Something About Nothing............ #14

Charade hope she gets the car sorted and it doesn`t do it again.

Rainy day here today, not much going on, got our bits and bobs we needed this morning, had a nice lunch, then settled down to watch a movie. It felt like winter, well, looked like winter as it`s not cold, just rain and grey skies.

Enjoyed Moussaka, lots of components to it, but worth it. Enjoying some watermelon we picked up this morning, they were huge!! Very tasty and so sweet, will keep some for breakfast too I think.

Have to stay in tomorrow, our ceramic hob gave up the ghost today, only bought it last october, so Bosch coming out tomorrow sometime. Thankfully we have the Aga and double oven too, so it`s not essential for cooking, just annoying.

Time for a very large pot of tea and a scone.

Sunday my last time at the park will be doing hhn
I leave the next day for home.

I have that frequent fear ticket, but not express, but could meet up with ya later in the night, if easiest for ya. Though will be closer to 8 pm, as have to check in and hopefully have my room, to refresh, then will head to the park. Darn late afternoon flight. Hopefully the hotel entrance will be open to make a shorter line that night.

Charade, with meal time works for me. Text me if have a favorite or place you want to go to. I can make a reservation, as we can always cancel and get a different time or day if doesn’t work out as planned. Oh and did she leave a door or trunk not closed completely? Hope her car gives her no more issues.

5A4E3058-70E9-48AA-BB9C-F096690CB995.jpeg
Sadly…RIP. Paul Reubens, you will be missed by my crew, thanks for the hours of enjoyment.

lynne -
Are you doing HHN with your DD in August/September? What dates?
I found out today that an arrest was made in the murder of my friend’s brother.
somebody needs to write a screenplay
And I am hopeful that my driver license will be reinstated so I can then drive at night.
Right now I can’t legally drive once sun goes down.
So…you’re officially not a vampire?

In a sense that would be a very nice bonus if it helps with the nighttime vision issues. My eye doc recommends vit A for most who start to have the problem. I’ve yet to remember to grab that supplement lol
My sisters friend`s murderer was never charged with her death, but he was in prison for several other young girls murders. They knew he killed her though, but it felt unfinished knowing he was never actually sentenced for her brutal murder. I do hope there is proper closure for them though.
A shame, The family deserves closure
I`d fly on Sept 11th,
I have, on the 1st anniversary
On my list to buy the rush of fear ticket Lynne

Yes Janet plan to buy it tonight …..
8AD9436B-9900-4D39-9549-65FD7509FDE7.jpeg

Keisha, little one will only do one night of HHN with a private tour. Since Patti isn’t doing one this year, I’ll be going solo. And seems the last Disney Halloween Party for August is on her birthday, so we are doing that together. She’s not a very happy horror fan. Maybe she’ll become more like me with age, and come to like it. LoL

Nothing like a chef like little one. She made cheesesteak sandwiches on brioche rolls, with sautéed red onion and slices of a huge tomato for dinner. I’m full.

Charade hope she gets the car sorted and it doesn`t do it again.
Thanks. It was working fine when she left work, so hopefully she won't have anymore problems. I should check and see how old the battery is. I remember having a new one put in, but can't remember how long ago it was.

Charade, with meal time works for me. Text me if have a favorite or place you want to go to. I can make a reservation, as we can always cancel and get a different time or day if doesn’t work out as planned. Oh and did she leave a door or trunk not closed completely? Hope her car gives her no more issues.
I will text you tomorrow morning. I think I still have your number in my phone. Everyone that I was communicating with 2 years ago was saved with their screen name as their first name and Universal as the last name.
I don't think she left the trunk or a door open. She's usually good about locking the car when she gets out and I don't think it will lock if something is open. Anything is possible though.

Dh could do it. He has written several. B's first name comes from a screenplay he wrote when he was in film school. It won an award.

I should be sleeping, but remembered that I had not yet paid bills that are due at the first of the month. It's amazing how much easier it is with online bill pay.

Goodnight!

Yes Janet plan to buy it tonight …..

lol......love the meme Janet posted to you!!

View attachment 781834
Sadly…RIP. Paul Reubens, you will be missed by my crew, thanks for the hours of enjoyment.

lynne -
Are you doing HHN with your DD in August/September? What dates?

So…you’re officially not a vampire?

In a sense that would be a very nice bonus if it helps with the nighttime vision issues. My eye doc recommends vit A for most who start to have the problem. I’ve yet to remember to grab that supplement lol

A shame, The family deserves closure

I have, on the 1st anniversary

View attachment 781833

He was barely heard of over here Janet, I mean I think most folks know Pee Wee, but it`s not a big thing which is a shame.

I love that meme!!!! You can fit it into a lot of chats!!!

They never did get closure sadly, he was a bad un all his life, first conviction when he was 16 and the two young girls they know for sure he murdered that same year (1977) he was finally convicted of their murders in 2014, he died in prison in 2019.

Well if I don’t buy the pass later tonight, will get to it, in the morning…

We just came back from having dinner in Dalton.
They have a lot more restaurants for upper dining

Am a stuffed pig now.

Sounds good mac!!!

Thanks. It was working fine when she left work, so hopefully she won't have anymore problems. I should check and see how old the battery is. I remember having a new one put in, but can't remember how long ago it was.

Dh could do it. He has written several. B's first name comes from a screenplay he wrote when he was in film school. It won an award.

I should be sleeping, but remembered that I had not yet paid bills that are due at the first of the month. It's amazing how much easier it is with online bill pay.

Goodnight!

Glad she had no new issues, maybe have it checked over, there might be a reason it drained the battery quicker than it should.

Tom does all our bill payments, has done for years and yes online is so much easier, even our window cleaner and gardener are paid online.

ok i will buy the pass today
it’s just a few hours away at this point

lol......

Ended up going out for a drink last night.......last minute "date night" which is always lovely. Yes, even after 30+ years, we still like to go on dates....with each other of course!!! It was nice, pub wasn`t too busy so we had the snug to ourselves and one old gent in the far corner who sat with his dog and a pint. We said we`ll do that more often just the two of us, love all our friends of course, but it`s nice just us now and again. Very romantic 🥰

Dull, sunny and grey at the same time this morning, no wind yet, but it`s supposed to come in the next few days, looks very calm right now, the sea is barely moving same with the trees.

Bosch man is coming between 8am and 1pm, although the lady on the phone said she thinks we`re the first call. We won`t get our hopes up.

I want to go pick up some more fresh items this morning, so might nip out myself if he hasn`t arrived early.

No idea what`s for any meal today, might have some toast for breakfast, I plan to bake some blueberry muffins, if I can get fresh blueberries this morning, if not I`ll make another kind.

But, 1st day of August!!! As I said yesterday, the start of 2 busy months for birthdays and anniversaries for me to buy for!!

1690868720400.png

cv71-S.png

cv79-S.jpg

:rotfl:

Have a wonderful Tuesday 😀

A very happy birthday to Vicki. Hope you’re doing well.

Ah yes, the calendar turns to the last full month of summer. And August is starting with nice weather. Full sunny day, low humidity and high of 81. Feels refreshing, as hazy, hot and humid can still be in our forecast this month.

Ooh and yes,
IMG_1702.jpeg

Ah, the day to do a Taco Bell run, other taco place run, or just enjoy a taco wherever it’s made.

Ah nothing like a laptop wanting to update and reboot when first logging on. But all seems okay, after a little wonky when first opening apps. Connectivity and all working right. Two items needed when teleworking. But so happy that maximum teleworking ability came to my office. Though has been said when all were online, issues were had. Just means IT office had to, and still needs to upgrade and expand connecting correctly and consistently, as routine.

Thus, tea from stove heated hot water, and a happy homie with nice weather, is here to wish all to have a most terrific Taco Tuesday, and have a taco and wish Vicki a happy birthday.

4AC8C259-49C8-4029-B3C9-8540170FF6E7.jpeg
every now & then the keurig shows me who’s the boss & implodes a Kcup.

I’m going with the cup half full mentality, nothing‘s going to bring me down

party:To Ms Vicki, u are missed, we’ll leave light on for you

Dh could do it.
He should!
he was a bad un all his life
I firmly believe there are bad seeds and pure evil. Did you see the statement the murderous mom made here after her sentencing in the first trial yesterday. Unthinkable.
Glad she had no new issues, maybe have it checked over, there might be a reason it drained the battery quicker than it should.
Charade - not sure if i brought it up, after having the repeated battery discharge, including new battery…2nd tow truck dude had a suggestion...in any car with a cigarette lighter, not to let the charging adapter/cord stay attached when shutting if off or not using it. Something about it’s more than a trickle sort of thing.:confused3

Yes, even after 30+ years, we still like to go on dates....with each other of course!!!
That is a good thing, on both counts :teeth:

my favorite day of the week…

I`d never have guessed that for some reason......

View attachment 782032
every now & then the keurig shows me who’s the boss & implodes a Kcup.

I’m going with the cup half full mentality, nothing‘s going to bring me down

party:To Ms Vicki, u are missed, we’ll leave light on for you

He should!

I firmly believe there are bad seeds and pure evil. Did you see the statement the murderous mom made here after her sentencing in the first trial yesterday. Unthinkable.

Charade - not sure if i brought it up, after having the repeated battery discharge, including new battery…2nd tow truck dude had a suggestion...in any car with a cigarette lighter, not to let the charging adapter/cord stay attached when shutting if off or not using it. Something about it’s more than a trickle sort of thing.:confused3

That is a good thing, on both counts :teeth:

I did actually read that Janet. I`m amazed they allowed her to spew such vile nonsense in front of those poor families. May she rot in hell. You can`t reason with monsters like that and thank goodness she will rot now.

So, yes I do believe there are people that are simply pure evil.

On a lighter note, yes, we love our date nights or afternoons if we go to the cinema.....got to keep the romance going and not let it burn out! He is better than me at times, I still get my flowers every Friday which I love, but keep telling him there`s no need. But, I do my bit too in keeping romance alive.....😉🥰😍

I`m with you, cup is always half full.....never the other way!!!

Turned out an absolutely beautiful day here, clouds looming in the distance so it may not stay this way all evening, but I hope so......we plan to BBQ if it stays like this.

Managed to get out early as the Bosch man appeared before 9am, so we managed to get what we needed and came home to sit outside for most of the day. Made some wraps for lunch, spicy chicken thighs chopped up, coleslaw and salad in them, very nice and very spicy. Didn`t get bluberries in the end but as we were sitting outside, no baking!

So, got some steaks and chicken skewers for the grill tonight. potato salad, coleslaw and salad to go with them.....unless it rains of course. But, didn`t expect it to be so nice, uch better to be outside when it`s like this.

Should be sleeping but I took a long nap this afternoon, so now I am awake.
Nothing much going on here. Today I started working on an insurance problem that was supposed to have been resolved a year ago. Ugh!
Made some tentative lunch plans for Universal. Anyone else going to be there the same time as me? September 16-22.

Charade - not sure if i brought it up, after having the repeated battery discharge, including new battery…2nd tow truck dude had a suggestion...in any car with a cigarette lighter, not to let the charging adapter/cord stay attached when shutting if off or not using it. Something about it’s more than a trickle sort of thing
I hadn’t thought about that. We always leave the phone charger plugged in.
You should have seen the look I got from B when I told her that cars used to have cigarette lighters and ashtrays. Almost as good as the look I got when I told her smoking used to be allowed ih hospitals.

I’m starting to feel sleepy so I will try to get some sleep.

Belayed birthday wishes to Tink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter