• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Southwest???

Was able to get in exactly at 7:59am. Flights out of Buffalo were decently priced. Sunday before Labor Day was a touch high but that's to be expected. Good luck to everyone else!

I booked mine out of Pittsburgh. I thought they were a little high ($134 each way) compared to last year, but they really cut back on the non stop flights. I debated on whether or not to wait but thought I better take my times and run.

The prices seemed high and the schedule was definitely not what I normally see on Southwest flying out of Buffalo. I've decided to wait to see if anything changes

$83 for Orlando to DC. I already had my flights for going down.

About $19 more than I thought they would be, so $100 more for the family of 5

But, they changed the schedule! We have to come home an hour earlier than we planned. Cutting our time in the park on our last day by an hour! :sad:

Here's a question for you first day bookers...does Southwest tend to add flights as the day (or days) go on? Reason I ask is that I'm looking for an evening flight from PHL to MCO that isn't showing up on the Southwest site and is a time they've definitely used in the past. If I go to Kayak, it shows a flight as "Info" for that day at that time. Does that suggest it'll pop up in SW at some point, or, most likely, is Kayak just plain wrong?

Out of Phila, end of Sept, 12 flights, only 2 are non stop. Between disney prices and jumping thru hoops to get there, it's starting to seem why bother.

Not in love with the schedule but it will work.

Out of Pittsburgh the non-stops for our dates were 5:35 am---way too early, 10:35 am--snagged that one, and 4:30 pm--too late.
Non-stop departures from Orlando were 9:30 am, 11 am. 12:25 pm. 2:30 pm, and 7:55 pm snagged this one---need every last minute in the parks.

Booked from Newark. Coming home the direct flight was much earlier than I wanted. Previous dates had a 7:55 pm direct to Newark but for my dates the latest direct flight was 2:10. It changes our plans a little, but it's ok.

Cut way back on the nonstops from BDL! Glad the trip got moved to November. I still have time to obsess!!!!

Booked our flights from Buffalo end of August through Labor Day. A little higher than I had hoped for but cheaper than JetBlue. Was hoping for an early afternoon departure but took the morning.

Cut way back on the nonstops from BDL! Glad the trip got moved to November. I still have time to obsess!!!!
I am looking for nonstops out of BDL as well. Only 3 were offered for my dates. I booked but wish there were more to choose from!

Finally done! Booked for 6 people from Philly to Orlando for Sept 2 going and Sept 10 going home - $134 each way. So glad I booked it right away because the flight coming home on the 10th already went up $20! We got both non-stop flights, 6:05am going and 2pm going home.

Needed airfare from Albany, NY to LAX for a combined two week Alaska cruise out of Long Beach and post cruise trip to Disneyland. Found great times and was able to use frequent flier miles for the round-trip!! Saved $871.00!! Super excited and had to share!

Prices seem to be high flying out of Milwaukee. :-(

UGH! And did you notice they changed the flight schedule too? Much fewer non-stops. Can't make a decision. Flight prices are high and very few "good" options. Right now looking at a one-stop in ATL(no plane change) from MKE to MCO and it is $163 one way. Can get a later afternoon return non-stop for $159.

I just cannot see our family leaving on an early morning non-stop because we don't do well on no sleep. At least the $163 fare is a great time leaving at 9:50am and arriving MCO at 3:00pm.

Are you booking or waiting?

The prices seemed high and the schedule was definitely not what I normally see on Southwest flying out of Buffalo. I've decided to wait to see if anything changes

What dates were you looking at? I booked out of Buffalo for 8/26-9/3 and thought the 8/26 schedule and prices were pretty typical. In fact, a touch cheaper than I was anticipating. The 9/3 schedule and prices weren't as great, but I thought it was fair given it's a holiday weekend. I was hoping for a late night flight on Sunday but the latest nonstop was at 6pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter