Something About Nothing............ #14

Good morning. No real plans for us today. I’m thinking about getting on the Pigeon Forge trolley and just riding it up and down the parkway. The only thing I am planning today is my birthday dinner at a cuban restaurant.

I actually don’t mind kale either. Only in small amounts though.

It’s a really nice amusement park. I wouldn’t mind coming back in the spring sometime and riding the rides. The last time I was there for a full day was about 14 years ago. The 1 park (there is a waterpark too) annual passes range from $159-$349. If we lived closer we would probably have annual passes.

Safe travels, Lynne. We aren’t supposed to have rain here today, but I think it will be waiting for us when we get home tomorrow.

i-bBxMf9G-S.gif

Have a wonderful birthday Charade....enjoy you meal tonight too!!! And yes, be glad you`re not in Orlando with the rain coming, not long Facetimed a friend there, it`s not the nicest of days!!!

TSO concert Doing afternoon concert,
I would love to see them again, but they aren’t coming near me this year.

Yes, that was part of her rant To the employee. Then she started in on her ”rights under the 2nd amendment to the constitution”. either she needs to re-read it or she was referring to the dogs as weapons
2nd amendment? I’m going to laugh about that for a while.

I’ve lost track, cute button, whose BD Celebration?
It’s mine. Next Sunday (12/24) will be dh’s.

Woke up three times last night, restless sleep. Think the WM events were working on my mind. Ah well, it’s a new & sunny day. Might hit 60 degrees, we are dancing in the streets as temps will be half that in a few days here.

had a dressy holiday outfit picked out for our annual date today, TSO concert Doing afternoon concert, then dinner out TBD. neither of us is too concerned to miss the oddly scheduled Steeler game, what a lousy season

May need to switch gears and dress in removable layers. they perform in the consol arena here, always cold in there during hockey season as the temp set low as ice is still on floor for the penguins. they just cover it up & put floor seats upon it. One of the main reasons I won’t buy those seats, your feet wind up freezing, boots or not.

Finally, watched Barbie movie, odd one. Believe the mr enjoyed it more as to The ken gags. Indy movie the previous night was a big disappointment to me. so disjointed, seemed as tho the writers took turns churning out a few pages.

It surely was popular, saw so many lugging them around the parks. I do collect nutcrackers, had it in my hand and put it back. No idea where I’d display as it’s oversized vs the others we have. Still kicking myself for not getting the mr toad popcorn bucket tho.

Yes, that was part of her rant To the employee. Then she started in on her ”rights under the 2nd amendment to the constitution”. either she needs to re-read it or she was referring to the dogs as weapons. :scratchin

I’ve lost track, cute button, whose BD Celebration? 🎂the lights look very pretty there, such a scenic area.

wouldn’t surprise me In the least. One thing that did was it happened in “a nice WM”
View attachment 818049
You were supposed to be in Charade`s post above....where`d you go????? lol

I`m not surprised that stayed with you last night, you could have suffered a very nasty injury there, dogs reared like that shouldn`t be allowed out without a muzzle. They are trying to bring it in over here, personally I`d have every single dog muzzled in public (obviously a cold hearted non dog owner here 😉 ) as any dog can bit or injure, but those big dogs...scary.

Nicer Wal-Mart.....lol....I know what you mean though, first time we visited a not so nice Wal-Mart I was genuinely shocked, made me appreciate the Turkey Lake Rd one more than ever!!!

Sounds like a lovely day you have planned ahead. Love getting dressed up, dinner out and a show, hope you enjoy it!! I`m still trying to decide what to wear tonight, everyone is asking if we`re co-ordinating outfits......crikey I don`t even know if I`m wearing a dress or trousers and sparkly top never mind which colour theme!!!! And one is in Florida not even coming tonight asking what we`re all wearing....told to bug off and go enjoy her trip and stop being so nosey lol.....

Getting miserable here now, very, very windy but not cold so a dress might be ok for tonight, I have a lovely new red one but my friends granddaughter was here an hour ago and said it looked like something Mrs Claus would wear!!!! Start again time....

Conditioning treatment for hair has been done, face mask has been on and scared the bejeesus out of everyone when I walked into the kitchen looking like Michael Myers!

Having a snack soon, we`re eating fairly early around 7 to suit everyone as some have to leave early, but will have a glass of wine and something in around an hour before I do my make up and hair.

Meantime.....Tom fancies a cuppa so think he`s making one......that`ll do for now!

It’s so rainy and turning colder. Hanging at Starbucks in City Walk. Islands one had no hot coffee, eeek. Hence we hung out in AP room, bought the AP shirt and was glad we got the magnets last weekend. Saw quite a few today, mad none left. We did get the October had out, and duplicate of our September hand out. Apparently they still have loads of those two to unload, as said by TM. Little one found a marked down shirt on the way out of Studios. So now time to just chill. Our rain ponchos are getting a workout today.

Very late start to the day today for us, but I do have a good excuse!

Our night out last night went on a little later than planned, although we should have known as they usually do. Restaurant was lovely as usual, food was excellent and there is always such a lovely warm atmosphere in this place, we all had the best time.

Then back to one of their homes for cocktails......that was where we upped the tempo!!!

I think the expression just because I can`t sing and dance doesn`t mean I won`t was meant for us last night!!! Karaoke and apparently a dance competition ensued.....we won neither, no surprises there!! Got home around 4am, so slept till around 9, quick shower, tea and more tea, still not hungry, but I do need to get baking as I promised Kyle I would drop off some baking for his office colleagues tomorrow. They finish on Thursday till Jan 3rd so I`ll make enough to do them 4 days.

So, that`s my day ahead, simply baking, watching some Christmas movies and sipping pots of tea. No plans to go out as it is blowing a hoolie out there, not cold and it is very sunny, but so wild.

Simple roast chicken for dinner tonight, will use the stock for chicken noodle soup for lunch tomorrow I think.

1702808535184.jpeg

cv53-S.jpg

Have a lovely Sunday....one week till Christmas Eve :santa:

Ugh. I’ve been up since 5:30 and have not been able to get back to sleep. Will need to get ip soon and start getting ready for the drive home.

Yesterday was an interesting day. We got a late start, so went straight to lunch. We ate at a cuban restaurant that was close to our hotel. The food was really good and the portions were quite large.

Next was the trolley. We took the trolley to the Inn at Christmas Place. Since we didn’t get to stay there I just wanted to see what it looked like inside.

IMG_0152.jpeg

IMG_0153.jpeg

IMG_0154.jpeg

IMG_0155.jpeg

IMG_0157.jpeg

IMG_0158.jpeg
I wanted to get a picture if the entire fireplace, but there was a family sitting on the hearth.

IMG_0159.jpeg

IMG_0160.jpeg
This one was taken at an awkward angle to avoid including the woman who was sitting in a chair on the right.

IMG_0161.jpeg

IMG_0162.jpeg

IMG_0165.jpeg

I then got the crazy idea of going into Gatlinburg to go to a t-shirt place I like. Crazy because to get there by trolley you had to take a trolley to the central hub, get on the trolley going to the Gatlinburg welcome center, then transfer from the Pigeon Forge trolley to the Gatlinburg trolley. This process took over an hour. We ended up spending this hour with a group of very loud and slightly obnoxious people. One guy kept telling stupid and sometimes gross jokes. By the time we got to our destination I was beyond my people limit for the day.
After shopping we went to the Gatlinburg transportation hub to start our journey back. We waited about 30-40 minutes before 2 trolleys showed up. One said “out of service”. The other dropped off a bunch of people and drove off without reloading, leaving behind a crowd of angry people. Another trolley eventually showed up, but it filled up before we could get on. We waited about 20 more minutes and then I realized that by the time we got back to our hotel just about all of the restaurants would be closed. I noticed a Mexican restaurant across the street and suggested we go get dinner and then call an Uber. This was our first Uber ride and thankfully a good experience. The driver was friendly and his car was very clean. He put on some music for us and happened to choose my favorite song to start the drive. We were back at our hotel in less than 20 minutes. I gave him a nice tip and a 5 star rating.

At the airport, no one in pre- check. Little one regular in 10 minutes.
Hope you had a nice, uneventful trip home.

So, that`s my day ahead, simply baking, watching some Christmas movies and sipping pots of tea. No plans to go out as it is blowing a hoolie out there, not cold and it is very sunny, but so wild.
Sounds like a nice, relaxing day.

Time for me to wake everyone up so we can go home.

Safe travels home, Charade. Great pictures, and sorry, seems with the holiday crowds, rude people are around. You did have a long night. Hope no rain on your trip. We are to get that stormy weather tonight.

What a long day and rainy we had yesterday. Our plane was to leave Orlando at 7:20 pm. Plane was no where to be seen at gate by 7:15. By the time we got on the plane it was almost 8 pm. Then the pilot told jokes, as apparently, the radio needed to be replaced before we could take off. But as she had us repeat, the trip would be quite bumpy as we passed up through FLA and GA, so no service until she lets the stewards jump up from their seats. And actual flight time would be exactly 1 hour and 53 minutes. Not counting the 10 to 15 minutes for getting to the gate, once landed. And so, we pushed out from the gate at 8:20 pm, a full hour delay to start. And so, pilot was right on both statements, and we got service not much before we landed, and even though I take pills for motion sickness, even part of the trip, was so bumpy, and saw lightning flashes as looking out the window, that felt queasy for a few minutes, but thankfully did not toss the not much in my belly, and then felt fine with the rest of the flight. And clear skies we had, as had arrived with a thump landing, and airport was so busy, but unlike MCO, the four flights of which we were, arriving within minutes of each other, had all four luggage coming out almost at the time those of us arrived at baggage claim. And so, we were lucky, and had ours come out within a few minutes. And older one was going to pick us up. We called him to ask where he was. At the start of the two highways to get here. But little traffic on Saturday nights, and home before the clock struck 12 midnight. Right to bed I went.

DH was restless, but no matter. I can sleep like a rock when I’m tired. But yay to a hot and long shower in the early hour I woke up, with not that soft and almost slimy water, that I did with this last week. And then made my tea with our tap water. Ah, that familiar bed and tea, yep, back on a relaxing night, to today, also a relaxing one, before week day routine.

And yay for me, as last week day routine week for me this year. Woot! With an office party, hair salon visit, and a day train trip to end it. Woot!

Baking day, so will go to sister’s house. Betty Crocker and candy makers we will be.

Sunday it is. Hope all have a most enjoyable one. Ooh now just over a week of days, until that holiday Monday. Holidays are here. :santa:

Good Sunday morning everyone :wave2:

IMG_2833.jpeg

Up having my coffee this morning. I have plenty of coffee and some nice tea bags for Carole. So everyone come on over for a hot beverage and some breakfast.
IMG_2839.gif

IMG_2834.gif

Happy Birthday to Charade. We need some Minions and cake.

IMG_2836.gif

IMG_2837.gif

Those are nice pictures of the Christmas Inn. Sounds like you have had a nice birthday trip minus the trolly trip to Gatlinburg. Safe travels back home.

Goddaughter came over this weekend and made lentil soup for us, 6qts worth.
Leftovers became Italian wedding soup tonight with a few additions.
Nice on a chilly night.
It is always nice to have good homemade soup during this time of the season. It does warm the soul.

Hi Robo, are you in the Nashville area? I saw some drone footage today. Some of the damage is pretty bad, buildings down to the ground. Did you see the power plant explosion? It was like something out of a movie, unreal. I feel so bad for everyone. The city was just now starting to recover from the March 3rd storms.
No I have a home about and hour and a half north of Nashville. It is always so sad to see the damage those terrible storms cause.

i got quite sick three days off the cruise ship. No fever nor energy. Today, first day heading out to try to finish xmas shopping, planning on a short trip tho.
Hope you are feeling better.

it was a real slog for me to get thru the pricey pre-paid WDW events. Even fell asleep standing up at the MK during the mickey party. Mr said he heard odd sound, looked over and realized I was snoring. :blush:
That is a fine art to sleep standing up. You must have been exhausted.

Gift to myself: have decided it’s time to flip things in general. just too many people out there that seemingly thrive on drama & creating chaos. :confused3 Life is far too short to accept that sort of stress that others want to place upon you.
Words of wisdom for sure.

I’am not a fan of dramatic behavior. . I have had to close the door on a few relationships this year primarily with family who have been behaving badly for a while. It is sad, but necessary. This one particular person loves stirring the pot and thrives off of being miserable and making everyone around her miserable.

Choosing peace, happiness and harmony is a better option.

On Christmas Eve we always have sloppy joes, chips, veggies, and assorted Christmas treats after the Christmas Eve Church service. I love this beautiful service with the peace and solitude, and of course the last song holding the candles in a darkened church. There is just something about that that means Christmas to me.
Then Christmas Day we gather at my daughter's house which will be full to the brim with family and friends. We have plenty of food and goodies that everyone brings. We also play games and have a blast laughing through those. We have cut back on gifts this year. Of course the kids will get the usual gifts. We draw names for the adults and get a gift, so everyone gets one.
Sounds like a wonderful set of traditions Ruth. Hope you are feeling better.

Since we are in Scotland we take my mum and anyone else who wants to join us out for dinner to a fabulous little pub, it`s always booked up and you have to book weeks in advance. Then we drop mum at home, have a cuppa and we go back to the hotel where we go to the bar and have some bubbly or drop into visit my oldest friend and her family if they`re home. If we were at home it would vary depending on what friends joined us, but doesn`t matter what you do, as long as you are with friends or family, that`s enough.
You are such a good cook and hostess at your home that your parties have left an indelible impression on your friends. That says a lot,

Son made the district honor band-he’s also pretty excited about this as he plans on doing something with music as career.
Congratulations to your son.

Your tree is beautiful.

Have a wonderful Christmas.

After a lot of jostling of carts to let him thru, when I moved aside (just holding my items), the dog lunged at me, barking & snarling. Surprised he didn’t break his neck on the lead. Like out of a cartoon... His head stayed fixed on end of lead and his body & legs swung out towards me.
What a horrible experience. There is no excuse for those lethal dogs to be in the grocery store with that woman. She does not have the right to bring those animals in the store at the peril of everyone else.

I think I would talk to the management at Walmart. My guess is this isn’t her first rodeo there. Thankfully you were unharmed, but her irresponsible behavior might cost a child or another adult their lives if this episode is repeated.

So, that`s my day ahead, simply baking, watching some Christmas movies and sipping pots of tea.

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas season inspired day.

I had planned to post yesterday then the day took on a life its own. I just go with the flow sometimes. Let things unfold as they will. I‘am thankful to be retired and have the ability to do that.

I have baked more cookies this year than I have in a few years. I decided to bake and share cookies trays with our sweet children and grandchildren for their office parties. I know they are busy and I wanted to help them out.

I also made some cookie trays for our neighbors.

This new batch of cookies I made this week had a few different cookies I had not made before.

IMG_2823.jpeg

I made molasses cookies for the first time this year. Some pecans shortbread and some cranberry orange cookies. I made some peanut butter blossoms with new Hershey cherry cordial kisses and some more pecan tassies and shortbread preserve cookies.

IMG_2827.jpeg

I went to visit my mom’s twin sister yesterday in Kentucky. She is the only one left in the family. She is 84. I shopped her some Christmas presents on Friday. I tried to think of what she would want. I know she likes jewelry so I bought her a nice pearl necklace and some perfume. She liked her gifts.

I will admit it is a little hard to see her as she reminds me how much I miss my mom.

We had a nice visit. After I left her place I went to the cemetery which is about a half hour away from my aunts place to visit my moms grave. My mom is buried near her parents and three of her siblings that died before she was born.

The cemetery is out in the country. It is in a beautiful setting. A lot of my mom’s family is buried out in this cemetery. Grandparents, great-grandparents and great-great grandparents lots of family history.

On a more jarring note. Tuesday morning at 7:30 am we awakened to this very loud noise in our front yard and looked out the window and saw these guys digging in our yard. They had a loud grinding machine in the hole they had made.

Hubby went out to see what was going on and they told him they were subcontracters for the water dept company that were putting in new water meter control pipping. We were never told about this ahead of time. They were cutting tree roots so they could get the new meter in.

About 20 minutes later we heard sirens and fire trucks arriving outside our home. Those guys hit the gas line. It was very cold out and you could see the gas coming out the ground.

The gas company came out and was able to repair the line and the fire trucks stayed until the repairs were made.

We are for sure giving thanks for the fact that we and our neighbors were safe. Had that grinder sparked that leaking gas once the line was ruptured it would have taken out the whole neighborhood.

Ground markings for gas lines etc....should have been done before those guys started digging. Going to be interesting to see how this all falls out as to the cost of this mistake on the part of the subcontracters.

I have a couple more Christmas gifts to wrap. Everything else is ready for Christmas Eve.

Did not want to leave anything to chance on not being able to get some needed food supplies for the meal Christmas Eve so I have been stocking up slowly. So ready on that front.

Hard to believe Christmas Eve is less than a week away. We have our big shindig with the family near and far on that evening. We are looking forward to seeing everyone.

Still going to require that family members check temps and stay home if sick so not to spread any new cooties that are going around during the festivities.

Looks like it will be a quiet day around here.

Have wonderful Sunday everyone doing whatever makes you happy.

How scary a morning you had, Robo. Glad no fire or explosion. Wonderful looking baking you’ve done. Time of year to be reminded of those we lost, and those who we love to share in food and fun. Hope your coffee stays hot, and enjoying it in your HHN mug. Hugs.

Well, not a kid in sight, did call sister, who asked if we could pick up some as we travel up to her. Neither kid is moving yet. Hmmm. Maybe will go up to see if either will look up from their screen.

I am back home now. Glad to be home, but don’t want to go to work tomorrow.

I don’t remember if I mentioned the missing keys. When we got to Pigeon Forge dh realized he was missing his key ring which contained house keys, all 3 car keys, and his office keys. (We drove B’s car and he used her key) He thoroughly searched the car and called the 2 places where we had stopped along the way, but no keys. I even texted the cat sitter thinking maybe he had left them on the table. I have no idea how much it would cost to replace the car keys. His car is “keyless” but still has an electronic key.
Well, he was going to take his black coat on the trip, but changed to a to a red coat last minute. Thankfully the keys were found in the pocket of the black coat when we got home.

Hope no rain on your trip.
No such luck. It rained the entire drive home. We still made really good time though.
Glad you made it home safely although a bit late. I don’t get motion sick, but I think that flight would have made me very nervous.

Up having my coffee this morning. I have plenty of coffee and some nice tea bags for Carole. So everyone come on over for a hot beverage and some breakfast.
I’ll take tea too please.

About 20 minutes later we heard sirens and fire trucks arriving outside our home. Those guys hit the gas line. It was very cold out and you could see the gas coming out the ground.

Wow, glad everyone is safe. Sounds like someone really dropped the ball here. When our neighborhood had fiber optic lines installed there were markings everywhere.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Because of our trolley ordeal last night I didn’t get any birthday cake, so I had some belated birthday pancakes this morning.

IMG_0166.jpeg

Last edited:
Good Sunday morning everyone :wave2:

View attachment 818241

View attachment 818247

View attachment 818242

Happy Birthday to Charade. We need some Minions and cake.

View attachment 818244

View attachment 818245

Those are nice pictures of the Christmas Inn. Sounds like you have had a nice birthday trip minus the trolly trip to Gatlinburg. Safe travels back home.

It is always nice to have good homemade soup during this time of the season. It does warm the soul.

No I have a home about and hour and a half north of Nashville. It is always so sad to see the damage those terrible storms cause.

Hope you are feeling better.

That is a fine art to sleep standing up. You must have been exhausted.

Words of wisdom for sure.

I’am not a fan of dramatic behavior. . I have had to close the door on a few relationships this year primarily with family who have been behaving badly for a while. It is sad, but necessary. This one particular person loves stirring the pot and thrives off of being miserable and making everyone around her miserable.

Choosing peace, happiness and harmony is a better option.

Sounds like a wonderful set of traditions Ruth. Hope you are feeling better.

You are such a good cook and hostess at your home that your parties have left an indelible impression on your friends. That says a lot,

Congratulations to your son.

Your tree is beautiful.

Have a wonderful Christmas.

What a horrible experience. There is no excuse for those lethal dogs to be in the grocery store with that woman. She does not have the right to bring those animals in the store at the peril of everyone else.

I think I would talk to the management at Walmart. My guess is this isn’t her first rodeo there. Thankfully you were unharmed, but her irresponsible behavior might cost a child or another adult their lives if this episode is repeated.

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas season inspired day.

I had planned to post yesterday then the day took on a life its own. I just go with the flow sometimes. Let things unfold as they will. I‘am thankful to be retired and have the ability to do that.

I have baked more cookies this year than I have in a few years. I decided to bake and share cookies trays with our sweet children and grandchildren for their office parties. I know they are busy and I wanted to help them out.

I also made some cookie trays for our neighbors.

This new batch of cookies I made this week had a few different cookies I had not made before.

View attachment 818252

I made molasses cookies for the first time this year. Some pecans shortbread and some cranberry orange cookies. I made some peanut butter blossoms with new Hershey cherry cordial kisses and some more pecan tassies and shortbread preserve cookies.

View attachment 818253

I went to visit my mom’s twin sister yesterday in Kentucky. She is the only one left in the family. She is 84. I shopped her some Christmas presents on Friday. I tried to think of what she would want. I know she likes jewelry so I bought her a nice pearl necklace and some perfume. She liked her gifts.

I will admit it is a little hard to see her as she reminds me how much I miss my mom.

We had a nice visit. After I left her place I went to the cemetery which is about a half hour away from my aunts place to visit my moms grave. My mom is buried near her parents and three of her siblings that died before she was born.

The cemetery is out in the country. It is in a beautiful setting. A lot of my mom’s family is buried out in this cemetery. Grandparents, great-grandparents and great-great grandparents lots of family history.

On a more jarring note. Tuesday morning at 7:30 am we awakened to this very loud noise in our front yard and looked out the window and saw these guys digging in our yard. They had a loud grinding machine in the hole they had made.

Hubby went out to see what was going on and they told him they were subcontracters for the water dept company that were putting in new water meter control pipping. We were never told about this ahead of time. They were cutting tree roots so they could get the new meter in.

The gas company came out and was able to repair the line and the fire trucks stayed until the repairs were made.

We are for sure giving thanks for the fact that we and our neighbors were safe. Had that grinder sparked that leaking gas once the line was ruptured it would have taken out the whole neighborhood.

Ground markings for gas lines etc....should have been done before those guys started digging. Going to be interesting to see how this all falls out as to the cost of this mistake on the part of the subcontracters.

I have a couple more Christmas gifts to wrap. Everything else is ready for Christmas Eve.

Did not want to leave anything to chance on not being able to get some needed food supplies for the meal Christmas Eve so I have been stocking up slowly. So ready on that front.

Hard to believe Christmas Eve is less than a week away. We have our big shindig with the family near and far on that evening. We are looking forward to seeing everyone.

Still going to require that family members check temps and stay home if sick so not to spread any new cooties that are going around during the festivities.

Looks like it will be a quiet day around here.

Have wonderful Sunday everyone doing whatever makes you happy.

Being retired is the best Robbie....although technically I retired in my 30`s so I`ve been told my views don`t count! I categorically disagree of course......lol.....I still love that feeling of not having to go to work!!

I`m so glad there was no damage with the gas outside, terrifying to think what could happen there. Blessings for sure.

I too will cut someone out if need be, no excuses for certain behaviours and once you`re out....you`re out with me, no going back. It`s a shame, but we can`t put up with nonsense. I often wonder what`s wrong with people when they behave in a certain way.

Cookies look lovely Robbie......I spent the weekend baking and cooking myself and it always makes me feel so wholesome somehow.......lol........

I am back home now. Glad to be home, but don’t want to go to work tomorrow.

I don’t remember if I mentioned the missing keys. When we got to Pigeon Forge dh realized he was missing his key ring which contained house keys, all 3 car keys, and his office keys. (We drove B’s car and he used her key) He thoroughly searched the car and called the 2 places where we had stopped along the way, but no keys. I even texted the cat sitter thinking maybe he had left them on the table. I have no idea how much it would cost to replace the car keys. His car is “keyless” but still has an electronic key.
Well, he was going to take his black coat on the trip, but changed to a to a red coat last minute. Thankfully the keys were found in the pocket of the black coat when we got home.

No such luck. It rained the entire drive home. We still made really good time though.
Glad you made it home safely although a bit late. I don’t get motion sick, but I think that flight would have made me very nervous.

I’ll take tea too please.

Wow, glad everyone is safe. Sounds like someone really dropped the ball here. When our neighborhood had fiber optic lines installed there were markings everywhere.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Because of our trolley ordeal last night I didn’t get any birthday cake, so I had some belated birthday pancakes this morning.

View attachment 818385

Nice looking cake, glad you had a nice trip and yes, glad you found the keys!!

Out very early this morning to pick a few things up before the crowds engulfed everywhere and it worked, managed to get what we wanted with no lines to get in or out where we wanted to be.

Dropped off the shortbread and cookies to Kyle`s offices, they are very grateful which is nice to see. Other clients hand in goodies this time of year too, so they have plenty of treats to keep them going till they finish on Thursday night.

Snack items for lunch, yesterday I made some duck spring rolls and spicy samosa`s, froze a load of them for over Christmas and New Year, that`ll do for today as we`re busy, out later this afternoon so dinner will be snack items too I think and some shrimp cocktail....UK style.

I have some things to get tomorrow and Wednesday then finish the wrapping and I`m done. I think getting a head start on the wrapping as soon as we start to buy items is always a good idea.

Definitely in need of some tea though....haven`t had a cup in hours!!

cv71-S.jpg

cv66-S.jpg

Happy Monday

7 sleeps till Christmas :santa:

It’s a Monday. Ugh. Could have used more sleep. But whatever.

Did baking and chocolate making until mid evening yesterday. Sending kids to finish up and pack up later this morning.

Hearing those noisy trash trucks go by. Won’t hear them next Monday though. Woot! A week later, make up trash day Tuesday.

Great to see Tink here. Hope all is well with you and family.

More tea, as think need to be ready for two meetings today. Sigh. So many emails saying be ready to return to office starting the second day of the new year. Eh, and to think I used to do that for 30 years, but not doing it for 2 years, showed me such a better life and work routine. But as I’m on the 7 year plan, by next Fall, will be 6. Think next year may fly by fast as this one has. And before I know it, it will be in a months count down.

Most Marvelous Monday to all.

ditto for Tink
😉

We need her back posting....:)

Busy, busy day......but productive!

Handed in all the cookies and treats to Kyle`s office, that was our first job of the day. He is so happy in this place, nice people who all get on well and no more working from home nonsense....he`s far too young to be stuck at home, he didn`t enjoy that with the previous job, and he very much enjoys the social interaction of the work place, it`s good that they`re all friends, that helps too. Nicest group of people ever.

Then got on with shopping that was unexpected, but got it sorted without getting into crowded places. Back home for wine being delivered which was exactly the time they said it would be, spent some time with friends for an hour or so then change of plan and we met Kyle for some food when he finished work tonight, went to a very trendy place he goes to with friends sometimes and it was very nice indeed!!

Home for a pot of tea and Tom and I will sit down and watch a movie later.....not sure which just yet.

No plans for tomorrow yet, might get the bulk of what`s left to wrap all packaged up, bought some lovely purple and silver wrapping ribbon today, it`ll make the gifts look extra christmassy.

Time for tea.....

:wave2: quick stop in! It's been a hot minute again.

Super busy with the healthcare job. The full-time gal is on holidays. They hired a new girl to replace the one who moved to a different department. New girl lasted 4 shifts - and she quit. This desk is NOT for the faint hearted and extremely busy. And I won't get started on how they have now asked me to change our Xmas and New years plans instead of moving me into the position and hiring for my position. I would have adjusted our plans to accommodate the hours of the new position - but I won't now. Your urgency and lack of planning doesn't constitute me changing my plans for your lack of foresight and planning.

Started wrapping gifts last night while watching " The Sound of Music" Love that movie. Still have more wrapping to do tonight. I'll get dh to help wrap the last ones for granddaughter and the boys.

I'm leaving work a bit early today - to hopefully finish up my baking. I didn't get nearly as much on Saturday (my only day off) as I needed to clean my disgusting house. Dh also had his company Xmas party that night too. It was a nice night and see some of the guys that I hear tales about.

Well, I should run. Trying to tie up loose ends here at the full-time job as today is my last day here until 2024. We are closed between Xmas and New Years. But I am working a couple days later after Xmas at my homecare job.

Have a great day everyone!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter