Something about Nothing, come join in........ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

yankeepenny

DVC owner at Saratoga Springs Resort
damo- smart socks are those smart wool socks, that is the name brand anyway. they wick away moisture.
they come in different styles and sizes, i like the ones that go just up to the ankle. some are thick, with more wool, others are a wool blend. they really helped my feet last year.

we are still not certain about my needing a scooter for getting around. the toe is better, but i know arthritis is there now and there are days it aches, feels like it needs a root canal.
gross, i know.....:scared:
but the good news is i have two feet, a job and life is good compared to those who truly suffer- so i really have no complaints......

well, maybe on pms days.....:rolleyes1
aka PENNY'S MONSTER SYNDROME :rotfl2:

damo, take me with you to california!

penny, glad you are packing smart socks and not stupid ones.

gemma.............happy landing

damo, take me with you to california!

penny, glad you are packing smart socks and not stupid ones.

gemma.............happy landing

Congratuations mac!!! :cheer2: You posted the 3,000th post on this thread! :cheer2: :cheer2:

I'm home and I'm exhausted. :faint:

You know it is bad when it takes as much (if not more) work to keep your mother in line as it does for the 2 kids. At least I can strap the little ones into one of those extended shopping carts with the seats in back. If they could just come up with a cart that also had a spot to strap Mom into... :rolleyes1

Oh, don't I sound terrible. I love my mom dearly and I am thrilled to have the time with her. She can be a trial, but I can handle it.

Next time, I'll just drink heavily before we go. (KIDDING!)

I'm off to read Bubba's Mom TR... :goodvibes

damo- smart socks are those smart wool socks, that is the name brand anyway. they wick away moisture.
they come in different styles and sizes, i like the ones that go just up to the ankle. some are thick, with more wool, others are a wool blend. they really helped my feet last year.

we are still not certain about my needing a scooter for getting around. the toe is better, but i know arthritis is there now and there are days it aches, feels like it needs a root canal.
gross, i know.....:scared:
but the good news is i have two feet, a job and life is good compared to those who truly suffer- so i really have no complaints......

well, maybe on pms days.....:rolleyes1
aka PENNY'S MONSTER SYNDROME :rotfl2:

i just went back and checked...

miss penny lane posted #3000.......not me
congrats penny!

see ??/ PMS does some good once in awhile!
:lmao:

wonder if Gemma is snoring or soarin' or eating right now.....

ATTENTION!

the garden is exploding....

anyone up for a road trip here to Maine?????:idea:

got lots of beans ,sugar snaps, summer squash and enough zucchini to feed the east coast......

penny's monster syndrone, pms - took awhile before i got it:rotfl: Your garden's producing better than ours, only 1 tiny heirloom tomato, green, yellow & snap beans, cukes, lettuce & 1 zuchinni (okay by me, i run outta ideas after 2;) ). You should set up a roadside stand manned by kids, instead of a lemonaide stand.:)

damo i need all the helpful DL hints you can throw @ me.:thumbsup2I look forward to a TR. I'm full of it (questions) r u doing universal too? which onsite hotel? have you stayed offsite before? (we were thinking of across from the main gate on Harbor - read it's actually quicker to get to parks from some of them:confused3they look a little dumpy to me.)

ooooooooooo...... a CA TR from damo... :scratchin now THAT sounds good! :thumbsup2

this is the blurb i mentioned on the simpson thread barb

i posted it over there also

Woo hoo! Universal Orlando Resort will be welcoming America’s favorite animated
family next year when Universal Studios unveils its newest attraction. The Simpsons
will be replacing Back to the Future the Ride® in a hilarious new adventure being
developed in conjunction with the show’s creators and featuring all the original voices.
Would you like to be one of the fi rst to ride it? For updated attraction information and
the chance to be one of the fi rst to experience the new ride, register with your e-mail
address, date of birth, PIN number, Passholder name, address, and phone number at
APspecialEvent@universalorlando.com.

just mustard on the dog please.......

going to make DH lunch for tomorrow.....be back shortly one last time tonite.....

wonder if Gemma is snoring or soarin' or eating right now.....

I agree with Macraven, she's probably half way thru Harry Potter! I'm re-reading number 5, than 6. So it will be awhile before i get to the new one. Hopefully the kids won't spill the beans.:upsidedow

ATTENTION!

the garden is exploding....
anyone up for a road trip here to Maine?????:idea:
got lots of beans ,sugar snaps, summer squash and enough zucchini to feed the east coast......

I know what you mean....must be all the rain we've been getting. I used to have a large garden. The deer were such a problem thou that I had to put up an electric fence. :scared1: Than you have to keep the grass around the fence mowed or it won't work. Turned into way too much work. I miss the fresh corn and the cantelope thou. :sad2:
I stick to perennials now, learned over the years what the little buggers won't eat. had two fawns and there moms on the lawn this morning. :goodvibes
Off to my son's hockey game. Talk to you all tomorrow!

ooooooooooo...... a CA TR from damo... :scratchin now THAT sounds good! :thumbsup2

You've got a deal!

damo i need all the helpful DL hints you can throw @ me.:thumbsup2I look forward to a TR. I'm full of it (questions) r u doing universal too? which onsite hotel? have you stayed offsite before? (we were thinking of across from the main gate on Harbor - read it's actually quicker to get to parks from some of them:confused3they look a little dumpy to me.)

We are staying at Paradise Pier in a one bedroom suite. They wouldn't guarantee us two connecting regular rooms, so this was the next best thing. We stayed at the Grand Californian last time. It is just so expensive and the rooms are really no big deal. With two adults (well really 4 since the kids aren't kids anymore), we needed lots of space. I'll take pictures of our room and post. Paradise Pier is quite reasonable. I really researched the offsite hotels. Some of them really seem yucky and I just wasn't going to take that chance. I'd rather spend a little more and get a nice room. Then we are going to Newport for three nights and staying at the Island hotel. Now that looks really nice. In Valencia, we are staying at the Hyatt. We've stayed there before, twice, and love it there.

We did Universal the first time we went but since there isn't anything new there since then, we are skipping it. We're just doing Magic Mountain and Disneyland.

Sharon..no garden here either! The back of my house faces north, so no "good" sunlight there....and I'm not growin' tomatoes out front :laughing: I get my produce from a place that sells privately...and cheap!

damo......i am already excited about your pictures and you aren't even gone yet! :rotfl2: don't forget the classic "foot" picture!

well....it's that time....headin' to bed....

nite all :cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter