Southwest Airlines

I know it is a very old thread, but no way would I fly Southwest transcontinental. They are very uncomfortable planes. I fly SWA for short haul stuff on the West Coast, LAX to SFO, SNA to LAS, etc. If I need to go further east than PHX I fly a company with bigger planes.

I know it is a very old thread, but no way would I fly Southwest transcontinental. They are very uncomfortable planes. I fly SWA for short haul stuff on the West Coast, LAX to SFO, SNA to LAS, etc. If I need to go further east than PHX I fly a company with bigger planes.

The seats are about the same size as any other airline. You're not going to get a more comfortable seat unless you pay for business or first. A bigger plane just means more seats.

Its also worth noting the seats are much more comfortable on Southwest than the other US legacy carriers. If you can get a non stop, I would choose Southwest.

What? You must not have flown recently, especially on one of Southwest's planes (737-700) with more seats jammed in, extremely uncomfortable slimline seats and recline reduced from 3 inches to 2 inches.

What? You must not have flown recently, especially on one of Southwest's planes (737-700) with more seats jammed in, extremely uncomfortable slimline seats and recline reduced from 3 inches to 2 inches.
Flown 8 segments in last 17 days. I guess I just prefer the seat material at SWA to the other carriers. Seat recline is nonexistent on all carriers in coach. The difference between 2 and 3 inches is negligible to me, but the seat is way more comfortable for me.

The seats are about the same size as any other airline. You're not going to get a more comfortable seat unless you pay for business or first. A bigger plane just means more seats.

It is more than seat width, it is also the headroom in a plane and the spaciousness of the cabin plus room between seats and pitch. I won't fly a 737 transcon.

We love Southwest. They have more flights, and it's easier to switch flights if needed. We usually purchase the "Early Bird Check-in" when we travel with our children, because it allows us to enjoy our vacation completely and not worry to check-in 24 hours before. It's automatic. It costs $12.50 each way. However, one needs to add it when the tickets are purchased.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter