Sonic - how do you order?

disneychrista

DIS Veteran
I know it might sound odd but last time we went to Disneyland the kids & I wanted to try Sonic, since we don't have one in our area. But once there I had NO CLUE how do order. I push the button, a couple times and sat there for about 5 minutes. No one asked to take our order, so we ended up leaving. What did I do wrong? I thought this might be a good cheapish dinner for us on our next trip, going with my BFF, her daughter on a super budget trip.

I know it might sound odd but last time we went to Disneyland the kids & I wanted to try Sonic, since we don't have one in our area. But once there I had NO CLUE how do order. I push the button, a couple times and sat there for about 5 minutes. No one asked to take our order, so we ended up leaving. What did I do wrong? I thought this might be a good cheapish dinner for us on our next trip, going with my BFF, her daughter on a super budget trip.

They just opened a Sonic in our area earlier this year (we've only previously visited one on our driving trips down South). Just pushing the button has always worked for us. Not a huge fan of fast food, but their shakes aren't bad and 1/2 price drinks and slushes in the afternoon are a pretty good deal!

When you push the button do you say anything? Or is kinda like a buzzer? I felt really stupid that I didn't know how to do it. So if we do decide to do it, I don't want to waste time trying to figure it out.

Usually within a few seconds after pushing the button the person on the other end is asking us for our order. Maybe you had a busted intercom or something?

We have 2 Sonics anfd the stupid buzzer does nothing half the time so I just go thorugh the drive up...and try not to hit the kids on roller skates delivering the food to those whose buzzers work :)

You didn't do anything wrong. Sometimes the intercoms just don't work. It shouldn't take 5 minutes for them to say *something*. They usually at least say they'll be right with you. Next time, switch to another window if nothing happens.

Thank you! I am pretty good at figuring things out. And figured there wasn't more to it...but sometimes you never know.

Omg they just opened a sonic near my house. It’s the first one for MILES!! And I pretty excited, those burgers and drinks looks super duper yummy!! and thanks to the op-now i know how to order when i go!!!:wizard:

They just opened a Sonic in our area earlier this year (we've only previously visited one on our driving trips down South). Just pushing the button has always worked for us. Not a huge fan of fast food, but their shakes aren't bad and 1/2 price drinks and slushes in the afternoon are a pretty good deal!

When we used to live in MO, I used to take the kiddos there twice a week during summer for slushies. I remember liking the cherry with lime one a lot!

Love Happy Hour! Also, I highly recommend their ice cream!

MMMM slushies = Yummy goodness in a cup. My new favorite is the Cranberry flavor..

Just a tip - TaterTots aren't automatically given with meals. Eventhough the picture of the meal shows them, french fries are the default and you need to request TaterTots with your meal. I found out the hard way on my first visit to Sonic :headache:

mmmmmmmmmmmmm Sonic......... :) We just push the button and it works. I would guess you had a broken button. :( Just switch to another order board next time and maybe let them know you had to move. We love Sonic, it's so good. :) Always get tots instead of fries, the tots are so good!! We always get extra BBQ sauce & Ranch to dip our tots in. :)

We have sonic all over here, you generally just push the button, sometimes you might get a slow employee or a busted intercom. Ive occasionally walked to the next intercom ordered and informed them that the one I was parked at had a problem. I dont really like sonics food but the drinks are pretty tasty

mmmmmmmmmmmmm Sonic......... :) We just push the button and it works. I would guess you had a broken button. :( Just switch to another order board next time and maybe let them know you had to move. We love Sonic, it's so good. :) Always get tots instead of fries, the tots are so good!! We always get extra BBQ sauce & Ranch to dip our tots in. :)

Oh no...I'm all about the honey mustard!

We have sonic all over here, you generally just push the button, sometimes you might get a slow employee or a busted intercom. Ive occasionally walked to the next intercom ordered and informed them that the one I was parked at had a problem. I dont really like sonics food but the drinks are pretty tasty

I agree - the food is, well fast food!! Some of those drinks are quite tasty though.

Going slightly off topic....I am so jealous of Americans! In Australia we only have McDonalds, KFC, Hungry Jacks and Red Rooster (our selection is half of what yours is in these restaurants as well). I think it is strange you have wedges at KFC, we only get chips :confused3

Going slightly off topic....I am so jealous of Americans! In Australia we only have McDonalds, KFC, Hungry Jacks and Red Rooster (our selection is half of what yours is in these restaurants as well). I think it is strange you have wedges at KFC, we only get chips :confused3

What are Hungry Jacks and Red Rooster? You are correct, we have an insane amount of fast food choices! I wish we got chips instead of wedges at KFC! We used to, and I miss them!

Hungry Jack and Red Rooster? Are those Australian? I'm not familiar with those. :)

I wish KFC did chips too, I don't really like the wedges.....I usually get a biscuit instead of the wedges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter