Something About Nothing............ #14

Buckeev! :worship:

I was fixing dinner and just now back to catch up on the Darkside

I remember when the hurricane hit your area and the cousin lost his home

You are a shining star to get his house all fixed up!
There should be more peeps like youse ..

Wish you safe travels for your upcoming trip!
Have a grand time at the original Disneyland

Hugs!

Yay for Buckeev, and nice to always help family.

Yep, I file snow in May as just wrong too. Glad snow is melting away for ya, Pumpkin.

Cinderella here, as not even going to make it until midnight. Too a little nap around dinner time, but ready to hear that alarm in the wee hours. So a good night to ya all. Ooh and a camel and haircut tomorrow.

View attachment 668215
Nice, quite start to what looks like a full day here. weather was glorious yesterday, hope it holds for awhile so we can resume the yard work…whee :)

the mr & I are both packing in many dr & dentist appts this month as health insurance will change next month i.e. new deductible. Mine will switch yet again in August. Hope to not spend a dime on an aspirin in June or July lol.

Mother’s Day was very nice Here. eldest DS‘s family gifted the two of us zoo memberships. cardiac hills there, mostly shady though, will make for some nice walks as only half an hour from home in regular traffic. Another gave us GC to cover two trips to Texas Roadhouse (yum). The other borrowed money from me. Something never change, no matter the day:crazy:

How was it This year?

Indeed. speaking as one who mostly dwells at WDW, is it wrong to wish it was located south of U vs north? surprised they never opened another in celebration area.

Oh geez, what a way to end a trip. Did they offer any compensation for your inconvenience? My understanding is they all are getting very tight fisted for nearly all issues other than flight crew staffing

Sounds like a nice day

For me it’s focused on the way, not home…new benefit of retirement :)

Seriously!!!

Mr went thru it once. The RXs worked very quickly for him. Only one reoccurrence & knowing the symptoms had it stopped within a few days.

Enjoy enjoy! Curious to see what you find interesting @ the booths, we absolutely struck out this year. Was rather slim pickings for us in the past spring & fall too tho.

I see what you did there lol. I’m more of a blizzard girl there.

Hahaha

two of my DS have said the same thing. Like Robbie they’ve tried various products. nexxus with biotin seems to help the best. Bought them both multivitamins too, the one who took them consistently for a few months seems to be faring better On that front.

two of my DS who work in medical field said hippa is no joke, they receive mandated training every year to meet their licensing requirements. Has to be awkward meeting patients outside of the professional environment in those situations.

Aw, poor kid. Good luck to her

sigh, talk about a waste of time & effort along with health scares there.

Not to be a downer, the rates are up 10% here. thinking even further spread, as most now doing self tests & not reporting. Hopefully, more time spent outdoors in fresh air will put an end to that. I’m guessing some Easter group visits’ fallout. along with new variants & many not fully vaxxed, it’s really not an unexpected development in my book:confused3

Had somebody recently mention the above & pointedly inquire if we were going to cancel our various summer travel. poor dear, she seemed so disappointed when I emphatically said no. Explained we will follow the same common sense protocols we’ve employed since we started to travel again.

while that wolf in sheep’s clothing was visibly shaking her head, I was this close to reminding her I’ve never seen her wear a mask properly. Bonus points, she enjoys a heavy social calendar, including hours spent inside bars smoozing = zero room to judge another In my book.

Those who know me in RL will be shocked I took the high road. :rotfl:

Hopefully, you escape most of the traffic

Mother‘s Day brunch was excellent again Janet. Lots of choices and seafood was a favourite……oysters (lush), shrimp, crab, mussels, smoked salmon and ceviches, different meats, salmon, prime rib, churrasco beef, duck legs, chicken and sides then charcuterie and salads with all the extras and then desserts!! All enjoyed with never ending bubbly 🥂

Fernando, the manager of Strong Water booked it for us and had us sat beside them which was lovely, we’ve met his wife several times, she is so nice, so it was a lovely afternoon. I’d do it again.

Yes, people who comment about others travel habits need to wind their necks in…….you do right.

Teak Neighborhood Grill do have another two locations, Rus Teak in Ocoee, we went to that one a good few years back and they have another near Lake Eola. Both wrong side for wdw. I think Teak is better to be honest, we’ve been going there since 2007. Donut burger is a classic!

Quick morning stop in :wave2:

Not much to report here. The snow was still here this morning :furious: It finally stopped snowing around 9:00 pm last night. Hopefully the weather forecast is correct and we will get to 14C or 57F. That I can live with! I stayed in last night - no gym. Once I was home...that was it. I wasn't moving! Supper was ham and scalloped potatoes. It was a perfect meal for a cold gross day.

Not much on the agenda for today. Work is slow. It's our slow season now. Going to do a little organizing and cleaning of my office. Time to purge a few things that are no longer used.

I felt the same way, when I first started. You will do fantastic!!! Once you get into your groove, you will rock it! But I will admit I hated doing an introduction of myself in discussion boards.

I have been wanting to try that. I think I'll be picking up the one I have been eyeing. My hair has never been thick...but now :rolleyes2 It is nice to know that it worked for someone.

I hate when people comment about us travelling as much as we do - Florida, going to see the kids, family in different areas. I just politely remind them my perspective of the virus is different from others, as we have been working full time this whole time :rolleyes1 NO hiding at home for us.

I will be hitting a few stores this week over lunch to get some steps in. Too cold and windy yet to do any outside walking.

Well, I should get going and shuffle a few more papers.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Hope you warm up soon…….and yes, I think folks need to realise we don’t all want to hide away from life…..and that’s ok, but some just don’t get it.

Good luck!

Seriously, such unsolicited, back-handed advice verges into some very tacky territory lol

Tacky is a polite word for it……I can think of a few choice words to describe some folks and their back handed comments……::yes::

Howdy SANs folk! Horrible, absentee Disboarder BuckeeV here! Time is just flying by every day! Happy Belated Mum’s Day to all you SuperHuman Gals! We owe y’all our life. Literally. 😍😍😍
so much going on here but a couple of “highlights”….
Cousin Andy’s hurricane Harvey home rebuild is almost finished! There have been some issues with contractors, of course, but it is gonna be such an incredible upgrade for this guy who has never had anything nice in his life. I don’t recall how much of the specifics I have shared here but “short“ story is:
Patricia’s mentally challenged cousin had 2-1/2 feet of flood water in his house when Hurricane Harvey inundated the NE corner of Harris County with FIVE FEET of rain in 5 days.. Knocked the 120 year old house off it’s foundation. We housed him temporarily while we had it reset and then we made about 20K worth of ”bandaid fixes” to get essential stuff working again. Patricia started working on securing some help. Big help.
Fast forward a few years to January of this year…got the word all of the paperwork was finally approved! They tore down the old house on February 26th and it is about 95% done now! Since his Dad died 13 years ago, Patricia and I and her parents-when they were able-have been responsible for almost every aspect of this guy’s life. We.Are.Tired! But SOOOO happy for him.

And, oh yeah, I’m going to Disneyland! ( Seriousl. I AM really going to Disneyland later this month!) Driving The BEETLE! 😳 Deets to follow. (LOL…. “Deets”…using the cool kids words.) 🤣

Good to see you buckeev

Hole you have a blast at DL and heartwarming to hear your cousins home is almost in place now! Sounds like he deserves some goodness and how fortunate to have such wonderful relatives like you and your wife around to help care for him……happy to hear his news.

We had around 85F today…….had a slight headache this morning, so we decided to have a lazy-ish day and do some shopping and went to a few places then lunch. It is gorgeous so we wandered round the outlet centre after that, but didn’t see much.

Have some plans coming up this weekend and into next weekend for meets with Dis folks and someone who used to work at RP but has left now, then we have JaxDad and worfiedoodles coming up soon…….and already met Raeven and SCSabresfan and his wife in Orchids and again in the Club Lounge, always nice.

And this is a beautiful view out of the window from our suite……..::yes::

Sky was beautiful again today…..and we could just see the moon lurking in the distance.

6FCD7714-545C-41B3-A97A-AB28613D6B11.jpeg

Dinner was in Citywalk, and now back to suite for nightcap and then bed……ready for tomorrow……..:sunny:

Schumi that is a great picture!
I know you are having a super time and busy all day long

Great you have been able to do meet and greets and catch up with a lot of peeps.

Have you encountered many crowds in the parks ?
Many - many years ago when I went in early May, it was a great time without long ride waits.

Schumi that is a great picture!
I know you are having a super time and busy all day long

Great you have been able to do meet and greets and catch up with a lot of peeps.

Have you encountered many crowds in the parks ?
Many - many years ago when I went in early May, it was a great time without long ride waits.

We are having the best time!!!

This is the busiest May we have seen since we started visiting at this time of year, but we are usually in and out in a couple of hours so we haven’t noticed afternoon crowds.

It’s busy, but manageable iykwim…….to get on Velocicoaster in 25 minutes isn’t too bad. Lines seem to be ok……..it is quieter since the weekend passed.

Would still rather be here than most other place……..::yes::

Well, UO and RP is your second home.
You have many friends there and it’s like a party for all to see you in Orlando.

I read some posts earlier today about longer line waits and assumed that May is no longer crowd free

The EP is our best friend for the parks !

C6D8D5B9-E137-4FC7-97E2-7A6A0AC30F17.jpeg

Yay, as a Wednesday is here, and yep, May all have that happy day today, as we get over such a most perfect description of a hump of a day, and yay, Friday to be here in two more days, ending that week day routine. Woot!

And like the camel, we too are having that one more glorious sunshine start of the day. Then a partly cloudy morning, and an overcast sky the rest of the day, with a cloud covered Thursday too. The weather is timing more rain to come, just in time for Friday and Saturday. But at least almost 70 degrees is the high today, with us averaging more like closer to 70 degrees and low to mid 70’s in the 7 day forecast. Has been a cool feeling Spring.

Schumi, glad you are having great weather, good foods, enjoying the hotel, great view from your suite, and hope your headache went away. Nice to meet up with friends.

Ah yes, not much other news than weather. Was up just before the alarm went off. As missed dinner last night, teapot and skillet was on the stove. Eggs and some cheese was easy to cook fast enough, so some cheesy eggs was a quick breakfast with my tea. House feels almost too cool, and it’s 48 degrees out now, so may grab that throw to out over my lap. And will be that pampered homie, having my hair not gray, well more like white, and will have that just at the hair salon look right around dinner time. Yep, will be a quick turn off that screen, and cross all fingers and toes for me, that older one comes with me. He really needs to look like he did get his hair cut too. Oddly, he has a day off today. And little one still wants to go to USO soon. Just maybe, now hotel rates are sometimes better, but the late looking for airfare has shown oh my goodness, no way using SW fares, and starting to look at other carriers. Even if we only carry on, we can get all the bottled items we need there, and toss them when we leave. Still with that have to buy, with much lower priced fare, would be still cheaper then free check in bags with SW fares right now. Sigh. But a hehe, she’s starting to be a plotting kid now.

That happy and most wonderful Wednesday all.

Well, UO and RP is your second home.
You have many friends there and it’s like a party for all to see you in Orlando.

I read some posts earlier today about longer line waits and assumed that May is no longer crowd free

The EP is our best friend for the parks !

Absolutely mac……wouldn’t be without EP.

EP lines have been fine to be honest, maybe with the exception of Minions where we waited maybe 10 minutes just because of a glitch, but everything else has been a walk on.

I do agree, it’s not as quiet as previous May trips we’ve had……but completely manageable…….we even lined up to meet Spider-Man on Monday ::yes::story to follow of course…….lol…….

Hope you’re enjoying some lovely weather too……..:sunny::sunny::sunny:

Had a much better sleep last night as some good old hayfever Med bought from a pharmacy helped a lot.

Sitting through in our lounge watching that beautiful sunrise again while Tom still snoozes with a glass of orange juice from the coldest fridge on the planet……it’s fabulous.

Will head over to RP for breakfast soon then think some park time today, not sure which park yet, we’ll decide later. But another glorious day ahead and we’ve still not seen a single drop of rain yet……..:worship:

Happy Wednesday 😉

908E3238-EA98-424B-AFA8-843EBAC09F16.jpeg
Another beeutiful day in my ‘hood. one of those amazon warehouse auction sites popped up 3 miles from my home. Uh oh :) I predict a long & happy relationship

already picked up one of those beach tarp things I had been eyeing for 2/3rds off. so much easier than hauling one of those heavy umbrellas. Hope to get a lot of use out of it this summer. Today, off to grab what appears to be new in box carpet scrubber for youngest DS. He ahem needs one after watching my dog so many times:rolleyes1.

Everyone plays nice in this thread !
If not, we get our just desserts…20 lashes with a wet noodle.;)
Mother‘s Day brunch was excellent again Janet. Lots of choices and seafood was a favourite……oysters (lush), shrimp, crab, mussels, smoked salmon and ceviches, different meats, salmon, prime rib, churrasco beef, duck legs, chicken and sides then charcuterie and salads with all the extras and then desserts!! All enjoyed with never ending bubbly 🥂
I’ve read that a couple of times…now, time to go cook bacon instead of the yogurt I was aiming for today. is that the one at islands? Sounds fancier than last I looked at menu. When there that time period, always departed on Mother’s Day, proper. Never had a chance to try it.
Donut burger is a classic!
I’ve some that were downright nasty at other places, had sworn off them until you recommended.
had a slight headache this morning, so we decided to have a lazy-ish day and do some shopping and went to a few places then lunch. It is gorgeous so we wandered round the outlet centre after that, but didn’t see much.
Isn’t it nice to have a long enough vacation that you can just putter around as the spirit moves you? I’ve envied you and Mac for having that sort booked. :thumbsup2

Tree pollen is thru the roof here this week. I just checked for giggles, grass pollen is high in MCO right now. Was wondering if something was indeed blowing in the wind that was triggering you.

Yeah, our cars and streets still have sone pollen on them. Older one is heavily medicated. He came home yesterday, not feeling well. More asthmatic medicine, and he felt better by the time he went to bed. Poor kid. Any type of pollen kicks off an asthma reaction. And the store he works in, has fresh flower and other plants around. The time of year, gardens and lawns are freshened up, and decorated.

Ooh not only a hump of a day, but a whopper of one, and a dumpling of one. Burger almost snob little one, will only order fries from BK, but she likes the noodle dishes at the dumpling place, which I don’t, but we all eat the dumplings. They are usually delicious. Cheesesteak ones? Yum. So ready for lunch, can you tell?

Good Morning,

Another overcast day with cooler than average temps here. Hoping to be back in the 70s by the weekend. Not much going on at work. We have a big mailing to go out but our copier paper is on back order so everything is at a standstill.

No plans for the weekend. If the weather ever cooperates I may try to plant my garden. I am late getting things planted.

will be a little scarce this week. Heading out tomorrow morning to WDW for my friends' wedding on Friday. Got to finish packing and last minute stuff. Epcot food booths, here I come:rotfl2:
Sounds like a great way to spend the weekend. Have fun!

Yay on a return to the parks! I know that the airports in Canada are extremely understaffed causing many delays and 4-5 hr long waits to ge through security and customs. It is mind blowing. Just another check showing inept our fed government actually is. It's a freaking circus act here lately. It's even worse if you need to renew your passport.

Wow, that is a long wait. We waited the longest we ever had at our home airport but we flew out on a Saturday morning. Never done that before. We waited about 35 minutes or so. The flight home was only about 15 minutes through security.

Indeed. speaking as one who mostly dwells at WDW, is it wrong to wish it was located south of U vs north? surprised they never opened another in celebration area.

Nothing wrong with that. They do have the best burgers. I like the Pig burger but will probably try something different next time. There fried mozzarella is really good too.
Oh geez, what a way to end a trip. Did they offer any compensation for your inconvenience? My understanding is they all are getting very tight fisted for nearly all issues other than flight crew staffing
That is a story in itself, lol. They did give us three $15 meal vouchers for the original delayed flight. After we booked another flight, they announced that flight was overbooked. I told my husband just go see what they were offering. They first offered us $500 a person plus hotel. We declined because I heard them offering the guy next to us $800 and $1500 (3 of us) was not worth the inconvenience. As soon as we sat back down, the ticket agent comes over and offers $800 a person. We decided to accept since I paid for the tickets with credit card points so we weren't out of pocket any money other than checking one bag. So after a few minutes of waiting they called us back up and said they didn't need us to give up our seats. So we sat back down. A few minutes later, they made another announcement that they were still overbooked. My husband said he wasn't fooling with them any longer so we got in line to board and the ticket agent approached us again and offered us the $800 deal again. My husband said no, make it $1000 each and we'd consider it so the ticket agent giggles and goes off the the supervisor and the supervisor approves it so we are happy. Although we needed to get home since this was on a Wednesday, DS had taken the whole week off and my boss would have understood and thought me a fool for not taking the deal so it was just DS missing another day of school, but for $3k he could deal. Anyway, the flight boards and they call us back up after the gate has emptied. They tell us we can board the flight...Whaaaat. At that point we just get on the plane but the supervisor did say she was going to make a note to have them provide us with something when we arrive at our destination. BTW...never happened. Never got a call from anyone. Turns out that we got our seats back because a dad of a family of 3 or 4 got real belligerent with the ticket agent because his family could not sit together (I kind of understand because his kids looked to be under 10, but not to the point of getting ugly with a ticket agent)...to sum it up, security got called and the whole family got booted from the plane. His kids were yelling at him for getting them booted and we were ticked because this jerk cost us $3k. Lol....Oh well. Easy come easy go.
Supper was ham and scalloped potatoes. It was a perfect meal for a cold gross day.
Sounds delish! A good comfort meal.

Quick morning stop in :wave2:

I am enjoying the sunshine this morning. I even had to put my sunglasses on to drive to work! It's been a hot minute since we have had sunshine like this! I will be soaking it all up.

I did get to the gym last night. I am trying something new on the dreadmill. Walking at a steady incline (of 5) lol. My lower back and legs definitely feel it today. I had to break up the 30 minute session into 2. I did two 15 minute sessions with a 3 minute break (slower pace and no incline) then finished off with a another 15 minute fast walking session. I am needing to up the intensity. I will slowly work my way up with no breaks and higher incline.

Will head over to RP for breakfast soon then think some park time today, not sure which park yet, we’ll decide later. But another glorious day ahead and we’ve still not seen a single drop of rain yet……..:worship:
Enjoy!!! It sounds like your having a wonderful time! I can't wait to hear your trip report!
Another beeutiful day in my ‘hood. one of those amazon warehouse auction sites popped up 3 miles from my home. Uh oh :) I predict a long & happy relationship
OOOOOO. That could be dangerous.
Yeah, our cars and streets still have sone pollen on them. Older one is heavily medicated. He came home yesterday, not feeling well. More asthmatic medicine, and he felt better by the time he went to bed. Poor kid. Any type of pollen kicks off an asthma reaction. And the store he works in, has fresh flower and other plants around. The time of year, gardens and lawns are freshened up, and decorated.
Yikes!!! I am waiting for pollen season to arrive here too. Older ds and I are always medicated. I have pills stashed for us everywhere. home, vehicles, desk purse ::yes:: I would rather have it stashed everywhere and have it go past it's best before date...than NOT have it when we need it. It has come in handy having it in my stash spots. It seems the whole summer is pollen season - especially if we are out in the bush or out camping/fishing.
That is a story in itself, lol. They did give us three $15 meal vouchers for the original delayed flight.
WOW...sorry you didn't get the money. I would have given our seats up for that amount.

Well, I should shuffle more papers.
Have a great day everyone!

made this cheesy enchilada casserole bake with tater tots, It was delicious!!! The boys want me to put that into the rotation of meals. Super easy to whip up.

Sounds so yummy! Share recipe?

If it does that again when I’m next at work, I will complain to the IT people.
“Have you tried turning it off and on”? From The IT Crowd -funny funny show
e. Hate sinus issues. I think if anything, it’s a head cold, and very much hope it goes away soon. Hi
Glad you are feeling better!
Napa Rose at Disneyland
Fabulous! On the bucket list I’d we ever make it to DL
Once, tromping back to GC from TS (via a rather dark parking lot ‘shortcut’), nearly face planted after tripping over a speed bump.
Please tell me you went to Comedy Warehouse at the old Pleasure Island? They had a routine about getting lost in Disney parking lots! Had dark humor to it-wouldn’t fly now
hey told us that Anheuser-Busch is very particular about the Clydesdales that they use in advertising. The
Sounds like really fun day! We used to live by Grants Farm in St Louis. Like right by the Clydesdale pastures. Used to keep carrots for the horses and was fun to see the babies every spring.
I got my student ID today. I’m official now.
Woohoo!
Quick mom brag post. B finally got the grade on her last paper. She made the Dean’s list. :jumping3::Pinkbounc:stitch::simba::tigger::donald::dumbo::goofy::mickeyjum
Brag away! That’s a quite an accomplishment and testament to her hard work!
I miss being near a city with a major league baseball team. We have a minor league team. The games can be fun, but it's just not the same.
We have minor league Cardinals. Have season tickets. Lots of major league cardinal players rehab here. And there’s always a few players that will be called up before end of season. Not quite the excitement of big leagues but interesting. And just realized it’s Wednesday. Could have taken a dog to the ballgame tonite for a bit (Woof Wednesday). Nala did really well when we took her to our new microbrewery couple weekends ago.
I just read all the posts on the Is Disney's Going Broke thread in Dis Rumors... This thread here is nice. I can go to bed now. Thank you.
Welcome. Yep it’s nice respite!
Lots of events from the last few months but thankfully we are all happy and healthy.
Nice trip too? Good that all so well with you!
No plans for the weekend. If the weather ever cooperates I may try to plant my garden. I am late getting things planted.
Ugh ME TOO! We’ve had rain rain rain then two weekends ago we finally got to clean out my beds. Last weekend was also nice but I was dying to get to Lake so went to MiL for weekend, mother day brunch at place on water-awesome spread (Chef was walking around making sure everything was ok too). Bottomless mimosas and bloody Mary’s as well.
Sounds like Schumi having blast in Orlando! Hey Mac and Robo and Buckeeve! Hope I didn’t leave anyone out but hey just in case!
Well DHs oldest Katelyn is moving from Jacksonville to Gainesville. She was head hunted by many firms/universities. Will be full professor in cardiology program and be able to run her own lab. The house they ended up getting is gorgeous and has an In law suite! She also negotiated to keep her Mayo Clinic associations so she can continue her covid research. About same distance from Orlando (where Paige is).
Paige didn’t get the NASA internship this year, but we are flying her out to Hawaii for week with us. She lost out on her senior trip due to covid shutdown, our Cancun trip and couldn’t do our cruise so we decided this is what we could do. Plus we wouldn’t have been able to see her until September otherwise! Thankfully was able to add her to our luau even though website showed sold out.
Keisha was it you asking about feathered feet chickens? Bella is yellow on on left in first pic and the one with her neck up upon second (B&W is Ellie-the old lady hen who thinks she’s a dog). Best pics I have of her feet. Think her wound this time as from a clump of feathers yanked all the way out that left a hole that abcessed. All grown back in now.
Did lose a chicken a couple weeks ago. Princess Tiana. Think she mistook a jump or got frightened and tried to jump to far and hit her head;broke her neck on way down. My funny one who laid green eggs. So down to 4 now. 7067712C-F330-4B2D-A6D3-99BE8EC59713.jpeg
0416AA15-5DC2-426C-8881-AEA9CC4829F6.jpeg
Lizard weather here this week. Nice to see sun more often!

Oh well. Easy come easy go.
I’m speechless, so close…
OOOOOO. That could be dangerous.
I’m trying to restrain myself. Today all i bought was garden netting for the mr. he needed it anyway. Checked it out when i picked up the carpet scrubber. It was factory sealed, score :). The netting was all new too. I live close enough to breeze past to actually ‘see’ the item before I commit to bidding on it.
Please tell me you went to Comedy Warehouse at the old Pleasure Island? They had a routine about getting lost in Disney parking lots! Had dark humor to it-wouldn’t fly now
Lol spare me from the PC police.

just back from GD first softball game of the season. couldn’t find my deep woods off spray, did rub on some skin so soft that usually does the trick in a pinch fo Rome. Let’s just say I look as tho i have the measles on my legs Older but, obviously, not wiser I am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter