• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spa Open House Tips/Info?

leannak

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me about the spa open house in the first day of cruises?
There is a raffle of some sort? Is it free? What can you win?
Can kids tag along for the open house and see the rainforest room, etc? (Like how I’m allowed in to see their kids clubs 😁)
Are there any deals on the first day?
What time is the open house typically running?
Etc.

It will be in open-house mode when boarding begins or soon after, and yes you may take kids during this time.
The raffle will be before the muster drill at about 3pm, after that time the spa is open so no kids.
The raffle is in person. You would need to return if you took an earlier tour. The raffle offerings can vary but might include a free or discounted treatment, a consultation, or something from the ship's store.
There are specials available on the various days of the cruise, especially on port days. You can ask during the tour.

We've done it a couple of times, it's basically an "intro to the spa services" thing with some raffles sprinkled in. We've never won anything and usually skip it.

There aren’t deals per se - I do believe spa services get a discount on port days, I want to say 20%, but I could be wrong. Never done the raffle, but it is fun to check out the rooms and such.

I’m fairly certain they hold back some spa treatments for people to book onboard. I know when we sailed concierge we were able to get a couples massage after boarding.

Also, if you have a Disney Visa, you can get 20% off spa treatments. So make sure to get the little sticker for your KTTWC.

A couple weeks, ago, I won $100 gift cert on the Wonder. It could only be used on port days (which was not a big deal, since we had no plans for Ensenada). They did indicate that it was only applicable to one side of the spa menu - which included all the solo massages, exactly what I intended to use it for. I'm not actually sure what wasn't included, now that I think about it. Probably the couples packages, rainforest pass, that kind of stuff? maybe the more medical side of spa offerings?

Most of the event was to introduce the various lead spa staff and talk up the services they offered. They drew tickets for various gift cert amounts. I know $75 and $100, possibly there was a $50 in there too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter