SouthAlabama5er's Pre Trip & Trip Report 2/14 - 2/21

I don't want to be talked into going back and looking for something bigger now that I upgraded trucks.

Come on Tiggerdad, new truck=new camper, :woohoo:

As far as that stuff about Mississippi, I'm keeping out of that considering I only live 6 miles from the state line plus I have some family in Mississippi.

Well the camper and truck are hooked up and loaded up ready to roll, I'm about to get a shower and hit the sack and try to sleep, alarm set for midnight so we can roll out around 1. I'll try to do a update from the road,

Last edited:
Impressive pic. I assume the similarity with Hades is no coincidence?

Funny how each state has another state that is lesser. And then all the accompanying jokes and ribbing. Missouri and Arkansas, Tennessee and Kentucky, Nearly everybody and W Virginia, Apparently Alabama and Mississippi. But when you're 50th out of 50 (Mississippi), who do you get to make fun of?... That anybody would actually believe?

j

I live in South MS and my brother and his wife arrived at the Fort today. That camper is so nice.

NoM, that's why I always keep a container of cleaner wipes close by when I'm reading the DisBoards.

Teamubr, we don't worry about it, we take pride in it. We had actually been stripped of our heavy weight title (literally) for being the most obese state. West Virginia beat us from 2010-2012. But we rallied behind our fried foods and Waffle Houses and took back our title this year. That ought to teach you Mountaineers to mess with professionals...

We do make fun of people from Montana for being so skinny though (least obese state)

Randy, you can give me a call in the middle of the night if you need somebody to help keep you awake. Always willing to help out a fellow camper.

Randy, you can give me a call in the middle of the night if you need somebody to help keep you awake. Always willing to help out a fellow camper.

Thanks Michael, I will if I get tired, but my friend Bobby, will be behind me and of course being from "South" Alabama we have CB's in our trucks so I'm sure we'll be rambling on them.( I say "South" because Idk if Bama Ed has a CB in his Suburban, idk how they operate North of I10?) :lmao:

we rallied behind our fried foods and Waffle Houses and took back our title this year. That ought to teach you Mountaineers to mess with professionals...

Randy, you can give me a call in the middle of the night if you need somebody to help keep you awake.
That's nice that everyone really chipped in a few pounds for the cause. I'm sure everybody was proud. :woohoo:

I have a couple of friends that were residents at my hospital and moved to U of Miss Med Center in Jackson. I asked how they liked it in the south. They said it was really nice, once they got used to not having electricity and running water. :rotfl2: Actually Liz is from MS originally and they are closer to family. And I have several colleagues at both U MS and UAB. Both great programs.

I thought Randy said he'd be sleeping the whole way?

j

P.S. Hey Ed, you look up Chionophobia yet?

Nope. Don't have any clue what it means. Guessin' maybe something to do with squirrels? :confused3

5er, I do have a question, though. I like the sign that shows the mileage to the parks but I can't figure out why the Magic Kingdom shows 12 miles less than EPCOT. Having just pounded the pavement and run between the two last month, I can tell you they are all of 5 miles apart.

Have a safe drive tomorrow. That's a lot of fuel but it should get you there and back. Mind telling what kind of mileage you get when you're towing that long, long trailer? And no, I don't have or use a CB. I'm more in favor of "I'll see you when we get there".

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Good morning everyone, we are just east of Tallahassee. Ed I've averaged 11.1 so far been driving 70 - 75. All these little rolling hills kill fuel mileage..

20150214_065202_zpsgyw32p8o.jpg

Well made it the Fort at 11AM, checked in, CM told us to head the over flow, it was full, went to the over flow over flow, it was full so we went to the over flow over flow over flow across the road. After that we met a older couple from West Virginia. Their motor home and car hauler was bottomed out in the ditch. I unhooked my camper and pulled him out, he dropped his car hauler, I hooked up to it and pulled it up on to the pavement. So been here an hour and already been on a adventure.
20150214_120804_zpso4oyr8vc.jpg

We will be in loop 600, don't know what site yet. So we are waiting for now, down wind of the circle d. We have to met Kenny at 1 to pick up the carts.

Over flow, over flow, over flow......oh no!

What a way to start spreading some pixie dust right off the bat (helping someone in their time of need in all). I'm sure that pixie dust will come back around to you and your family this trip!

Have fun.

Glad you made it in safe brother. Always a good thing to help out a fellow camper in need, way to go man. Your site looks good, even with that oversized camper you look like you got plenty of room left over. Cute looking kid there by the way.

Nice job. Site looks good. 600 certainly has a wider pad than the 100 loop.

Great way to spread the pixie dust before you even got to your site. I'll be the guy with the MH and car were grateful. That is such a crappy feeling when you get stuck. My old 2WD truck got stuck on wet grass.

Have a great time and thanks for the pics.

j

Looks good, go enjoy your time in the parks. Glad you had a safe trip down and way to go helping out a fellow camper.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter