Sort of Duggar Spinoff

It’s funny, I’m one of six kids but never really considered my family large. Quite a few of my parents’ friends (who were mostly Irish or Italian Catholic families) had at least 5, one had 8, one 9. There was one family in the neighborhood that had 12. And one that stood out because they had 8 girls before finally having a boy as their ninth child. They went on to have a second boy, and then one more girl, for a total of 11. The mom was the sweetest woman, but always looked tired. :goodvibes

My grandmother was one of 15, 13 of whom survived to adulthood. Her oldest sister had children her age. Only the youngest brother is still living. He has outlived a LOT of his nieces and nephews.

My maternal grandmother was the oldest of 14. She and her mom were having babies at the same time for a while. My mom was the youngest of seven, and I believe one of her siblings had nine. My sister and I are making up for it, as neither of us had any.

My BIL and his wife have 9 children. They homeschool and basically live off the grid. When my two kids were in Catholic school, one of the teachers there and his wife had 9 children. She also worked at the school and their kids went to a mixture of private and public schooling but, I believe, the number of kids was due to a strong belief in God's will of how many children you would have.

My friend’s husband is one of 17. Not a blended family. I don’t think there are any multiples, either. If everyone wants to get together for Christmas, they have to rent a hall. His mother is still alive and she has many grandchildren and great-grandchildren. It‘s a massive group.

My mom is the youngest of 11, 9 of whom I knew growing up. The oldest died in his 20's, and there was a baby in there that didn't survive infancy. No one knows where she is buried - rumour is they buried her in the back yard!

I grew up knowing a family with 12 children, no multiple births, all girls! The dad drove a station wagon with the license plate : GIRLS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter