Something Weird With a Best Guest Room Winner

Renpener

I'm Penny, The Cheese and "Dude.all" King!<br><fon
As you can see in the Best Rooms Page, MarkZx (one of my good friends) got best guest room.

There is just 1 weird thing going on:
marksh9.jpg

If you notice, he was last on 2 months ago.

Most people wouldn't notice this, but GrapeWillow pointed it out to me.
Staff vistited this room 2 and a half months ago, but yet it's winning an award now.
I'm very happy for my friend, but I'm a little confused of how staff can make a room win from 2 months ago. And how can they give an award to someone that staff probably know wasn't online for a while?

Please post your comments here.

Maybe they were running out of ideas for winners. I should open my room with the one Blizzard Beach rock in it and win!

Woot MarkZx! I helped him with that room!!!

What happened to him? I don't want to delete him from my list, but he hasn't been on for more than a month.

Anyway, back on topic...I've heard that when they see rooms they like, they keep it filed. And sometimes there are weeks when they just don't find any rooms that are truly outstanding and so they go back to these rooms that were great, but just had some stiffer competition the week they saw it.

oh, well i think everything will get better after the slide competition. the scary thing is, that means they can still see all our rooms no matter what!!! i hope they see my mods room, though as poor as it is, i think the moderators would start laughing over how pitiful it is!!

coolcoolcoolcoolcool.jpg

thebest.jpg

:rotfl2:

That bites...:(

Since I gave him most of his trivia info...can I accept his award on his behalf? :confused3 :teeth:

Renpener said:
As you can see in the Best Rooms Page, MarkZx (one of my good friends) got best guest room.

There is just 1 weird thing going on:
marksh9.jpg

If you notice, he was last on 2 months ago.

Most people wouldn't notice this, but GrapeWillow pointed it out to me.
Staff vistited this room 2 and a half months ago, but yet it's winning an award now.
I'm very happy for my friend, but I'm a little confused of how staff can make a room win from 2 months ago. And how can they give an award to someone that staff probably know wasn't online for a while?

Please post your comments here.

Maybe Sparky called in sick that day, and the rest of the staff simply drew from a hat? :confused3

I do know, however, that I have not seen another room judge since I built Splash, and that was Babs who awarded us, and that was last November.

I maybe play VMK now about 2-3 days a week, and for an hour (if that) on any of those days. Why? Because the painful reality has slapped me in the face that YES, this is nothing more than a children's advertisement/game. The weekly room winners are often less than impressive, furnished to a minimum, and often have Sparky in the capture, or no staff at all.

I applaud these apparent.. standards.. that VMK has set for rewarding it's adolescent fan base, but in turn, many of us are just tired of being sold out, especially after a staff visit... and more times than not, those rooms get seen enough to be recreated bt others.. and rewarded.

To deal.. I simply find more rewarding things to occupy my time, rather than going bonkers... like FPS online games! Delta Force: Blackhawk Down is the bomb people! lol..

I know what you're thinking, "Dude don't you have enough awards?" No. There are many things I've done in the past in this game to "entertain" people and give them a crack at sweet items, things that have ultimately drawn staff into the room(s) and still recieve no recognition from them. But hey, who knows, maybe I'll see one of those visited rooms on the main page months from now, just let me know if it happens because at this rate.. I can see a HUGE give away event in my virtual future. :thumbsup2

Tampa said:
Maybe Sparky called in sick that day, and the rest of the staff simply drew from a hat? :confused3

Sparky was not a judge at that time. It was Either LoLo or Mocha that would visit rooms. And even to today, LoLo or Mocha will come into rooms, and if they like them, somehow a host will find out (I dont want to say Mocha or LoLo tell hosts because that may not be true), and they will come to your room.

Renpener said:
And even to today, LoLo or Mocha will come into rooms, and if they like them, somehow a host will find out (I dont want to say Mocha or LoLo tell hosts because that may not be true), and they will come to your room.

Show me a main page screen shot of such officials present in a winning guest room, and I'll totally agree. ;)

Lately I've seen Eagle going around the rooms, and friends who have won in the past few weeks have said he's the only staff who has visited them. So IMO, I think the room judges are made aware by other staff of rooms that could be considered...or in some cases, visited by the non-staff character of the room judge (as some pictures don't have any staff in them). I think it's a reasonable thing, so that people aren't constantly begging a certain staff member to visit their room..or have people jumping to conclusions that since they've been visited by THE judge, they've won...etc.

LittleDragonErin said:
or have people jumping to conclusions that since they've been visited by THE judge, they've won...etc.

Awesome theory, I respect that! But still, if a room can go 3-red-mickeys, even stay at top 3 of the list, chat logs of countless gamers saying on their own discretion, "This room is awesome" or "This room should win" can be read, and again, draw staff into the room, shouldn't it win as it's serving it's purpose successfully by means of generating a population within the game as well?

Apparently not, if you have a lanyard full of awards already. So it's cool, they don't want to award new ideas from old winners, those winners will find something else to do. :thumbsup2

Tampa said:
Show me a main page screen shot of such officials present in a winning guest room, and I'll totally agree. ;)

sure :)

Mocha visited that day. Sparky came in the next day. I don't have a picture of Sparky, but I do know 5 people that were there to be witnesses.

Renpener said:
sure :)

Mocha visited that day. Sparky came in the next day. I don't have a picture of Sparky, but I do know 5 people that were there to be witnesses.

egg-on-face.gif

But still, a point of mine now has proof, thank you. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter