Something Borrowed, Blue, COLD & New - A Disney Wedding Extravaganza! Update: 11/15 (pg. 15)

I have been keeping an eye out for the continuation of your TR!
I saw you pop up a couple of times in the DISBrides group on FB and I remember thinking you looked so familiar and I realized it's because I have read your TR's on the DIS! hahaha
I am getting married next June so I have been pouring over all the information I can find on DFTW's :)

Looking forward to reading more!!

I also just realized - I'm pretty sure I've been following you on Instagram for over a year now!

Hello to everyone still following along on this long-forgotten trip report!
:wave:
Hopefully there are people out there still interested in hearing about this trip
Me! Me!

but... I had to laugh. I saw you had a new post. I clicked on it and... instead of going to the update, it went to the first post. I was confused... then saw the dates...
You confused the DIS boards!
(This was during the time when it was still a flat rate of $25 – I don’t think I’ll be taking one now that they charge by mile – it’s so much cheaper to just use a regular Lyft).
Wow. So that's what they did. I heard the rates were going up but I hadn't heard to what. Now I know. Lyft it is.
Did I mention – it was cold this day! This Canadian is pretty soft, and was bundled up…
I am ashamed of you. You are a discredit to all Canadians. Shame. Shame I say!
This ride consistently gets a “just ok” from me. I think I would have a much higher opinion of it if I’d never been to Disneyland, but it’s a very similar ride to Indiana Jones in California – and Indy easily wins in the comparison to Dinosaur!
I'd have to agree with that.
We then decided to was time to finally see Pandora for the first time! We walked in, and wow! What an amazing Land Imagineering has created, with the floating mountains and the waterfalls and all the plants. Just incredible.
Isn't is amazing? That first time... the jaw just drops, doesn't it?? :)
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_407652368405.jpg
OMG... a tuque?????????????

:faint:
… before we headed over to use our first Fastpass of the day – on Flight of Passage! I was so excited for this ride, and it did not disappoint! We were also very lucky to have a Fastpass – the wait time was listed at 240 minutes (4 hours!) for most of the day.
::yes:: It was crazy. (still is). I won't do it without a FP... but might (might!!) rope drop it just to see the queue.
we made our way over to Asia for my favourite Disney ride – Expedition Everest!
:)
I learned something about you.
:laughing: Love this. (Even with the tuque)
hopefully these pictures can help anyone currently planning their first Disney trip!
Obviously not my first trip, but... that was very thoughtful of you to do that, Fallon. :hug:

And thanks for all the pics! You got some good ones. :)

I'm so glad you picked up this TR again!!

I have no room to talk......I never even started my EPIC TR. Oops! :)

Can't wait to read more!! Hope all is well with you and Luke, and SOOOOO excited our paths will cross again in April!! (PS Jimmy asked me if you were my Canadian friends who gave us the Winnipeg pen (nope, that was @pkondz) and when I said you had given him all the hockey cards, he was like, "Maybe this time they can bring me a Canadian flag." :)

Sorry I took so long to get back to this report! I'm really trying to write more - but thank you so much for sticking around!

Feel free to add me on Facebook! I'm not super active in the main Disbride group, but I'm in pretty much all of the sub-groups, and I'm flying across the country next weekend to attend the wedding of a girl I met through that Facebook group!

Are you a Wishes Bride? Or an Escape? Or Memories? Tell me all the details! DFTW does such an amazing job, they made my wedding planning effortless!

Yay, yes I will def send you a friend request on FB! :) (My name is Veronica Villarreal on FB).

I am an Escape bride! We are doing Escape - our wedding date is June 1st, 2020! We are doing our ceremony at Canada Terrace w/ a lunch reception afterwards at The Edison. I actually wanted Homecomin but my fiance REALLY wants The Edison. And it's like...the only thing he asked for so I was fine with that hahaha Neither of us have been but it gets generally positive reviews & visually it's stunning! I can't wait to get some pics there!

The whole planning process has been pretty painless so far! DFTW really has weddings down to a science :)

Can't wait to read more!! Hope all is well with you and Luke, and SOOOOO excited our paths will cross again in April!! (PS Jimmy asked me if you were my Canadian friends who gave us the Winnipeg pen (nope, that was @pkondz) and when I said you had given him all the hockey cards, he was like, "Maybe this time they can bring me a Canadian flag." :)
So we'll get a pen that says "Edmonton", a Canadian flag we can autograph if you'd like and a high five from Jonathan Toews' mom (if there's time).

Hopefully there are people out there still interested in hearing about this trip

I am! Me! I'm back now! :wave:

Cool! I always think when I'm at the Grand about who arranges the flowers :)

We arrived at Animal Kingdom Lodge, and headed downstairs to check in for breakfast at Boma – one of Luke’s favourites!

Luke and I have this in common!

Did I mention – it was cold this day!

Oh my gosh it was soo cold then.

Looks like you weren't the only one bundled up that day.

:laughing:

Hello to everyone still following along on this long-forgotten trip report! I can't believe I haven't posted anything new about this trip since November 2018 :scared1: - I promise I haven't forgotten about you all! Hopefully there are people out there still interested in hearing about this trip, because I finally have the next part ready to go - and it has lots of pictures!
I'm here! :wave:
(This was during the time when it was still a flat rate of $25 – I don’t think I’ll be taking one now that they charge by mile – it’s so much cheaper to just use a regular Lyft).
Yup, we never took one and right when I was considering they changed the pricing structure. I'm too cheap to pay so much more when it's really no advantage to use lol
This ride consistently gets a “just ok” from me. I think I would have a much higher opinion of it if I’d never been to Disneyland, but it’s a very similar ride to Indiana Jones in California – and Indy easily wins in the comparison to Dinosaur!
Agreed! Zack loves it though, even though everytime his ride photo has a WT... F face :rotfl:

Trying hard to get all caught up after my mega-trip. But I"ve loved reading and getting all immersed in your wedding trip. That trip to Walmart was INSANE!! LOL!!! I don't think I'd have ever stayed at the Grand either if I hadn't been comped a room stay there during the EPIC trip. Too uppity really for me too and not my style at all. But at least I can say, like you, I've done it.

:wave:

Me! Me!

but... I had to laugh. I saw you had a new post. I clicked on it and... instead of going to the update, it went to the first post. I was confused... then saw the dates...
You confused the DIS boards!

So glad you're still following along! Despite me being the absolute worst at updating :confused3

Wow. So that's what they did. I heard the rates were going up but I hadn't heard to what. Now I know. Lyft it is.

Yeah, I find the Minnie Vans waaaayyyy too expensive these days. A normal Lyft is so much cheaper!

I am ashamed of you. You are a discredit to all Canadians. Shame. Shame I say!

I watch a lot of Letterkenny - I'm definitely 10-ply when it comes to the cold weather haha

I'd have to agree with that.

That's because you're smart :)

Isn't is amazing? That first time... the jaw just drops, doesn't it?? :)

You're so right! That first view - incredible!

OMG... a tuque?????????????

:faint:

Haha, so I actually had that tuque packed as a Christmas present for my Dad - but I pulled it out and unwrapped it so I could wear it. I still gave it to my Dad and thanked him for letting me wear it for a few days hahaha

::yes:: It was crazy. (still is). I won't do it without a FP... but might (might!!) rope drop it just to see the queue.

I've now been on FOP so many times - and still haven't waited in the standby queue!

:)
I learned something about you.

I love, love, love Expedition Everest so much!

:laughing: Love this. (Even with the tuque)

:upsidedow

Obviously not my first trip, but... that was very thoughtful of you to do that, Fallon. :hug:

And thanks for all the pics! You got some good ones. :)

Thank you! :hug:

Attachments

• 1573786039298.png
    1573786039298.png
    585.5 KB · Views: 0
Yay! You're back! I need to get caught up on your trip...I think I left off when you were at GKTW. :scared:

Thanks for still following along! I'll finish this report eventually haha!

I'm so happy you're still following along!

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful trip report from your upcoming Christmas trip!

Sorry we won't be seeing each other in April - but I want to send you a care package at some point (perhaps with a Canadian flag for Jimmy haha). I also still have that Minions skirt - life has just been pretty crazy lately (as you know haha).

So glad you're still following along! Despite me being the absolute worst at updating :confused3
Still here! :)
I watch a lot of Letterkenny - I'm definitely 10-ply when it comes to the cold weather haha
:laughing:
That's a new one for me. :)
That's because you're smart :)
Even a stopped clock is right three times a day.

Wait... wat?
Haha, so I actually had that tuque packed as a Christmas present for my Dad - but I pulled it out and unwrapped it so I could wear it. I still gave it to my Dad and thanked him for letting me wear it for a few days hahaha
:lmao:

Sorry we won't be seeing each other in April - but I want to send you a care package at some point (perhaps with a Canadian flag for Jimmy haha). I also still have that Minions skirt - life has just been pretty crazy lately (as you know haha).
With good reason!!!!! I couldn't be happier to NOT see you LOL

He LOVES to receive mail, so that would be amazing! I'll message you our address on FB messenger, so you have it whenever.

He is hilarious about the flag thing. He makes Rob and I stand (and makes Rob remove his hat!) whenever he is playing with his hockey figures, so we can do the national anthems for the teams who are playing. That's what he wants the flag for. I told him we could buy one, but apparently that wouldn't be authentic enough for him :rotfl2:

I am! Me! I'm back now! :wave:

Thanks for still following along - even though I have completely failed at keeping up with your trip reports :sad2:

Cool! I always think when I'm at the Grand about who arranges the flowers :)

It was actually neat to see them out refreshing the flowers!

Luke and I have this in common!

If I remember correctly - you went there for your wedding reception, correct? Great choice!

Oh my gosh it was soo cold then.

It was so miserably cold!

Looks like you weren't the only one bundled up that day.

Normally on a cold day you can easily spot the Canadians - but even we were miserable that day!

I'm here! :wave:

Thanks for still following along! One day I will get fully caught up on your trip reports! One day!

Yup, we never took one and right when I was considering they changed the pricing structure. I'm too cheap to pay so much more when it's really no advantage to use lol

Yeah, I'm typically too cheap - especially with the pricing structure these days. A Minnie Van is sometimes 4-5 times more expensive than a normal Lyft! :oops: I'd much rather have that extra money for more snacks in the park!

Agreed! Zack loves it though, even though everytime his ride photo has a WT... F face :rotfl:

:rotfl:

I just found your wedding trip report! Looking forward to hearing more.

Thanks for following along!

Trying hard to get all caught up after my mega-trip. But I"ve loved reading and getting all immersed in your wedding trip. That trip to Walmart was INSANE!! LOL!!! I don't think I'd have ever stayed at the Grand either if I hadn't been comped a room stay there during the EPIC trip. Too uppity really for me too and not my style at all. But at least I can say, like you, I've done it.

Haha, we love our Walmart trips whenever we go to the States - there's just so many goodies we can't get up here!

Yeah, I don't see myself ever paying rack rate to stay at the Grand, but it was nice for the night (especially since it was free!). You guys had so much pixie dust on the Epic trip being upgraded! And, you can now knock it off your bucket list :)

With good reason!!!!! I couldn't be happier to NOT see you LOL

He LOVES to receive mail, so that would be amazing! I'll message you our address on FB messenger, so you have it whenever.

He is hilarious about the flag thing. He makes Rob and I stand (and makes Rob remove his hat!) whenever he is playing with his hockey figures, so we can do the national anthems for the teams who are playing. That's what he wants the flag for. I told him we could buy one, but apparently that wouldn't be authentic enough for him :rotfl2:

Ok, that is the cutest story ever! Does he actually make you guys sing the national anthems or does he sing them all by himself?

We will get him an authentic Canada flag hahaha - I just need a week where I don't work 55+ hours so I can actually have time to get to a store! I've been really exhausted lately and have nothing left after work, but I can feel my energy levels slowly coming back!

Ok, that is the cutest story ever! Does he actually make you guys sing the national anthems or does he sing them all by himself?
Sometimes he has us pull it up on YouTube, other times we actually sing it. I need to work on the Canadian anthem though because I always forget parts of it!

We will get him an authentic Canada flag hahaha - I just need a week where I don't work 55+ hours so I can actually have time to get to a store! I've been really exhausted lately and have nothing left after work, but I can feel my energy levels slowly coming back!
I promise it'll get better!!! Take it easy and take good care of yourself :lovestruc

Thanks for still following along - even though I have completely failed at keeping up with your trip reports :sad2:

No worries, life happens! I've been failing at even writing my own trip reports lol

If I remember correctly - you went there for your wedding reception, correct? Great choice!

Yes, we did! Good memory. It was a great choice, indeed!

Normally on a cold day you can easily spot the Canadians - but even we were miserable that day!

:lmao: No kidding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter