to rock my natural curls so that I don't have to use a blowdryer or any type of irons on my hair. It has taken lots of work to get it back into shape, but I can see the new growth coming back. Have faith - what has broken off or lost will come back. This is NOT an uncommon symptom that people have noticed after having covid.
We were so lucky last night to meet up with Raeven who does fabulous trip reports on here, she is so lovely in person as is her boyfriend Josh. We were sitting beside each other last night in Strong Water bar…….I was so glad she said hello and we managed to meet up finally……
That is awesome. I have read many of her trip reports!
Back from a lovely trip to UOR. It was nice to be back. Our first stop was Teak for lunch...they have the best hamburgers. We enjoyed our first stay at HRH. The staff was wonderful. We really enjoyed Club level. It was a nice surprise having a choice of specialty cocktails in addition to beer and wine. The room was nice but it could do with a little more lightening in the bathroom area. We didn't spend a lot of time at the pool but we did enjoy a delicious lunch at the Beach Club. It was an enjoyable stay but I think our preference is RPR. It just seems a bit more relaxing there. The parks were great as usual. We went to at least one park every day. We rode all our usuals. Hagrids is just the best. We rode it twice and waited about 45 minutes the first time and 25 the second time. We rode Velocioaster once. That one is a bit much for me. I don't like it when I come out of my seat. I liked to be firmly planted. Lol. When we were in line I swear I saw the sunglasses I lost last May. There is a spot in line right beside the water where the line switchbacks towards the building, we were looking in the water and there must be 20 pairs of glasses in that spot and Im pretty sure I saw mine in the water...lol.
Yay on a return to the parks! I know that the airports in Canada are extremely understaffed causing many delays and 4-5 hr long waits to ge through security and customs. It is mind blowing. Just another check showing inept our fed government actually is. It's a freaking circus act here lately. It's even worse if you need to renew your passport.
h a Monday is here after a longer weekend. And yay, that sunrise was clear, so a most glorious sunny day. And another yay, as more seasonal 68 degrees the high today. 45 degrees out now, so jacket would still be needed. Will be commuting tomorrow, so I can see me having a jacket, then trying not to forget to bring it home, as doubt will need it with coming home tomorrow, and even Wednesday, is the same weather as today. But thankful, back to telecommuting the rest of the week and today.
Your weather sounds lovely! We woke up to a small accumulation of snow. It was cold, with a ssnow/rain mix all weekend. It finally got cold enough last night for it to stick. Ugh... I am soooooooooooooooo done with the weather.
Quick mom brag post. B finally got the grade on her last paper. She made the Dean’s list. :jumping3::Pinkbounc:stitch::simba::tigger::donald::dumbo::goofy::mickeyjum
What a great accomplishment! You have every right to brag!

Well, I should shuffle more papers around and get some spreadsheets sent to head office.
Have a great day everyone!!!!
Edited to add my view this morning
PXL_20220509_144007042.jpg

I will be a little scarce this week. Heading out tomorrow morning to WDW for my friends' wedding on Friday. Got to finish packing and last minute stuff. Epcot food booths, here I come:rotfl2:
How fun. Hope you have a great time and good weather.
@Charade67 Congrats to you and your daughter! That's excellent!
Thanks Sonia.
Yay for B! Nice accomplishment, making dean’s list. Right to be a proud mom, Charade.
Thanks Lynne.
Well, what for lunch? Snap Pizza. We like Blaze better, but only one I know of for now is at Disney Springs, when we are there awhile ago. So, Snap will do. Traffic, though was nasty, why everyone out at lunch today?
I'm not familiar with Snap, but we have a Blaze here. I love being able to customize individual pizzas. B only gets pepperoni, and sometimes I prefer something more creative.

Your weather sounds lovely! We woke up to a small accumulation of snow. It was cold, with a ssnow/rain mix all weekend. It finally got cold enough last night for it to stick. Ugh... I am soooooooooooooooo done with the weather.
Yuck. Hope this is the last of it.
Thanks pumpkin.

I am trying to navigate my new classes. Things have changed a lot since the last time I took online classes. One of the things all the classes require is that we post an an introduction about ourselves. I was reading some of them and one guy's name seemed so familiar. I checked work records and yes, he was once a client at my office. I will be keeping that bit of information to myself.

Well, I’m commuting tomorrow, with going to see a good handful of my coworkers, and my brother just called to say, my niece is positive, so she is now going to virtual class for the next week. She is vaccinated, but hey, been in class with kids and she’s 8 years old. Says she’s coughing and stuffy nose. Masks are not required at my work. I will be wearing one. I hope to goodness, as also vaccinated, that I don’t catch anything from being in my building tomorrow. Sigh. And even more yeah news I don’t want to hear, as DH said his DC office was back to work, and all were sent home today, as several positives were found today.

And since such a glorious sunny day, steaks on the grill. Yay!

Quick mom brag post. B finally got the grade on her last paper. She made the Dean’s list. :jumping3::Pinkbounc:stitch::simba::tigger::donald::dumbo::goofy::mickeyjum

Congratulations to your daughter, quite an achievement.

I will be a little scarce this week. Heading out tomorrow morning to WDW for my friends' wedding on Friday. Got to finish packing and last minute stuff. Epcot food booths, here I come:rotfl2:

Have a lovely time…….

Quick mid-paper shuffle stop in :wave2:

It seems we all blinked and the weekend was done - even with it being Mother's Day!

Had a quiet great day yesterday. We did some of our regular routine - grocery shopping. That is the best day to go out. Everyone else is too busy trying to do mother's day stuff. So we were in and out quicker than usual. We usually go early to avoid the crowds anyways - but it was pretty quiet in the stores. We did go out for supper. Dh and boys took me out to the local steak house with dessert at Dairy Queen :mickeybarfor a hot fudge sunday. I was surprisingly spoiled with a giftcard for a day in a spa here in town and flowers as well. I guess since I didn't get anything last year (as per our health authority they were still in quarantine from me contracting the thing that shall not be named) so they spoiled me this year.

I hope everyone had a wonderful mother's day - no matter what category of motherhood you fall into.

WOW :scared1: Your dh's guardian angels were protecting him that day! I hope that the repairs are completed quickly

Yum...let me clean up the Hommer Simpson pool of drool that seems to have formed on my desk and paperwork. Sounds like it was a tasty spread!

I have been battling the same thing since I had covid! My hair not NOT the same. It is dry and seems to break easily. It has never been like that before. I have always had extremely healthy hair and even to the point, I try to rock my natural curls so that I don't have to use a blowdryer or any type of irons on my hair. It has taken lots of work to get it back into shape, but I can see the new growth coming back. Have faith - what has broken off or lost will come back. This is NOT an uncommon symptom that people have noticed after having covid.

That is awesome. I have read many of her trip reports!

Yay on a return to the parks! I know that the airports in Canada are extremely understaffed causing many delays and 4-5 hr long waits to ge through security and customs. It is mind blowing. Just another check showing inept our fed government actually is. It's a freaking circus act here lately. It's even worse if you need to renew your passport.

Well, I should shuffle more papers around and get some spreadsheets sent to head office.
Have a great day everyone!!!!
Edited to add my view this morning
View attachment 668088

UK airports are experiencing similar issues. Long waits just to get through security. We had Fast Trak and were so grateful we did, less than 7 minutes compared to 2 hours. The airport we flew from and that particular terminal are not doing too bad, but without Fast Trak…..nightmare.

As for passports, yes, they are telling us 10 weeks here, but Kyle renewed his in April and he was lucky and got his back in 5 weeks. But for some folks, my goodness it’s a nightmare.

Snow!!! No, time for it to go……

Well, we’ve been here a week now and it hasn’t flown past for some reason…….it’s just been nice and relaxing.

Had a fabulous day today…….rode Velocicoaster twice, line for Hagrids was ridiculous so we didn’t bother and had a fabulous experience with Spider-Man.

Weather is glorious…….we had a lovely breeze today which just took the edge off the heat….not complaining as the weather has been gorgeous since we arrived.

Trying to decide between parks or Sarasota tomorrow……will decide in the morning after breakfast.

Ah yes, that Taco Tuesday is here, and yay the day, Mac can have her Taco Bell meal.

And so, no matter where, online early. With this view for today, out my window:
415793B2-38EC-433D-90F0-50339F036B4C.jpeg

Yep, I do work in the city, but in the far NE of it.

Still quiet as many are not as early as I am.

Gloriously sunny again, with a little cool feeling breeze, but still will see 70 degrees this afternoon. 54 degrees out now, and a bit cool feeling inside, but have a open sweater like jacket to wear soon, As holding tea mug, is only warning my hands.

AB845F1F-8D83-401E-9D7F-8F9E2C724FA5.jpeg
Nice, quite start to what looks like a full day here. weather was glorious yesterday, hope it holds for awhile so we can resume the yard work…whee :)

the mr & I are both packing in many dr & dentist appts this month as health insurance will change next month i.e. new deductible. Mine will switch yet again in August. Hope to not spend a dime on an aspirin in June or July lol.

Mother’s Day was very nice Here. eldest DS‘s family gifted the two of us zoo memberships. cardiac hills there, mostly shady though, will make for some nice walks as only half an hour from home in regular traffic. Another gave us GC to cover two trips to Texas Roadhouse (yum). The other borrowed money from me. Something never change, no matter the day:crazy:

then we have the Mother’s Day brunch this afternoon, looking forward to that a lot!!!
How was it This year?
Our first stop was Teak for lunch...they have the best hamburgers.
Indeed. speaking as one who mostly dwells at WDW, is it wrong to wish it was located south of U vs north? surprised they never opened another in celebration area.
The flight home was delayed due to plane issues so our plans to be in our driveway at 530pm turned into 130am.
Oh geez, what a way to end a trip. Did they offer any compensation for your inconvenience? My understanding is they all are getting very tight fisted for nearly all issues other than flight crew staffing
Sounds like a nice day
Plane issues are just so crazy lately. I constantly think about it now when it comes time to travel
For me it’s focused on the way, not home…new benefit of retirement :)
On the bright side, at least they discovered it before we took off. Just took a ridiculous amount of time to get rebooked.
Seriously!!!
She said that gout would be very painful.
Mr went thru it once. The RXs worked very quickly for him. Only one reoccurrence & knowing the symptoms had it stopped within a few days.
I will be a little scarce this week. Heading out tomorrow morning to WDW for my friends' wedding on Friday. Got to finish packing and last minute stuff. Epcot food booths, here I come
Enjoy enjoy! Curious to see what you find interesting @ the booths, we absolutely struck out this year. Was rather slim pickings for us in the past spring & fall too tho.
dessert at Dairy Queen :mickeybarfor a hot fudge sunday
I see what you did there lol. I’m more of a blizzard girl there.
let me clean up the Hommer Simpson pool of drool that seems to have formed on my desk and paperwork.
Hahaha
have been battling the same thing since I had covid! My hair not NOT the same. It is dry and seems to break easily.
two of my DS have said the same thing. Like Robbie they’ve tried various products. nexxus with biotin seems to help the best. Bought them both multivitamins too, the one who took them consistently for a few months seems to be faring better On that front.
I checked work records and yes, he was once a client at my office. I will be keeping that bit of information to myself.
two of my DS who work in medical field said hippa is no joke, they receive mandated training every year to meet their licensing requirements. Has to be awkward meeting patients outside of the professional environment in those situations.
my niece is positive, so she is now going to virtual class for the next week. She is vaccinated, but hey, been in class with kids and she’s 8 years old.
Aw, poor kid. Good luck to her
DH said his DC office was back to work, and all were sent home today, as several positives were found today.
sigh, talk about a waste of time & effort along with health scares there.

Not to be a downer, the rates are up 10% here. thinking even further spread, as most now doing self tests & not reporting. Hopefully, more time spent outdoors in fresh air will put an end to that. I’m guessing some Easter group visits’ fallout. along with new variants & many not fully vaxxed, it’s really not an unexpected development in my book:confused3

Had somebody recently mention the above & pointedly inquire if we were going to cancel our various summer travel. poor dear, she seemed so disappointed when I emphatically said no. Explained we will follow the same common sense protocols we’ve employed since we started to travel again.

while that wolf in sheep’s clothing was visibly shaking her head, I was this close to reminding her I’ve never seen her wear a mask properly. Bonus points, she enjoys a heavy social calendar, including hours spent inside bars smoozing = zero room to judge another In my book.

Those who know me in RL will be shocked I took the high road. :rotfl:

Yep, I do work in the city, but in the far NE of it.

Hopefully, you escape most of the traffic

Hah, your kids Keisha, but nice presents from 2 out of 3. Yeah, my morning commute is easy, as I leave before the sun comes up. The afternoon one, always lots of traffic, and when school is in session, usually I add 10 more minutes to the drive home, as by the time the senior high kids get out, rush hour starts.

Oh I’m so ready for lunch. Will still do my lunchtime walk.

Quick morning stop in :wave2:

Not much to report here. The snow was still here this morning :furious: It finally stopped snowing around 9:00 pm last night. Hopefully the weather forecast is correct and we will get to 14C or 57F. That I can live with! I stayed in last night - no gym. Once I was home...that was it. I wasn't moving! Supper was ham and scalloped potatoes. It was a perfect meal for a cold gross day.

Not much on the agenda for today. Work is slow. It's our slow season now. Going to do a little organizing and cleaning of my office. Time to purge a few things that are no longer used.
I am trying to navigate my new classes. Things have changed a lot since the last time I took online classes. One of the things all the classes require is that we post an an introduction about ourselves. I was reading some of them and one guy's name seemed so familiar. I checked work records and yes, he was once a client at my office. I will be keeping that bit of information to myself.
I felt the same way, when I first started. You will do fantastic!!! Once you get into your groove, you will rock it! But I will admit I hated doing an introduction of myself in discussion boards.

Bought them both multivitamins too, the one who took them consistently for a few months seems to be faring better On that front.
I have been wanting to try that. I think I'll be picking up the one I have been eyeing. My hair has never been thick...but now :rolleyes2 It is nice to know that it worked for someone.
Had somebody recently mention the above & pointedly inquire if we were going to cancel our various summer travel. poor dear, she seemed so disappointed when I emphatically said no. Explained we will follow the same common sense protocols we’ve employed since we started to travel again.
I hate when people comment about us travelling as much as we do - Florida, going to see the kids, family in different areas. I just politely remind them my perspective of the virus is different from others, as we have been working full time this whole time :rolleyes1 NO hiding at home for us.
Oh I’m so ready for lunch. Will still do my lunchtime walk.
I will be hitting a few stores this week over lunch to get some steps in. Too cold and windy yet to do any outside walking.

Well, I should get going and shuffle a few more papers.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Howdy SANs folk! Horrible, absentee Disboarder BuckeeV here! Time is just flying by every day! Happy Belated Mum’s Day to all you SuperHuman Gals! We owe y’all our life. Literally. 😍😍😍
so much going on here but a couple of “highlights”….
Cousin Andy’s hurricane Harvey home rebuild is almost finished! There have been some issues with contractors, of course, but it is gonna be such an incredible upgrade for this guy who has never had anything nice in his life. I don’t recall how much of the specifics I have shared here but “short“ story is:
Patricia’s mentally challenged cousin had 2-1/2 feet of flood water in his house when Hurricane Harvey inundated the NE corner of Harris County with FIVE FEET of rain in 5 days.. Knocked the 120 year old house off it’s foundation. We housed him temporarily while we had it reset and then we made about 20K worth of ”bandaid fixes” to get essential stuff working again. Patricia started working on securing some help. Big help.
Fast forward a few years to January of this year…got the word all of the paperwork was finally approved! They tore down the old house on February 26th and it is about 95% done now! Since his Dad died 13 years ago, Patricia and I and her parents-when they were able-have been responsible for almost every aspect of this guy’s life. We.Are.Tired! But SOOOO happy for him.

And, oh yeah, I’m going to Disneyland! ( Seriousl. I AM really going to Disneyland later this month!) Driving The BEETLE! 😳 Deets to follow. (LOL…. “Deets”…using the cool kids words.) 🤣

View attachment 668215
Nice, quite start to what looks like a full day here. weather was glorious yesterday, hope it holds for awhile so we can resume the yard work…whee :)

the mr & I are both packing in many dr & dentist appts this month as health insurance will change next month i.e. new deductible. Mine will switch yet again in August. Hope to not spend a dime on an aspirin in June or July lol.

Mother’s Day was very nice Here. eldest DS‘s family gifted the two of us zoo memberships. cardiac hills there, mostly shady though, will make for some nice walks as only half an hour from home in regular traffic. Another gave us GC to cover two trips to Texas Roadhouse (yum). The other borrowed money from me. Something never change, no matter the day:crazy:

How was it This year?

Indeed. speaking as one who mostly dwells at WDW, is it wrong to wish it was located south of U vs north? surprised they never opened another in celebration area.

Oh geez, what a way to end a trip. Did they offer any compensation for your inconvenience? My understanding is they all are getting very tight fisted for nearly all issues other than flight crew staffing

Sounds like a nice day

For me it’s focused on the way, not home…new benefit of retirement :)

Seriously!!!

Mr went thru it once. The RXs worked very quickly for him. Only one reoccurrence & knowing the symptoms had it stopped within a few days.

Enjoy enjoy! Curious to see what you find interesting @ the booths, we absolutely struck out this year. Was rather slim pickings for us in the past spring & fall too tho.

I see what you did there lol. I’m more of a blizzard girl there.

Hahaha

two of my DS have said the same thing. Like Robbie they’ve tried various products. nexxus with biotin seems to help the best. Bought them both multivitamins too, the one who took them consistently for a few months seems to be faring better On that front.

two of my DS who work in medical field said hippa is no joke, they receive mandated training every year to meet their licensing requirements. Has to be awkward meeting patients outside of the professional environment in those situations.

Aw, poor kid. Good luck to her

sigh, talk about a waste of time & effort along with health scares there.

Not to be a downer, the rates are up 10% here. thinking even further spread, as most now doing self tests & not reporting. Hopefully, more time spent outdoors in fresh air will put an end to that. I’m guessing some Easter group visits’ fallout. along with new variants & many not fully vaxxed, it’s really not an unexpected development in my book:confused3

while that wolf in sheep’s clothing was visibly shaking her head, I was this close to reminding her I’ve never seen her wear a mask properly. Bonus points, she enjoys a heavy social calendar, including hours spent inside bars smoozing = zero room to judge another In my book.

Those who know me in RL will be shocked I took the high road. :rotfl:

Hopefully, you escape most of the traffic

I agree about delays, but DH and DS still have obligations. Poor guys🤣

I got the hibiscus lemonade with gin from near Test track and the flatbread from Honey Bee. So far so good.

Quick morning stop in :wave2:

Not much to report here. The snow was still here this morning :furious: It finally stopped snowing around 9:00 pm last night. Hopefully the weather forecast is correct and we will get to 14C or 57F. That I can live with! I stayed in last night - no gym. Once I was home...that was it. I wasn't moving! Supper was ham and scalloped potatoes. It was a perfect meal for a cold gross day.

Not much on the agenda for today. Work is slow. It's our slow season now. Going to do a little organizing and cleaning of my office. Time to purge a few things that are no longer used.

I felt the same way, when I first started. You will do fantastic!!! Once you get into your groove, you will rock it! But I will admit I hated doing an introduction of myself in discussion boards.

I have been wanting to try that. I think I'll be picking up the one I have been eyeing. My hair has never been thick...but now :rolleyes2 It is nice to know that it worked for someone.

I hate when people comment about us travelling as much as we do - Florida, going to see the kids, family in different areas. I just politely remind them my perspective of the virus is different from others, as we have been working full time this whole time :rolleyes1 NO hiding at home for us.

I will be hitting a few stores this week over lunch to get some steps in. Too cold and windy yet to do any outside walking.

Well, I should get going and shuffle a few more papers.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Even though we were skittish, we still traveled in 2020 & 2021. We were all working/schooling from home and didn’t really go anywhere else. At this point, I’m like whatever. I think I won’t be too bad off if I do catch it. I still wore a mask in the airport and plane, mostly to cut down in nearby odors🤣

The sun has finally come out and the snow that accumulated is melting fast now. But geeze...I still hate seeing snow at this time of year. Now it's just sloppy outside again. Waiting for 4:30 to come. Looking for bedroom inspiration ideas. I think when dh and ds go away for our long weekend coming up, I will refresh our bedroom!

Cousin Andy’s hurricane Harvey home rebuild is almost finished! There have been some issues with contractors, of course, but it is gonna be such an incredible upgrade for this guy who has never had anything nice in his life. I don’t recall how much of the specifics I have shared here but “short“ story is:
Patricia’s mentally challenged cousin had 2-1/2 feet of flood water in his house when Hurricane Harvey inundated the NE corner of Harris County with FIVE FEET of rain in 5 days.. Knocked the 120 year old house off it’s foundation. We housed him temporarily while we had it reset and then we made about 20K worth of ”bandaid fixes” to get essential stuff working again. Patricia started working on securing some help. Big help.
Fast forward a few years to January of this year…got the word all of the paperwork was finally approved! They tore down the old house on February 26th and it is about 95% done now! Since his Dad died 13 years ago, Patricia and I and her parents-when they were able-have been responsible for almost every aspect of this guy’s life. We.Are.Tired! But SOOOO happy for him.

And, oh yeah, I’m going to Disneyland! ( Seriousl. I AM really going to Disneyland later this month!) Driving The BEETLE! 😳 Deets to follow. (LOL…. “Deets”…using the cool kids words.) 🤣
:wave2: That is exciting news on all fronts! Enjoy your park time!!!! I'm not jealous at all :rolleyes1 :laughing:
I still wore a mask in the airport and plane, mostly to cut down in nearby odors🤣
We did too...only because the powers that be still want masks to be worn on public transportation. I think I will probably wear masks on planes more often now - even on our 6+ hr long haul ones. I seem to always pick something up when flying

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter