Southwest Airlines

Vero Beach Bum

Earning My Ears
In case anyone was waiting to reserve airfare for the Easter Holiday, Southwest Airlines updated their website today.

What can you tell me about Southwest Airlines?

We are considering driving to Buffalo NY and flying
Southwest since the cost is half of what we would
pay out of Toronto with Air Canada.

What types of planes do they use? Can you
prebook your seats?

Any info helpful. Thanks.

I love Southwest and always use them to fly from RDU to Orlando.

There are no pre-assigned seats. However, if you are travelling with children 5 and under you get to pre-board first, along with anyone who needs special assistance.

We have never had a delated flight (knock on wood) and they are a very casual airlines and like to sing at the end of the flight, which is always humourous.

I hate to fly and I always feel comfortable flying on their planes.

hope that helps, Marley

Booked my Easter flights to MCO from DTW online yesterday and got a round trip for under $300 on SWA! A much better deal than anything NWA is currently offering...($400 and UP).

Just an aside...I have flown SWA quite a few times and if the flight is full of families, there have been times that the gate attendant has said that since the whole flight was almost made up of families, they would NOT be pre-boarding.

For the money, I will travel SWA anytime. Way we see it here, is no matter where you sit, you are all going to get to where you are going at the same time! While families with small children need to be together, it didn't bother me to sit apart from the DH for a leg of a flight !

;)

pin
remember the magic
DVC/BCVs 2002

My travel motto is "If Southwest doesn't go there, neither do I".
It works because I like Florida. :)
They use real jets! ;) Excellent safety record too!
I have never had a bad flight experience with SWA.

Another SW lover...rarely late, always accomodating, awesome staff, comfortable flights, great rewards program (4 on-line booked trips gets you one free r/t voucher with few blackout dates), good safety record, stable company with few cancelled flights (other than weather-related) and you almost always find great deals. The lack of pre-assigned seating is barely a nuisance. Get there early to get a chance at best seating. Also, if you're taking long trips, take snacks...you'll get all the peanuts you wish, but certainly not enough to make a meal. I've actually packed a lunch with me before on a long flight...way better than airport food!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter