Space 220 Lounge/Walk-Up Stories

We do this with any reservations we weren't able to get. We show up at the podium 5 to 10 minutes before they opened and request a table. This usually works for us but be prepared to eat early.

We tried it our last day. Happened to get out of Mission Space and noticed line was not too long. We got on line about 10:30 AM. The restaurant opened at 11:30. We were maybe 15-20 people into the line (hard to say as some sent a representative to hold the place in line, and then 5 showed up to join them). We were in by 11:45AM. They are now closing the stand by line when they have about 20-30 people and not allowing anyone to join until it is cleared. There was no time limit and we had a great time. The space is amazing. Our server GG was the best and made it really special. Looking forward to going again sometime with a reservation.

When you enter with walk up (not a reservation), do you get a table and eat or only go to the lounge? I would like to go to the lounge, but not eat the 2/3 course meal.

We tried it our last day. Happened to get out of Mission Space and noticed line was not too long. We got on line about 10:30 AM. The restaurant opened at 11:30. We were maybe 15-20 people into the line (hard to say as some sent a representative to hold the place in line, and then 5 showed up to join them). We were in by 11:45AM. They are now closing the stand by line when they have about 20-30 people and not allowing anyone to join until it is cleared. There was no time limit and we had a great time. The space is amazing. Our server GG was the best and made it really special. Looking forward to going again sometime with a reservation.
Were you able to eat in the restaurant or were you in the lounge

We were at the tables in the lounge area, but I actually thought it was a better view. You are higher up and I had a view of all the viewports. You could also sit at the bar if it was available.
Someone told me there were only 3 tables in the lounge area. Is that true? We are a family of 5. Do you think we could be accommodated? Also, sorry one more question. Are kids allowed in the lounge?

We walked up at about noon last Monday, party of 2. We waited about an hour and then were seated at the bar. We really enjoyed the food, service and experience.

When you enter with walk up (not a reservation), do you get a table and eat or only go to the lounge? I would like to go to the lounge, but not eat the 2/3 course meal.

You will be seated in the lounge which consist of a bar and a few, small tables. In the lounge, you can order from the lounge menu and/or the pre-fixe menu.

Someone told me there were only 3 tables in the lounge area. Is that true? We are a family of 5. Do you think we could be accommodated? Also, sorry one more question. Are kids allowed in the lounge?

There are more than three tables, but I am not sure of the exact count. Kids are allowed in the lounge and at the bar. The tables are a bit small, so they may break your family up into a table of 2 or 3. There was a larger family ahead of us in line and that is what they did to accommodate the family in the lounge area.

We were at the tables in the lounge area, but I actually thought it was a better view. You are higher up and I had a view of all the viewports. You could also sit at the bar if it was available.
Thank you. My nephew and his wife really want to go there for their anniversary. So far we haven’t been able to get a reservation so I told him I would stand in the stand by line. It’s good to know the view is good.

I had to unexpectedly reschedule my October trip to November. That meant giving up my precious Space 220 dinner ADR. Now my only hope of dining there is lounge seating. I am watching this thread!

Walked up to the lounge line at 10:30 on a day the park opened at 11 (early entry). Got in at 12. Most of the Space line is not shaded so plan accordingly. that might be why they are cutting off the line now. They did pull a number of persons out of the line who wanted to make reservations.

If you are in the lounge area, table or bar (the lounge tables are white), you have a choice to order from the regular menu or the lounge menu. If you choose the regular menu, you pay the fixed price.

I believe there are at least seven tables in the lounge area, probably more like ten or eleven. All are for two or four. A larger party will probably be broken up somehow. I did not see tables being pushed together.

Last edited:
So there is no virtual queue for the lounge? In other words, you can’t put in your name in person and then go do something else until you get a text that they have a table for you?

Walked up to the lounge line at 10:30 on a day the park opened at 11 (early entry). Got in at 12. Most of the Space line is not shaded so plan accordingly. that might be why they are cutting off the line now. They did pull a number of persons out of the line who wanted to make reservations.

If you are in the lounge area, table or bar (the lounge tables are white), you have a choice to order from the regular menu or the lounge menu. If you choose the regular menu, you pay the fixed price.

I believe there are at least seven tables in the lounge area, probably more like ten or eleven. All are for two or four. A larger party will probably be broken up somehow. I did not see tables being pushed together.

They broke up a larger party when we were there. You are correct, they are not pushing tables together.

Someone on twitter reported getting there for the Lounge line and CMs asking folks there if they wanted to dining in the restaurant area, they had openings. The person said they were not interested in the prix fixe menu so they just waited (I think they said an hour) but it might be worth visiting the podium if you want to eat in the restaurant part.

Someone on twitter reported getting there for the Lounge line and CMs asking folks there if they wanted to dining in the restaurant area, they had openings. The person said they were not interested in the prix fixe menu so they just waited (I think they said an hour) but it might be worth visiting the podium if you want to eat in the restaurant part.
Which is odd since no reservations seem to be available online.

Someone came down the line and asked if anyone wanted reservations in September also. I believe I was there September 28. I stayed in the lounge line, but quite a few ended up with reservations for later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter