Sounds Dangerous to be Replaced....

I am sorry but it sounds like a big promo for ABC. What ABC "stars" are in Orlando on a constant bases? And why wold they do a "theme Park show"?

Those that complain that the Parks have to carry the "monkey" of ABC on their back may have proof positive if this comes to fruition as described.

Quote:
"I would imagine that this attitude has
developed among many Disney fans
because of things like Journey into Your
Imagination, Food Rocks, empty 20k
lagoon, closed Timekeeper and Carousel of
Progress, etc. And over at Disneyland
there's the horrible New Tomorrowland."

...And in spite of Alien Encounter, Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror, Illuminations 2k, Fantasmic, HISTA, Blast/Lord of the Dance/Shockwave @ Epcot, DAK (especially Bug, Kilamonjaro, FOLK, and the nature trails), Downtown Disney West Side, Pleasure Island, DisneyQuest, DAK Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Magic of Disney Animation, and things at Disneyland like Indiana Jones Adventure, Soarin' over California, Haunted Mansion Holiday, Eureka Parade, etc?

Disney has had many hits along with its misses. It just seems lately that they are not really trying. One look at Dinorama can wipe out much positive in your mind, not because it shouldn't exist, but because AK really really needs more.

For example, DCA is getting both the TTT and the little Flicks Fair area. That's the kind of thing that should be happening at AK.

Then again, I just watched a tape of the new new JIYI. I cannot wait. It "feels" just like a quality Disney Style attraction.

A few more of those and I may hop back to car #2. It's not like I don't want to be there!

Originally posted by DisOrBust
I am sorry but it sounds like a big promo for ABC. What ABC "stars" are in Orlando on a constant bases? And why wold they do a "theme Park show"?

Those that complain that the Parks have to carry the "monkey" of ABC on their back may have proof positive if this comes to fruition as described.

Hey you could be right..the article does say "ABC Actors" so it is possible that we could end up with stunt dubbles. I for one would love to see the stunt dubble for Ryan Styles...LOL!. Sorry could not help it.

Originally posted by Safari Steve
Quote:

...And in spite of Alien Encounter, Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror, Illuminations 2k, Fantasmic, HISTA, Blast/Lord of the Dance/Shockwave @ Epcot, DAK (especially Bug, Kilamonjaro, FOLK, and the nature trails), Downtown Disney West Side, Pleasure Island, DisneyQuest, DAK Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Magic of Disney Animation, and things at Disneyland like Indiana Jones Adventure, Soarin' over California, Haunted Mansion Holiday, Eureka Parade, etc?

Don't forget ToN!

Quote:
"

I'm certainly not one to give Disney any credit :), but although lots of people don't like Food Rocks, it seems like they were trying to do something different and cute for kids. One does have to remember that they actually did this project when they were actually spending good money on attractions, so I personally can't lump Food Rocks into the state of affairs today at the parks. Whether or not it is good, that's one for you to judge.

I think a little change of outdated material is good. We liked Sounds Dangerous b/c we are Drew Carey fans. However, there are many folks who probably walk on by.

I do not want to see all the "old time" rides be done away with, I think updating them a little is ok. Its a small world is wonderful and I always enjoy it but todays public is so accumstomed to new interactive effects that this attraction could use a little spruce up.

While it seems improbable that any ABC "Stars" will be in a show, there may be some small bit actors who may be willing to do this show. Or it could be ABC trying to boost ratings by taping a few live shows in a theater.

Anyone know when this opening? I heard there was going to be a soft opening June 29th and opening the next day. I am going down on the 29th and hope to see this during my vacation. Any idea whn it is going to open? And one more thing did I understand you right that their are going to be ABC stars there doing the shows?

While I thought SD was pretty cool, change is good people, change is good. You experience it and then after a while it's time to move on.

That's one of the beautiful things about WDW.

Just don't take away it's a small world yet, it's my kids favorite, at least for another 2 to 3 years.

Have a great week
RayJay

Let me point out that the OrSen article said "a live, 25-minute show that will include appearances by ABC actors"

It conspicuously does NOT say "Live appearances by ABC actors".

I am very interested in seeing just how people react to this attraction.

Good point Riccola, I was going to say the same thing. Remember that Superstar TV featured Tim Allen, Johnny Carson, Lucy, and several other stars... just not live. They all appeared thanks to "The magic of Television!"

ABC TV show sounds similar to the Playhouse Disney show, which is quite popular. But ABC did not do well last year, so it makes it an easy target. People like easy targets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter