Something About Nothing............ #14

sweet dreams schumi!

I slept great mac!!!

Didn`t wake up once coughing which made Tom happy too......lol.......

Looks lovely outside again today, cloudy but the sun is there so I think once the paint has been delivered for next week, we`ll head out a walk. I need some fresh air, hopefully before the rain arrives.

Not much going on at all here....living very quietly right now. Plan to do some baking this morning too, there`s a Church event tomorrow, so will do that and get Tom to drop it all off for them. I might bake something just for us too it`s always nice to have a mid afternoon pot of tea and a cake of some kind.

Dinner will be home made beef burgers, will serve them with bacon rashers, melted Brie and chilli jam in a Brioche bun and a couple of sweet potato wedges.....sounds a mish mash, but works really well. One of the local restaurants serves something similar that is beautiful.

Almost time for breakfast.......Avocado toast with some baked ham on top and our national drink, Tea of course.

Have a wonderful Friday :)

Sounds like you’re feeling better, Schumi. Good to hear no coughing last night. Nice to have fresh baked goods with tea, and to donate. Burgers and fries are a standard meal choice. Yum.

Ah those pesky clouds are still around, but that high weather system will blow those clouds away by mid morning. Then that glorious sunshine will be the rest of today. Winner weather day this week, is tomorrow, full day of sun, and 70 the high. Today, just a little cooler, as 65 the high today. Yay, will be rocking those sunglasses for my lunchtime walk.

Yes! Friday is here. That shorter week day routine day for me, as may save that three day weekend, for next week. Particularly so do so, as older one’s car needs its yearly visit to the car place, next Friday. So will do that drop off like for my car, like we did this past Friday. Worked out well last time. Times two for us this month. Good thing today is pay day.

Fabulous Friday homies. And have a most Wonderful Weekend. And yeah, woot:

3AA530D3-8011-499C-A7B2-244168F8C1AB.jpeg

Where is everyone today??

Maybe I`m just too early......

Ended up going out a walk into the village, gorgeous sunny day. Stopped into one of the coffee shops and had a pot of tea and one of their home made scones and chatted to a few folks we knew in there, haven`t seen one of the ladies for the longest time.

Popped into the butcher and picked up some beautiful duck breasts for tonight, change of plans for dinner is not unusual here. Will do a red wine reduction and some garlic and rosemary potatoes as sweet potato wedges don`t go as well with duck. Nice dinner for Friday night.

Farmer popped over too and dropped off a load of chutney`s made with some of our fruit off the trees, they`ll go down well with us. A couple of pies too, an apple and cinammon one will do us tomorrow night.

Having a lovely afternoon sitting enjoying the sunshine streaming into the kitchen right now with 80`s music on.....nice.

Good morning everyone. I finished my classes for the first fall sub-term last night. I now have a week off of school. My plans for today are do some laundry and nap. I wish I had a week off of work too. I could really use a vacation right now. Hopefully the rest of the year will be less stressful.

Hi everyone. It's over. Mom passed this morning.
My wish now is that we can avoid family drama at her funeral.
Charade just want to let you know I’ve been trying to catch up a little and wanted to send condolences to you and hope everything settles down for you x

Good morning everyone. I finished my classes for the first fall sub-term last night. I now have a week off of school. My plans for today are do some laundry and nap. I wish I had a week off of work too. I could really use a vacation right now. Hopefully the rest of the year will be less stressful.

Enjoy your week off, time to chill and reflect but definitely have some time for you.

It’s great to see you back here charade, you have been missed

Good to read you are finished with your sub term classes

Now you can relax a few days

Yep……

I just heard about Robbie Coltrane. So very sad. This has been a bad couple of weeks for celebrities.

It’s sad news for sure.

We knew him from many characters he played in the 80’s for Scottish TV and then Cracker a little later, but he was Hagrid.

Duck cooked well, we enjoyed it and it was medium rare which is how we like our duck. Quite full after that so had no room for the apple pie we had made for us. Will freeze it now.

Watching Unchartered with Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg……not the worst movie, but a little too similar in story to Indiana Jones, minus the charm. Nice glass of Argentinian Malbec to go with it.

Planning a walk in the morning, not far though, will wait till Tom drops off the baked goods to the church, I baked quite a lot in the end. Then a day of old black and white movies including Gaslight from 1944 and maybe some Abbott and Costello in there somewhere.

And safe travels to Janet tomorrow as she heads back down to Orlando……they’ll have a blast!!

It has been a lovely day of doing almost nothing. I did get some laundry done, but spent most of the day staring at the TV.
It’s great to see you back here charade, you have been missed

Good to read you are finished with your sub term classes

Now you can relax a few days
Aww...thanks Mac. It'd good to be doing some regular posting again.
Yay for Charade to be finished this semester.
Thanks. It's actually a sub-term. There are 8 more weeks in fall semester, but I start 2 new classes.
Charade just want to let you know I’ve been trying to catch up a little and wanted to send condolences to you and hope everything settles down for you x
Thank you Real.
Watching Unchartered with Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg……not the worst movie, but a little too similar in story to Indiana Jones, minus the charm.
We saw that one in the theater. It was okay, but I think we should have saved our money and waiting for it to come to a streaming service.

Tomorrow is the university's homecoming, so I will be attending a parade, football game, and maybe some other stuff. It should be fun.

It has been a lovely day of doing almost nothing. I did get some laundry done, but spent most of the day staring at the TV.

Aww...thanks Mac. It'd good to be doing some regular posting again.

Thanks. It's actually a sub-term. There are 8 more weeks in fall semester, but I start 2 new classes.

Thank you Real.

We saw that one in the theater. It was okay, but I think we should have saved our money and waiting for it to come to a streaming service.

Tomorrow is the university's homecoming, so I will be attending a parade, football game, and maybe some other stuff. It should be fun.

We thought the same with that movie, I was glad we didn’t go to the cinema to see it. Passed a couple of hours that’s about the best I can say.

Hope you have a lovely time at the Homecoming today, sounds like you should have a nice day there.

Kept the windows in our room open again last night, it’s warmer at night than it should be right now. Not complaining.

But, the noises coming from the woods to the side of us last night was very odd. I’m sure it was foxes, but sounded horrible. So, kept me awake for a while, so May nap this afternoon.

Having bacon with croissants this morning for breakfast, lunch is grilled sandwiches and no idea for dinner……might get Chinese or Thai takeout.

Had some rain this morning but sun is shining now and it looks very pretty out there. But, no plans to go out today or tomorrow, might wait till Monday once decorators have arrived and made them a cuppa…..we know them well so we’re happy to leave them in there on their own.

Shower and then breakfast,……that bacon is calling!

Happy Saturday :)

Saturday it is. Glorious weather for us. Nothing like a quiet morning with tea and the screens to watch. Not much new, unless repeated current news stories, but do like old shows that I don’t remember seeing, or one I really like seeing again,

Hope all are feeling well and safe travels to Keisha today. Super Sized Stupendous Saturday, to everyone. And have a good weekend.

Won`t be long till Keisha is in the air heading down to Orlando.........they`ll have the best time!

Ended up heading into town and went to the Thai restaurant we like. They weren`t doing deliveries as they can`t get drivers, so we thought we`ll just eat there tonight.

It was beautiful, as always we ordered probably too much food, but we like a little piece of several dishes rather than just one or two dishes. All the dishes were nice and spicy which we enjoy a lot and beautifully presented. There aren`t many tables in this restaurant, it`s quite small and intimate and service is wonderful.

So, home now and laying along the sofa recovering from such a lovely meal.

Planning to watch a movie later, cup of tea first.

Hope Charade had a lovely day as she had planned.

We started our road trip Friday at about 2:30 PM and drove 4.5 hours to Cedar Rapids IA. We were going to spend some time in Hannibal MO today and stay there, but didn't know there was a festival going on. Rooms were obscenely priced and you couldn't get from point A to point B in town. We ended up continuing down the road and ended up in suburbia north of St. Louis, where we will spend tonight. I like flexible plans.

St. Louis was my old stomping grounds growing up
Too late for me to tell you where the better hotel rates are since you are already there..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter