Space 220 Lounge grace period

lvdis

love disney
Do you know what the grace period is for getting to a Space 220 Lounge reservation? The time I was able to get is for 6:30 PM and we will be at the America Gardens Theater for a 5:30 PM concert. I expect it to only last about 45 minutes, so it would be done around 6:15 PM possibly. Do you think we'd be OK to make it to our reservation after the concert? I'll keep trying to find an earlier time, but you know how hard it is to even get a lounge reservation.

The concerts in America Gardens Theater typically last 30 minutes. It's a bit of a hike from there to Space 220 (about a mile), but you should have 30 minutes to walk there - at a steady pace, you should be there in time. Make sure to exit to the left when you leave the theater.

The concerts in America Gardens Theater typically last 30 minutes. It's a bit of a hike from there to Space 220 (about a mile), but you should have 30 minutes to walk there - at a steady pace, you should be there in time. Make sure to exit to the left when you leave the theater.
Thanks. If the boats are running maybe that would be the way to go.

Thanks. If the boats are running maybe that would be the way to go.
No. The time suck from walking to Morocco and then from Canada to that part of Future World plus waiting for the boat and maybe not even getting on the first boat due to crowds from the concert trying to board the boat could easily make it a longer trip.

Exit toward Italy and do the walk. You’ll make it close enough and restaurants usually have 15-20 min grace periods so if you take that into account you should really be ok. Don’t recall any reports of Space 220 being extra strict with regards to ADR times.

No. The time suck from walking to Morocco and then from Canada to that part of Future World plus waiting for the boat and maybe not even getting on the first boat due to crowds from the concert trying to board the boat could easily make it a longer trip.

Exit toward Italy and do the walk. You’ll make it close enough and restaurants usually have 15-20 min grace periods so if you take that into account you should really be ok. Don’t recall any reports of Space 220 being extra strict with regards to ADR times.

I do know (from experience) that being a non-Disney restaurant, they do not let you check in 15 min EARLY like other restaurants do. I don't know about arriving late.

I do know (from experience) that being a non-Disney restaurant, they do not let you check in 15 min EARLY like other restaurants do. I don't know about arriving late.We checked in early on our last visit. That didn’t mean we didn’t wait some. In fact, they didn’t call us until 15 min after our ADR time.
We were able to check in 15 min prior the last time we ate there. Of course, we still had a bit of a wait. We didn’t get called until 15 after our scheduled ADR but YMMV.

It's a bit of a hike from there to Space 220
Agree that it's definitely doable. I walked it in less than 20 mins during the F&W festival. I had an overlapping ADR between Space 220 lounge and the new Shiki-Sai (old Tokyo Dining). I enjoyed a beer and the atmosphere/screens at Space 220 lounge then dashed off for my Shiki-Sai ADR. Wish I hadn't bothered with Shiki-Sai as overpriced and service both slow and not as friendly and warm as it had been in the old days of Tokyo Dining. The Space 220 lounge small bites looked much better. Live and learn.

I am certain we were a few minutes late and there was no issue. With that it was really a few minutes as in under 5.

We had this exact situation in December for the Candelight processional.... we were a little late but checked in at the desk and were just fine ... no fuss! :)

We had reservations for the Lounge last Thursday. Showed up at the desk 15 min early and they would not check us in. Told us to come back at our reservation time.

Per Google maps, the walking path is .7 miles and estimated to be 17 minutes. That's at a standard pace so if you walk quickly obviously it would take less.

Thanks everyone! I was actually able to get an earlier ADR for 12:55 so no need to rush back and forth! Now to figure out what to order. Any recommendations?

I think you'll be OK, and even if you're 10-15 minutes late you'll be good. While it's not Space 220, when I was there last summer, we had a reservation for Garden Grill that we showed up one hour late. It was not our fault, as we had a LL for Test Track, and were stuck in that line for over an hour even with the LL. When we explained that at the podium, they were understanding and got us seated within 10 minutes. Space 220 may not be as lenient, but based on your timeframe, you shouldn't have a problem.

Last September we had Space 220 reservation at 630pm, also had a return time of 610pm for Guardians, I passed by the check in desk at Space and told them about our dilemma, the girl behind the desk said you should be fine and not to worry and to enjoy Guardians, we showed up at 650pm for Space and was taken right in...although after being on Guardians I wasnt very hungry !!!!!!...lol

Last September we had Space 220 reservation at 630pm, also had a return time of 610pm for Guardians, I passed by the check in desk at Space and told them about our dilemma, the girl behind the desk said you should be fine and not to worry and to enjoy Guardians, we showed up at 650pm for Space and was taken right in...although after being on Guardians I wasnt very hungry !!!!!!...lol
It was probably a good idea that you didn’t eat first, ride GotG after, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter