Southwest Park Ticket Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if I buy three 6-day tix and want to upgrade to 7 days once we get there that should cost me and additional $30 or so right? Thanks!

So if I buy three 6-day tix and want to upgrade to 7 days once we get there that should cost me and additional $30 or so right? Thanks!
Yes. You'll pay the difference between a full-priced 7 day ticket and a full-priced 6 day ticket.

I've already purchased a package through Disney for Marathon weekend. If I wanted to take advantage of this offer, can I get Disney to remove just the tickets from my package and refund me the difference? I would then purchase these tickets and add them to my MDE account.

I'm wondering, even though the offer says to travel by April 24, 2017, if the tickets purchased could be used after that date. I'd love to be able to buy a couple of these for my June trip. Anybody care to fathom a guess on if it'd work? I couldn't imagine the tickets would just disappear after April 24, 2017 out of MDE?

Can this be used with a free dining package? We have a free dining package in November that requires a ticket purchase and that is already paid for. Can I buy these tickets and then add them and call and have the other removed? We have a 9 day ticket. How would they handle this? Will they give me a hard time since the tickets are through SW not Disney for the free dining?

No one seems to know about refunding tickets! I want to know as well. Website says tickets are nonrefundable. But wonder if they just would do it.

It worked!

Today I got the Itinerary email (they said to wait 3 days after purchase for it; took about 12~ hours), and it included the code to add the ticket to MDE.

Time for me to get the other 6 in my party that need passes to get on this! :D
Thanks for reporting back!

Can this be used with a free dining package? We have a free dining package in November that requires a ticket purchase and that is already paid for. Can I buy these tickets and then add them and call and have the other removed? We have a 9 day ticket. How would they handle this? Will they give me a hard time since the tickets are through SW not Disney for the free dining?
No, you cannot remove your Disney-purchased tickets and replace with these SW Discounted tickets.

What you can do is decrease your 9-day to the minimum ticket purchase requirement which should be a 2-day ticket.

Then, buy the SW tickets and link them. Move the 2-day tickets to a Ticket Saver profile in your MDE (fake person) after you arrive at WDW and then save them for a future trip.

No, you cannot remove your Disney-purchased tickets and replace with these SW Discounted tickets.

What you can do is decrease your 9-day to the minimum ticket purchase requirement which should be a 2-day ticket.

Then, buy the SW tickets and link them. Move the 2-day tickets to a Ticket Saver profile in your MDE (fake person) after you arrive at WDW and then save them for a future trip.

I didn't think so but thought I'd ask.

I'm wondering, even though the offer says to travel by April 24, 2017, if the tickets purchased could be used after that date. I'd love to be able to buy a couple of these for my June trip. Anybody care to fathom a guess on if it'd work? I couldn't imagine the tickets would just disappear after April 24, 2017 out of MDE?

I'm sure it won't matter. Magic Your Way tickets don't expire.

Despite the date that some resellers request for their own internal bookkeeping purposes, MagicYourWay tickets are not dated.

Once you obtain them, they do not expire, and can be used any time.

Question for you Robo.. or any one else that knows the answer....

If these, or any standard park tickets, were used in a blackout period- say Jan 1 and 2nd, for example- could they then be upgraded to a GOLD annual pass since the GOLD pass would be blacked out on Jan 1st & 2nd?

For anyone who charged this ticket to their credit card, do you mind posting the name of the company that did the billing? I have a credit card with a $250 airline credit (good for any charges that come from airlines), so if it's billed by Southwest Airlines it might be eligible for that.

For anyone who charged this ticket to their credit card, do you mind posting the name of the company that did the billing? I have a credit card with a $250 airline credit (good for any charges that come from airlines), so if it's billed by Southwest Airlines it might be eligible for that.

My pending charge is from "SOUTHWEST AIRLINES VCTNS".

Please note though that Southwest Airlines does not operate Southwest Vacations; "Southwest Vacations is the leisure vacation package product for Southwest Airlines and is operated by The Mark Travel Corporation (TMTC)". So YMMV with the credit offer

Question for you Robo.. or any one else that knows the answer....

If these, or any standard park tickets, were used in a blackout period- say Jan 1 and 2nd, for example- could they then be upgraded to a GOLD annual pass since the GOLD pass would be blacked out on Jan 1st & 2nd?
Yes. Any type of ticket - except for Comp tickets, no matter when it was used - blockout or regular periods - can be upgraded to an AP with blockout dates.

Thank you for your answer... if there somewhere to look up this info for myself?
A ticket sticky is in progress for the DIS.

But, for any upgrade, it's the value of the ticket that is applied to an AP. It is not determined on when the regular ticket was used. We often did this for DL APs because DL APs have a lot of blockout periods and there was never a question regarding the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter