Southern California and Disneyland Adventure

For me, the only "extravaganzas"/parades I would want to see are (in order):

1) Paint The Night (yes, I know it's gone 😞)
2) Fantasmic
3) World of Color

I have very little interest in seeing the fireworks anymore, the fireworks in WDW are way more impressive, due to less limitations.

MSEP is nice, but not worth it if I miss one of the above.

I haven't seen "Magic Happens" parade, so I can't comment on it, especially because it hasn't been announced it will be back.

2) Fantasmic
3) World of Color

I have very little interest in seeing the fireworks anymore, the fireworks in WDW are way more impressive, due to less limitations.

I haven't seen "Magic Happens" parade, so I can't comment on it, especially because it hasn't been announced it will be back.
I was kind of impressed with DL’s fireworks actually. Maybe I don’t remember so clearly but I feel WDW focused more on the projections now…? Maybe it’s just cos I have not seen fireworks in a long time haha! I loved fantasmic and world of colour though!

@emilymad i think try getting lunch reservations for blue bayou and you should be able to get in. I used stakeout and mouse dining to look for reservations up, a few popped up I didn’t catch but I found one eventually.

the fireworks at DL WERE better before. I loved the shows at DL before Mix Magic.

Since they started doing Mickey's Mix Magic, which was more focused on projections, even the new fireworks show (Disneyland Forever) also has lots of projections, and is not very inspired. I would say it's all Chapek's fault, but I don't have any evidence of that 😀

Even the christmas fireworks did not seem as impressive as they used to be (at least in my opinion).

2) Fantasmic
3) World of Color

Something I found out recently, if you watch the early Fantasmic then you can just stay in your spot for the fireworks. They will put some of the castle projections on the water screens and the view is pretty good.

I am going on this tour in a few weeks and some of the information they sent says you have to have closed toe shoes at certain times. Is this correct? I usually just wear Teva sandals when at Disney.

Last edited:
I am going on this tour in a few weeks and some of the information they sent says you have to have closed toe shoes at certain times. Is this correct? I usually just wear Teva sandals when at Disney.
Yes, you need them for days 4 and 5.

For all day those days? Would Crocs count as closed toe or do they mean something more serious? Clearly I need to read the adventure guide better 😆
Haha I don't remember if the Adventure Guide actually mentions it. One person in our group didn't have one so our guide stopped and bought her Mickey crocs

You can change once the tours are done, which was around 11 am fo us each day.

Haha I don't remember if the Adventure Guide actually mentions it. One person in our group didn't have one so our guide stopped and bought her Mickey crocs

You can change once the tours are done, which was around 11 am fo us each day.

So I guess maybe Crocs are ok then. Haha.

the reason is that in some of the backstage areas that you are allowed into on the tour, closed toe shoes are required for safety reasons. The guides should remind you the night before, and in the morning. Otherwise, as stated above, you can wear whatever is normally allowed/required.

We arrive on a Saturday afternoon and the adventure begins Sunday evening.
1. Any suggestions for a convenient and interesting church for Catholic Mass?
2. Are things closed on Sundays in Hollywood or are we going to be able to walk around and grab lunch?
Thanks!

We arrive on a Saturday afternoon and the adventure begins Sunday evening.
1. Any suggestions for a convenient and interesting church for Catholic Mass?
2. Are things closed on Sundays in Hollywood or are we going to be able to walk around and grab lunch?
Thanks!
2. Everything will be open on Sunday. You'll have plenty of options for lunch.

So I was just browsing through the Disneyland Escape itinerary last night (going in April 2023) and noticed that the Imagineering tour that was originally listed as part of day 2 is no longer listed nor has it been replaced with anything else. I wish I knew why it was removed or if anything is going to make up for it since that was my number one reason for doing this trip. :(

So I was just browsing through the Disneyland Escape itinerary last night (going in April 2023) and noticed that the Imagineering tour that was originally listed as part of day 2 is no longer listed nor has it been replaced with anything else. I wish I knew why it was removed or if anything is going to make up for it since that was my number one reason for doing this trip. :(
Imagineering is supposedly moving to Florida, so there's uncertainty about what would be available to even see. Although I've heard rumors that the move is up in the air (at the very least, postponed). I'm sure it will be replaced with *something* if Imagineering isn't available; they just probably are not certain just what yet, so are leaving it open. The Southern California trip itineraries have always been a bit fluid.

Sayhello

The schedule for this whole day is odd. It only includes breakfast, the studio and archives tour, shopping, and dinner. The tour and shopping definitely don't take up a whole day, and they don't mention lunch (although I assume it will be the studio commissary). They might not want to commit to Imagineering in case things start moving to Florida, in which case they'll probably add something like Henson Studios.

I thought the move to Florida has been suspended until 2024-2026… so I booked this for 2023 because Imagineering is also the highlight to me…
ABD probably don't want to commit to anything at this point in regards to Imagineering. It sounds like it's a question only ABD could answer, but they are unlikely to do so!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter