• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Southern California and Disneyland Adventure

just an update, I did get my refund over the weekend in full.

Thanks for the info. We requested a refund on Friday, and I’ve been curious how long it would actually take them to process it.

Update: it took exactly one week

Last edited:
For those of you who have had your trip cancelled, how far in advance was it communicated?

This is a guess based on pure speculation. I can see it going two ways.
Possibility 1: ABD groups will spend more time at Walt Disney Studios/Archives
Possibility 2: ABD groups will spend the same amount of time at Walt Disney Studios/Archives and then go Disneyland Resort. In Possibility 2, the group arrives in Disneyland Resort and may get to spend more time in the park. If they want everyone to enter the park together, maybe people have more time to hang out in the hotel or explore Downtown Disney.
so... by 2023 the Imagineer piece will not longer be in the itinerary... right? I'm planning for next year because I hope for some 100th anniversary special activity...

Oh no. We’re booked and PIF for an April 2022 ABD DL Escape, and even booked a pre and post stay. I hope they don’t cancel April. If they do, what do you suggest I can do with my pre and post reservations? Would I be able to get a refund on those too?

Oh no. We’re booked and PIF for an April 2022 ABD DL Escape, and even booked a pre and post stay. I hope they don’t cancel April. If they do, what do you suggest I can do with my pre and post reservations? Would I be able to get a refund on those too?

Did you make your pre and post day arrangements through ABD or independently?

Through my travel agent. But the ABD vacationist is aware of the plans, in fact they asked for my reservation numbers for pre and post stay (we’ll be staying in GCH)
GCH typically has a rooms-only 5-day in advance cancellation policy for stays booked direct to get a refund, but check your booking or with your travel agent to confirm your terms. If you booked packages that include tickets, terms might be different.

I had my March escape cancelled and also had pre plans to stay at the DL hotel. I was able to move the DL hotel to a different date via my travel agent.

We're booked for an April one as well. I've been watching their website each day as I anticipate it will probably be cancelled. Today all of the dates changed to "Now Accepting Waitlist - Please Call for Details". That's what happened before they cancelled the previous months. It could be that they've sold out, but 3 of the 4 tours still had availability yesterday, so I suspect we'll hear something in the next couple of days.

We're booked for an April one as well. I've been watching their website each day as I anticipate it will probably be cancelled. Today all of the dates changed to "Now Accepting Waitlist - Please Call for Details". That's what happened before they cancelled the previous months. It could be that they've sold out, but 3 of the 4 tours still had availability yesterday, so I suspect we'll hear something in the next couple of days.
I saw the same thing today and thought exactly what you said-this is what happened when they canceled in the past. Another cancellation is coming. My paid in full date is today-not sure why they won’t cancel before these dates if they know it’s coming.

Coming back here after a few months, I'm still booked on the Jul 15 trip, which is sold out but dates before that are still available to book. My final payment was pushed to 65 days out, so I'm waiting to pay it off or book flights until the last moment.

I saw the same thing today and thought exactly what you said-this is what happened when they canceled in the past. Another cancellation is coming. My paid in full date is today-not sure why they won’t cancel before these dates if they know it’s coming.
We booked early on, so our PIF was awhile back. We had to pay by 90 days out. Luckily the payment date for our cruise we were taking after was moved to 60 days before because if this gets cancelled, we're cancelling the cruise as well. Just sucks that we had to pay in full before they cancelled, as we'll be out the exchange fees on all that money now.

Well, let’s keep our fingers crossed…I mean if CA can host the super bowl at full capacity, surely we should be allowed to tour a couple of buildings. Lol!!

Waiting to hear when these ABDs will start going this year. My PIF date is mid-July, so hopefully we'll know what it will include by then. Crossing fingers that the parts we loved will still be included. Crossing fingers for everyone booked in 2022 that hasn't been cancelled yet.

Thank you for this information. I see the "waitlist" notice for the April dates on the ABD site, and as of today no other dates are even listed as available at all.
I of course am hopeful, but I guess preparing myself for a cancellation. We booked a pre and post stay through our travel agent, and if the ABD part is cancelled, we'll have a gap of no hotel. I don't want to change flights and things so I guess we'll have to figure all that out. Still hopeful though!

Thank you for this information. I see the "waitlist" notice for the April dates on the ABD site, and as of today no other dates are even listed as available at all.
I of course am hopeful, but I guess preparing myself for a cancellation. We booked a pre and post stay through our travel agent, and if the ABD part is cancelled, we'll have a gap of no hotel. I don't want to change flights and things so I guess we'll have to figure all that out. Still hopeful though!
The "good" part is, if you don't or can't get rooms at the Grand Californian, there are a LOT of Good Neighbor hotels surrounding the Disneyland Resort that are easy walking distance to the front gates of Disneyland and California Adventure. They aren't luxury hotels, but most of them are nice and relatively reasonably priced.

Sayhello

I’ve been following this board for a bit as we’re booked on a late April trip - and like many of you, figuring out what we’ll do if/when this gets cancelled.

Considering still going to DL and possibly doing a VIP tour for one day (depending on price). Long shot, but has anyone asked if there could be a credit towards this if the ABD trip is cancelled?

I’ve been following this board for a bit as we’re booked on a late April trip - and like many of you, figuring out what we’ll do if/when this gets cancelled.

Considering still going to DL and possibly doing a VIP tour for one day (depending on price). Long shot, but has anyone asked if there could be a credit towards this if the ABD trip is cancelled?
They are different divisions of Disney, so I think it's unlikely, but it certainly couldn't hurt to ask. But if they cancel, they will offer you a full refund, so you can just use the refunded money to book the Disneland trip and VIP tours yourself. I'm not sure what benefit a credit would do you.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter