Spa Villa Services - Recent Experiences?

3 Hobbits 2 Disney

Working Our Way Home
DH and I are cruising on the Fantasy in November and are looking at doing the below. I did a search of the forums and did not find any recent comments. Has anyone done a spa villa service in the last 2 years? Any feedback gratefully accepted.

Senses Spa Villa Services & Treatments Aroma Stone Therapy

I was on the Wonder recently and was supposed to have a Thai Poultice Massage but they were out of what they needed so I got a stone massage instead. Not sure if that is the same treatment you are asking about but it was the weakest massage I ever had. The heated stones were nice at first but by the end it felt like that awkward scene in Friends where one of the girls takes over for Phoebe and massages her client with wood spatulas. I was more annoyed than relaxed by the end.

We did one on the Fantasy about two years ago. It was pretty awful. My DH found it painful and then the “therapists” tried to sell me products to tighten my skin afterward. Awkward, insulting and really expensive. I’ve learned my lesson not to do spa services on cruise lines.

We did one on the Fantasy about two years ago. It was pretty awful. My DH found it painful and then the “therapists” tried to sell me products to tighten my skin afterward. Awkward, insulting and really expensive. I’ve learned my lesson not to do spa services on cruise lines.

Same here.
A couple of years ago we splurged on a bunch of things in the spa. Massages for DW and me, haircut/shave for me, mani/pedi for her... all were absolutely awful. mani/pedi woman was rude, she was very rough on her. lady that cut my hair had no idea what she was doing...massage was painful & staff doing them were inexperienced and rude.
Their only skill: hawking overpriced, crappy products non-stop. When we told them NO repeatedly they became grumpy & rude. I did say yes to a skin gel to the lady that cut my hair bc I didn't want her to accidentally stab me... jk...
I'll never go to the spa again for any kind of treatment/service. not even if free. its probably the weakest spot in the DCL. I hate it.

Maybe it was because it was my first massage so I didn't know any better, or I happened to get someone really good, but I really enjoyed it. We did this last week on the Wonder in Alaska. It helped that we had the villa and massage booked on the day we went to the glacier -- sitting in a private jacuzzi while watching the ice float by was amazing.

I found the massage to be just the right amount of pressure and heat once I asked for what I wanted. At first, it was a little weak so I asked for more pressure and got it. Then on my back, it was a little too much so I asked her to go lighter and once again, it worked out perfectly. At the end, she simply stated, "I put together a routine and individualized product list for you, are you at all interested in hearing about it?" When I said no she dropped it and that was that.

The villa experience itself was pretty great too. It started out with water and a "foot ritual" -- basically soaking the feet in warm water and then exfoliation of the feet and lower legs. Then we had some time in the jacuzzi, which had some sort of treatment in the water? After a while, it was time for the massage, and when that was done it was back to the verandah for some hot tea and fruit (and chocolate covered strawberries). It was one of our favorite parts of the trip!

We got manicures and pedicures and it was good! You get to look out at the ocean while getting it done :)

I love the Alone Time at the spa! I personally have never had a bad experience. I let them know if I need the pressure adjusted and she always does as I ask. I find it very relaxing and enjoyable. As far as the selling of products, I write in large letters on my intake form that I DO NOT want any sales pitches and will not be buying any products. It seems to work pretty well. As far as the pedis my daughter and I used to enjoy them, but the last couple were terrible and the technician's did in fact become rude when we told them we were not interested in purchasing products. I will go back to the spa for my alone time, but we have sworn off of the pedis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter