Southwest Park Ticket Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
A ticket sticky is in progress for the DIS.

But, for any upgrade, it's the value of the ticket that is applied to an AP. It is not determined on when the regular ticket was used. We often did this for DL APs because DL APs have a lot of blockout periods and there was never a question regarding the upgrade.
Thank you... I appreciate the response.

I just like to have all my info together when upgrading my tickets to APs. I could of lost lots of money in the past if I didn't know all the particulars like what my ticket was worth and the difference I should be paying for the upgrade. Sometimes YMMV depending on the knowledge level of the CM you are upgrading with.

LOL,

I finally got back the 2nd email reply i was waiting for from Customer Service...

We received your email on October 19, 2016 inquiring if you book an activities only package with WDW park tickets if you would still receive the Disney assigned confirmation number so that you can add the tickets to your "My Disney Experience."

Upon further investigation of your request you would need to book both your WDW hotel with park tickets to get the WDW hotel confirmation number and your Disney assigned confirmation number that is used to book your "My Magical Express"

When park tickets are booked on their own no id number is given and must be picked up at the Disney will call window.

Well, that's already been proven wrong with my first ticket, and goes against the seemingly correct info I got from their agent on the phone... I have 4 more that I am awaiting the itinerary/code email for. I don't think I'm going to reply to correct them. ;)

Novice here... specifically how would I upgrade a 6 day ticket from SWA to an annual pass?

It worked!

Today I got the Itinerary email (they said to wait 3 days after purchase for it; took about 12~ hours), and it included the code to add the ticket to MDE.

Time for me to get the other 6 in my party that need passes to get on this! :D

Did you get more than one email that said "itinerary" in the subject? I just purchased and almost immediately got 3 emails, one of which claimed to be the "travel itinerary" but did not have any ticket numbers in it. Hoping I will still receive another with the codes later today or tomorrow.

Novice here... specifically how would I upgrade a 6 day ticket from SWA to an annual pass?
Go to Guest Relations > Hand them your MB > Tell them you want to upgrade the linked ticket to the AP of your choice > make sure the amount they give you is:
Chosen AP price minus full/gate price of a 6-day ticket.

Did you get more than one email that said "itinerary" in the subject? I just purchased and almost immediately got 3 emails, one of which claimed to be the "travel itinerary" but did not have any ticket numbers in it. Hoping I will still receive another with the codes later today or tomorrow.

I got 3 emails in total, in this order:
Subject lines, with personal info censored:

(8:17pm)"Your Southwest Vacations Reservation"
(8:17pm)"Your Southwest Vacations Travel Confirmation"
(10:15am next day)"Travel Itinerary for 70H#####/Firstname Lastname"

That last one had a barcode along with a "Disney Reservation Number" that was the ticket's 12 character ID #.

Isn't the parksavers tickets still slightly less $$$ ($419/7 days is $59.85 vs. $368/6 is $61.33) Am I missing something?

Isn't the parksavers tickets still slightly less $$$ ($419/7 days is $59.85 vs. $368/6 is $61.33) Am I missing something?
In my case, I need 6 day passes; I've no need for the 7th day...

@pluto377 : This may also help; the 2nd email I got mentions:

• The Travel Itinerary for your vacation will be sent to your e-mail address in the next 3 days. Please have your Travel Itinerary available for reference for the duration of your vacation.
  • We are here for you from beginning to end! If you do not receive your Travel Itinerary, or if you need any further assistance with your vacation package, please contact us at 800-243-8372.

I got 3 emails in total, in this order:
Subject lines, with personal info censored:

(8:17pm)"Your Southwest Vacations Reservation"
(8:17pm)"Your Southwest Vacations Travel Confirmation"
(10:15am next day)"Travel Itinerary for 70H#####/Firstname Lastname"

That last one had a barcode along with a "Disney Reservation Number" that was the ticket's 12 character ID #.

Hmm.. my third email had the same subject as yours, but no barcode or anything. Maybe I'll have to call. Will call won't work obviously as we'll want to make FP+ ressies. Curious to see how things turn out with the other tickets you bought. Thanks for the info!

Hmm.. my third email had the same subject as yours, but no barcode or anything. Maybe I'll have to call. Will call won't work obviously as we'll want to make FP+ ressies. Curious to see how things turn out with the other tickets you bought. Thanks for the info!

Strange. Please keep us updated as well!

FWIW, the barcode was an image file, so make sure your email is displaying images too.

Above my barcode was this text:

"6-Day Park Hopper Ticket at 3 Day Price
Valid Only For: 1 Adult
Disney Reservation Number: <12 digit code>"

If you bought the $368 Six day hopper from SW and upgraded it to a 7 day at the park your total out of pocket would be the cost of the 6 day hopper from SW ($368) + the difference between the value of a 7 day hopper ($439) and a 6 day hopper ($424) + 6.5% sales tax. So, $368 + $16.07 = $384.07. You would save $34.94 buying from SW and upgrading.

If a person buys the SWA parkhopper for $368 and adds on the 7th day at a ticket window, at the most they'll pay $16.

$368 + $16= $384 and much less than Park Savers.

Last edited:
If you bought the $368 Six day hopper from SW and upgraded it to a 7 day at the park your total out of pocket would be the cost of the 6 day hopper from SW ($368) + the difference between the value of a 7 day hopper ($439) and a 6 day hopper ($424) + 6.5% sales tax. So, $368 + $16.07 = $384.07. You would save $34.94 buying from SW and upgrading.
Thanks for calculating the $16 difference! I'll update my post. :)

Just bought 6 6-Day Park Hopper Passes for $2208.00! Whoohoo!!

Just curious, are you planning to use the tix for your Sept 2017 trip?? Is it confirmed that these tickets will not expire earlier? Would love to save a little bit of $$ for our Sept trip! Kindest Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter