Sounds Dangerous to be Replaced....

Thank goodness!

And anyone who loved the earsets, head on out to Conservation Station or Rafiki's planet watch or whatever it's called these days. I always thought it was much nicer to listen to the sounds of the rainforest than Drew clomping around looking for something.

I'm totally weird, but I don't think I have been in the actual SHOW for like 10 years, but I LOVE the after show area, and I have been in there a ton......I love the black room stuff and the Roger Rabbit dubbing thing haha

The new show's supposedly named "You, Me and ABC". It sounds like the "show" will suck, but the name is cool retro (so circa 1980).

I thought the ABC Theater was where they used to have the Lucy/Gilligan's Island thing that was changed to Doug, and is currently vacant. Drew is in the theater next door. Am I wrong?

Chuck S. - I was actually wondering the same thing. I think (and hope) that there was just an error in the newspaper article. That would mean two attractions right next to each other would be shut down for a period of time. To me, "Sounds Dangerous" doesn't seem like a costly show to run...maybe I'm wrong.

RyMickey

Chuck and RyMickey... I was also thinking the same thing. Seems a shame to take out an attraction when there's a stage next to it sitting idle.

I actually enjoy Drew... I still get chills during the Barber Shop scene... I think the sound effects in the dark (if you have an imagination) are very realistic -- wouldn't be any fun if you could actually "see" the jar of bees.

Sounds Dangerous is housed in the ABC SOUND Theater, not the ABC TV Theater. Just another goof by the slant-inell. Also, there seems to be an odd predisposition on this board that just about everything new is "going to suck"... If one were to do some research, I think it would be interesting to note how many times that sentiment has come up and how many times it has been wrong. Also, the "chicken-littles", as I like to call them (the sky is falling, the sky is falling!) almost never come back and say, "Oh. looks like I was wrong..." Instead, they find another new project that they (once again) have not seen personally yet to deem as something that "will suck".

Gee, my first post on this board in weeks and I'm already at full force... BTW, I'll be back to work this week. Check the attractions board post "Spooky Stephen returns to the Haunted Mansion" for more details.

Spooky Stephen,

If you are referring to the negative people who only complain about everything Disney does, and there are some of these on the board, I think you are correct.

If you are referring to the Car#3 riders who want Walt's standards enforced, then I think you are off a bit. Witness the debates we have had about different resorts that have been built, or the overall construction of the TDS as opposed to DCA. Compare discussions between Kali and Grizzly or Soaring and the new Dinoland additions.

Also, there seems to be an odd predisposition on this board that just about everything new is "going to suck"...

I might be taking this quote wrong, but you seem to be including all of Car 3 in it. And that does not seem quite fair, considering the lavish praise most back seat riders of Baron's Brigade have given to the best of recent Disney, including Tokyo Disney Seas.

More appropriate is this question, will they replace Drew with something better? If not, why bother?

Or, wouldn't you rather have DAK with the level of theming it has now but the number of attractions that TDS has at its opening?

Originally posted by Safari Steve
Sounds Dangerous is housed in the ABC SOUND Theater, not the ABC TV Theater. Just another goof by the slant-inell.

Are those buildings connected?

Cool down larry, you really took that (1) way too personally and (2) out of context. I did not say that that attitude is incorrect all of the time, as there have been small things that have bothered me, but (speaking as a recovered chicken little) I can see many, many things that everyone has predicted would be utter failures, and then when they turn out successful it's as if nothing happened. I happen to believe that individuals are a bit to complex to classify entirely by one characteristic. Indeed some "Car 3" "riders" may be chicken littles, but I think that each and every one of us can exhibit the symptoms of being one. In any event (here comes my #2 mantra) some of us are taking ourselves a bit too seriously, and we all need to remember that the boards are supposed to be fun. This isn't NATO.

Now, as for Europa's question, yes the two theaters are connected in the TV/Radio complex, but they are on opposite ends of the complex with a gift shop and a large walkway between them, not to mention the considerably larger audience capacity in the TV theater and the considerably smaller stage space in the sound theater. The reporter may have gotten his wires crossed (ie SD may indeed close when the new show opens, but not because they are in the same space.) Remember that SD is the third attraction to be presented in the Sound theater, and an overhaul of the entire ABC complex may be happening in two phases.

Dang, Steve, I was really *trying* to be nice in my reply. :) :) Hope it did not come out wrong. That is why I started by saying that I agree with you on one point...when you read comments over and over by a poster on a board somewhere, and that poster has *nothing* but negativity to say, you get the feeling that you can skim their posts from them on...cause they are a bit biased.

Sometimes I get the feeling that some people see the Car 3'ers that way...when in reality, we are just 'homers' for Walt's philosophy and want to see that philosophy maintained.

Anyway, love the insight you bring to the board. I've personally gone from an Eisner supporter on the Fool boards from a couple of years ago, to seeing the damage to the company and to the parks that an all-out assault on standards in the pursuit of the holy grail of ultimate profits can make.

Personally, in accordance with the above philosophy, I will not lament the passing of Drew Carey's attraction, even though I am a fan of his shows. I will wait to see what is put in there first.

I cant say i will miss SD but the last thing i want to see is a 25 minute PR show for ABC TV!!!! The ratings the show's get indicate that not many people are watching but now we will have the same lineup forced on us at the theme parks.

When is this suppose to happen??

And I agree with Safari Steve, a lot of people seem to be inclined to think change is bad and all new things will suck.

Originally posted by WDW2002
And I agree with Safari Steve, a lot of people seem to be inclined to think change is bad and all new things will suck.

I would imagine that this attitude has developed among many Disney fans because of things like Journey into Your Imagination, Food Rocks, empty 20k lagoon, closed Timekeeper and Carousel of Progress, etc. And over at Disneyland there's the horrible New Tomorrowland.

I used to always look forward to all new attractions at Disney, but after the past six years or so, I've learned to be very wary whenever they say they are going to close something down to replace it with something new!

It might very well be that the article is wrong. But I was thinking if they are going to start having TV stars appear on stage that the shows might be pretty big and they were planning on using both areas. The way you describe it though it would take some major work.

Hey I love new stuff. As long as its not another spinner. The new 3-d show for Mickey in MK sounds like it's going to be great. I don't mind it replacing The Lion King show in MK, as there is a much better show for it in AK. Stuff like that every guest loves. I really liked the new "One Mans Dream" attraction, kind of touching really. People really like Millionare. I think the point we get mad is when it clear that they don't even try with attractions. IE more spinners, scaled down version of Pooh, Buzzlight year or changing a ride that everybody loved (Journey). Then when you compare what they do at WDW to stuff they can do at the The Disney Sea you really get mad. They have forgotten what got them to this point, new attractioins, new hotels, new parks, great guest services, great perks for their visitors. They did this up until the Mid 90's and they seemed to get distracted with the Internet, ABC, and old cartoons. I keeping my fingers crossed that someone will bring back those ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter