Southern California and Disneyland Adventure

Hopefully this helps:

Regarding the early April escape trips, for those needing day 1 park tickets supposedly the guides will be available beginning at 9am in the hotel lobby. Also they have not released the itinerary yet because it has yet to be finalized, so look for it the day you check in.

Safe travels all.

Here is the email I received from my travel agent:

--------------------------------

Hi Folks,

I’m writing to talk about our July Backstage Magic Adventure.

ABD has been been changing BSM trips traveling through May.

They are modifying the schedule and I wanted you to hear it from me.

I am told that Muppets Studio and Disney Studio are as usual.

I am told that Imagineering will change.

As most Imagineers are still working remotely and they are understaffed (many are already relocating to Florida) groups will not be entering Imagineering.

Groups will stop at the campus and shop at Mickey’s of Glendale. In addition an Imagineer will spend the first day at Disneyland with each group.

Adventures by Disney has also added the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences Museum to the Backstage Magic tour. I'm told this is a more in depth visit than an average paying guest will get.

I need to restate that ABD is saying these changes only apply to BSM trips through May. Later trips may follow the same schedule, or things may change yet again. I will not know until closer to travel.

This is all the info that I have at this time. Please let me know how I can assist.

------------------------------

It seems like the Studios and Muppets portions will be the same as they were before. The Academy museum is most likely replacing the Archives, and we'll hopefully leave the Studios early to get more time at the park for the Imagineer Tour. I don't have a specific updated schedule yet, just these changes. Hopefully if enough people bring it up they will at least walk us through the Imagineering building.

It feels like if they are blaming part of this on the move of Imagineering to Florida writing is on the wall for that portion...?

It feels like if they are blaming part of this on the move of Imagineering to Florida writing is on the wall for that portion...?

It's time was limited as soon as they made the announcement. They'll probably end up moving everything to Florida, like all the props and models.

We’re getting excited now about our April 10 adventure! Some housekeeping though. My travel agent said Disney was supposed to email us info about our park passes? I wanted to link them on our app. Did anyone get theirs already? (at least the code to link to app).
Also I emailed our vacationista to confirm transportation. Waiting to hear back.
Also should we bring and wear our lanyards?
This is our first ABD so all new to us. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

We’re getting excited now about our April 10 adventure! Some housekeeping though. My travel agent said Disney was supposed to email us info about our park passes? I wanted to link them on our app. Did anyone get theirs already? (at least the code to link to app).
Also I emailed our vacationista to confirm transportation. Waiting to hear back.
Also should we bring and wear our lanyards?
This is our first ABD so all new to us. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
We were told park passes for the escape trip would be available from the tour guides starting at 9am in the lobby.

I'm a DVC member as well but I've never been able to actually snag a room at Grand California since it's not my home resort and the points per night are so high. Glad to hear it's as nice as it looks!
I'm also a DVC member with the Grand California as my home resort. I have stayed in a 3-br villa years ago for a family reunion trip, but had to plan it the max 11 months out to get the room. It is so hard to get a room at this resort unless you book it 11 months out. We have not been back in a villa since. I cannot seem to plan a trip that far out to reserve one. :(

I'm also a DVC member with the Grand California as my home resort. I have stayed in a 3-br villa years ago for a family reunion trip, but had to plan it the max 11 months out to get the room. It is so hard to get a room at this resort unless you book it 11 months out. We have not been back in a villa since. I cannot seem to plan a trip that far out to reserve one. :(

I got lucky and snagged a studio for 2 days post-trip. Can't wait to try it out.

So what’s everyone wearing? Both weatherwise and for places we’re going to. I’m not from the West Coast, and this is my first ABD and for all intents and purposes my first Disneyland trip as well.

Temperature in Anaheim this weeks looks like it ranges from 50s-90sF! Does that mean cool mornings and evenings (like Florida?) and i should wear jeans/pants/sweatshirt? and are t-shirt and shorts and sneakers everywhere ok? (museums, tam oshanters, etc).

Thanks!! cant wait!

on previous trip, we were not told there was any specific dress code. Shorts and t-shirts should be fine.

Everyone has various tolerances to cold weather, so it's hard to say, but including a sweatshirt or pullover couldn't hurt. Since most of the time you are moving (except while watching any shows), I find I don't need it, even in 50 degree weather.

For those who have been on ABD’s before or who know, what information does the Anvil site ask for? We are travelling the day before our adventure and want to get it done before we leave but they’ll only accept it that day. so i want to get all the information ready. vaccination cards? thanks!

I spoke with AbD today. They won’t know anything about the tour for another month or so once all have actually run, which isn’t particularly helpful as we go this weekend. I pointed out that there was a tour ongoing so the itinerary for day 1 (imagineering walking tour) and day 2 (studio tour and archive) has already been set so it should be possible to find out what that is, but apparently not.

I haven’t told DS yet because it will break his heart. I wanted to be able to emphasize the positives but without additional information I don’t know what to tell him.

Any word on how the first Escape is going? I am particularly interested to know about the imagineer walk.
There is a report on a Facebook group I am in but they didn’t mention anything about the walk specifically. They did say the four day hopper starts in DL everyday with hopping to DCA after 1. None of the days start in DCA. They got one LL on the first day and 5 the second, but they got back at almost 8pm & they did not use any as they were too tired.

There is a report on a Facebook group I am in but they didn’t mention anything about the walk specifically. They did say the four day hopper starts in DL everyday with hopping to DCA after 1. None of the days start in DCA. They got one LL on the first day and 5 the second, but they got back at almost 8pm & they did not use any as they were too tired.
Thanks!

For those who have been on ABD’s before or who know, what information does the Anvil site ask for? We are travelling the day before our adventure and want to get it done before we leave but they’ll only accept it that day. so i want to get all the information ready. vaccination cards? thanks!
The email to submit proof of vax to Anvil came the day prior to adventure start date. I was also anxious as we too were traveling the day before, For us, it arrived approx 0300 am PT which is 0600 am ET. Here’s what I have in my notes from our AbD last June, when vax was not required and a negative PCR was an option -

The Anvil form required separate submissions for each traveler. It first goes through the Covid questionnaire, then we submit either the negative PCR test or a copy of the CDC vaccine card. Along with the Covid symptoms, it asks about attendance at any gathering with people outside your immediate household regardless of size within the past 14 days and any travel within the previous 14 days, excluding travel to departure destination. I got confirmation emails immediately saying our PCR results or vaccination info was being evaluated, & we’d get another email when the evaluation was completed. About 50 minutes later, I had the email confirmations that we were cleared to travel. The confirmation emails had a link to download a certificate to take with us. None of the Disney documentation mentioned needing this certificate, but I downloaded it anyway & took screen shots so I’d have them readily available on my phone if needed. No one has asked to see them, so it must be standard wording on the Anvil emails.

One person on our tour commented they received a call from Anvil asking for clarification about one of their responses. I thought that was good, to know Anvil’s cleared fo travel decision is not based solely on responses; they will get additional information to help make that decision when needed.

Any word on how the first Escape is going? I am particularly interested to know about the imagineer walk.
I am just back from two days in Disneyland parks plus a stay at Grand Cal, and never saw the AbD group! I saw several VIP groups at various times & the parks were not over crowded, so I figured I’d see the lanyards or someone at least once. It was extremely hot, so maybe they were all hiding in the cooler spots - smile!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter