• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spa Discount - Port Days

closetmickey

DIS Veteran
Are they still offering the Disney Visa 20% discount on spa services on port days? We are scheduled for 50 min Swedish massages at 4:30 on our Castaway Cay day. The all aboard time is 4:45. Will our services qualify? Thank you!

Last edited:

Yes they are. I mentioned it when booking and it was applied to my 75-minute bamboo massage. Enjoy your massages :)
Did you have to put it directly on your credit card as i read another poster had to? Or can it go on your shipboard account? We will have lots of credit on our account that we need to spend

Just cruised on the Dream and thought 'd report back as I couldn't find a definitive answer pre cruise....
The Disney Visa offer is good for any "Signature Service" treatment on port days. My hot stone treatment received the 20% off on our Castaway Cay day but my girls' standard Swedish massages did not. Also, the entire day is considered a "Port Day" as our treatments occured just 15 minutes before all aboard. Lastly, I just needed to have my Disney Visa on my room account to receive the discount. IE, I was able to put the charges on my room to be paid for with onboard credit as opposed to having to charge the treatments on my card. Hope this helps anyone else looking for details!

Does anyone know if you get the Disney visa offer if you book the cabana Swedish massage? Also does the offer count if you book the spa in advance online, or does it have to be booked on the day of?

Port days.. does it mean on embarkation port only or any port (except Castway?)?
Thanks

Just cruised on the Dream and thought 'd report back as I couldn't find a definitive answer pre cruise....
The Disney Visa offer is good for any "Signature Service" treatment on port days. My hot stone treatment received the 20% off on our Castaway Cay day but my girls' standard Swedish massages did not. Also, the entire day is considered a "Port Day" as our treatments occured just 15 minutes before all aboard. Lastly, I just needed to have my Disney Visa on my room account to receive the discount. IE, I was able to put the charges on my room to be paid for with onboard credit as opposed to having to charge the treatments on my card. Hope this helps anyone else looking for details!
How do you know what is covered under “signature” vs. not?

Thanks for this great tip! I’m already scheduled in Nassau and will be very happy to take advantage of this discount!

I think you might be referring to my post—they made me use my credit card in the shops to get the discount, but spa services were charged to my onboard account.
That doesn't make sense. As long as you have the Disney Visa as the credit card that your onboard account settles to, then you are eligible for the discount. (Even if you are actually settling the account with gift cards, etc.) They used to print a "V" on the bottom corner of your room key; last 2 cruises we went to Guest Services and they put little plastic stickers with the V on the card to indicate to the shops that you were eligible for the discount.

That doesn't make sense. As long as you have the Disney Visa as the credit card that your onboard account settles to, then you are eligible for the discount. (Even if you are actually settling the account with gift cards, etc.) They used to print a "V" on the bottom corner of your room key; last 2 cruises we went to Guest Services and they put little plastic stickers with the V on the card to indicate to the shops that you were eligible for the discount.
It may not make sense but that’s what they did on the Wonder in October. In fact they did it again on the Wonder in April. No mention of getting a sticker from guest services.

Just read this at:
https://disneyrewards.com/vacation-perks/disney-cruise-line-savings/

Here’s how to enjoy Disney Cruise Line perks​

1. When you check in online or at the embarkation terminal, enter your Disney Visa Credit Card as your form of payment for all onboard purchases.
2. On the ship, your “Key to the World” card will indicate that you’re a Disney® Visa® Cardmember and eligible for the perks listed below. Perks cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts, including Cast Member, Annual Passholder, Disney Vacation Club® or Florida resident.
3. Please mention these offers to ensure you receive the savings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter