Southern California and Disneyland Adventure

Anyone get the welcome package for the May trips yet? I know they used to go out 45 days in advance but with supply chain being what it is I'm expecting delays.

potential **SPOILERS** ahead. Thanks @theMoreDisneytheBetter for giving an update so far, I can add to it as well as we finished Day 3 of the April 10, 2022 socal and disneyland short escape. This won’t be a full on review (it’s great! let me know if you have specific questions) but to maybe answer some questions and speculation as there has been changes.
again **SPOILERS** ahead, although every adventure may be different in details.

day 1
-met guides at 8am at the lobby of Grand Cali (Dean and Lori are fantastic) to check in and get 4 day park hoppers.
-Note we got 5 special lightning lane passes each day. that’s any ride except ROR (any ride, whether they have an actual lightning lane or not) to go on anytime).
-on your own time basically all day
-welcome dinner at storyteller cafe
-tour of Galaxy’s Edge by Imagineer Kirstin Makela (the Art Director of Galaxy’s Edge!).
-rode smuggler’s run

day 2
-boxed breakfast at gch craftman’s bar/grill
-took nice TCS bus for rest of day: bus had a restroom, each seat had charging outlets
-stopped at “Urban Light” art exhibit for pics
-academy museum of motion picture on your own basically, no guided tour
-lunch at Fanny’s cafe at museum (on your own too with voucher)
-bus tour around Hollywood, guides told some stories, quickly pointed out sights.
-imagineering - NO IMAGINEERING TOUR as you know now. did not go inside any buildings except shop at Mickey’s of Glendale. did not ger imagineering lanyards
-walt disney studios — legends plaza, took pics
-shop at the studios store
-Walt disney archives - went inside, tour, saw (and got to hold) some items.
-tour of walt disney studios grounds, went inside the animation building
-drove past the (closed) merry go round / carousel gazebo at Griffith Park
-dinner at Tam Oshanters, sat in walt disney’s booth
-bus back to DL
-got back around 8pm, still had time to squeeze in on own time to use a couple lightning lane passes

Day 3
-early day, met at 6:40am
-went into Disneyland before opening to take pics on main st and castle
-nice tour and talk around castle
-last minute we could NOT go backstage at indiana jones, so we just rode it.
-talk at great moments w lincoln
-got to see Walt’s apartment!
-rode webslingers
-went backstage at radiator springs
-rode radiator springs
-lots of on your time as we finished around lunch, i think 12 or so. so again we each had fresh 5 new special any ride, anytime passes (except for rise of the resistance)
-farewell dinner ar lamplight lounge outside

Day 4
just starting it today. basically be on your own as others are leaving, we all still have day 4 of the park hopper and they tell us we have one lightning lane.

Those who were on this trip with my family and me please feel free to add any details or whatever I left out. And I’ll be happy to answer any questions or give more details or opinions. (in short I loved it).

thanks!

potential **SPOILERS** ahead. Thanks @theMoreDisneytheBetter for giving an update so far, I can add to it as well as we finished Day 3 of the April 10, 2022 socal and disneyland short escape. This won’t be a full on review (it’s great! let me know if you have specific questions) but to maybe answer some questions and speculation as there has been changes.
again **SPOILERS** ahead, although every adventure may be different in details.

day 1
-met guides at 8am at the lobby of Grand Cali (Dean and Lori are fantastic) to check in and get 4 day park hoppers.
-Note we got 5 special lightning lane passes each day. that’s any ride except ROR (any ride, whether they have an actual lightning lane or not) to go on anytime).
-on your own time basically all day
-welcome dinner at storyteller cafe
-tour of Galaxy’s Edge by Imagineer Kirstin Makela (the Art Director of Galaxy’s Edge!).
-rode smuggler’s run

day 2
-boxed breakfast at gch craftman’s bar/grill
-took nice TCS bus for rest of day: bus had a restroom, each seat had charging outlets
-stopped at “Urban Light” art exhibit for pics
-academy museum of motion picture on your own basically, no guided tour
-lunch at Fanny’s cafe at museum (on your own too with voucher)
-bus tour around Hollywood, guides told some stories, quickly pointed out sights.
-imagineering - NO IMAGINEERING TOUR as you know now. did not go inside any buildings except shop at Mickey’s of Glendale. did not ger imagineering lanyards
-walt disney studios — legends plaza, took pics
-shop at the studios store
-Walt disney archives - went inside, tour, saw (and got to hold) some items.
-tour of walt disney studios grounds, went inside the animation building
-drove past the (closed) merry go round / carousel gazebo at Griffith Park
-dinner at Tam Oshanters, sat in walt disney’s booth
-bus back to DL
-got back around 8pm, still had time to squeeze in on own time to use a couple lightning lane passes

Day 3
-early day, met at 6:40am
-went into Disneyland before opening to take pics on main st and castle
-nice tour and talk around castle
-last minute we could NOT go backstage at indiana jones, so we just rode it.
-talk at great moments w lincoln
-got to see Walt’s apartment!
-rode webslingers
-went backstage at radiator springs
-rode radiator springs
-lots of on your time as we finished around lunch, i think 12 or so. so again we each had fresh 5 new special any ride, anytime passes (except for rise of the resistance)
-farewell dinner ar lamplight lounge outside

Day 4
just starting it today. basically be on your own as others are leaving, we all still have day 4 of the park hopper and they tell us we have one lightning lane.

Those who were on this trip with my family and me please feel free to add any details or whatever I left out. And I’ll be happy to answer any questions or give more details or opinions. (in short I loved it).

thanks!
Thanks for all the details! SO glad you enjoyed it and had a good time!

So did you get to ride ROR at all?

Sayhello

No, we didn’t get a chance too. We’ve experienced the WDW versions several times though. I assume it’s the same, but I could be wrong.
If you can’t ride with the tour you will be given anytime passes to go back and repeat it. Same thing happened with Indy. But as WaDiWo says, if you are familiar with the Florida version it’s (pretty much) the same thing.

No, we didn’t get a chance too. We’ve experienced the WDW versions several times though. I assume it’s the same, but I could be wrong.

Related question - with your passes, are you able to load them into the app? I’d be happy to go in and purchase a Lightning Lane return for that ride one of the days to ensure my friend can go on it. I’ve done the WDW version but this would be her first time.

Thank you for all of the detailed info about your trip!!!

Related question - with your passes, are you able to load them into the app? I’d be happy to go in and purchase a Lightning Lane return for that ride one of the days to ensure my friend can go on it. I’ve done the WDW version but this would be her first time.

Thank you for all of the detailed info about your trip!!!
Yes, they gave us paper tickets the first day but we put them in our app right away. You almost have to, so you can see and access the “extras” they added (LL’s etc).

Are the 4-day tickets able to be extended for a 5th day? In the past these were not. Wondering if they have changed this.

Are the 4-day tickets able to be extended for a 5th day? In the past these were not. Wondering if they have changed this.
Not sure if this is possible but i didnt ask. We extended our vacation by a couple of days so i bought separate park hoppers to use after the tour was over.

Happy travel day for those going on this first longer Southern California trip leaving today!! I’m going on the next one leaving May 15th so I’m very excited for this one to go off - that means mine will happen too. :)

Happy travel day for those going on this first longer Southern California trip leaving today!! I’m going on the next one leaving May 15th so I’m very excited for this one to go off - that means mine will happen too. :)
I am currently in the airport waiting to board my flight to california. Trip already started bad with a 5 hour delay, but hoping it gets better. I’ll report back how this adventure goes.

This is the wording in the FAQ on the ABD website for the Southern CA Escape (bolding mine):

"You will receive a 4-Day Park Hopper Ticket. This ticket entitles Guests admittance to both Disneyland Resort theme parks over 4 days, including visits to both theme parks on the same day. This ticket will expire at the end of the day on your departure day and is not upgradable or transferable."

Sayhello

This ticket will expire at the end of the day on your departure day and is not upgradable or transferable."
Thanks Tobi. This has always frustrated me about this trip. I'm sure others would love to extend their stay by a day or so and being able to do that for only the add-on price rather than having to buy a full-price 1-day ticket is a significant $ difference.

Thanks Tobi. This has always frustrated me about this trip. I'm sure others would love to extend their stay by a day or so and being able to do that for only the add-on price rather than having to buy a full-price 1-day ticket is a significant $ difference.
Jeff, I can totally imagine it would be a world of difference. I have never understood why they don't allow that.

Sayhello

Aww I was hoping for the same… sucks since the price difference is large.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter