• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Space 220 Lounge Vs Restaurant

If we sit in the lounge, can some in our party order lounge food and others order a prix fixe meal? Or is it all must do prix fixe if one does?

If we sit in the lounge, can some in our party order lounge food and others order a prix fixe meal? Or is it all must do prix fixe if one does?
Each person has the choice - that’s what’s nice about an ADR in the lounge vs. restaurant. There’s no guarantee they won’t change that policy, though.

This is great info- I want to go to the lounge but was afraid you wouldn't be able to see the restaurant as well.

This is great info- I want to go to the lounge but was afraid you wouldn't be able to see the restaurant as well.
It's all just one big room - restaurant, lounge and bar. The only drawback to the bar is you sit with your back to the windows, but as I recall there is a mirror so you can see, and some of the tables are set up so that some have their backs to the windows as well so there's no guarantee either way.

As above, it’s one big room, and the lounge has the advantage that it’s elevated a few steps above the restaurant area. The view from the lounge is much better than down in the restaurant area - we could see almost the entire “window.”

Today was my ADR day with absolutely no availability for a table of 3 in the lounge area. Hadn't read this thread first about even vs. odd numbers.... I did get an ADR for the restaurant but I know the prix fixe menu will be a big waste of money and food for our daughter. I was so hoping for the lounge. I assume the rule is still prix fixe for everyone at a restaurant table. I know she would like the chicken and waffles from the lounge menu.

Had lunch in a wheelchair in the restaurant last week. The lounge would be really tight for my chair, but I’d have preferred to be up there. Particularly since it’s just 1 big room and our son only eats fries. We all very much enjoyed our food, which at WDW, isn’t common for us. It wasn’t the BEST but it was definitely better than other Disney-owned joints on property. We had the chicken, steak and salmon. I saw one review saying the fingerling potatoes were way too salty, but that was at opening, they definitely aren’t now. The cupcake they gave us for our anniversary was my hubby’s favorite of nearly any others on property. Just a dense chocolate cake, but he loved it.

For our family, my 14yo ASD son will ONLY eat fries at Disney restaurants. We know what that entails for price fixe situations. Some call it a waste of money, we did it for the experience. Though the experience isn’t different in the lounge so I’d do that instead. He thought the elevator “ride” was fun and occasionally looked out the windows. We were off to the side tho w a poor view. Not much to see on the outer windows. Still, we felt the experience worth it for him. Other miles may vary.

Last edited:
I assume the rule is still prix fixe for everyone at a restaurant table.
Yes, it is still the rule. Keep trying for a lounge ADR - try for parties of 3 and for parties of 4. Even the day before, because if you can book the lounge you'd still be able to cancel the restaurant.

Is a reservation a must for the lounge? I thought somewhere I read you could possibly get a walk u time?.............

Is a reservation a must for the lounge? I thought somewhere I read you could possibly get a walk u time?.............
God yes. They do take a list of walk-ups in case someone doesn’t show or they find an opening. Many tables were open in the restaurant portion when we were there and the lounge was packed. I’m sure the restaurant not being totally full was a function of not enough staff. A LOT of ppl line up for them, I have no idea how successful they are tho. The lounge area is infinitely smaller than the main restaurant. Think of the lounge as the bullseye of a target but not a full circle. It’s half w a portion taken up by the bar.

Last edited:
I had a lounge reservation for 1 last week and they sat me at the bar, which kind of stunk. You're facing the wrong way for the atmosphere. At least the food and cocktails were good.
I made a Lounge reservation for May and will be solo. I sure hope I don't get stuck at the bar as I do plan on eating and don't want that view the whole time.

Had lunch in a wheelchair in the restaurant last week. The lounge would be really tight for my chair, but I’d have preferred to be up there. Particularly since it’s just 1 big room and our son only eats fries. We all very much enjoyed our food, which at WDW, isn’t common for us. It wasn’t the BEST but it was definitely better than other Disney-owned joints on property. We had the chicken, steak and salmon. I saw one review saying the fingerling potatoes were way too salty, but that was at opening, they definitely aren’t now. The cupcake they gave us for our anniversary was my hubby’s favorite of nearly any others on property. Just a dense chocolate cake, but he loved it.

For our family, my 14yo ASD son will ONLY eat fries at Disney restaurants. We know what that entails for price fixe situations. Some call it a waste of money, we did it for the experience. Though the experience isn’t different in the lounge so I’d do that instead. He thought the elevator “ride” was fun and occasionally looked out the windows. We were off to the side tho w a poor view. Not much to see on the outer windows. Still, we felt the experience worth it for him. Other miles may vary.

Daughter has ASD, she's 19. Were you able to get fries for your son on the price fixe menu? I think my daughter would eat the flat iron steak if I could get fries instead of smashed fingerling potatoes.

Daughter has ASD, she's 19. Were you able to get fries for your son on the price fixe menu? I think my daughter would eat the flat iron steak if I could get fries instead of smashed fingerling potatoes.
Yes. He was still charged full price as we agreed to in making the rez, but they were willing to give him what he needed.

In early January I went to Space 220 at about 9:30 to get in the walk-up wait line. I was the first one there but very soon after an other young man came up. About an hour or so later someone came to begin talking with folks that had reservations etc. and took our names and the number in our party. I was told to return about an hour and a half later. I went and met my party of five that were doing other things while I waited to get the last minute reservation. We passed the wait time in the World Showcase. We went back and got our table for six. The service was fantastic, the food was great and we really enjoyed the Space experience. I hate waiting in line but we tried to get reservations before our trip and had no luck so this worked well. One couple wished to split a meal and were told that was not permitted. They both ended up ordering and shared they were so glad they did as they got different entrees and both were exceptional. I LOVE the cauliflower!!! Note: We did not get Genie+ or LL that day as we had no idea what time we might get the meal reservation. I guess you could say the $$$ we would have paid for Genie and LL went towards the meal. The new Genie and LL really messes with dining reservations.

I will keep searching, if no luck for advanced res, it does not hurt to try and walk up.. maybe that day pixie dust will be in the air pixiedust:

OK, I'm trying to understand but would like to clarify. When I go to try to make reservations 60+7, when I go to make the reservation do I get a choice? Lounge or Restaurant? or? TIA

OK, I'm trying to understand but would like to clarify. When I go to try to make reservations 60+7, when I go to make the reservation do I get a choice? Lounge or Restaurant? or? TIA

they are two separate restaurants as far asADRs go. If you look for ADRs one search is for “Space 220 lounge” and it’s a separate option for “Space 220 restaurant”

they are two separate restaurants as far asADRs go. If you look for ADRs one search is for “Space 220 lounge” and it’s a separate option for “Space 220 restaurant”

Thank you, I didn't realize that. Last time (months ago) I think it was only one :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter