Son back from Iraq, trying to plan surprise, help appreciated!!!

SeansMom

DIS Veteran
Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Our oldest son just returned to Ft. Hood Texas from over a year serving in Iraq. We had already planned a trip to Disneyland months ago for our youngest son's birthday. Our oldest son wants to meet us there April 3rd (his leave starts April 2nd) and SURPRISE our youngest son.

Any suggestions on:

A good place for our oldest son to "ambush" our youngest?

Has anyone ever had Disney folk help engineer this? We thought it would be great to also have a character, but know that is asking A LOT!

Also...our oldest wants his own hotel and will be paying his own way. Does anybody know of a less expensive hotel he could stay in (We're paying $120/night at the Sheraton, which is a little out of his budget.) What about military discounts?

Any other suggestions???? I'm just so excited and happy to have my son back in one piece I can hardly think :hyper: !!!

Thanks for all your help, in advance.

Michelle

I don't have any answers to your questions Michelle, but I wanted to congratulate you on your son's coming home soon. That's such wonderful news! Have fun planning your surprise!

-Sally ::MinnieMo

I understand you can get some good rates at HoJo (howard johnston). I would contact someone at DL about getting character help. You may have to wait till you get there to arange it (I think it's much easier to get someone to help in person than on the phone but maybe not).

I just had a thought if you're planning on going to Goofy's Kitchen, or storytellers Chip and Dale breakfast, you might be able to arrange for the characters to hide your oldest DS.

How old is the youngest? you could have oldest standing inside at the top of chil and dales tree house (or donald's boat, though I think the tree house would be better) then have youngest climb up the tree house to see him.

Another possibility might be to have go through mickeys house and go to mickey's movie barn. There are some places oldest could be standing. You could also see if oldest could go through the line and if they'll let him wait with mickey in one of the rooms for your turn. All of these ideas will take some planning though

One idea I had was at Snow White's wishing well. It's very close to the castle so he could be hiding behind one of the walls. Then you and your son can make a wish into the well that your oldest could be there with you, and voila he appears!

The Sheraton Anaheim offerers military rate of $89 if he buys the voucher through his ITT office (or the Army's Ticket office) We are at Pendleton which is about 40 minute drive to Anaheim and we have an ITT office that sells these discounts for local hotels. There is several others that are available such as Holiday Inn and Suites for $62, Raddison Maingate $68, and STovall's Best Western for $68 also. He can buy them at whatever base he is at for the CA area. They make the reservation for him when he goes into pay for it.

Have a great time!
Lori

Thanks for all you help! I think the wishing well is a great idea and we're slowly getting it pulled together (lots of secret phone calls so the little guy doesn't catch on!)

You guys are great!

Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter