Sometimes you just need to run away to your happy place ~ A March break solo trip! Complete 06/29!

Joining in for your trip report! I've never done a solo trip, only been to the parks alone. Sounds like an adventure! Also, we've never staying off site before. I'll be interested to see how you like it and compare it to onsite stays.:flower1:
:welcome:, thanks for joining in! Solo park time is a good step towards a possible solo trip! I enjoyed the hotel for a short trip but I am definitely an onsite girl. :)

You know it's a busy day when you wait 25 minutes for the People Mover!

As a four time March Break veteran, I thought I'd be prepared for the reality of March Break crowds. I was wrong......so wrong! Three late August trips with their low crowd levels had weakened me and I wasn't sure what to expect. I headed to towards my essential first ride in the Magic Kingdom and saw a line up.....not only a line but a line that snaked around and doubled back. A line that took 25 minutes to conquer! But soon all was right with the world and I was settled in for a ride through Tomorrowland!

Insert obligatory People Mover photo here...........
IMG_3835.JPG
My next must do was the Festival of Fantasy parade. I hadn't seen a Magic Kingdom parade since I forced (
strongly encouraged) the boys to see one on our first trip back in 2009. I was particularly looking forward to seeing Maleficent and she did not disappoint. It was hot though....so hot that I took shelter under my umbrella as I was desperate for shade and hadn't packed a sun hat. Even with the crowds and heat, FoF was a great experience.
IMG_3840.JPG
Next up was a meet with some favourite friends.....I was hoping for Eyeore as he is DH's spirit animal but was happy with Tigger along with my beloved Pooh.
IMG_3855.JPG
It was time for my first fastpass and boy, was I thankful to have FPs today! Soon I was soaring over London and enjoying every minute of my trip through Neverland. I had hoped for a chance to ride IASW standby but the wait was 45 minutes!!!!:sad2: So I moved on towards Fronteirland and happened across the Country Bears hoedown show. This was so cute!! It was getting closer to my ADR time for Skippers so I thought I'd see if I could check in a bit early. Soon I was settled in a nice 2 top in the main room and had this beauty in hand.
IMG_3843.JPG
Mmmmm, a lovely Belgian Moon shandy that went down very well!
I wanted something cold for dinner and decided upon the Shakiri noodle salad from the app menu and added cold grilled chicken to it, This was fabulous! There were lots of crispy veggies, the chicken was juicy and the dressing had a great little kick to it. A perfect choice!
IMG_3844.JPG
I had been very interested in the pineapple coconut bar and decided to try it out for dessert. It was yummy but comically small for $8.00. I was really regretting not having gone to Aloha Isle for a Dole Whip instead.
IMG_3847.JPG
After paying my bill, I headed up for a long overdue visit to the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse. This is a fabulous Hidden Mickey hunting spot as well and I checked a few off from my list. Soon it was time to take a cruise through the jungle with a very punny skipper! Nightitme cruises really are the best! :)

I decided to stake out a spot for HEA and managed to fight my way through the crowds to a small section of railing. The person beside me had their bags spread everywhere but I smiled sweetly at her and asked if she would mind gathering them up so I could squeeze in. The crowds were crazy but the show was spectacular. Of course I cried.... both at "let go of the pain of the past, you don't have to feel it anymore" and "you'll have your hero's welcome, right where you belong". It just gets me everytime!!
IMG_3848.JPG
I had one more FP burning a hole in my pocket and managed to fight through the crowds back to Frontierland for the wildest ride in the wilderness. Is it just me or is BTMR just so much better in the dark?? Mission accomplished, it was time for a castle pic and the crazy slog out of the park.
IMG_3854 (1).JPG
It had been a wonderful day but now I was exhausted and only wanted to go to bed. Upon exiting the park, the monorail and ferry lines were super long so I opted to walk over to the Contemporary and catch a Disney Springs bus from there. I would have gone for an Uber or Lyft but there was a $10 surcharge at park close. Luckily I only waited 10 minutes for a DS bus and was soon strolling along Hotel Plaza Blvd. I was grateful to crawl into a cozy bed and rest. I had plans for the morning that I did not want to miss!

Last edited:
What a lovely MK day! I kept missing the People Mover on my trip because they lines were always long when I was in Tomorrowland. Bad luck on timing, I guess.

Sounds like you had a great day at the MK. I love the People Mover. It’s a nice rest stop.

HI Liesa!! Happy to have you here, my friend!:goodvibes

:hug:

not only a line but a line that snaked around and doubled back. A line that took 25 minutes to conquer!

:scared1:

img_3855-jpg.391565

Awww, so super cute!

I had hoped for a chance to ride IASW standby but the wait was 45 minutes!!!!:sad2:

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

It was yummy but comically small for $8.00.

I wonder how rude it'd be to take a look and say, "No thanks, I've changed my mind. That's really not worth $8.00 to me." ?

This is a fabulous Hidden Mickey hunting spot as well and I checked a few off from my list.

It is!!!

The person beside me had their bags spread everywhere but I smiled sweetly at her and asked if she would mind gathering them up so I could squeeze in.

Did she harumph and roll her eyes like she owned the park?

Is it just me or is BTMR just so much better in the dark??

Not just you.

I would have gone for an Uber or Lyft but there was a $10 surcharge at park close.

Ouch. Good move to walk. :)

What a lovely MK day! I kept missing the People Mover on my trip because they lines were always long when I was in Tomorrowland. Bad luck on timing, I guess.
Thank you! It was such a fun day! People Mover is my must do, absolute favourite so I waited, even though I typically don't wait more than 20 minutes for anything.

Sounds like you had a great day at the MK. I love the People Mover. It’s a nice rest stop.
It was such a lovely day, thank you! I love the People Mover too! :)

What a GREAT first day at MK! I LOVE your dress. I may have ordered 2 more this morning...:rolleyes1
It was an awesome day, thanks Jenny! The swing dresses are so comfy.......like you are wearing a nighty but are appropriate for public viewing, lol!

Following along.....nothing better than being solo.....those of us "in the know......just go". You know what I mean, right? :wave2:
Love, love, love solo trips! Nothing better than getting to do exactly what you want to do in your happiest place! :)

Did she harumph and roll her eyes like she owned the park?
She did not BUT she videoed HEA as it was on and then WATCHED her video instead of the show, during my favourite part!!!!! I showed great restraint and did not strangle her and throw her body into the hub.:rotfl2:

Following along!

How did you like staying at the B hotel? We thought about doing that once, but I wasn't sure how far of a walk it would be from Disney Springs.

I think we may have missed the waves of Spring Break crowds during our trip. Overall our wait times werent too bad but I had been watching the days before going and noticed just how crazy the wait times were!

After hitting the parks last month with my 4 year old, 7 month old and grandparents in tow, i would absolutely LOVE to go back solo. In fact, I am seriously considering it!!

Hello from a fellow K teacher! I've never been solo, yet (growth mindset!!). Sounds like your trip is off to a fabulous start!

We were there Tuesday and Thursday of last week and the crowds were BANANAS! We previously traveled in early June, and thought we may have seen what 'high tide' was. Nothing could prepare us for what we saw last week. Don't think we'll be doing March again. :D

We had the same experience with our beloved PM, the line was just crazy, it snaked around so many times we opted for CoP at that time.

You were brave to stay for HEA, the crowds at that time can be busy even in August.

A Peter Pan disbound maybe? With your pretty green dress.

Following along!

How did you like staying at the B hotel? We thought about doing that once, but I wasn't sure how far of a walk it would be from Disney Springs.
:welcome:, thanks for joining in! The hotel was fine, I had a poolside room which was clean, comfortable and spacious. I really missed being in the bubble though. It was only about a 10 minute walk to Disney Springs along a nice sidewalk.

Sounds like a great evening! And I agree- BTMRR is so much more fun in the dark!!
It was such a fun night! :)

I think we may have missed the waves of Spring Break crowds during our trip. Overall our wait times werent too bad but I had been watching the days before going and noticed just how crazy the wait times were!
It felt like the whole state of Texas was there my week as well as tons of Canadians. It was so busy!

After hitting the parks last month with my 4 year old, 7 month old and grandparents in tow, i would absolutely LOVE to go back solo. In fact, I am seriously considering it!!
After a busy trip like that, you absolutely NEED a solo trip!

Sounds like a great day at MK!! Love the People Mover!

It's not just you. I love riding BTMR in the dark
It was a perfect MK day. Ending it with BTMR in the dark as my last ride was just perfect!

Hello from a fellow K teacher! I've never been solo, yet (growth mindset!!). Sounds like your trip is off to a fabulous start!
:welcome:, hope you are surviving the craziness of the kindergarten year! I am sure a solo trip would be a perfect respite for you. Self care for educators is important, right????

We were there Tuesday and Thursday of last week and the crowds were BANANAS! We previously traveled in early June, and thought we may have seen what 'high tide' was. Nothing could prepare us for what we saw last week. Don't think we'll be doing March again. :D
:welcome:, thanks for joining in! There certainly is nothing like March Break craziness....except maybe Christmas:crowded: :eek:!

I just love your green dress, it's so cute!
:welcome:, thank you! It is one of the swing dresses from Old Navy and is so comfy!

We had the same experience with our beloved PM, the line was just crazy, it snaked around so many times we opted for CoP at that time.

You were brave to stay for HEA, the crowds at that time can be busy even in August.

A Peter Pan disbound maybe? With your pretty green dress.
:wave2: Caroline!!! Glad you are here! The crowds were super busy....I think there was one where there was a full theatre for CoP....that never happens in August! I am obsessed with HEA.....saw it three nights out of four!:goodvibes Not an intentional Disbound this night but I certainly could use it for one. It was more that I layered that dress with leggings, a scarf and sweater for travelling, then unpeeled layers once I landed in Florida, lol!

Insert obligatory People Mover photo here...........
img_3835-jpg.391558
I'm still disappointed that I didn't think to take a picture like this on my August trip. Oh well, hopefully I'll have another trip report someday...

Mmmmm, a lovely Belgian Moon shandy that went down very well!
Interesting you mention this. I'm not a beer drinker, but I do like the Belgian style white beers. I had never had Belgian Moon but I was out to dinner just last week and somebody had one. I thought I might like it.

I had been very interested in the pineapple coconut bar and decided to try it out for dessert. It was yummy but comically small for $8.00.
Those fancy desserts are often tiny. I guess you pay for presentation as much as taste. I think I may have been just as happy with a Dole Whip too.

I had one more FP burning a hole in my pocket and managed to fight through the crowds back to Frontierland for the wildest ride in the wilderness. Is it just me or is BTMR just so much better in the dark??
BTMRR is good anytime, but yes, I especially enjoy it in the dark. I like the purple lighting and steam at the end, it reminds me of Haunted Mansion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter