Southwest Park Ticket Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently trying to confirm with Southwest Vacations via email if they send out the confirmation #s early as well, or if they only offer Will Call pick-up. I'll reply when I get a response...

If someone else is brave enough and purchased tickets already and knows the answer, please let us know! :)

I'm currently trying to confirm with Southwest Vacations via email if they send out the confirmation #s early as well, or if they only offer Will Call pick-up. I'll reply when I get a response...

If someone else is brave enough and purchased tickets already and knows the answer, please let us know! :)
I was just about to do this. I'll wait to see what response you get before I decide to purchase my tickets.

Initial reply wasn't exactly the most helpful (and typos were a bit confusing)

We received your email on October 19th regarding the Disney tickets. We are more than happy to assist you. However if you are not staying at a true Disney property. You can do sign up early to get the fast pass. However if you are staying at a true Disney property then you can. You will have to give us a call to get the hotel confirmation number in order to get into mydisneyexperience.

I replied clarifying that I:
A) already had a Disney resort reservation, and it was already linked to my MDE account
and B) I only wanted to purchase park passes from Southwest Vacations, and would they email me the confirmation or ID #s for those?

Waiting on 2nd reply :)

Initial reply wasn't exactly the most helpful (and typos were a bit confusing)

I replied clarifying that I:
A) already had a Disney resort reservation, and it was already linked to my MDE account
and B) I only wanted to purchase park passes from Southwest Vacations, and would they email me the confirmation or ID #s for those?

Waiting on 2nd reply :)
Since you will get a confirmation number from Southwest and tickets will be held at will call, would you be able to call Disney for the ID#'s? I think I remember reading that you could do that for Parksaver tickets.

After waiting and not receiving a 2nd email reply, I went ahead and called.

I was told that after purchase, you'd be emailed an itinerary that would include all the info/#s you need to link the tickets to MDE.

I was also told that the tickets were fully refundable "until they get printed", but I have a feeling linking them to MDE may also void that refund. (Unless they have a way to void it on MDE after you link them, idk.)

Worst case scenario, it sounds like if you try this offer and DON'T get the confirmation #s you need, you can get a full refund as long as you don't pick it up at Will Call?

EDIT: Just bought 1 6-day PH to test. Will report back with more info when I get it.

Last edited:

We have already booked our November 2017 trip through Disney. I don't guess we could cancel the tickets through Disney, keep the room, and buy the tickets through Southwest?

Glad that it worked! That's a really good price so I may just go ahead and buy tickets myself for our trip that we might take next year.

It worked!

Today I got the Itinerary email (they said to wait 3 days after purchase for it; took about 12~ hours), and it included the code to add the ticket to MDE.

Time for me to get the other 6 in my party that need passes to get on this! :D
That's great to know! Thank you!

To clarify, do you still need to pick up a physical ticket at guest services?

I was able to add PH to a non-expiry ticket but it was over a year ago. It was after they stopped selling them though. I had a 5 day ticket that I upgraded. Everyone else already had PHs and I think they felt bad for me. It was a bit complicated though and took about 40 minutes for them to figure out.

That's great to know! Thank you!

To clarify, do you still need to pick up a physical ticket at guest services?

I'd only need to pick up the tickets at Will Call if I wanted a physical copy as a backup.

As they are now, they will be tied to the MagicBands I'll get later as part of our resort room reservation.

Thanks so much for posting! We are taking DS's friend along for spring break and will need a hopper for him, this is perfect!

I'd only need to pick up the tickets at Will Call if I wanted a physical copy as a backup.

As they are now, they will be tied to the MagicBands I'll get later as part of our resort room reservation.
Great! Thank you! This will be saving my family $300 for our January trip!

Oh, did they charge you tax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter