son with sudden severe hearing loss..

disneyobessed

DIS Veteran
My 8 year old son has has cerebral pasly and has always had mild hearing sensorinuero hearingloss.. well 2 weeks ago he went for his routine hearing test and it showed a signifigant change/loss in his hearing.. they sent him to an ear/nose and throat and he found nothing.. no fluid.. so they retested him and it was the same.. and then the the abr. which is a brain wave test.. and it was the same.. here is where it gets strange.. he hasnt shown any signs of hearing loss. he speaks impaired due to his cerebral palsy but his congnativly ok.. Even the audiologist that has tested him his entire life was lost for words on what is going on.. and the fact he can hear us when we speak to us.. just doesnt make sense.. we asked him questions with his head turned so he couldnt read lips and he answered them.. he has always had a hard time hearing high pitched noises like a bird chirping.. and even the phone ringing.. but according to his hearing test it he shouldnt be able to respond to us.. Wednesday (9/24) he is going in for a catscan on the temporal bones.. im sick to my stomach over this mainly b/c nobody has a clue what is going on... keep my son in your thoughts and prayers...

Keeping him in our prayers... I hate the rollercoaster, I hope they find everything is just ok and the other day was a fluke... Hugs to you...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter