Southwest Newbie Here

ooookay. :confused3

I guess I lost the part where you were discussing spirit, up until now it's been a discussion about SW.
She said in the original post that she is switching to Southwest because Spirit is now more expensive. I expressed surprise at that and she explained why they cost more.

We fly SW out of Philly all the time.

Most things have been explained really well.

We usually do curbside checkin, but I have noticed EXTREMELY long lines outside whenever we have had an early morning flight. Any other time curbside has been great and what we usually use.

... So we can park in the E garage so we can find our car easier when we get back. It looks like it is $20 a day WOW that is sure going to add up quick. :eek:

You might want to look into an airport van service. For our August trip, it's only $6 more than the outside (cheaper) parking lot, and is door to door.

We've used SW before, and while boarding IS pretty smooth, it sometimes drives DH nuts - he starts muttering about 'cattle cars' :rotfl2:

With the new early bird i'm not sure how this will affect the boarding - we've printed online at 20-24 hours prior, and almost always got A group. Even with B we've only once been separated. The only thing I find annoying is all the pre-boarders - but they've cut back on that, and last time only let one parent go with the small kids, not the entire extended family :)

All in all, SW is a good deal, especially with the price of bags. We try to pack as tight a carry-on as possible, and we have done a week at WDW with only 2 carry-ons, a very overstuffed briefcase, and a small duffelbag.

Booked our flights for our up coming cruise. So when do we check in to get good seats?

Fri Nov 16 Depart philadelphia 07:00 AM

Arrive ORLANDO 09:35 AM

So we check in from home Nov 15th at 7:00am?

Sun Nov 25 Depart ORLANDO 08:40 AM

Arrive PHILADELPHIA 10:55 AM

So we check in from the cruise ship Nov 24th at 8:40am?

Yes - T24 from flight departure time, be ready a few minutes prior, have all your information entered and then start hitting enter/back until the website lets you check in.

I would strongly consider paying for Early Bird Check in for the return flight so you don't have to deal with checking in on the cruise. For an extra $10 per person SWA will check you in automatically at T36 vs you checking in at T24.

Good seats is relative, seating is two rows of 3 all pretty much the same !

When you check in you will receive a boarding number and letter as explained above. Passengers line up by group letter and boarding number and seat selection is first come first serve. Just choose the first two open seats together that best fit your need and stow your stuff :)

QUOTE=ArielRae;45099828]Booked our flights for our up coming cruise. So when do we check in to get good seats?

So we check in from the cruise ship Nov 24th at 8:40am?[/QUOTE]

Booked our flights for our up coming cruise. So when do we check in to get good seats?

So we check in from the cruise ship Nov 24th at 8:40am?

As the PP noted, you definitely should consider using EBCI at least for the return flight. Checking in from a cruise ship can be hit or miss and almost certainly will be expensive, unless you happen to be in a port where your cell plan works without roaming or you can get free WiFi to do it. Internet on board a cruise ship is relatively expensive (you either pay by the minute or pay in advance for a block of minutes at a discount rate) and because it's satellite based there can be times when it just isn't available anywhere. Likewise, using a cell phone on a cruise ship at sea means using the Celluar at Sea service that usually runs $2.99 per minute or more and in many ports using a cell phone will result in roaming charges, depending on your plan.

Why would I have to pay for internet or use my phone. I thought I could go to guest services and be able to check into my flight. :confused3

We plan to stay at Pop for one night after the cruise. Can we check in when we get to Pop century for our flight the next day?
It will only be a couple hours after the 24hr mark.

Why would I have to pay for internet or use my phone. I thought I could go to guest services and be able to check into my flight. :confused3

We plan to stay at Pop for one night after the cruise. Can we check in when we get to Pop century for our flight the next day?

I don't know if cruise lines offer that service or not. If they do, your fine as long as the Internet on board is working. If the Internet is down it's down for everyone and guest services won't be able to help you.

POP certainly would do an SWA check in for you. A couple of hours after T24 can make a big difference, however. I checked DD in for a flight on Monday at exactly T24 and she got A59, the second to the last number in the group. YMMV.

Well your post above indicates that you are checking in from the cruise ship:

"So we check in from the cruise ship Nov 24th at 8:40am?"
That is why the pp gave such helpful information on checking in from the cruise ship.

Yes - of course if you are not on the ship you can use a web enabled cell phone or go to guest relations at the resort.

IME if you wait to check in you will be among the last to board the aircraft and the choices of seats will be limited, likely middle seats and probably not 2 seats together.

ok i did the early check in for our return flight. Now when I check my bags in at the resort on my departure day they will give me my boarding pass with hopfully an early number since I did the early bird check in?

Please forgive me for jumping in here.

You all have been so informative to the OP, and I have learned a great deal.

May I ask a non disney transportation for Southwest question?

I am going with a co worker next week to Omaha for work, It is not a direct flight.

How do boarding passes for two flights work? Do I keep the same boarding pass or do I have to turn that over at my 1st part of the flight? Or do I print two copies of the original boarding pass?

Anyone have SW experience with not direct flights?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mary

Please forgive me for jumping in here.

You all have been so informative to the OP, and I have learned a great deal.

May I ask a non disney transportation for Southwest question?

I am going with a co worker next week to Omaha for work, It is not a direct flight.

How do boarding passes for two flights work? Do I keep the same boarding pass or do I have to turn that over at my 1st part of the flight? Or do I print two copies of the original boarding pass?

Anyone have SW experience with not direct flights?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mary

When you check in for your 1st flight either at T24 yourself or by T36 Early Bird it will check you in for both flights and you will have two boarding passes to print.

Yes, and if your curious as to what you got you can go online anytime after T24 and see your position.

ok i did the early check in for our return flight. Now when I check my bags in at the resort on my departure day they will give me my boarding pass with hopfully an early number since I did the early bird check in?

Thanks so much for everyone's help.

Hopefully I have everything I need to know now. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter