Southern California Ticket Question re: ID

Banzai

<font color=red>Is now single and available!<br><f
Hi All,

East Coaster living in SoCal now. My partner and I are living in San Diego. I'm more transient, but on the lease with the paperwork. However, I am not changing my ID to be a CA ID. Am I still eligible for the SoCal weekday tickets, as I am documented living here?

I don't want to be shady about it, but I am also too lazy to get a new driver's license to have to get another new one this summer when I go back to Pennsylvania.

Hi All,

East Coaster living in SoCal now. My partner and I are living in San Diego. I'm more transient, but on the lease with the paperwork. However, I am not changing my ID to be a CA ID. Am I still eligible for the SoCal weekday tickets, as I am documented living here?

I don't want to be shady about it, but I am also too lazy to get a new driver's license to have to get another new one this summer when I go back to Pennsylvania.

By law in CA, you must get a driver's license within 10 days of moving here, regardless of how long you are staying. You better hope you aren't pulled over.

You will need to prove with 2 forms of proof that you are living in CA. You will need a government issued photo ID and 2 items that prove residency (lease, utility bill in your name).

By law in CA, you must get a driver's license within 10 days of moving here, regardless of how long you are staying. You better hope you aren't pulled over.

You will need to prove with 2 forms of proof that you are living in CA. You will need a government issued photo ID and 2 items that prove residency (lease, utility bill in your name).

I looked up the law when I came here. From what I read, because my primary is still in PA (owned home,) and I am not working here (just on vacation from Oct 1 - March 1) I don't need a new DL. It does seem I can get a California ID though without giving up my PA DL.

Hi All,

DD and I went in September with regular 3 day passes. On the last day we upgraded to Magic Key, hers Imagine for CA resident as she attends USC and mine are Enchant as I reside in Arizona. When we returned in December she made a point to bring her photo ID and 2 other documents as proof of residency. As we went through the turnstiles, her September picture popped up and no one asked for a single document. Go figure.

I looked up the law when I came here. From what I read, because my primary is still in PA (owned home,) and I am not working here (just on vacation from Oct 1 - March 1) I don't need a new DL. It does seem I can get a California ID though without giving up my PA DL.

Well, in this case you have NOT legally established CA residency so you are not eligible for the special ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter