Something About Nothing............ #14

View attachment 850576
If your mind goes to Monty Python’s song “Always Look on the Bright Side of Life” you are my people.

View attachment 850578
Confirmation Services were lovely but foot throbbing & swollen. Oddly, stepped on huge bumble bee that was crawling on a throw rug in bathroom (the big bushy sort that keeps on stinging) right before leaving house.

Have a huge andromeda bush outside front door that attracts hundreds of bees when it first blooms every year. I do my best to skirt it until the swarm subsides, can’t bring myself to have it removed as so pretty.

Swollen foot, Benadryl taken and epi pen in hand, off I went. Pretty sure I nodded off a few times lol. Just sore today, whee. All the better to visit the dentist for a filling. I’m on a roll.

Have I mentioned I’m running away to Florida in 5 days?

Sounds like it will be a fun day!

The camel is wise

Probably spells it with three letters beginning with S & ending in X. Thank God for men who know how to spell it properly!

Haha there may be buried treasure up there or scary stuff. I’m good with basements, attics give me the Willies.

I`m not a fan of MP, one of my older brothers can relate almost every episode word for word, but I do like that song, some good lyrics in there!! And good advice too..... :rolleyes1

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best.....

Beautiful picture of your lovely granddaughter, hope she enjoyed the experience.

Unlucky with the bee though! Hope it`s not too bad today and having to go to the dentist too, that is being on a roll!!

Might have found one or two things......I`m the opposite, I prefer attics to basements!!!

I see what you did there.....running to Florida....lol....you`ll do fab!!!!

Oh I hear ya, Charade. Some just don’t get what ya saying. Why not apply? And lucky me, I have a day long meeting. I hope they break for lunch soon. It’s been 4 and 1/2 hours so far. I said I’m turning it off when I leave for the day. Though may play the audio in my car, if I remember to put the call in number info on my phone.

Ooh 5 day countdown Keisha? Wahoo! Ack, I’m allergic to bee stings too. Did that one time holding older one, when he was a baby. Almost dropped him. Yep, drugs and a cool pad on my foot, until swelling went down. Got one under my shirt sleeve a few years ago, arm swelled up. I hope I never get stung again. Time of year they are out and about. Hope you are feeling better, and tooth gets fix fast. Need to eat all that good food down in FLA and on a cruise. Congratulations to granddaughter on her confirmation. And hehe, a MP fan. Humor from my college days, and still get a kick out of them. Appreciate to watch a movie or show that I just have to laugh at what is said and or done.

Why not apply?
I’d have to quit my job and move to FL for the duration of the program. My boss is very flexible, but I doubt she would hold my job for me that long. I’ll just settle for occasional visits. I’m a week away from being able to start pricing air fare for our trip in March.

Quick stop in as I need a break from insurance. I have been trying to explain to one client how his insurance has changed but he just isn’t getting it. I have a headache and I’m ready to get on that plane to Florida. I told one of our therapists that it is tempting to not come back. Did I mention that I found out that there is no age limit on the Disney college program? I’m eligible to apply. Dh says I should. Yeah, I can’t see myself selling Mickey ears for several months.

30 minutes until lunch.

It might be fun for a time Charade, but oh goodness, dealing with those awkward customers wouldn`t be for me.

Hope the headache improves and hope the time goes fast till your trip.

Probably spells it with three letters beginning with S & ending in X. Thank God for men who know how to spell it properly!

Haha there may be buried treasure up there or scary stuff. I’m good with basements, attics give me the Willies.

Friend appeared so never got a chance to finish.....yes, I think the guy who laughed at us being romantic is exactly one of those. Wouldn`t know romance if it bit him on the butt!! I`m all for romance in a marriage and Tom proudly told him the same thing. Feel for his wife, she always looks so miserable, I`ll keep my very romantic husband any day!

So, we did find a few things of interest, some lovely pictures we had forgotten about, definitely uploading them to keep but we did find some novelty things too.

Two mugs from Disney when we first went in 2007

cv46-X2.jpg

cv47-X2.jpg

And this, Tom bought this in 1981 when he was in Florida, it`s still in perfect condition.

cv45-X2.jpg

Hope the dental appointment goes well!!!

So, everything is now stored in garage or man shed, some things are just in the spare rooms, but I need to move them as I hate clutter. Loads of stuff to go to the charity store from both attics, will get that done tomorrow. Books, DVD`s and so many other items, but if we`ve managed without them all these years, we don`t need them. Although I`m not getting rid of all the albums we discovered, 1970/80`s classics, limited edition 12" singles and coloured albums, truly a treasure chest.

But, the friend that popped in went away with some things too, she was in seventh heaven wondering why we had discarded so many things she loves....lol.....

Busy day, but happy we got the attics cleared, got my lasagne in the oven, made lasagne sheets, maybe a little thicker than I`d like but they should be ok, certainly be filling.

My friend brought us some lunch she had made, chinese chicken egg rolls and her own dipping sauce, unfortunately she forgot I`m allergic to MSG and added it to the sauce, so had a slight reaction to that....I always laugh as she says I`m the only person on the planet with that allergy as she`s never heard of it, but it was a mild reaction and no rash.

Tonight, after dinner we are going to sloth along the sofas in the kitchen or sitting room I think and watch some tv, drink some tea and chill out.

It might be fun for a time Charade, but oh goodness, dealing with those awkward customers wouldn`t be for me.
I did my time in customer service. I don’t want to go back again.

Tonight, after dinner we are going to sloth along the sofas in the kitchen or sitting room I think and watch some tv, drink some tea and chill out.
I googled sloth sofa and the internet did not disappoint.

IMG_0365.jpeg

I did my time in customer service. I don’t want to go back again.

I googled sloth sofa and the internet did not disappoint.

View attachment 850667

lol.....love it Charade!!!!

I swear, that was us last night, apart from moving to get a glass of wine, we slothed all night!!

:wave2:

Who doesn`t love a Friday!!

Not much going on today, we both discovered we have undiscovered muscles that ache a little this morning after moving those boxes yesterday, hot bath didn`t help last night so hopefully the jets in the shower will work better this morning!

Dropping several boxes of stuff off to the charity store this morning, some things we found neither of us remember buying them or being given them! But, the joys of attics, I`m so glad they are both floored out and have lighting up there, certainly makes them less creepy than they could be.

French Toast for breakfast, no idea for lunch and steak for dinner tonight, will make a pepper sauce to go with mine, Tom prefers his steak without a sauce on the side and will make chunky chips and side salad too. And no adverse reaction from the MSG yesterday, my poor friend was horrified she gave me a sauce with it in.

First pot of tea coming up, going to be a lovely day, might even get up to 70f, but might still be a little breezy.

i-WjxCXSV-S.jpg

cv44-S.jpg

cv46-S.jpg

Have a lovely Friday!!​

Ooh a rainy and windy day for us this Friday. Cold front has arrived, as 64 degrees is the high.

Glad, today, it’s also payday Friday, and time to file our federal, state, and local taxes. Sigh. April is costly, as also just paid township property tax too.

Well that way annoying, as that it took a while to boot up, but when it did, easy, and should be online quiet today.

Most fabulous Friday to all. Tea and back to screen. Sigh, but nice and quiet here. Woot!

Got one under my shirt sleeve a few years ago, arm swelled up. I hope I never get stung again. Time of year they are out and about. Hope you are feeling better, and tooth gets fix fast
That’s how I wound up “becoming” allergic. One flew down bathsuit top as an adult, stung repeatedly to point I wound up in ER. Oddly, wound up with blood poisoning a few days later from it that they quickly caught & put that right. Never saw it start before, like the special effects makeup for a zombie
I’d have to quit my job and move to FL for the duration of the program. My boss is very flexible, but I doubt she would hold my job for me that long. I’ll just settle for occasional visits. I’m a week away from being able to start pricing air fare for our trip in March.
My middle DS had a friend in the college program. Her assignment was at cart on Main Street in those long period costumes they used to make them wear. She said there were times she was sure she’d pass out from the heat radiating up off the pavement.

I’m hesitant to share the sloth couch pic (glorious) with my youngest who has been obsessed with them since a child…he needs a new one. His cats would love it tho
we both discovered we have undiscovered muscles that ache a little this morning after moving those boxes yesterday, hot bath didn`t help last night so hopefully the jets in the shower will work better this morning!
Haha I’m convinced new ones crop up as you adult…sole purpose to ache & mock us
Glad, today, it’s also payday Friday, and time to file our federal, state, and local taxes. Sigh. April is costly, as also just paid township property tax too.
all taxes here cleared last month for me. Far earlier than is my norm. However, April is turning expensive for us too. just paid off July cruise this week & waiting to see if a DVC add on passes ROFR process. File that under what was I thinking. Lololol.
IMG_4987.jpeg
Or start any day!

Already dropped off truck for inspection, promised to make some bacon for 2nd breakfast :). next upsorting clothes for the trip. Yes, this is admittedly me X more lol
IMG_4991.jpeg

IMG_4985.jpeg
Like Lynne’s area, never know what’s going to be outside that door last few weeks. Near 80 a couple of days ago, today more rain. Put phone on silent as sick of the repeated flash flood warnings waking me all night

Ack, that was aweful reaction, Keisha. I just swell up and hurt for a while, until the drugs work. Yeah, we had 75 the other day, with this cold front, raining now, and 54 the high tomorrow. Bad hair day alert for Saturday too, as saying wind warnings. And yes, first year we owe for some time, so waiting until almost last day to file. We have a good accountant that does ours. He also does the kids’. But of course, we pay for the kids too. Yay for cruise coming up this summer. I asked if kids were ready to cruise again. That was a eh from both of them. So I guess it’s a someday thought, like when we have a place down there. DH said maybe sooner than later. I’m like, well, closer to when I’ll be able to stay for months at a time.

Hopefully lunchtime soon. Yay, double long one today.

TGIF everyone.
Errand day here, hung an entire 10 foot ceiling bedroom yesterday and feeling old.
Headed to SW and BG next weekend then a few days in UO sometime late May.
Birthday request for ooey gooey brownies tomorrow, contemplating my grocery list over French toast rn.
Have a great weekend 😀

Happy Friday. I dropped dh off at the airport this morning. He’s going to an academic conference. B has the day off so we are having lunch at the tea room. This is our first time having lunch. We usually go for afternoon tea. She had the cottage pie and I had bangers & mash. Both were good. Now we are waiting on dessert.

Not much going on today, we both discovered we have undiscovered muscles that ache a little this morning after moving those boxes yesterday, hot bath didn`t help last night so hopefully the jets in the shower will work better this morning!
Sounds like today will be a good day to relax.

Just paid ours last week. We also increased withholding. It’s hard to estimate dh’s income. He had base pay plus overload classes, online classes, and other things.

My middle DS had a friend in the college program. Her assignment was at cart on Main Street in those long period costumes they used to make them wear. She said there were times she was sure she’d pass out from the heat radiating up off the pavement.
The heat would bother me more than the customers. Dh had a student who was a photographer a few years ago. She did so well that they hired her full time.

Dessert is here.

Today’s countdown:
IMG_0357.gif

Last edited:
I should be cleaning the house but I’m thinking about my trip instead. I think this will be a very unstructured trip. I’m thinking that instead of eating regular meals I am just going to eat whenever I feel hungry and possibly do a lot of snacking. I usually don’t do much snacking in theme parks because I am full from regular meals. I am looking for suggestions for good snacks or small portions inside the 2 parks. For example: I loved the smoked brisket crepe. What else would you recommend? Preferably something I can’t buy from restaurants at home.

Just done rubbing my brisket to let it dry rub up. Dawned on me I’ll need to get that monster in the oven by 7 am to serve the fam by 5 pm

Worse, that equates to cake in oven by 6 am. I’m usually up but taking my time to laze a bit, coffee etc before functioning.

One of best things re retirement, taking my time to do nothing lol

Enjoy girls time with your DD. Nothing is really coming to mind re snacks in the parks. Hmmm. Do enjoy pizza fries when they aren’t as rushed as HHN time Not sure if on everyday menu

sushi=orchard court
Pretzels= Jake’s or margaritaville

And no adverse reaction from the MSG yesterday, my poor friend was horrified she gave me a sauce with it in.
OMG
So I guess it’s a someday thought, like when we have a place down there. DH said maybe sooner than later. I’m like, well, closer to when I’ll be able to stay for months at a time.
That’s sounds lovely to look forward to
Birthday request for ooey gooey brownies tomorrow,
Are u the BD boy or the cook?

that ceiling job sounds really daunting. Now, I can’t whine about cleaning out a closet today lol

Happy Friday. I dropped dh off at the airport this morning. He’s going to an academic conference. B has the day off so we are having lunch at the tea room. This is our first time having lunch. We usually go for afternoon tea. She had the cottage pie and I had bangers & mash. Both were good. Now we are waiting on dessert.

Sounds like today will be a good day to relax.

Just paid ours last week. We also increased withholding. It’s hard to estimate dh’s income. He had base pay plus overload classes, online classes, and other things.

The heat would bother me more than the customers. Dh had a student who was a photographer a few years ago. She did so well that they hired her full time.

Dessert is here.

Today’s countdown:
View attachment 850927

Lunch out is always lovely, all our friends and I do enjoy a luncheon together once a week if we can.

And your countdown must be at two weeks today.....exciting!

I should be cleaning the house but I’m thinking about my trip instead. I think this will be a very unstructured trip. I’m thinking that instead of eating regular meals I am just going to eat whenever I feel hungry and possibly do a lot of snacking. I usually don’t do much snacking in theme parks because I am full from regular meals. I am looking for suggestions for good snacks or small portions inside the 2 parks. For example: I loved the smoked brisket crepe. What else would you recommend? Preferably something I can’t buy from restaurants at home.

We don`t really snack much either in the parks, but the tator tots from Green Eggs and Ham are supposed to be very good, there are a couple of varieties to choose from. Ice cream from Florean Fortescues, cakes from San Francisco Bakery beside Lombards or something from the Today Cafe.

Just done rubbing my brisket to let it dry rub up. Dawned on me I’ll need to get that monster in the oven by 7 am to serve the fam by 5 pm

Worse, that equates to cake in oven by 6 am. I’m usually up but taking my time to laze a bit, coffee etc before functioning.

One of best things re retirement, taking my time to do nothing lol

Enjoy girls time with your DD. Nothing is really coming to mind re snacks in the parks. Hmmm. Do enjoy pizza fries when they aren’t as rushed as HHN time Not sure if on everyday menu

sushi=orchard court
Pretzels= Jake’s or margaritaville

OMG

That’s sounds lovely to look forward to

Are u the BD boy or the cook?

that ceiling job sounds really daunting. Now, I can’t whine about cleaning out a closet today lol

lol...that brisket will be amazing!! Well worth it. I defrosted a "rather larger than I realised" leg of lamb for Sunday, I don`t think it`s going to fit in the larger of the slow cookers, so Tom will be hacking off the end before it goes in tomorrow!

I agree with you Janet, retirement is the best and we`re so glad Tom took early retirement when he did, those extra years are amazing and you and your mister are the same. I`ve been retired for about 30 years as Tom does remind me now and again:rotfl: Yes, I can take all day to do nothing too!!!! It`s a gift!

I did help my friend E out for a time as her Practice Manager I suppose to help her out, but that was so much fun and not like working at all!! I actually can`t believe it`s been 8 years since she passed away now, far too young, we do still miss her terribly, she was someone who you either loved her or hated her, bluntest person I ever met in my whole life but had a heart of gold.

Oh remind me to tell you about the time at HHN I got chicken stingers and forgot to ask if they had MSG in them......so funny now but not at the time 🥴
It`s a strange allergy and it`s in so many things you might not expect, most places don`t use it over here, but it`s still there.

Have a great weekend!

Hope Ruth is having a wonderful time on her trip to family!!!

Dull, but calm and still this morning over here. I think we`re heading into the village this morning, the local brass band and choir are doing something in the centre so that`ll be nice to see. Then a really lazy day and weekend, I have some new books to read so will start one of those I think.

Making a curry for dinner tonight, I didn`t make it last night as we had visitors, a couple of friends popped round for a drink and some snacks and it was a lovely evening, but midnight before we knew it.

So will get the sauce and chicken simmering away this morning and it can slow bubble away all day, will make coconut rice tonight to go with it, we do love a Thai curry and tonight will marinade the hopefully defrosted lamb in red wine, garlic, rosemary and seasonings, it`ll be gorgeous tomorrow!!

But, first, decided to make pancakes this morning, Tom prefers those to French Toast, so we`ll have those with bacon and syrup and tea of course, very British way to start the day!! But, there might be a Spicy Mango Margarita served up later!!

1712992266138.jpeg

cv62-S.jpg

cv41-S.jpg

Happy Saturday and weekend ☺️

Ah, that Saturday weekend day is here. Alarm off, and DH still asked if I was getting up before the time it would have gone off. Um, no. I’d like to see if I can more sleep. And I did. He finally got up, and made coffee. I’m ready for a long hot shower. It’s nice when we both can relax this early morning. Not sure what for breakfast, but not that hungry yet.

Windy, and overcast. My phone just flashed light rain expected to start in 3 minutes. Think may only last around an hour. But it’s the wind that is what will make ya feel even cooler than it feels. And almost not ready to put away a heavier jacket. 46 out, and 13 mph winds, with 34 mph gusts. A little brr this morning. But this cold front will not last. Prediction is most of next week will be dry, and high in the low 70’s. Starting with tomorrow, full day of sunshine and 71. Not the 58 degrees we get to feel late this afternoon. Much more normal temps for us, are low to mid 70’s the high. Glad this cold front was short. Though gave us a good amount of rain when it came.

Oooh just heard our local fire whistle just go off. Guess I will hear which way the fire trucks will go soon. It’s quiet, so not much traffic heard. But not much after we were both awake, that cardinal sounded his morning hello sirens and tweeting for a good 10 minutes. So nice a pair is around our home now. I think because the last couple of years, a hawk was around. That bird hasn’t been seen around lately, so nice to have more birds around us, and our close neighbors. Hehe, neighbor has those mini doxies, and that hawk was very interested in them. My neighbor was happy to not see that hawk around lately, too.

And, it’s raining.

Hope all have a nice, and relaxing Saturday. And yay, hope Ruth is enjoying her trip to visit family. And Janet has to get that luggage out. Yay for trips this time of year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter