Something About Nothing............ #14

I have a custom plate so it’s easy to remember.

I shouldn’t complain about it being slow. I am now stuck on hold for an insurance company.

Ah, I hate being on long phone call holds, Charade.

But yay, a day closer for those arriving this weekend, like Charade and I. And who do I see?
IMG_1874.jpeg

Woot! A Wednesday is here, and camel is here to wish us homies a happy hump day. Yes, the day of the week, that feels like if you get over this mid week hump day, Friday is only then a day away.

Ah, rain in the overnight has made roads sounding a bit wet this early morning. Flood Watch issued until ten o’clock this morning. But my phone only say’s possible light rain in the next hour. Then this rain to clear out by lunchtime, and maybe even seeing some sunshine in the late afternoon. But the cloud cover is still intact this early morning, so still very dark out, even with our sunrise soon. But a respectable 79 degrees the high. So, with the dew points still in the high 60’s, it’s feeling warmer than says, and even heard my AC running as I woke up.

But ah, back to that early screen and thankful no more commuting until almost three weeks. Yes, that traffic was so nasty coming out of the city yesterday late afternoon. Glad it’s now only down to one day a week, and I’m very thankful such week day schedule has happened when full back to normal happened.

And so, tea for me, and a very happy birthday 🎈 🎉 to Carole.

Good morning and have a Wonderful Wednesday, and one in which Schumi gets to enjoy her birthday celebration.

Hey all. How’s everyone?

Trip is flying, my legs are ready to go on strike

Since I’m one to stretch a BD, one more wish (on proper day lol) yo carole
34E92E7A-269B-4B7E-8EF4-B644E218EF18.jpeg

MNSSHP had tons of ‘magical shots’. Loving the silly sumphony skeleton options. Got to dance with them, too. Not about to post that one

Trying to work up head of steam to hit the outlets this AM. Not as much fun doing them solo. The mr tapped out
91F58904-7027-46B8-AA01-10E0EA100CB3.jpeg
I made the skirt and a back pack out. Glad I left the tulle petticoat at home, so humid here. Not as many elaborate, professional quality costumes this year.

Are you sure? :duck:

Have fun woohoo

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Hey all. How’s everyone?

Since I’m one to stretch a BD, one more wish (on proper day lol) yo carole
View attachment 793458

MNSSHP had tons of ‘magical shots’. Loving the silly sumphony skeleton options. Got to dance with them, too. Not about to post that one

Trying to work up head of steam to hit the outlets this AM. Not as much fun doing them solo. The mr tapped out
View attachment 793459
I made the skirt and a back pack out. Glad I left the tulle petticoat at home, so humid here. Not as many elaborate, professional quality costumes this year.

I LOVE IT!!!! That wins the best meme, anything with the Scottish flag and Nessie, can`t go wrong......thank you 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿❤️

You have a talent for sure! That looks fabulous and your mister too....glad it was so much fun.

Just popped in to wish our Carole a happy birthday...I knew it was today :flower1::bday:
Awww Vicki......Thanks so much for stopping by and posting, that means a💞 lot

Hope you and the kids are doing fabulously.....when we talk of previous HHN`s we mention you and the family a lot...we did have some fun!!

Well, we did have a lovely get away overnight....someone (my husband) got a lot of extra bonus points for planning it all! It was so sweet, he had booked a lovely hotel not too far away from us inland, nice room with a gorgeous garden view and dinner was excellent. At check out came back down to see a group of our friends there to join us which was a complete surprise to me! Lovely lunch and a lot of laughs and presents too!!

Prosecco time now.

Good Wednesday evening everyone :wave2:

IMG_2243.gif

A quick stop in to wish Carole happy birthday on her actual day.

IMG_2242.gif

IMG_2240.gif

Cute skirt. Is that the haunted mansion design?

You are an energizer bunny.

Well, we did have a lovely get away overnight....someone (my husband) got a lot of extra bonus points for planning it all! It was so sweet, he had booked a lovely hotel not too far away from us inland, nice room with a gorgeous garden view and dinner was excellent. At check out came back down to see a group of our friends there to join us which was a complete surprise to me! Lovely lunch and a lot of laughs and presents too!!

Prosecco time now.
So glad to hear you had a nice birthday celebration.

I did the 6 house UMH Tour today so resting up tonight so I can do HHN tomorrow night. Feet were too tired this evening to go back to the park. The Tour was great and we had a wonderful Tour guide named Billie Jane.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone.

Good Wednesday evening everyone :wave2:

View attachment 793584

A quick stop in to wish Carole happy birthday on her actual day.

View attachment 793586

View attachment 793588

You are an energizer bunny.

So glad to hear you had a nice birthday celebration.

I did the 6 house UMH Tour today so resting up tonight so I can do HHN tomorrow night. Feet were too tired this evening to go back to the park. The Tour was great and we had a wonderful Tour guide named Billie Jane.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone.

Thanks so much Robbie, yes my birthday was wonderful and I thank my wonderful husband and friends for making it so special, he is definitely a keeper!!

Glad your tour was so much fun and yes, rest those feet for tonight!!

After our heatwave we have a lot of rain in the forecast this upcoming week.....will get plenty of inside jobs done then, including lots of baking. It`s that time of year where there are lots of church and village events that require home baking, so it`ll keep me busy.

Today will seem quiet after previous two days, we have some grocery shopping to do and I want to look at some new cutlery, I have plenty of knives so don`t need them, but fancy a change for the day to day knives, forks, spoons and so on. Although some of the places we bought from have sadly closed down now, might have to order online.

Pulled pork for dinner tonight, might do it in some lovely soft rolls I have, coleslaw and wedges to go with it. No idea for lunch yet but avocado on toast with bacon for breakfast coming up soon and second pot of tea for me.

And it is getting cooler for sure, but although I love a warm summer, I do love our autumn weather too.

And we have an 8 week countdown till our trip...that has amazingly crept up so fast!!! We already have some nice plans in place and delighted I`m going to get the chance to meet up with the lovely Ruth this trip!!!! And yes, for those who asked, I do need to start a pre trip report...... :rotfl:

1694673214925.jpeg

1694673188280.jpeg

1694673154005.png

Robo, nice to have enjoyed that tour. I follow the HHN Facebook page, and many have said the houses and costumes were very good in how decorative. And yep, after all that waking, relaxing today would be perfect.

Love that picture shot, Keisha. Rest your feet today too. Doing that party next week, so we are ready, not so much with a costume, but we do have Mickey bought Halloween shirts to wear. And our long ago bought ears.

Ah, a stretch of nice weather, said the weather guy this morning. Three days of full days of sunshine, then a cloudy Sunday, but all around 77 as the high. And lower dew points make it a most pleasant weather time to end the week, for sure.

And we are at Thirsty Thursday. Time to remind all to keep hydrated. And tea for me this morning, and ready for a refill.

Hope all have a most terrific Thirsty Thursday.

I was awake way too early this morning. Thanks cat.

Ah, I hate being on long phone call holds, Charade.
And the worst part is when I finally got a human on the phone the call disconnected. Argh!

Hey all. How’s everyone?
Doing much better today than yesterday (explanation later). You look like you are having a fun time.

Happy belated birthday.

Feet were too tired this evening to go back to the park.
I have a feeling I am going to feel the same way next week.

Yesterday was a rough day. I spent most of it working on an insurance accounting nightmare. Finally found the missing $60 and thankfully discovered that the mistake wasn’t mine. What made the day really bad was the news I got yesterday morning. I found out that a friend from long ago, who I had lost touch with, took his own life on Tuesday. He leaves behind 2 teenage daughters. After that news, I really had trouble concentrating on anything yesterday.

In happier news, today is my last work day before vacation. Yesterday I did some last minute laundry and tomorrow I will clean the house and start packing. I am so looking forward to getting away.

I was awake way too early this morning. Thanks cat.

And the worst part is when I finally got a human on the phone the call disconnected. Argh!

Doing much better today than yesterday (explanation later). You look like you are having a fun time.

Happy belated birthday.

I have a feeling I am going to feel the same way next week.

Yesterday was a rough day. I spent most of it working on an insurance accounting nightmare. Finally found the missing $60 and thankfully discovered that the mistake wasn’t mine. What made the day really bad was the news I got yesterday morning. I found out that a friend from long ago, who I had lost touch with, took his own life on Tuesday. He leaves behind 2 teenage daughters. After that news, I really had trouble concentrating on anything yesterday.

In happier news, today is my last work day before vacation. Yesterday I did some last minute laundry and tomorrow I will clean the house and start packing. I am so looking forward to getting away.

Thank you Charade.

What sad news, we still feel a connection with friends from long ago even if we no longer see them so it must have been very sad for you to hear that news. Hope his daughters get through such a horrible experience.

Is it Saturday you fly out?

Beautiful day here again, sunny and warm in the sunshine, but cool in the shade.

Our trees are starting to change already...

1694700417189.jpeg

All the pear trees have been emptied now too, they do look bare, but we look forward to some chutney or relish with them in it soon.

Quiet afternoon here for us, Tom is just back in from volunteering for a couple of hours, I had the exciting job of cleaning my utility room which involves the inside of the washing machine, drum, door, rubber seal and the drawer for the washing powder and fabric softener which always seems to need cleaning, I do it regularly, but still.....it`s gleaming again now. Yes, I know.....dullest thing ever apart from weather reports.

Glad to hear mac and Janet are enjoying their trips out there.......::yes::

Tom has made tea and toasted two scones for us.....loads of butter too!! Nice.

What sad news, we still feel a connection with friends from long ago even if we no longer see them so it must have been very sad for you to hear that news. Hope his daughters get through such a horrible experience.

Is it Saturday you fly out?
Thanks Carole. A lot had changed in his life since I last saw him - marriage, children, divorce, job changes, and health issues, but I never knew how much of a toll it took on his mental health. The news was such a shock.

Yes, we fly out on Saturday. We should be arriving in Orlando just after 6pm.

Oh Charade, what horrible news to hear. So very sad. Sending comfort and peace to his family and friends mourning his loss. You certainly do indeed need a getaway, and even nicer, with B. joining you. Will text you, but thinking Tuesday lunchtime may work with us.

Hehe Mac, our little business street in our village has a flower shop. Every day, they post a name, and if you have that name, you get a small bouquet of flowers. Yesterday, when I walked down there on my after dinner walk, saw the name was Mac. Ah, should have come with me. 😃

Ooh almost time for lunch and so bright out. Rocking those shades, oh yes. 😎

Hey all.

Booked airfare for April race. Ouch. Feel like a hampered on wheel

Need to wake up sleeping beauty to hit pool, then MK. Late nights (mornings most times not back to room before 1 or 2pm) playing havoc with sleep schedules

Mgm party was so much fun. Great to have a semi private showing of Fantasmic, only 1/3 full. Walk on rides to boot!

Carole still have the leaves on the trees. When do they usually drop there? We have one big one that holds on to point we pick them off outdoor Xmas decorations

Why, yes it is. Although strictly Disney attire lol. I’ve a better in color. Made it and a string backpack out of a table cloth. Almost like Scarlett O’Hara & the drapes lol. Never made the light of day as the storm cancelled last year’s outing

E86E7A9D-102F-4067-B208-70889EDE1887.jpeg
Your tours sound amazing! Kicking myself I waited too long to book day tours
And we have an 8 week countdown till our trip
Woohoooo
Love that picture shot, Keisha.
:hmghost: There weren’t as many elaborate costumes this year. Just too darn hot. What you planned is perfect

Oh Charade, what horrible news to hear. So very sad. Sending comfort and peace to his family and friends mourning his loss. You certainly do indeed need a getaway, and even nicer, with B. joining you. Will text you, but thinking Tuesday lunchtime may work with us.
Thanks Lynne.
Tuesday should work for us. I have lunch reservations on Sunday and Wednesday. You are welcome to join is either of those days if you wish. Pm me if you do and I will tell you the restaurants.

Thanks Carole. A lot had changed in his life since I last saw him - marriage, children, divorce, job changes, and health issues, but I never knew how much of a toll it took on his mental health. The news was such a shock.

Yes, we fly out on Saturday. We should be arriving in Orlando just after 6pm.

Indeed, for so many life just turn out the way they expected and some souls can`t cope with what life throws at them. It`s always a shock for those around them.

Hey all.

Booked airfare for April race. Ouch. Feel like a hampered on wheel

Need to wake up sleeping beauty to hit pool, then MK. Late nights (mornings most times not back to room before 1 or 2pm) playing havoc with sleep schedules

Mgm party was so much fun. Great to have a semi private showing of Fantasmic, only 1/3 full. Walk on rides to boot!

Carole still have the leaves on the trees. When do they usually drop there? We have one big one that holds on to point we pick them off outdoor Xmas decorations

Why, yes it is. Although strictly Disney attire lol. I’ve a better in color. Made it and a string backpack out of a table cloth. Almost like Scarlett O’Hara & the drapes lol. Never made the light of day as the storm cancelled last year’s outing

View attachment 793907
Your tours sound amazing! Kicking myself I waited too long to book day tours

Woohoooo

:hmghost: There weren’t as many elaborate costumes this year. Just too darn hot. What you planned is perfect

woohoooo......that race is calling your name!!!! Glad you have the flights sorted now. And yes, some late nights for you there!!

That skirt looks even better in colour! Loving the training shoes too, very pretty.

Leaves will stay on for a while, some are already falling off slowly, but usually by the end of October into November the trees are mostly bare. If we get a lot of high winds they`ll come off quicker. We do have some evergreen trees around us which helps break up that bare and wintery look when they do shed their leaves.

I think I made my bbq sauce a little too spicy! I`ve added some brown sugar to temper the spice, but oh la la.....it will pique the taste buds for sure!! Cool coleslaw will help too I imagine.

I`m hungry already, it`s barely 5pm.....maybe a small snack till dinner......

Loving the training shoes too, very pretty.
Went up a half size in them an thoroughly love now

Decided to pack up a suitcase before I send mr to pool & I go find takeout, then MK. You know you are old when you plan the day around real feel heat (104 here) and rain predictions lol

Anyhoo, the string bag popped up, here it is. I vampired webbing gear off a dollar tree bag lol
75D08F29-6049-4773-9510-43CDCC62581B.jpeg

Happy dance news. :dogdance::yay::banana:

I booked a vacation package before they started offering an extra 3 months with the annual pass. I just called customer service and asked if I could get the deal and they said yes. I hope that this time I will actually be able to take advantage of the extra 3 months.

Went up a half size in them an thoroughly love now

Decided to pack up a suitcase before I send mr to pool & I go find takeout, then MK. You know you are old when you plan the day around real feel heat (104 here) and rain predictions lol

Anyhoo, the string bag popped up, here it is. I vampired webbing gear off a dollar tree bag lol
View attachment 793918

I love it!!

And glad the shoes worked out and are very comfortable. I ended up buying the same ones again, boring, but I know they`re comfy.

Nothing wrong with working around the weather either, you do right!! Hope you had fun.

Happy dance news. :dogdance::yay::banana:

I booked a vacation package before they started offering an extra 3 months with the annual pass. I just called customer service and asked if I could get the deal and they said yes. I hope that this time I will actually be able to take advantage of the extra 3 months.

Nice!! Universal are very good with things like that.

We have rain this morning, our gardener did a lot these past few days as he said it`s going to start raining and will forget to stop next week. It was pitch black when I got up this morning, Tom thought it was still the middle of the night and asked if I was ok when I got up, yep, felt very winter like this morning.

Popping out to drop off a birthday gift to one of our friends and it`s also their wedding anniversary, so have ordered flowers and will pick them up on the way over, she`s the same age as me and has fun teasing me she is younger.....by two days!

Doing home made beef burgers tonight, we have some spicy pulled pork left so will pop that on top with some onion rings with crispy bacon rashers and call it a bbq bacon burger for dinner.....I`ll make coleslaw and salad too.

Out tomorrow night to our favourite Thai restaurant with some friends for an extended birthday/anniversary dinner too.......anything to draw out those celebrations.

Friday again......:flower1:

1694757721841.png

1694757976288.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter