Something about Nothing, come join in........

Status
Not open for further replies.

macraven

Proud Redhead
i got the go ahead from the mods to start a chat type of thread that will stay in the Universal forums. :thumbsup2

please drop in anytime here to get to know the other universal homies, talk about your trip, discuss anything about universal, city walk, the on site hotels or just say what is on your mind.

so many of our threads become a question and answer thread and die out within a week. let's hope this thread will grow and be a place where we can exchange with others.

everyone is invited to join in.
ask questions, post pictures, give opinions, or just yak.........
only restriction is we play nice.

The new thread is here: Something about Nothing Part 2

last night i was looking through the threads and noticed my name as last poster on lot of them.

i'm really getting sick of seeing my name there.........
and i started to think, i bet others are too.

:rolleyes1

last night i was looking through the threads and noticed my name as last poster on lot of them.

i'm really getting sick of seeing my name there.........
and i started to think, i bet others are too.

:rolleyes1

I guess you are not use to getting in the last word normally????:cool2:

I guess you are not use to getting in the last word normally????:cool2:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
heck, i figure if i was getting sick of always seeing my name, others would be too at this point....

didn't think of it as getting the last word in.
i rarely do in my house....

My sister & nephew's are here visiting for Spring Break, so I don't have much time to chat. I just wanted to join MIB in saying :wave2: , so it would look a little less like you're talking to yourself. :laughing:

I'll join! We're going to Universal for 2 days (one night at RPR) in early August in the midst of a 2 week WDW vacation. We're pretty excited because our kids are older (will be 12, 14 and 15) and are big thrill ride fans. Also, I'm just excited about trying something new. Disney is Disney and I'm sure we'll have fun, but the only new thing for us this time is Everest. Since our last visit to Universal was in 1997 (yes, in a few days it will be a decade!) and our kids were 1, 3, and 5 at the time, it was quite a different experience. I'm guessing Barney won't play quite as big of a role this time!

i got the go ahead from the mods to start a chat type of thread that will stay in the Universal forums. :thumbsup2

please drop in anytime here to get to know the other universal homies, talk about your trip, discuss anything about universal, city walk, the on site hotels or just say what is on your mind.

so many of our threads become a question and answer thread and die out within a week. let's hope this thread will grow and be a place where we can exchange with others.

only restriction is we play nice.

Hey mac and everyone! Great idea mac! Finally have a place to just come and say hi! Thanks for doing this homie!

I'll join! We're going to Universal for 2 days (one night at RPR) in early August in the midst of a 2 week WDW vacation. We're pretty excited because our kids are older (will be 12, 14 and 15) and are big thrill ride fans. Also, I'm just excited about trying something new. Disney is Disney and I'm sure we'll have fun, but the only new thing for us this time is Everest. Since our last visit to Universal was in 1997 (yes, in a few days it will be a decade!) and our kids were 1, 3, and 5 at the time, it was quite a different experience. I'm guessing Barney won't play quite as big of a role this time!

i see you are in green bay.
has the weather prediction changed yet?
last i heard the rain is going to change to snow mid week and someone will get 8-10 inches of snow this week.
are you going to get lucky w/snow?

hey barney is still hot and alive at universal. read on an older thread phamton went to see it...:eek:

your kids are at the age where they can do everything in the parks.
i know you will have a great time.
make good use out of the fotl.

Great idea macraven!!

My BF is going to Orlando for the first time in December with me and I cannot wait to see his reaction to USO/IOA. I know he will be able to give or take Disney, he is just not into that whole scene, but I know he will LOVE Universal. Plus, we will be staying onsite, which will make a HUGE difference in the whole experience. He is 36, and has never really travelled, so I decided for our first real trip together that we would go somewhere with a bang!!

Can't wait to go, because where I am, the snow is still falling (what the heck??? Our winters are never this long) and a nice holiday somewhere warm will be awesome.

chrisjo, you will have so much fun w bf
at 36, it's about time he got into mummy dust !

so you have snow now, doesn't it suck. come on, it's spring time....

i just watched the local weather. looks like we will be hit this week with snow again. predicting 8-10 inches. we are just a couple of miles from the wisconsin border and that is the edge of the storm that is coming in.

i can remember having snow flurries just briefly in june one year.
some years back we had snow which did melt soon during the day in May.

being that i am almost 2 miles from lake michigan, we get the lake effect snow at times.

i think i have forgotten what warm weather is like.

mac - you made a home for the homies:thumbsup2 :banana: wise woman!

this is something i was hoping for keisha.
there are many threads on the community board for people of similar interests and threads in other topic forums for chats. i was concerned if i started a chat thread in the cb, we would not be well received.

i don't want an atmosphere where there are debates or conflicts, just a place to kick up our heels and yak about things we like to do, or what's on our minds.

i would like to thank phamton and dagny our universal mods for allowing this thread to be born. i hope they stop by for a cup of coffee soon.

I just want to say how friggin anxious I am for Universal to announce SOME new big ride...at least I know they're spending money this year!

:thumbsup2

What a great Idea!

I have an interesting topic. Has anyone ever gone to the psychics in IOA? They are in the tent in Drangon Land (as I call it) There is a guy named Kevin who absolutely blew me away. My DH and I went for fun....I was not expecting an experience like that. Kevin read my palm and he told me details about my life. He did not question me , he told me. He told my husband details about a guy we do business with (with whom we I had my suspicions about) and he told us he is a liar and cannot be trusted...and he was right. I have been to psychics before, but this guy was amazing. I am looking forward to going again.

So I am wondering if anyone else has shared in this experience.

Happy to join! I'm going to Orlando for the 11th time this summer!! so excited!! Will get to stay at HRH for one night (we will be renting a villa as always....boo) as a birthday present from my parents. 19 years old now and still love going away with good ole mum and dad! very very very excited even though I've done most things in my 10 times being there! One thing different about this time is that my parents friends are coming and bringing their kids (2 and 5) so I can't wait to see their faces light up when they first see UO and IOA!!

What a great Idea!

I have an interesting topic. Has anyone ever gone to the psychics in IOA? They are in the tent in Drangon Land (as I call it) There is a guy named Kevin who absolutely blew me away. My DH and I went for fun....I was not expecting an experience like that. Kevin read my palm and he told me details about my life. He did not question me , he told me. He told my husband details about a guy we do business with (with whom we I had my suspicions about) and he told us he is a liar and cannot be trusted...and he was right. I have been to psychics before, but this guy was amazing. I am looking forward to going again.

Just wanted to stop in and say HEY! to everyone. I know I might not be familiar to you guys because I don't post a whole lot but I do stop in daily and read up on things happenin' at US/IOA.

I must say that I am one of those people that has the same amount of love for Universal & Disney. Of course that may be because I really like to take long vacations and doing both in a relaxing a manor is just wonderful. If I'm not in Orlando for at least 14 days then I am not happy!

I will try to start posting more and get to know you all better. I do wnat to say however those of you that do are doing a fabulous job answering questions for everyone.

What a great Idea!

Last time we visited that tent, I had a woman read my cards. She was really reluctant and she just kept saying that I was a survivor and that I would prevail. I thought I had too many Margaritas at Margaritaville before going into that tent so I just shrugged it off. That year 3 people very young that were close to me died suddenly within months of each other. I did survive she was right. I don't think I'll go into that tent this summer. I really am a very normal person. That was just creepy.:confused3

LARRY BIRKHEAD IS THE FATHER! I REPEAT, LARRY BIRKHEAD IS THE FATHER!!! Ah, sorry ... it has been a very stressful several weeks, and I can finally rest easy and get a good night's sleep now that that has been determined. Phew.. it was touch and go there for a while. I was worried Zsa Zsa's hubby might be a long shot ....

LARRY BIRKHEAD IS THE FATHER! I REPEAT, LARRY BIRKHEAD IS THE FATHER!!! Ah, sorry ... it has been a very stressful several weeks, and I can finally rest easy and get a good night's sleep now that that has been determined. Phew.. it was touch and go there for a while. I was worried Zsa Zsa's hubby might be a long shot ....

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Good one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter