• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Southwest Airlines Question

KathleenC

Earning My Ears
I hope someone can answer this question for a not very frequent flyer.

I want to book (as soon as the dates are open) a trip to WDW on Southwest. I am co-ordinating arrival times with my sister who lives in a different state and I want to make sure I get certain flights.

If I book the seats as soon as possible and a special deal becomes available, such as "A Friend Flies Free", will I be able to take advantage of it?

Southwest is unique in that that do not charge any fees for changing your flights. You only pay the difference in the fare. If you do not buy a refundable fare, any cancellation that you make is given back to as a credit. You could apply the credit right online. So if, for example you book your flight and then at a later date a special offer come out, you would need to cancel your existing reservation, then apply your credit to the new reservation.

Please check there website for more details.

Hope this helps.:)

Thanks!

So I can book my flight as soon as the dates are available and take advantage of deals later on. :)

Thanks again for the info.

FYI---we are booked on Southwest for our trip (in less than 2 weeks---yay!). FIrst, there was a price decrease and then the Friends Fly Free Promo came out, which was another savings for us.

Both times I called SWA, and, because we have E-Tickets, the price difference was credited back to our cc, rather than given as a credit!

I've never had that happen anywhere before!

With paper tickets, you get only a credit toward a future flight.

THANKU mle and poohlovr for this info!
I am nervous about our family group of 16 tickets for Dec.
SW's prices won't be out for Dec until June or later.
After reading this thread I decided to call SW group dept.
and to my surprise the Rep. said I can reserve the tickets
now at $200 pp, pay 10 % down, then balance is due 45
days before flight. IF they lower prices or offer friends fly
free promo I will be allowed to call for discount and our
CC will be credited or I may cancel for full refund!!
I am amazed, as my experience has been when price
changes it's like pulling teeth to get the credit and usually
in the form of a voucher for future use! Has anyone else
had this good experience w/SW?? Sounds great...why wait?!

Thanks for the further information.

Now, can you explain e-tickets vs. paper tickets to me?

Thanks!

>>Both times I called SWA, and, because we have E-Tickets, the price difference was credited back to our cc, rather than given as a credit! << Quoted from Poohlovr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter